Soul Calibur IV Deals Thread (Limited Edition has T-shirt!!!)

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
Xbox 360 Exclusive - Yoda
PS3 Exclusive - Darth Vader

Standard Edition - $59.99
512iHK4xcVL._SS400_.jpg
51nh1lyQnOL._SS400_.jpg

Limited Collector's/Premium Edition - $79.99
(Xbox 360 on Left; PS3 on Right)
51Bzer2vmEL._SS400_.jpg
51PQdvRbV1L._SS400_.jpg

LCE/Premium Comes with:
Metal Case
Art book
Tournament bracket card
Soul Calibur T-shirt (XL size)
(Not listed on Amazon, but gamecrazy indicate there will also be some Exclusive Downloadable character costumes and weapons Plus custom comic book)

Release Date: July 29, 2008.

---Deals---

Game Crazy - FREE FacePlate with Pre-order. Yoda(Xbox 360) - http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12870&LF=STL Darth Vader(PS3) http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12871&LF=STL

Best Buy - Preorder & get FREE Calender! (Pics), but it probably doesn't apply to the LCE Edition, I might have to cancel.

Amazon -

Xbox 360 Standard - http://www.amazon.com/Namco-21005-Soul-Calibur-IV/dp/B000ZKDOVW/
Xbox 360 LCE/Premium - http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Calibur-IV-Premium-Edition/dp/B0017U25QY/

PS3 Standard - http://www.amazon.com/Namco-11007-Soul-Calibur-IV/dp/B000ZK7ZMQ/
PS3 LCE/Premium - http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Calibur-IV-Premium-Edition/dp/B0017U08X6/

Gamestop - Pre-Order Soul Calibur IV and receive a Soul Calibur IV key chain free!
506287_bonuslg.jpg

Circuit City - Free mini strategy guide with Pre-order. (http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=215746)

Target - Details not yet.
Wal-mart - Details not yet.

Arcade Stick - Soul Calibur Edition

PS3 http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-F.../dp/B0018OCJ60/ref=acc_glance_vg_ai_828_1_tit

Xbox 360 http://www.amazon.com/Xbox360-Fight..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1213813274&sr=1-2

Strategy Guide Limited Edition $19.79 http://www.amazon.com/SOULCALIBUR-Limited-Guide-Brady-Games/dp/0744010314
832226b.jpg

SOULCALIBUR IV Limited Edition Fighter’s Guide includes the following:
  • Complete walkthrough of the entire game.
  • CHARACTER LISTING: Detailed information on all characters, including Yoda for Xbox 360 and Darth Vader for PlayStation 3, with strategies and movelists.
  • EXPERT TACTICS: Tips on character ranges, attacks, counterattacks, and more!
  • GAME SECRETS: Unlockables revealed!
  • Limited Edition guide provides bonus game soundtrack, foldout, and much more!

I preordered at GameCrazy. No faceplate. They said to expect once the game is released. Considering how small and slow the store is, I think I should be okay. They said I normally have only 48 hours to pick it up, but if I call, they could hold it for a week.

The 'art' preorder bonuses at BB/GR are freaking tiny, though. I guess if you had a lot of them, it could make for a fun display. Not as good as the faceplate or even the keychain, imo.

Ugh, if Blockbuster sold the Limited Edition, that'd make this an easy decision. I'd much rather take the art over a stupid keychain.

I might have to pick up an arcade stick for my 360... not incredibly sexy but it looks like it will get the job done. Price isn't terrible, either.

Actually, to the person who mentioned that no one pre-orders from BBV, my local BBV gave away the art with pre orders and is hosting a GH:A tournament for those who pre ordered. I am one of 16 people taking part in the tournament. If 16 people pre ordered at one BBV, multiply that by 6000 stores nationwide.

Well I guess the Blockbuster I work at just sucks ass. Most of the game preorders we are pushed to sell come from other employees because people don't come to Blockbuster to buy games, let alone preorder them. Their advertisement is horrible, most people still don't even know they really sell games (outside of preowned games) and hardware at a larger scale than the used to, but the selection is still pretty weak.

Still hoping for Walmart to announce something special too. I still have my $100 gift card from buying my PS3 MGS4 Bundle there on release day. The calendar looks pretty nice from BB.

[quote name='micro44']Still hoping for Walmart to announce something special too. I still have my $100 gift card from buying my PS3 MGS4 Bundle there on release day. The calendar looks pretty nice from BB.[/quote]

Or use it to buy some of the PS3 Greatest Hits when they are dropped in price the same week. You could get Warhawk, Motorstorm, and Resistance with that card.

So am I correct in concluding that it doesn't look like any of the typical B&M stores will carry the LE version, or am I missing something?

Whoa, the gamecrazy site now has 2 different faceplates on it for the 360 one. My girlfriend is going to make me get the blue one if it's there. And I was looking forward to a Yoda plate...

The Siegfried Calibur faceplate looks much better than the Yoda one. I almost wish there was a gamecrazy closer to home.

And SlaughterX: Nice GTA license plate. I have the N1K0 plate.

I called Gamecrazy, they said they'll get them in same day as game, but it's an accessory, not a bonus? As in anyone can buy it, but no one gets for free.
lol yet 2 weeks ago some guy said different, and when I was THERE to preorder it there was a ad on the wall saying free faceplate with preorder.

I'm assuming this guy is wrong, or they changed it last minute.

