Sony E3 2012 Press Conference

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Where did you learn A?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't get that feeling at all from Sony's conference. No idea where he got that from?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Where did you learn A?[/QUOTE]

Because that's really all I've seen from it thus far. Yeah, new Assassin's Creed looks cool, but otherwise I just see a lot of PS3 ports. Maybe I am cynical, but when Sony tells me "It interacts with the PS3 version", all I hear is "Our key revenue assumption is that people will be dumb enough to buy the same game twice".

[quote name='Setzer']Yeah, I didn't get that feeling at all from Sony's conference. No idea where he got that from?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the brief mention of the LBP2 DLC where you can use it as a controller?

I really don't understand all the hate Sony gets.

On another note, this elephant boss looks pretty awesome.

[quote name='spmahn']Because that's really all I've seen from it thus far. Yeah, new Assassin's Creed looks cool, but otherwise I just see a lot of PS3 ports. Maybe I am cynical, but when Sony tells me "It interacts with the PS3 version", all I hear is "Our key revenue assumption is that people will be dumb enough to buy the same game twice".[/QUOTE]

I believe the Battle Stars selling point is that Vita owners can play against people on the PS3. Don't know why you take that as some shady marketing tactic to get you to buy both.

come on sony all i want to know is

is the playstation 3 getting a price drop ...

TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME

shakes the person on stage LOL

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm guessing the brief mention of the LBP2 DLC where you can use it as a controller?

I really don't understand all the hate Sony gets.

On another note, this elephant boss looks pretty awesome.

I believe the Battle Stars selling point is that Vita owners can play against people on the PS3. Don't know why you take that as some shady marketing tactic to get you to buy both.[/QUOTE]

No, I mean where they show people playing games like Playstation Battle Royal with the Vita. Why would anyone do that? Just get another damn PS3 Controller.

[quote name='spmahn']No, I mean where they show people playing games like Playstation Battle Royal with the Vita. Why would anyone do that? Just get another damn PS3 Controller.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, they are showing that people with a Vita can play people who are playing on the PS3. They weren't using the Vita as a controller, they were playing the Vita game.

[quote name='spmahn']No, I mean where they show people playing games like Playstation Battle Royal with the Vita. Why would anyone do that? Just get another damn PS3 Controller.[/QUOTE]

Uh that's to show the game is cross compatible, meaning both Vita and PS3 players and play together. It has nothing to do with using the Vita as a controller. It shows you can be on a train playing the game on a vita against someone across the country playing it on their PS3...

Beyond looks awesome. GoW Ascension looks awesome. Last of Us looks insanely awesome.

But where the fuck as The Last Guardian!? I missed a bit of the show but can't find any details about whether or not it was shown.

The whole Wonderbook part was just plain awful in every way. It's easily going to become the meme'd for E3 2012.

And yeah, what happened to the Vita Sony?

[quote name='Miami_13']So uhh yeah, where were the Vita games? What the fuck Sony?[/QUOTE]

Didn't they say there were gonna be 60 games coming out?

I was seriously expecting Sony to mainly focus on the Vita. They focused more on fucking Wonderbook than the Vita! Not good at all, they couldn't announce anything besides AC Liberation and CoD? fuck.

It was an okay show. A definite lack of Vita support in favor of Move support? Really? The middle kind of died for Sony, to be honest. Ubisoft and EA were ahead. Ubi's the clear winner so far, but EA was just ahead of Sony due to the lack of BS. Sony...starting with Beyond...I can't trust David Cage.

6.5/10 I guess. It was okay. Not good, not great. I thought there'd be more announcements for Vita and PS+ but instead we got a few missed opportunities.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Didn't they say there were gonna be 60 games coming out?[/QUOTE]

Too bad they showed... what, one? I missed ~15 minutes just after the start... can't say for sure.

Why is it every year people pretend like E3 is the only game show for the year? There are multiple other shows to show more of the games.

[quote name='Vinny']Too bad they showed... what, one? I missed ~25 minutes in the middle so.. can't say for sure.[/QUOTE]

Ass creed and cod were the only things they showed. And the super smash brothers rip off I think

No price cut and no new announcements. Really making me re think my Vita purchase now. Ugh, did they even mention PS+ interpretation with Vita? I can't remember. Yes I mad.

