Sony MSRP changes effective August 14th (PS3 and Vita games)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credit: thekonamicode from NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485951

Next Tuesday, retailers nationwide will be permanently dropping prices on 17 titles published by Sony on the PS3 and Vita. Here's the breakdown with the new MSRP.

It is not known how soon the price changes will take effect on PSN.

Vita

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - $19.99
Little Deviants - $19.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $19.99
Reality Fighter - $19.99
Resistance: Burning Skies - $29.99
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $39.99
Unit 13 - $29.99
Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

PS3

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition - $19.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.99
Infamous 2 - $19.99
Jak and Daxter Collection - $19.99
Ratchet & Clank Future: All 4 One - $19.99
Sorcery- MOVE Required - $19.99
Twisted Metal - $39.99
Uncharted 1&2 Dual Pack - $29.99
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jay2328']Went to see if my local Kmart had changed the price on Uncharted 3, but still at $40. Clerk even checked to make sure, shame since I have credit and now a $5 gift card from my purchase today. I guess I will wait and see if they lower the price this upcoming week. Only three copies left so I hope I get a chance to buy one if they do lower the price. Amazon is also an option since they are selling it directly again (not just third party sellers) and with free standard shipping.[/QUOTE]

Why not buy and pm when it drops? (not sure if KM does PMs, so it's a serious question...)

[quote name='Twitter']Oh, I see. Do you know if they send the coupon pack in the mail or do they give it right away?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']No way you just got lucky![/QUOTE]

Nope, Amazon is listed in the drop down list when the cashier selects who's being pricematched. I pricematched Amazon at bb a couple months ago.

[quote name='Ed_']Why not buy and pm when it drops? (not sure if KM does PMs, so it's a serious question...)[/QUOTE]

Did not think about that, but I am also not sure about their PM either. Broke down and decided to buy it from Amazon since I was already ordering something else. Amazon is also offering 30 day free trial of PS Plus with purchase, I already have two from other things but one more is not bad. I now hope to use the Kmart credit and gift card for the Journey Collectors Edition, if they get copies (crossing my fingers they do).

[quote name='Ed_']Why not buy and pm when it drops? (not sure if KM does PMs, so it's a serious question...)[/QUOTE]
I know KMart does NOT PM other stores, not sure what their policy is if THEY drop the price though.

[quote name='Haggar']Nope, Amazon is listed in the drop down list when the cashier selects who's being pricematched. I pricematched Amazon at bb a couple months ago.[/QUOTE]
This will never stop. :roll:

"The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices"
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

Amazon is a website so according to policy they do not price match it. Depending on store, who you get, and the discount, you could be lucky and get it matched. So don't be surprised if someone gets denied.

[quote name='YBX87']why is bestbuy. one of the retailer that has not drop uncharted 3 yet?[/QUOTE]

But oddly enough they have the CE for $29.99.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=2877929&pid=1218359004736

[quote name='lordopus99']This will never stop. :roll:

"The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices"
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

Amazon is a website so according to policy they do not price match it. Depending on store, who you get, and the discount, you could be lucky and get it matched. So don't be surprised if someone gets denied.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is in the best buy computer system. You don't have to get lucky, when the clerk. Chooses which store is being pricematched, Amazon is one of the stores in the drop down menu.

No luck, no override, its a selectible option in the register. I have price matched Amazon at Best Buy many times.

Last time was for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom. The cashier asked who had it cheaper, I told her Amazon, she pulled her iphone from her pocket, saw the price, then selected Amazon from the list of stores in the system.

Picked up jak & daxter and gt5xl from gamestop. I want all 4 one too, but I'll wait for target to drop the prices since theirs comes with an voucher for quest for booty.

[quote name='Haggar']Amazon is in the best buy computer system. You don't have to get lucky, when the clerk. Chooses which store is being pricematched, Amazon is one of the stores in the drop down menu.

No luck, no override, its a selectible option in the register. I have price matched Amazon at Best Buy many times.

Last time was for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom. The cashier asked who had it cheaper, I told her Amazon, she pulled her iphone from her pocket, saw the price, then selected Amazon from the list of stores in the system.[/QUOTE]

You dont seem to understand what people are saying.. YES, they CAN PM it. Its listed as an option. But their policy is that they dont. It says so plainly in their PM policy. Now if you get a mellow clerk or your cool with the employees they'll probably do it for you, but most of the time they will just point to policy and tell you to bugger off unless you raise a stink.

Just because its listed as an option doesn't mean its a definite go. Their policy clearly states they DONT match online retailers

Anyway. Anyone know when BB will match prices? Particularly for Jak and Daxter? I bought it last week in anticipation of this and am waiting for them to hit 20 bucks

^_^x KD

Picked up Uncharted 3 at Walmart yesterday. Had a little sign attached to it that said "New low price" and was marked as $20.

Man it sucks that Best Buy won't change these games to MSRP. I hope they do it before the end of the month as I'd like to do that buy $50 and get $10 credit promotion.

[quote name='lutz']Man it sucks that Best Buy won't change these games to MSRP. I hope they do it before the end of the month as I'd like to do that buy $50 and get $10 credit promotion.[/QUOTE]

They should go ahead and do it tonight since that's usually when their prices are updated.

I personally just went ahead and made two orders during the week. One with GOW:Origins and Man on Fire Blu-ray and the other with GT5 and Patriot Blu-ray. I'm just going to get the PM once they drop them this week. Figured why not get two $10 codes and the two games III needed.