All he said was "we have another bonus item"
I didnt bother to ask what, I figured if he knew he wouldve said it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick this up but can anyone convince me to get the LE?

I usually love LEs and buy them on principle but this one just seems so thrown together its hard for me to rationalize it.

Unless this one off Gamecrazy gets some faceplates, I'll most likely hold off on getting this LE.

As for the thrown together comment, you should see the Disgaea 3 bundles.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick this up but can anyone convince me to get the LE?

I usually love LEs and buy them on principle but this one just seems so thrown together its hard for me to rationalize it.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure this game will be a deal of the day on Amazon within a few months of it's release. I'll pick up the LE then...

The new faceplate looks pretty cool. I think it would be better for me to get that one if I had a choice since my box is not upright....

I want the blue one now too, even though the green would probably look better with the Xbox and I already have 3 blue face plates (all from Namco).

[quote name='davyd']Whoa, the gamecrazy site now has 2 different faceplates on it for the 360 one. My girlfriend is going to make me get the blue one if it's there. And I was looking forward to a Yoda plate...[/quote]

Of course you could always just tell her that when you went to pick it up, they didn't have any of the blue ones...;)

I've clipped this bit of image from an e-mail Amazon.com sent out this morning.

ps3amazon01.jpg

The title of the e-mail (for anyone skeptical) is "This Week's Blu-ray New Releases--at Least 30% Off--and PS3 Game Releases at Amazon.com" I'd appreciate it if someone else can confirm receipt of the e-mail.

Actually clicking the link, however, shows the game for full price. For those of us who haven't pre-ordered, this may be the one to look out for.

[quote name='bjkrautk']I've clipped this bit of image from an e-mail Amazon.com sent out this morning.

ps3amazon01.jpg

The title of the e-mail (for anyone skeptical) is "This Week's Blu-ray New Releases--at Least 30% Off--and PS3 Game Releases at Amazon.com" I'd appreciate it if someone else can confirm receipt of the e-mail.

Actually clicking the link, however, shows the game for full price. For those of us who haven't pre-ordered, this may be the one to look out for.[/quote]

I got this email as well. I was crushed to find it at full price when i clicked through. I didnt plan on getting the ps3 version, but would jump on it at that price.

Does the email specifically speak of pre-orders? Or specifically mention Soul Calibur 4? Anyone mind providing a link/screenshot of the email? I have mine pre-ordered at Gamestop, but if this is a real deal, then I'd cancel that in a heartbeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the amazon email too, I'm assuming it's a error but I'm going to keeping checking the price on the site itself in case it changes to the email price.

Are there any details on this for those of us without the email? Is it on both Limited and Standard? Is it 30% off? Is there a timeframe?

It doesn't say anything about pre-orders, and I think the screencap for SC IV pretty much speaks for itself. I sent an e-mail to Amazon.com using the reference number at the bottom of the e-mail (9871550), so I'll let you know if I hear anything. (I actually asked about the Madden '09 CE as well, but I'm not holding my breath.)

The fine print on the e-mail:
Please note that product prices and availability are limited time offers and are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this newsletter was sent; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit Amazon.com.

I doubt they'll be honoring this one, but it's odd that they even put it out there.

I did a pre-purchase on a LE copy from Gamestop. They had a 20% trade bump toward this game and I have an Edge card, plus I had a bunch of games to get rid of, so I figured not getting a new 360 face is no big deal.

I don't know if its been mentioned, but on the Best Buy website it lists the collectors edition as $69.99, $10 less than everywhere else. You can't order it though, so I'm wondering if its just a mistake and will be corrected.

Does anyone have any links to any information on the exclusive create-a-character stuff with the premium edition? Will that be downloadable later on if you just buy the normal edition? Thanks!

I went ahead and preordered a copy of the LE at GameCrazy yesterday. They will be getting a limited amount of face paltes (not enough to cover preorders I'm sure), but they said they would hold one for me... I'm not holding my breath. I think this will be the last tiem I preorder anything from them because they just can't seem to get enough of their bonuses for all the people who preorder, which defeats the whole purpose...

[quote name='HockeyDOg3133']....mmmm the ps3 limited version is sold out on amazon[/QUOTE]

I think it has more to do with the pricing error in an email they sent out a couple days ago. MANY people were trying to get the game for $40 off when they knew it was a price error. Amazon got flooded with calls and emails about it and probably took the game off the site temporarily for this reason. Thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191413&page=22

[quote name='addicted2games']I think it has more to do with the pricing error in an email they sent out a couple days ago. MANY people were trying to get the game for $40 off when they knew it was a price error. Amazon got flooded with calls and emails about it and probably took the game off the site temporarily for this reason. Thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191413&page=22[/quote]

Ic, I wonder when they ll have it back up.

Just a slight bump...

This is my first time preordering from GameCrazy. Any idea when they get their shipments in? I have a flight to catch Tuesday afternoon, so I'm guessing I won't be able to pick up my order before then.

^Well Tuesday is actually a street date so a lot of stores already have it in the backroom and just not selling it till Tuesday. So good chance you might be able to pick it up in the morning.

I got my call from GC. They will be there Tues morning. They are having a promotion - extra 20% trade in credit towards SC IV purchase.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Does anyone have any links to any information on the exclusive create-a-character stuff with the premium edition? Will that be downloadable later on if you just buy the normal edition? Thanks![/QUOTE]

wait, create-a-character is only in the premium edition???

bread's done
Back