[quote name='slickkill77']Ass creed and cod were the only things they showed. And the super smash brothers rip off I think[/QUOTE]

But Sony Smash Bros was just crossplay, right?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Okay for the most part this sucked, but Beyond, God of War, and the Last of Us look amazing.[/QUOTE]

E3 has been a bit underwhelming so far (in regards to everyone,) but as you mentioned there was definitely some gems shown.

[quote name='Miami_13']No price cut and no new announcements. Really making me re think my Vita purchase now. Ugh, did they even mention PS+ interpretation with Vita? I can't remember. Yes I mad.[/QUOTE]

guess there is always Kmart..

Knew i should of grabbed that 199 ps3 with MK game at gamestop back in april... sob

Beyond, Gow, and The Last of us looked absolutely amazing. That Wonderbook thing was the ps3's version of Usher. Horrible. Also, The lack of Vita games and no price cut is disappointing. Overall it was an okay showing.

Hahaha, the only secret they could keep was some shitty Wonderbook? It's no wonder why: NOBODY CARES. Beyond looks interesting, but doesn't really eclipse Heavy Rain for graphics. Will keep an eye on it. Of course, the big gun was Last Of Us which I must say is shaping up to be huge. I'm curious how the game controls because while it was awesome to see the events unfold, I can't imagine the entire game being that scripted. Glad they're getting away from run n' gun though.

God of War looked EXACTLY like Gow 3. How was it amazing? I love god of war, don't get me wrong. I saw nothing but a DLC expansion for Gow 3 in the form of a new game.

Poor Vita!

:'(

I seriously can't believe how little they devoted to it considering it's performance.
A cross play demo for the Smash game, some Assassin's Creed III video which granted, could be good, and a CoD LOGO.

God of War looked like God of War...don't know why they needed to spend so much time on it. Wonderbook...sooner that's forgotten, the better. Beyond looks graphically impressing, but you can't tell much about a game if you can't see any gameplay. Last of Us looks fun. And pirate ship battles in AC3 helped sell me on that game...

[quote name='dallow']I seriously can't believe how little they devoted to it considering it's performance.
A cross play demo for the Smash game, some Assassin's Creed III video which granted, could be good, and a CoD LOGO.[/QUOTE]

You're acting like all developers packed up and went home after Sony's conference. More things will be announced over the next few days.

[quote name='slickkill77']God of War looked EXACTLY like Gow 3. How was it amazing? I love god of war, don't get me wrong. I saw nothing but a DLC expansion for Gow 3 in the form of a new game.[/QUOTE]

It looked more realistic (to me, at least) and simply faster/more intense. Go back and look at some screens for GoW3 and then watch the trailer again... it doesn't look as plastic-y. Also, notice how smoothly Kratos was hurled around in the air... much smoother and much faster than the titan/god fights in GoW3.

Plus, you get to fight goats and elephants!

Last year at E3, a few months after the 3DS release, Nintendo announced a crap-ton of 1st party games. Tonight, a few months after the Vita release, we get 2 new games and they are both 3rd Party games. Sony's support? PS1 games are available soon.

[quote name='Scorch']You're acting like all developers packed up and went home after Sony's conference. More things will be announced over the next few days.[/QUOTE]

they did, they all got in their little clown car and drove home :)

Yeah lack of Vita games was a major disappointment.

Smash bros clone is nice, but ACIII and COD... ehh.

Sony needs to smarten up and ditch the Move.

Their handheld is going to suffer because of their ignorance.

[quote name='Scorch']You're acting like all developers packed up and went home after Sony's conference. More things will be announced over the next few days.[/QUOTE]
It was Sony's conference man!
And there was only 1 Sony game for the Vita shown. Right from the start they know millions are watching this.
I'm sure there'll be some small Vita titles shown off in the next couple of days that will be lost in the news filter to the mainstream. Just great.

Nintendo's going to have a second conference JUST for 3DS software.

Nintendo's going to have a second conference JUST for 3DS software.

Nintendo's having a second conference for 3DS in general, where they'll announce the new system. I hope they'll announce a ton of games, though.

