Sony MSRP changes effective August 14th (PS3 and Vita games)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credit: thekonamicode from NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485951

Next Tuesday, retailers nationwide will be permanently dropping prices on 17 titles published by Sony on the PS3 and Vita. Here's the breakdown with the new MSRP.

It is not known how soon the price changes will take effect on PSN.

Vita

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - $19.99
Little Deviants - $19.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $19.99
Reality Fighter - $19.99
Resistance: Burning Skies - $29.99
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $39.99
Unit 13 - $29.99
Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

PS3

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition - $19.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.99
Infamous 2 - $19.99
Jak and Daxter Collection - $19.99
Ratchet & Clank Future: All 4 One - $19.99
Sorcery- MOVE Required - $19.99
Twisted Metal - $39.99
Uncharted 1&2 Dual Pack - $29.99
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='superhippy1986']I got the feeling this is fake.. I mean we haven't heard crap about this from Sony.[/QUOTE]
i was thinking that too...

Uncharted gets you started in the series. Pretty graphics and great humor with some clunky controls getting in the way as well as far too much shooting (all triggered suddenly by you moving somewhere specific. Bam, swarms of enemies spawning out of nowhere).

Uncharted 2 is fantastic. I found everything to be brilliant.

Uncharted 3 was a big letdown as a follow up to Uncharted 2. It felt like it needed an extra few months of work done before release. The story wasn't pleasing either and it raises unanswered questions.

I think Uncharted 3 had the best and most puzzles in the series. I don't remember many puzzles in the 2nd one.

I'm probably gonna rebuy U3 but I'll wait for the GOTY edition.

[quote name='SuperMario64']I think Uncharted 3 had the best and most puzzles in the series. I don't remember many puzzles in the 2nd one.

I'm probably gonna rebuy U3 but I'll wait for the GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 2 had enough puzzles. That's one of my gripes with 3. I don't mind solving the puzzles in the games, but it felt like that's all I was doing in that one. It really had no idea what it wanted to do. It starts off wanting to develop the story, then it wants to be an action game, then it wants to throw a bunch of puzzles at you, and then it turns into a glorified tech demo where all you do is hold the analog stick to your next destination.

It's undoubtedly gorgeous, but needed focus.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So is this[/QUOTE]

Not really. When a dude posts something without an official source or any official word from the manufacturer and then says that someone told him this, that is the epitome of a rumor. Pointing out that it's a rumor, is actually a factual statement

[quote name='JP73']Not really. When a dude posts something without an official source or any official word from the manufacturer and then says that someone told him this, that is the epitome of a rumor. Pointing out that it's a rumor, is actually a factual statement[/QUOTE]

I should have clarified. While calling it a rumor is factual, actually pointing it out provides us with no real facts either. I was only trying to poke fun at the post since calling it a rumor does not really matter at this point. It will either happen tomorrow or not. But you are right, this is a rumor and calling it one is factual.

[quote name='JP73']Not really. When a dude posts something without an official source or any official word from the manufacturer and then says that someone told him this, that is the epitome of a rumor. Pointing out that it's a rumor, is actually a factual statement[/QUOTE]

If it were real people would have sources and IGN & other popular gaming sites would be talking about it and Sony would be too. So I guess tomorrow morning when I wake up at 10 if nothing is on the main sites and stores I'm going "BLEEP"

[quote name='cancerman1120']I should have clarified. While calling it a rumor is factual, actually pointing it out provides us with no real facts either. I was only trying to poke fun at the post since calling it a rumor does not really matter at this point. It will either happen tomorrow or not. But you are right, this is a rumor and calling it one is factual.[/QUOTE]

Then we agree

I personally think( and hope) it's legit. A lot of these drops would make sense. God of War Orgins cannot possibly be 39.99 when they are releasing the GOW Saga for 29.99 in a few weeks. Plus Ico/SotC Collection got a drop to 20 bucks and they were released the same day, I think. And some of the other games have been out for a while. It makes sense

Plus, the dude that posted it doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would just make crap up for the hell of it.

Anyway, I'll find out either tomorrow morning or during the Gamescom Press Conference at 5 EST

[quote name='cheeky']well it's midnight on the east coast and i don't see any price change...[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? This isn't Cinderella. No one said it has to happen at exactly Midnight on the nose. It very well may be an announcement at their Gamescom press conference

[quote name='JP73']Wait, what? This isn't Cinderella. No one said it has to happen at exactly Midnight on the nose. It very well may be an announcement at their Gamescom press conference[/QUOTE]

You are a very bad reader.

For what it's worth, Walmart is showing the new prices on GT5XL and Jak & Daxter. I didn't check the rest.

*Edit - the website that is.

[quote name='Reiaze']For what it's worth, Walmart is showing the new prices on GT5XL and Jak & Daxter. I didn't check the rest.

*Edit - the website that is.[/QUOTE]

I see uncharted 3 for 19.99 on their website too. I guess I will pick it up later today.

To all the people who got snippy and elitist about the fact that this wasn't confirmed - so happy you were wrong. To everyone else - let's enjoy these great new prices and (hopefully) even greater sales :D Also looks like I'll be able to PM GT5XL at best buy no prob (unless they drop the price later today which could very well happen) but Jak and Daxter doesn't seem to have a way to check stock for local walmart stores, hopefully some more retailers will reflect the new prices as the day progresses.

