Sony MSRP changes effective August 14th (PS3 and Vita games)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credit: thekonamicode from NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485951

Next Tuesday, retailers nationwide will be permanently dropping prices on 17 titles published by Sony on the PS3 and Vita. Here's the breakdown with the new MSRP.

It is not known how soon the price changes will take effect on PSN.

Vita

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - $19.99
Little Deviants - $19.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $19.99
Reality Fighter - $19.99
Resistance: Burning Skies - $29.99
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $39.99
Unit 13 - $29.99
Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

PS3

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition - $19.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.99
Infamous 2 - $19.99
Jak and Daxter Collection - $19.99
Ratchet & Clank Future: All 4 One - $19.99
Sorcery- MOVE Required - $19.99
Twisted Metal - $39.99
Uncharted 1&2 Dual Pack - $29.99
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pnutz409']My wallet's been getting some exercise since the steam summer sale... getting close to Victoria Secret skinny. :whistle2:( Love it![/QUOTE]

Secret? or Beckham?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Pre-owned GOW:Origins dropped to $18.99 at GS

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-origins-collection/91461

Pre-owned Ratchet and Clank:All for One dropped to $17.99 at GS

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/ratchet-clank-all-4-one/84132

Pre-owned Jak and Daxter Collection HD dropped to $18.99 at GS (not online though)

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/jak-and-daxter-collection/98639[/QUOTE]

Yeah these will be among the hundreds of weekly price changes that hit the GS registers tomorrow morning.

[quote name='advanced']Wish I had known. That game totally slipped under my radar last year. I'm having a hard time finding it, let alone finding a deal on it.[/QUOTE]

Try Sears, if you're near them, for The Sly Cooper Collection. I paid $6.50 for mine. It was $12.99, but they were doing an additional 50% off games. Maybe yours might have it for $12.99 or less.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Try Sears, if you're near them, for The Sly Cooper Collection. I paid $6.50 for mine. It was $12.99, but they were doing an additional 50% off games. Maybe yours might have it for $12.99 or less.[/QUOTE]

I'm headed to my local mall today actually, so I can definitely do this. Thanks for the tip ChunLiBarbie. :D

Wait, so Midnight Metal just teased us and left. "I have the ad right here and this is not in it.... Bye!!!"

Not cool, bro... not cool

Walked into Fry's this morning and the price was adjusted... so I basically saved a couple of bucks by waiting several hours.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Try Sears, if you're near them, for The Sly Cooper Collection. I paid $6.50 for mine. It was $12.99, but they were doing an additional 50% off games. Maybe yours might have it for $12.99 or less.[/QUOTE]

Off-topic I know, but why is my Sears is so damn lame? Seriously, the clearance bin has stuff like NHL 11 for $29.99...

[quote name='darkvulture']gamestop dropped uncharted 3

19.99 new

18.99 used[/QUOTE]

isn't the used price always 17.99 when the game is 19.99 msrp at gamestop ? Dropping it by a dollar is so stupid. If you don't have the pur card you aren't saving anything at all lol

[quote name='Turbojugend']Walked into Fry's this morning and the price was adjusted... so I basically saved a couple of bucks by waiting several hours[/QUOTE]
Would have saved a few more bucks if you would have waited for the next best buy blowout or black friday

[quote name='LebongJamez']Would have saved a few more bucks if you would have waited for the next best buy blowout or black friday[/QUOTE]
No offense, but nothing is a given in regards to a specific sale on Black Friday since it is only August 15. It is mostly just wishful thinking and/or speculation.

