Sony MSRP changes effective August 14th (PS3 and Vita games)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credit: thekonamicode from NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485951

Next Tuesday, retailers nationwide will be permanently dropping prices on 17 titles published by Sony on the PS3 and Vita. Here's the breakdown with the new MSRP.

It is not known how soon the price changes will take effect on PSN.

Vita

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - $19.99
Little Deviants - $19.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $19.99
Reality Fighter - $19.99
Resistance: Burning Skies - $29.99
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $39.99
Unit 13 - $29.99
Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

PS3

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition - $19.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.99
Infamous 2 - $19.99
Jak and Daxter Collection - $19.99
Ratchet & Clank Future: All 4 One - $19.99
Sorcery- MOVE Required - $19.99
Twisted Metal - $39.99
Uncharted 1&2 Dual Pack - $29.99
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to trade in my copy of Hot Shots Golf into Best Buy before this goes into affect. Than I'm going to use the $11 ($15+ w/ 50% trade in bonus) to buy Rayman Origins apart of the Summer Gaming Blowout for $10.

I'll rebuy Hot Shots Golf when its $10 or less.

Might even get Jak & Daxter Collection but I didn't like the 2nd game so I'll wait till the price is lower.

Might trade in my GT5 and then pick up the XL edition for $4, but I also haven't played it in awhile so idk if its worth it, guess it'll always be that price so I have time to decide if I want to rebut

Now that God of War: Origins Collection will be $20, I think I'm going to wait for it to be $15 or so. I'm getting Saga Collection too but I want a physical disk for the original games so this is a good deal. Might wait for Saga Collection to be $30 too though.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Now that God of War: Origins Collection will be $20, I think I'm going to wait for it to be $15 or so. I'm getting Saga Collection too but I want a physical disk for the original games so this is a good deal. Might wait for Saga Collection to be $30 too though.[/QUOTE]

Sell the Saga Origins codes and buy the discs!:applause:

[quote name='GBAstar']Is it realistic to think most retailers will be honoring these prices on Tuesday? Or do they have a grace period?

I know in the past when their have been MSRP drops not all retailers drop the prices of the games in their system at the same time[/QUOTE]

GS changes prices on Wednesdays, only store I know of that has a set time each week. Target changed SW: TOR on Sunday yet Walmart hasn't done it yet.

To those getting U3, give its online mp a chance.... It's actually pretty fun, especially now that they released a great patch. They put lots of content in it (and much more to come!), its like TF2 but with less hats.:)

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Sell the Saga Origins codes and buy the discs!:applause:[/QUOTE]

Was planning on doing that actually but I'll still wait for a small price drop. I'm sure Amazon will sell the games for $5 or $10 cheaper within a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for Jak and GT5XL, but what does GT5XL have on disc vs voucher? I am not sure if I want to buy used or not. I have the same problem with RE5 Gold in that I don't actually know what's on disc and what's not, and couldn't find out online.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Wow at uncharted 3 at 19.99![/QUOTE]

Hmm.. darn. Time to sell the Collector's Edition for $30, rebuy back the new one for $19.99.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I see you missed the $10 Best Buy deal of the day(ONLINE/in store). I price matched it at Target and got Quest For Booty($15 value) for free!

:hot:That game has been posted for $20 more than once![/QUOTE]

You guys are killing me with this "It was on sale before..." stuff. lol.. I JUST bought a Vita. A fellow CAG brought to my attention that I can go price adjust it when the new price comes into effect. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']You guys are killing me with this "It was on sale before..." stuff. lol.. I JUST bought a Vita. A fellow CAG brought to my attention that I can go price adjust it when the new price comes into effect. I don't know why I didn't think of that.[/QUOTE]

You know what? Until you learn how to spot the trends of games going on sale over and over, your Cheap Ass License has been revoked! (...and, don't say Best Buy credit! Kindle Cards!)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9859617

How long does it usually take places like Best Buy to impliment these prices? I picked up jak collection almost a month ago but didn't open it, so i can PM it if it kicks in soon, if not i may have to just return it then rebuy when they get around to it

^_^x KD

[quote name='Brother Daz']Nice, I have a b1g2 from renewing my PUR card. Think Im going to grag GT5XL, Jak and Daxter along with something else. Hope GS updates the prices that day.[/QUOTE]

No way? So if I go renew mine also will I get a b1g2 coupon?

[quote name='AkariK']I'm in for Jak and GT5XL, but what does GT5XL have on disc vs voucher? I am not sure if I want to buy used or not. I have the same problem with RE5 Gold in that I don't actually know what's on disc and what's not, and couldn't find out online.[/QUOTE]

+1 for GT5XL.

