Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
does the Enhanced Edition Director's Cut (what a mouthful) for The Witcher contain all the extra content related to the game? I am gonna buy it if it does, please let me know, thanks!

[quote name='lito88']Tempted by Neverwinter Nights 2. Worth it for $10? How about sacred 2?[/QUOTE]

I wish I could get over the camera in Neverwinter Nights 2 as I really liked the game. I'm really enjoying Sacred 2, it's a great deal for $10

[quote name='diishen']does the Enhanced Edition Director's Cut (what a mouthful) for The Witcher contain all the extra content related to the game? I am gonna buy it if it does, please let me know, thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes

[youtube]d32W7QW3k6Q[/youtube][youtube]D-OzdlA90xk[/youtube]

Steam Games on Sale - Updated 3/21

[youtube]l542tam3R_Y[/youtube][youtube]iTZHURNdy3c[/youtube]

DLC on Sale - Updated 3/21

I just got Sacred 2 + Divnity II for $11 n change off Impulse. If that deal is still going, I suggest that if you are interested in Sacred 2.

Edit: NVM that deal is dead now. Was awesome, though. Bought it for Divinity II as it's the cheapest I have ever seen. Sacred 2 is just a bonus... whopping 12GB Bonus. What is it, massive download sale day on Steam? XD

I just bought the witcher enhanced from retail and it was like 19 and I highly recommend it. The combat thus far is a tad simplified but the story is superb already and there are so many quests to partake in.

Just an FYI, for those that bought the Humble Indie Bundle #2 at XMas, Revenge of the Titans is a free download if you've already activated the bundle with Steam.

EDIT: Didn't see this already posted on the previous page (got all happy to see RotT in my queue when I was downloading Sacred 2)

Also, thoughts on Hoard?

[quote name='Starky27']

Also, thoughts on Hoard?[/QUOTE]

Seems a lot of people are "for it", particulary the Hoard.

... I'll just let myself out.

[quote name='TheKbob']Seems a lot of people are "for it", particulary the Hoard.

... I'll just let myself out.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for that :D Seriously though Hoard is pretty amazing. If you own a ps3 there's a demo available on there I don't know if they're releasing a pc demo or not. Unfortunately the ps3 version has no online community so I'm excited about a pc release and it's half the price of what the ps3 version cost day 1.

[quote name='Starky27']Also, thoughts on Hoard?[/QUOTE]

It's my absolute favorite up-till-now-PS3-exclusive game, bar-none. It's insanely, insanely fun.

Buy the hell out of it.

[quote name='dfg']Anyone know if it's likely for the 3rd official expansion to NWN2 to make it to Steam?[/QUOTE]

Well considering the fact that there is no 3rd official expansion I am kind of doubting it. I am guessing you are thinking Mysteries of Westgate is the 3rd expansion, but they even labeled it as a premium module and not a full blow expansion.

And to be honest I don't even really know where it sells, besides the Atari site.

isnt Hoard out already? i see it in the coming soon section on steam, but it doesnt give a release date and looks to be already released.

$7.50 price point again? While the game is awesome (played on 360) and is worth that price for somebody who hasn't played it before, I'm holding out for a $5 or less deal myself.

Anyone know when The Witcher sale expires? I'm still on the fence about getting it, especially with Witcher 2 coming out in a few months.

[quote name='cheapo72']75% off all Gothic games & Forsaken Gods has been added to the store.

The 1-4 Pack runs $18.75.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I actually enjoyed ArcaniA - Gothic 4, when I got it from Gamefly...

Yes, I do know I'm in the minority. >_>

[quote name='2000man']Has anybody played Batman with a keyboard and mouse?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's how I played it, and I actually preferred it that way to a controller. Most 3rd person action games work better with a controller, but AA just felt right with keyboard and mouse.

i played batman with keyboard and mouse as well and didnt find any problems with it. i havent tried it with a controller, but i feel like it wouldve been easier to control with the mouse and keyboard. this is probably because im accustomed to pc games in general, so i lean towards using the mouse+keyboard. i think the only game i encountered so far where i NEEDED to use a controller was devil may cry 4. also, resident evil 4.

ALSO, the UK steam store has batman for 3.75 gbp, which converts to $6.14.

[quote name='JakeNome']isnt Hoard out already? i see it in the coming soon section on steam, but it doesnt give a release date and looks to be already released.[/QUOTE]

No, it launches on PC and Mac on April 4th. It's been out on PS3 for a few months, though. Maybe that's what what you're thinking of?

I've played Batman twice with a controller (on the 360) and then twice with keyboard and mouse when I got it on pc. I would also say go with KB/M...having that quick, accurate camera control is very useful during a fight.

Edit: And to anyone who hasn't played this game yet, get it! It's just so damn good.

Anyone recommend Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition? I already have Gothic 3 and 2 from an earlier sale and enjoyed both with the few hours I've put into them.

Well the Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition just got put up today in the store and patched three days ago but from what I hear every problem people had with the game has been fixed and the graphics were improved beyond what any of the games look like so far.

[quote name='lito88']is gothic 4 worth the 12.50 in the complete pack?[/QUOTE]

There is a demo.

It feels like Demon's Souls, but in a completely "baby's first RPG" way. It has the same combat visually, but not in style, weight, or difficulty.

Oh and it's one big fetch quest governed by some of the worst voice acted NPCs I have seen. I enjoyed Two Worlds and loved the cheeseball VA in that game, but this? Whoa, super awful.

I had fun putting arrows in dudes face. If it was $2.50, I'd continue that fun. $12.50? I'd pass. Try the demo and see.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Is Batman deal only for today or for the week or what? 7.50 for the game of the year edition sounds too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]

Well it says on the main page of Steam:

"Midweek Madness
Critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum returns with this remastered GOTY Edition.

Offer Ends Thursday at 4pm Pacific Time."

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back