Sony MSRP changes effective August 14th (PS3 and Vita games)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credit: thekonamicode from NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485951

Next Tuesday, retailers nationwide will be permanently dropping prices on 17 titles published by Sony on the PS3 and Vita. Here's the breakdown with the new MSRP.

It is not known how soon the price changes will take effect on PSN.

Vita

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - $19.99
Little Deviants - $19.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $19.99
Reality Fighter - $19.99
Resistance: Burning Skies - $29.99
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $39.99
Unit 13 - $29.99
Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

PS3

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition - $19.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.99
Infamous 2 - $19.99
Jak and Daxter Collection - $19.99
Ratchet & Clank Future: All 4 One - $19.99
Sorcery- MOVE Required - $19.99
Twisted Metal - $39.99
Uncharted 1&2 Dual Pack - $29.99
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
The wal-mart here has had HSG and Wipeout 2048 for $20 for about a month or so now. Also both games are currently marked down as such on Amazon. Just some places to keep in mind if you want either one but can't wait till the 14th.

Don't be surprised if some of these turn into PS Plus "freebies." I saw that Sony had some "big" announcements for PS Plus hinted for Gamescom kind of like they did for E3.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Why didn't you get it for $5 at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]This was during their 1st big wave of super cheap non @gamer coupon drops fortunately for me a person got the last copy & it was scanning $50 so they left it on the customer kiosk. It was sold out online so I guess they just gave up or didn't realize BB B&M matches BB.com.

[quote name='Francision']Finally! Some nice, affordable PS3/PSVita titles. Prices can only get lower from here! :D[/QUOTE]During the 1st 2 weeks of July GS had most of the vita titles cheaper $10-$20.

[quote name='Brother Daz']a bunch of us missed that sale[/QUOTE]^^^ I almost did stock was very slim.

[quote name='erdmanski1341']TC, you might want to update the OP price for Uncharted: Golden Abyss. The original link was updated that it should be $39.99 not $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Aww.. I liked $29.99 better :)

Hopefully a PS3 MSRP drops follows at gamescom. If not, I'm just paying the full price for a 320 GB bundle. I asked two days ago if best Buy price matches their own gift card deals, like if I buy at full price but then they have a $50 GC deal a few weeks later can i go in and get the GC or do i have to return and rebuy? But no one answered... dicks :censored::argue:

[quote name='ravens52bears54']My patience with the J&D collection will finally pay off. I think it's the only major HD collection that I didn't buy day one and of course the only one that NEVER went on sale. Just my luck.

But finally a price drop.

And it's not that I don't think that's it's worth every penny of $40 but every other HD collection I bought dropped in price drastically soon after release and I figured this would do the same. Of course not.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with ya, can't wait to pick this up!

Suddenly I'm not as interested in the $15 BB sale on Sorcery

[quote name='JP73']Hopefully a PS3 MSRP drops follows at gamescom. If not, I'm just paying the full price for a 320 GB bundle. I asked two days ago if best Buy price matches their own gift card deals, like if I buy at full price but then they have a $50 GC deal a few weeks later can i go in and get the GC or do i have to return and rebuy? But no one answered... dicks :censored::argue:[/QUOTE]
They should I'd imagine as long as its within the return/price match period, but if you'd like I can ask my personal shopper thing and get you an official answer

I can imagine most of these games will also be getting "Greatest Hits" stamped on them soon as well. And so begins the fine balance of avoiding the red label but also potentially getting these even cheaper as time goes on. :)

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Don't be surprised if some of these turn into PS Plus "freebies." I saw that Sony had some "big" announcements for PS Plus hinted for Gamescom kind of like they did for E3.[/QUOTE]

I hope so, it would be great if they give up Uncharted 3 for free.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Suddenly I'm not as interested in the $15 BB sale on Sorcery

They should I'd imagine as long as its within the return/price match period, but if you'd like I can ask my personal shopper thing and get you an official answer[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I don't know what personal shopper thing you're talkign about, but if you can get something official and it isn't too much trouble, I would appreciate it.

[quote name='JP73']Thanks. I don't know what personal shopper thing you're talkign about, but if you can get something official and it isn't too much trouble, I would appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
Best Buy Personal Shopper, Silver member benefit

I'll shoot an email out, and get back to you when I get a response

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Best Buy Personal Shopper, Silver member benefit

I'll shoot an email out, and get back to you when I get a response[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot, i appreciate it

Jak and Daxter Collection - $19.99

Hell yes! Glad I waited. :)

This is fantastic news if Sony starts lowering their MSRP on games to $19.99.

This HD generation the "greatest hits" have hovered around $30 so a return to the $20 price point is great. I've stuck to mostly used game purchases this generation but at $20 I can throw down some cash to support the developers.

[quote name='JP73']Hopefully a PS3 MSRP drops follows at gamescom. If not, I'm just paying the full price for a 320 GB bundle. I asked two days ago if best Buy price matches their own gift card deals, like if I buy at full price but then they have a $50 GC deal a few weeks later can i go in and get the GC or do i have to return and rebuy? But no one answered... dicks :censored::argue:[/QUOTE]They do it's not policy but for a big ticket item shouldn't be a problem.

Sold my vanilla version of GT5 when BBY was doing the 100% trade in and got $20 bucks for it. Been waiting for a decent price on GT5 XL and this hits the spot. I wanna know why Little big planet 2 hasn't dropped yet!

I've had the chance to buy GT5 XL for $29.90 but I'd been waiting for a chance to get it for $18-20. I couldn't believe people were still buying GT5 without the DLC for $30+ :lol:.

Now I lost interest in the DLC as my computer racing games have made up a bit. I'll still jump on it for $14.99 as I want the XJR-9 and 787B around Spa and Le Mans.

Hopefully this means we'll be seeing some $10 sales on the $20 msrp titles soon. Been waiting for an online deal for All4One at that price.

Is it realistic to think most retailers will be honoring these prices on Tuesday? Or do they have a grace period?

I know in the past when their have been MSRP drops not all retailers drop the prices of the games in their system at the same time

So with Twisted Metal recently being $20 ($59.99-$40) at BB from the Gamers Club coupon I guess it's time to go in and price adjust so it comes out to $0?

[quote name='TheBiz']So with Twisted Metal recently being $20 ($59.99-$40) at BB from the Gamers Club coupon I guess it's time to go in and price adjust so it comes out to $0?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work that way unfortunately lol

[quote name='Fabrizo']Hopefully this means we'll be seeing some $10 sales on the $20 msrp titles soon. Been waiting for an online deal for All4One at that price.[/QUOTE]

I see you missed the $10 Best Buy deal of the day(ONLINE/in store). I price matched it at Target and got Quest For Booty($15 value) for free!

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']The thing that I hate about all this is I JUST bought Wipeout 2048 for $39.99 the other day. :wall:[/QUOTE]

:hot:That game has been posted for $20 more than once!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I see you missed the $10 Best Buy deal of the day(ONLINE/in store).[/QUOTE]

Yea, I had just started a new job and wasn't paying attention online that week :(

[quote name='Fabrizo']Yea, I had just started a new job and wasn't paying attention online that week :([/QUOTE]

That's good your priorities are in order! :)Maybe there will be another $10 sale on it.

bread's done
Back