[quote name='LebongJamez']Would have saved a few more bucks if you would have waited for the next best buy blowout or black friday[/QUOTE]

Right, but I have this weird issue. See, I like to actually play the games I purchase, and only I purchase games I'm interested in playing. So is it worth waiting a couple of months for a game I really want to play in hopes of saving another five bucks? Probably not.

anyone know when Best Buy will change their prices? Sunday perhaps? I'm waiting to use the Buy 2 get 1 free coupon from the gamer magazine deal. for those who haven't played Uncharted 3, you should really get it. single player is awesome.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']anyone know when Best Buy will change their prices? Sunday perhaps? I'm waiting to use the Buy 2 get 1 free coupon from the gamer magazine deal.[/QUOTE]

Same here, this feels like a good opportunity to use the B2G1 coupon before it expires on September 1st. For me, GT5XL, Jak & Daxter, and probably Sorcery.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Same here, this feels like a good opportunity to use the B2G1 coupon before it expires on September 1st. For me, GT5XL, Jak & Daxter, and probably Sorcery.[/QUOTE]

I'm beginning to wonder where my coupon is. Signed up a while back, but surely it's been 6-8 weeks by now.

for those without wanting to use the coup, Gamestop and Walmart updated their prices (on Jak at least), so you may be able to get BB to price match them even if not in stock in a store nearby. My BBs ususally just see the price online and match them for places with B&M like wally and GS.

[quote name='strait edge follower']isn't the used price always 17.99 when the game is 19.99 msrp at gamestop ? Dropping it by a dollar is so stupid. If you don't have the pur card you aren't saving anything at all lol[/QUOTE]

It used to be. I've noticed a few dollar used drops lately.

19.99/18.99
Neverdead
God of War: Origins Collection
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of The Year Edition 3D
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
The Sims 3: Pets

9.99/8.99
IL 2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey
Rugby World Cup 2011
Bejeweled 3

I'm hoping Amazon has that J&D collection sometime soon. They're really the only purchasing option at this point (I live way out in the sticks), and right now, the game is only available through third-party vendors.

Price matched GameStop no problem today at best buy for jak and gt5 xl. Helped to have the GameStop app already open on my phone! Wanted to wait for the price drop and get a $10 code but didn't wanna risk jak running out of stock. Hope we can get some great sales with these new prices.

[quote name='wrencrest']for those without wanting to use the coup, Gamestop and Walmart updated their prices (on Jak at least), so you may be able to get BB to price match them even if not in stock in a store nearby. My BBs ususally just see the price online and match them for places with B&M like wally and GS.[/QUOTE]

I could probably get them to price match no problem, but I bet they wouldn't also let me use my B2G1 coupon.

[quote name='advanced']I'm headed to my local mall today actually, so I can definitely do this. Thanks for the tip ChunLiBarbie. :D[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! Don't forget it's good to have items scanned at that place!

[quote name='jiggyteddy']No offense, but nothing is a given in regards to a specific sale on Black Friday since it is only August 15. It is mostly just wishful thinking and/or speculation.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention Black Friday is never the amazing day people hype it up to be every single year. It's cute how people think ever single game ever will not only be on sale, but also be next to free though.

[quote name='Twitter']where is this buy 2 get 1 free coupon everyone's talking about?[/QUOTE]

When you join Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked ($15 a year) you get 10 issues of @gamer (mag with very good coupons), 10% off on used games, 10% extra on trade ins, and a welcome packet of coupons which includes a buy 2 get 1 for new games and a buy 2 get 1 for used games

You also get access to certain promotions like the extra $20 on select pre-orders.

Since I joined in March I don't even know how much money I've saved, but it's well over $200

[quote name='DemonsMaster']When you join Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked ($15 a year) you get 10 issues of @gamer (mag with very good coupons), 10% off on used games, 10% extra on trade ins, and a welcome packet of coupons which includes a buy 2 get 1 for new games and a buy 2 get 1 for used games

You also get access to certain promotions like the extra $20 on select pre-orders.

Since I joined in March I don't even know how much money I've saved, but it's well over $200[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see. Do you know if they send the coupon pack in the mail or do they give it right away?