Star Wars 1313 looked awesome, kind of action oriented like Uncharted.

still very disappointed no price drop...

wonder why all of these 50 buck gift card and the Gamestop promo ..... everyone was thinking price drop...

come on gamestop do the 199 system again..

i see they are doing the 150 USED system at gamestop but will never buy a used system off gamestop i dont think you can get a warranty on it

the 99 wii with the 25 gift card is tempting but hell i can get a used wii for 60 easy

well i changed my mind about ac3 but im still going to wait for it to hit 20 in a month or 3 to get it cheaper. i know its a nd game but i was hoping last of us would look less like uncharted the ellen paige game looks cool but i wonder if itll be a movie experience like heavy rain or a game game.

[quote name='Salamando3000']God of War looked like God of War...don't know why they needed to spend so much time on it. Wonderbook...sooner that's forgotten, the better. Beyond looks graphically impressing, but you can't tell much about a game if you can't see any gameplay. Last of Us looks fun. And pirate ship battles in AC3 helped sell me on that game...[/QUOTE]
I liked the part where he went against a ship of the line galleon and won rofl. He would have been shit on before even getting close to a ship like that.

With the Vita underperforming, I assumed they'd go all out to give people a reason to jump on board. We got a game I'll likely just buy on PS3, a decent looking third party game, and the promise that PS1 games will arrive soon. Soon-ish. Or something.

Call of Duty was fucking bizarre. A game in a GIGANTIC SYSTEM-SELLING SERIES that's announced for 6 months from now doesn't show any footage? Yeah, that's not a thing to worry about. Nope. That was just baffling.

My favorite Vita moment? Tretton totally throwing Resistance under the bus while announcing COD. First AAA FPS with multiplayer, huh? Even if it sucks, shouldn't you be promoting your first party titles as AAA? No? Sigh.

[quote name='Scorch']Speaking of new footage being announced post-conferences..

Star Wars 1313 footage coming up on Spike![/QUOTE]
I'm actually a little disappointed. Game looks great, gameplay looks very boring. Hopefully they soup it up before release because bounty hunters don't survive on blasters alone.
[quote name='Vinny']It looked more realistic (to me, at least) and simply faster/more intense. Go back and look at some screens for GoW3 and then watch the trailer again... it doesn't look as plastic-y. Also, notice how smoothly Kratos was hurled around in the air... much smoother and much faster than the titan/god fights in GoW3.

Plus, you get to fight goats and elephants![/QUOTE]
God of Bore has failed to innovate since game one. This one was sadly no different.

[quote name='007']With the Vita underperforming, I assumed they'd go all out to give people a reason to jump on board. We got a game I'll likely just buy on PS3, a decent looking third party game, and the promise that PS1 games will arrive soon. Soon-ish. Or something.

Call of Duty was fucking bizarre. A game in a GIGANTIC SYSTEM-SELLING SERIES that's announced for 6 months from now doesn't show any footage? Yeah, that's not a thing to worry about. Nope. That was just baffling.

My favorite Vita moment? Tretton totally throwing Resistance under the bus while announcing COD. First AAA FPS with multiplayer, huh? Even if it sucks, shouldn't you be promoting your first party titles as AAA? No? Sigh.[/QUOTE]
I laughed at that comment too.

And that is really strange with the lack of footage for a game due so soon.
I can't help but imagine a rush job.

I enjoyed the presentation. The AR Wonderbook looked okay and I am sure it will sell well enough with the Harry Potter game, but so not for me.

I'm glad the PS0ne games are finally getting on the Vita. CoD, AC, and Playstation All-Stars on the Vita will be interesting to see how they do.

I'm really looking forward to The Last of Us, and Beyond.

[quote name='dallow']I laughed at that comment too.

And that is really strange with the lack of footage for a game due so soon.
I can't help but imagine a rush job.[/QUOTE]

Read somewhere that Microsoft has an exclusive deal when it comes to showing off CoD during events like this...or something...no clue how trustworthy it is...now, if footage doesn't show up from the show floor, then we start to panic.

God of War Ascension demo looked sick. Loved that new elephant type enemy. Also Kratos seems to have the power to stop or reverse time? Overall it looked really nice. I cant wait until march 12th!

Also the demo of AC3 was awesome.

That wonderbook thing was so boring to watch.

Haha I have been kind of out of mainstream gaming for a while but I thought the Last of Us was Uncharted 4.

I think it's cool that they're making Playstation tablets.

bread's done
Back