[quote name='gatornate1503']Just used my BEBU offer for Twisted which gave me $40 off. When the MSRP drops will BEBU give me the $20 difference???[/QUOTE]

This! Needs answered...

Thanks OP. I'll be taking the Walmart UC3 pricing to Best Buy for a price match and returning my unopened UC 3 collectors edition.

[quote name='chunlirocks']How are these DEALS ?

This is msrp.

Not a deal[/QUOTE]

This was answered pages ago. It's the sale potential that's even more exciting on this. With price drops, these likely could go on sale for even cheaper in the coming months.

Or even currently could sway folks who may have some gift cards (or Best Buy reward zone credit for instance) to buy them sooner.

[quote name='cheeky']You are a very bad reader.[/QUOTE]

I'm an excellent reader. I put that kid that was nailing Kate Winslet to shame. I think maybe you're a bad reader... or writer... or both

[quote name='Reiaze']For what it's worth, Walmart is showing the new prices on GT5XL and Jak & Daxter. I didn't check the rest.

*Edit - the website that is.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear! Glad it turned out legit

[quote name='DemonsMaster']To all the people who got snippy and elitist about the fact that this wasn't confirmed - so happy you were wrong. To everyone else - let's enjoy these great new prices and (hopefully) even greater sales :D Also looks like I'll be able to PM GT5XL at best buy no prob (unless they drop the price later today which could very well happen) but Jak and Daxter doesn't seem to have a way to check stock for local walmart stores, hopefully some more retailers will reflect the new prices as the day progresses.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no, I'm not sure anyone was being snippy. People were just being cautious and and reasonably skeptical. All you had was a guy posting this on a message board saying his friend who works in the industry told him this.

[quote name='gatornate1503']Just used my BEBU offer for Twisted which gave me $40 off. When the MSRP drops will BEBU give me the $20 difference???[/QUOTE]

No

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JP73']I'm an excellent reader. I put that kid that was nailing Kate Winslet to shame. [/QUOTE]

IMO, nailing Kate Winslet is shameful in and of itself.

I'm a newb at price matching, otherwise I could have saved myself some trouble at Wal-mart. They don't match their own website :)roll:), so I had to buy it online and use the store pickup. So, a few hoops jumped through later and I've got my copy of GT5 XL.

[quote name='Reiaze']I'm a newb at price matching, otherwise I could have saved myself some trouble at Wal-mart. They don't match their own website :)roll:), so I had to buy it online and use the store pickup. So, a few hoops jumped through later and I've got my copy of GT5 XL.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate how they do that. They will match other competitors but not their own site. Kinda backwards.

[quote name='g13']Thanks OP. I'll be taking the Walmart UC3 pricing to Best Buy for a price match and returning my unopened UC 3 collectors edition.[/QUOTE]

"Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period. The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices"

I am not sure if other people have had success with PMing competitors' online prices at BB, but that is what it says on their website.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Store.sony.com is showing the new price. But taxes and shipping... Hurry up Amazon!!![/QUOTE]

Theres literally no rush lol...in a few days it will be almost impossible for you to pay MORE for these games than these prices.

Nowhere to go but down!

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Theres literally no rush lol...in a few days it will be almost impossible for you to pay MORE for these games than these prices.

Nowhere to go but down![/QUOTE]

Right, I'm just ready place my order already :bouncy:

[quote name='xsdeal']"Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period. The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices"

I am not sure if other people have had success with PMing competitors' online prices at BB, but that is what it says on their website.[/QUOTE]

That may be true, but I have never had a problem with my local BB matching website pricing as I'm sure they believe the store prices are the same. They only problem they give me is when attempting to match a online only store.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']This was answered pages ago. It's the sale potential that's even more exciting on this. With price drops, these likely could go on sale for even cheaper in the coming months.

Or even currently could sway folks who may have some gift cards (or Best Buy reward zone credit for instance) to buy them sooner.[/QUOTE]

The word "deal" seems to have lost some of its accepted meanings on this site. I don't see this type of behavior anywhere else, just from longtime board members here.

Anyway, I'm going to pick up at Jak at this price. Luckily I didn't bite on a $28 warehouse deal last week.

[quote name='g13']That may be true, but I have never had a problem with my local BB matching website pricing as I'm sure they believe the store prices are the same. They only problem they give me is when attempting to match a online only store.[/QUOTE]

If the price on the website is the same in store, then they will match but if the price says online only, then they usually deny. Fortunately, there's a Fry's nearby.

Apparently Jak and Daxter is oos at most bb locations in my area already expect for a few, and the price hasn't even adjusted yet.

Man, I would love TRU to price-drop J&D before the end of day, this $5 coupon is burning a hole in my pocket (even though it doesn't expire 'til Thursday).

[quote name='Turbojugend']Man, I would love TRU to price-drop J&D before the end of day, this $5 coupon is burning a hole in my pocket (even though it doesn't expire 'til Thursday).[/QUOTE]
I know.

[quote name='skatz83']I need BB to update. I have a GC there.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, me too if not TRU.

bread's done
Back