Anyone know?

Where's an MSRP drop on those damn Vita Memory Cards. Blows my mind that because they go proprietary they think that they can charge 5x the normal price of comparable memory like micro sd. (Obviously they can, but I won't pay it.) Lexar and Sandisk need to get on those things so I can move all my PSP stuff over and maybe start actually buying some more digital stuff. I'd assume the digital versions will drop in price too.

[quote name='Pets0undz']+1 for GT5XL.

Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

The voucher is all DLC released as of January this year, some track and cars I think. The voucher that is

Disc is just 2.0 patch on there I believe

Just FYI the trade in value on Amazon for Uncharted 3 is still $18.90 if you want to dump it before the price drop.

I figure I'll trade mine in this week and then hit up the Jak Collection when it drops next week.

Uncharted 3 has been on my Pole of Shame since it came out. Just never really had time/money to play it. Now I'm glad I waited!

Resistance: Burning Skies getting close to the right price for me....

Working on getting through Growlanser WFoT on my vita first.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Doesn't work that way unfortunately lol[/QUOTE]

You've asked BB already?

[quote name='IceColdKilla44']Loving how these HD collections are quickly coming down in price. Even the R&C Collection's only starting at $30 instead of the normal $40.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking that may be a new MSRP for the HD collections, while the PS3 collections like GoW and inFAMOUS will be $40.

[quote name='AkariK']I'm in for Jak and GT5XL, but what does GT5XL have on disc vs voucher? I am not sure if I want to buy used or not. I have the same problem with RE5 Gold in that I don't actually know what's on disc and what's not, and couldn't find out online.[/QUOTE]

In the disc itself it has the 2.0 update that was released as a massive download many months ago, for GT5 owners. The DLC (cars + tracks) have to be downloaded via a code.

Looks like this will be a good time to trade in Uncharted 3, once I beat it VERY soon, to Best Buy during the 50% bonus for $16 before MSRP hits!

I wonder why sony would announce these a week early. Why not just drop the prices at the same time you make your announcement?

I'll probably give GT5 another shot. I found a nice force feedback logitech wheel for $10 at a garage sale that I would use for it.

[quote name='Linkgx1']These hs collections shoulda been $20 max in the 1st place[/QUOTE]

What? In a lot of the cases you're getting THREE full games, that were amazing games last gen, up scaled to look like a current gen game.

Now doing ONE game in HD and charging $40 for it, like M$ did with Halo, is fucking absurd.

Jak and Daxter has finally reached my price point. I never really had much fun with Jak as I did with Ratchet and Clank but for $20, I'll play it again.

Will probably grab GT5 XL, have some BB credit coming my way once all my points process. Interested in GOW origins and then all I'd need is GOW 3. Won't be getting the pack with the Digitals. Not my cup o' tea.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Jak and Daxter has finally reached my price point. I never really had much fun with Jak as I did with Ratchet and Clank but for $20, I'll play it again.[/QUOTE]

Loved the Jak series, rumor has it a new one is being worked on. Call me a giddy girl :bouncy:

Like a lot of others, I'm tempted by the Jak and Daxter Collection and Gran Turismo XL.
I'm new to the PS3, so I'm wondering... how likely is it that an Uncharted Trilogy will be out, and would it be better for me to wait for that (and specifically a sale on it), since the combined cost of the Dual Pack and UC3 comes to $50?

Most already know Uncharted 3 is getting a Game of the Year edition but Gran Turismo 5 is also getting one called Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition.

GamesCom is coming up on 8/15, so Sony should be announcing more than price drops going forward into the holiday season.

[quote name='htz']Most already know Uncharted 3 is getting a Game of the Year edition but Gran Turismo 5 is also getting one called Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition.

GamesCom is coming up on 8/15, so Sony should be announcing more than price drops going forward into the holiday season.[/QUOTE]

Yeah since these are MSRP drops I am not going to rush out and buy them on Tuesday. I would rather wait till more info on GOTY info is finalized.

[quote name='FinderKeeper']Like a lot of others, I'm tempted by the Jak and Daxter Collection and Gran Turismo XL.
I'm new to the PS3, so I'm wondering... how likely is it that an Uncharted Trilogy will be out, and would it be better for me to wait for that (and specifically a sale on it), since the combined cost of the Dual Pack and UC3 comes to $50?[/QUOTE]
I would expect an Uncharted Trilogy at some point, but even if it doesn't, Uncharted 3 GOTY edition is definitely confirmed coming out, so factor that into your decision.

bread's done
Back