Best part is the Origins and Man on Fire order only came to 47.98 before tax and beforebefore my $5 rewardzone code.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Anyone check if Best Buy dropped these titles to the new MSRP yet in store?[/QUOTE]

I was there this morning and nothing was marked down on the little tags in store. I didn't get anyone to scan anything to double check.

so i bought uncharted 3 and ico/sotc collection for $20 each.

they each came with a 1 month ps plus trial on amazon, so 2 months ($17.99 for 3 months)

DAMN! what a steal.

[quote name='Chesskid1']so i bought uncharted 3 and ico/sotc collection for $20 each.

they each came with a 1 month ps plus trial on amazon, so 2 months ($17.99 for 3 months)

DAMN! what a steal.[/QUOTE]

From what I've learned the PS+ codes don't stack. They are essentially the first month free of a three month subscription (you have to enter CC information before it'll activate).

If you don't remove the CC information or cancel before the trial you'll get billed for three months.

And supposedly you can't activate the second code until you cancel the first and in the AZ e-mail it says these expire 08/30/12

[quote name='GBAstar']From what I've learned the PS+ codes don't stack. They are essentially the first month free of a three month subscription (you have to enter CC information before it'll activate).

If you don't remove the CC information or cancel before the trial you'll get billed for three months.

And supposedly you can't activate the second code until you cancel the first and in the AZ e-mail it says these expire 08/30/12[/QUOTE]

Speaking from Expeireence what you posted GbaStar is NOT true.^^^

You can enter as many codes as you'd like. PSN + Codes DO stack.

The only precaution is to turn off automatic renewal when using the trial codes. Which can easily be done in account settings

Its kinda bullshit that uncharted GA is NOW $40... after a drop. I would drop $20 on it in an instant but refuse to pay a premium

[quote name='doc_j88']Speaking from Expeireence what you posted GbaStar is NOT true.^^^

You can enter as many codes as you'd like. PSN + Codes DO stack.

The only precaution is to turn off automatic renewal when using the trial codes. Which can easily be done in account settings[/QUOTE]

Thank you for mentioning this. I did not know you could enter more then one at a time as I never proceeded after it asked for my CC information.

[quote name='justme99z']Its kinda bullshit that uncharted GA is NOW $40... after a drop. I would drop $20 on it in an instant but refuse to pay a premium[/QUOTE]

Was on sale about two days ago for $19.99 brand new from gohastings

Had a big thread in this section and everything

[quote name='GBAstar']Thank you for mentioning this. I did not know you could enter more then one at a time as I never proceeded after it asked for my CC information.[/QUOTE]

No problem bud. I'm a Plus member until 2016 so i have a bit of expierence.

The credit card info step can make people hesitant. But from my expierence (One time) After you enter your card info and given your free 30 days of plus, i went to the account settings unchecked automatic renewal, THEN proceeded to delete my credit card info off of my account. I have never been asked for it again or charged for anything.

Whole process took me maybe 5 minutes.

Folks, you need to stop counting on best Buy to drop the prices. Like i mentioned once or twice before, Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition got a drop to $19.99 like 2 months ago and it's still $59.99 on Best Buy. If you really want these games now just go to Walmart or Gamestop or something.

[quote name='JP73']Folks, you need to stop counting on best Buy to drop the prices. Like i mentioned once or twice before, Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition got a drop to $19.99 like 2 months ago and it's still $59.99 on Best Buy. If you really want these games now just go to Walmart or Gamestop or something.[/QUOTE]

LOL Walmart and gaming price drops...lol funny.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']LOL Walmart and gaming price drops...lol funny.[/QUOTE]

Me and you must have vastly different senses of humor. Remind me never to go to a Louie CK show with you

Walmart has adjusted the prices of these games online( I think they were the first) and according to some on this thread the prices were adjusted in store as well. So I guess the "joke" just went over my head

Best Buy has no dropped the prices on these titles (I only checked GT5 XL, Uncharted and Twisted Metal) but I'm assuming they have all gone through.

It must have been my price matches from last week that forced Best Buy to finally do their price drops. That has to be the reason...

If that is the case then I thank you and all the others who did so for making them get off their behinds.
Now to go get my copy of Uncharted.

Yes, this was a pleasant surprise. I used my B2G1 free new games coupon from the Unlocked packet to get Jak and Daxter, Origins, and Little Big Planet 2( it FINALLY dropped as well) for $13.33 each.

Still deciding if I want to wait on U3 GOTY or not. I know it is all MP content so it might not be worth it. I like the MP but I am not sure how much the community is fragmented with all the DLC.

There's lots of people playing UC3 with MP DLC, don't worry about it. Certain modes are less popular, but I haven't had trouble finding a game. There was just a big patch recently, so there's also some renewed interest. The later MP maps are excellent too.

Glad about Best Buy.
Got both Golden Abyss and WipEout earlier this month, took just the receipts today and they gave me $38 back. Turned out a stylus I also got dropped $5. :)

[quote name='MXRider']Is it worth waiting for the GOTY Uncharted 3?[/QUOTE]

Well it includes over 10 DLCs (dont remember the exact number) so I think so. However I think the MRSP on the GOTY version is $40 so you'd have to wait even longer to get a decent deal on the GOTY version. Personally, I think I will wait till the GOTY version is about $30.

Now, are we sure we are even getting a UC3 GOTY? It was released in Europe today, but no news on any potential release date here

[quote name='JP73']Now, are we sure we are even getting a UC3 GOTY? It was released in Europe today, but no news on any potential release date here[/QUOTE]
It actually releases in Europe Sept. 19th

if you play Uncharted games online, the GOTY edition is worth waiting for, if not the regular is great. the online edition on the standard is feature packed already.

[quote name='MXRider']Is it worth waiting for the GOTY Uncharted 3?[/QUOTE]

The DLC in the GotY is just the season pass, but Sony took that down a few months back.

bread's done
Back