[quote name='Twitter']Oh, I see. Do you know if they send the coupon pack in the mail or do they give it right away?[/QUOTE]

It takes several weeks to come in the mail. Don't remember how long I waited but it was between 4-6 weeks.

Just called BB and a super nice lady price matched Gamestop for me for the Jak and Daxter Collection to be shipped, total came out to $15.89. Great deal since I had credit and a certificate.

Wal-Mart had Uncharted: Golden Abyss marked $49.99 and Resistance: Burning Skies at $39.99. I even had them scan R:BS. Still at original MSRP.

I picked up a new Jak & Daxter Collection and used God of War Origins at Gamestop and ordered Uncharted 3 from Gamefly - $55 for all three games :)

Gave in and bought GT5XL new because of the digital content - went to BB and had it price matched to Frys. If you do this, be careful that Frys has it misspelled on their site, it's 'Gran Tursimo'. I had to find it for the employee.

For Jak, I'll just wait for a deal on used games to get it. New retail means I shouldn't have a problem finding it later around 15ish before some sort of sale at any retailer.

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']I wish BB would hurry up and change their prices.. Wipeout 2048 just won't change ANYWHERE. HURRY lol[/QUOTE]

You can price match gamestop @best buy for wipeout. (not sure which other stores have dropped the price)

Use http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/wipeout-2048-ps-vita/91440

to see if a store has it in stock within 25 miles of the Best Buy you want to PM at. Good luck!

If I hadn't spent so much on all the great BB deals lately I would be picking this one up too...I'm sure it will be $10-$15 soon enough though.

[quote name='KemperJones']Wal-Mart had Uncharted: Golden Abyss marked $49.99 and Resistance: Burning Skies at $39.99. I even had them scan R:BS. Still at original MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted: GA is one I'm waiting for, too. Still waiting for BB to update their price so I can use some credit and take advantage of the $10 credit deal with moves/music/games purchase.

Well after both newegg and walmart cancelled my online order for uncharted 3, I decided to try gamestop. But it seemed like none of the stores in my area had a sealed copy (I must have called like 10 stores). Annoyed at this point, I just went to the nearest walmart and luckily they had 3 copies left marked at $19.96. I paid for my game and got the hell out. I really wished I just went to the local walmart in the first place. It would have saved me a whole lot of time. :(

[quote name='RedZeppelin']Uncharted: GA is one I'm waiting for, too. Still waiting for BB to update their price so I can use some credit and take advantage of the $10 credit deal with moves/music/games purchase.[/QUOTE]

Can't you just buy it and PM to Gamestop? Gamestop.com lists it at $39.99 now.

In the store gamestop had these games on a rack and the sign said "sale: get these games while you can before they are gone !" Weird huh. I guess they don't know that these are msrp drops lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']In the store gamestop had these games on a rack and the sign said "sale: get these games while you can before they are gone !" Weird huh. I guess they don't know that these are msrp drops lol[/QUOTE]
IIRC GS is always advertising price drops as being a "sale".

Anyone had any luck at Target? Their website shows the pre-drop prices and you cant pricematch there unless you have the item in a printed sales flyer.

[quote name='Brother Daz']IIRC GS is always advertising price drops as being a "sale".[/QUOTE]

The gamestop I went to yesterday still had the used copy of Wipeout priced at $31.99. They scanned it and it came up right though ($17.99).

Side note: Wow, the loading times are kind of long for this game! At least it has a progress meter to let you know it's working.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainZombie']I found yesterday that bby will price match amazon now if it's not a 3rd party selling.[/QUOTE]

No way you just got lucky!

Went to see if my local Kmart had changed the price on Uncharted 3, but still at $40. Clerk even checked to make sure, shame since I have credit and now a $5 gift card from my purchase today. I guess I will wait and see if they lower the price this upcoming week. Only three copies left so I hope I get a chance to buy one if they do lower the price. Amazon is also an option since they are selling it directly again (not just third party sellers) and with free standard shipping.

bread's done
Back