Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Muhahahaha, this is going exactly to plan. Err ... I mean ... is HuniePop your suggestion? I might get sued.
If you're that worried about it just call it HunnyBurst.

It works for people wanting to get around the King.com crap.

I'm curious what program HitlerCat used to mix + create that.
I'm going to assume it's Stagelight. It was in a Groupees bundle. I have it as well. I messed around in it a bit. If I decide to seriously try my hand at making some music I will consider posting some here for you all to enjoy ridicule.

Last edited:
Nope. :nottalking:

r9b78uj.png
City of Heroes...those were the days. I used to play that on my poor man's 28.8 back when I first got married.

I'm curious what program HitlerCat used to mix + create that.
I used EJay Virtual Music Studio for that one, I bought it when it was on sale a while back on GamersGate for $8.

They also sell Ejay 7, which I also use and is almost as good. When it's on sale it's like $3.

Look out for a Strategy First sale on GG if you want to pick up a copy.

I don't understand. Why would anyone remove games from their Steam account or any other game-client account?

Is this a "too many games" digitally-owned thing? Hell, is there such a thing?

I just use the search function (Control+F) - and I can find the Steam games I want. It's as simple as that.

I don't care if it's the crappiest game ever, buggiest game ever made, runs like garbage, or whatever - If I got my hands on it, it's mine.

Don't care if I paid for it, Spoder'd a key, traded keys, whatever - if I got my hands on it, it's mine.

If I invested $ in it - I'm very likely not returning it, refunding it, or anything of that sort.

I made the decision - good, mediocre, or bad; I'll live with it.

That's even more so true if I paid for it. And especially even more so true, if I spent good $ on it (i.e. I spent more than I'd normally spend on a game).

I'd rather keep a game and move it to a "Hide Game" section like Origin does. Heck, does Steam even have such a function for a game?
Goddamn MysterD, you sure know a lot of ways to say the same thing.

And I could kind of understand caring about what games you have in your account back when I only had around 250 and took some pride in scrolling through them all in grid view.  Then I became a Playfire and card whore, and now, almost a thousand games later, the idea of some kind of quality control is long gone.  Now categories are king.

Derek Smart just re-master his game and release it for free on Steam

http://www.pcgamer.com/universal-combat-ce-remastered-and-released-for-free-on-steam/
Actually, it looks like Universal Combat CE is on Steam to promote an upcoming remaster, Universal Combat Advanced:

And since the graphics are now showing their age, we are in the process of doing another refresh of this game which will be released later this year as Universal Combat Advanced. It will also be available on Steam.

Retaining all the existing gameplay features*, this advanced version will be a complete graphics (space and planetary) engine overhaul, an upgrade of the entire 3D model (ships, stations, planet bases, character models, weapons etc) and arts assets using the more advanced ones from our recent Line Of Defense MMO game (also available here on Steam) as well as upgraded versions of all special effects, audio and other similar game assets. It will also contain a new 32 mission campaign scenario playable with any of the capital ships in the game.
It also means we get to see threads of Mr. Smart telling us why every negative comment about his game is wrong, like this one. He moderates his forums with an iron fist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Homefront.  All 3 hours of it.  I can't imagine how ticked off somebody was after such a short and abrubt storyline if they had paid full price for that game.

I know it had some sort of multiplayer aspect as well, but I can't comment on the quality of that since i'm not into multiplayer FPS games.

Actually, it looks like Universal Combat CE is on Steam to promote an upcoming remaster, Universal Combat Advanced:

It also means we get to see threads of Mr. Smart telling us why every negative comment about his game is wrong, like this one. He moderates his forums with an iron fist.
Yep. If you hadn't I was going to point out that he's the single biggest asshat developer I've ever come across, and I've come across a lot of them. I added it because free but he won't get any of my money if I can help it.

If you ever want a good laugh though, go read some of his posts. You'll probably be stuck with just his because any dissent gets nearly immediately squashed, but he's a fascist narcissist with delusions of grandeur so he's posts alone are entertainment.

Clearly he knows best.

For as long as I've been doing these games, I've been pretty much learned to ignore it all, because if I don't make a game for a certain group of people, whatever they have to say is largely irrelevant and is of no consequence.
I suppose "gamers" is one of those groups he doesn't make the game for,

it's gamersgate store, its their policy
Sorta kinda sorta, but Aliens!

It seems to be a Gamersgate policy to go with a non-Steam version if one exists (with some rare exeptions like Morrowind and Oblivion) but the publisher can also choose to go Steamworks for their DRM or to do their own account thing like Telltale is doing, or if they really have their heads up their ass they can put some archaic last century crap on it like Securom or Tages, or if it's an old game just be lazy and not remove that crap.

Gamersgate will probably prefer non-Steam if it's a choice, but it's the publisher's choice to not go with Steamworks DRM everywhere in the first place.

There's lots of reasons for publishers to choose Steamworks, it shifts a lot of burden off of them and even pubs like like Stardock who don't like it begrudgingly do it and grumble about it. But Telltale thinks they are big enough at this point to make people come to them. They're not exactly EA or Ubisoft, but apparently they think they can get away with it. There was a point where they were doing Steamworks everywhere, like during Walking Dead Season 1, but after that became a huge hit they got a little big for their britches.

For as long as I've been doing these games, I've been pretty much learned to ignore it all, because if I don't make a game for a certain group of people, whatever they have to say is largely irrelevant and is of no consequence.
Clearly he knows best.

I suppose "gamers" is one of those groups he doesn't make the game for,
It's funny that he says that because he's many things, but good at ignoring negative feedback is not one of them.

It's funny that he says that because he's many things, but good at ignoring negative feedback is not one of them.
He's much better at ignoring than you. When he ignores something.... he makes everyone ignore it (by wiping it from existence).

Yep. If you hadn't I was going to point out that he's the single biggest asshat developer I've ever come across, and I've come across a lot of them. I added it because free but he won't get any of my money if I can help it.

If you ever want a good laugh though, go read some of his posts. You'll probably be stuck with just his because any dissent gets nearly immediately squashed, but he's a fascist narcissist with delusions of grandeur so he's posts alone are entertainment.
No, no. Don't read his posts on forums where he has moderator abilities and can delete posts. Read some of his classic material on usenet (archived via google groups.) He's got a good decade plus of hits there.

No, no. Don't read his posts on forums where he has moderator abilities and can delete posts. Read some of his classic material on usenet (archived via google groups.) He's got a good decade plus of hits there.
Point taken. Reading posts from him on Steam is a bit like Clint Eastwood and the chair.

Still, he manages to stick his foot in his mouth quite well all on his own and there's some good material there as well. I mean where else can you get lectured on how you need to read a 93 page manual and a 97 page tutorial (seriously, not making this up) without alt tabing out (apparently it breaks the game or something, but he's playing it off like it's intentional) or you're doing it wrong?

is "Smart" really his last name or just a pseudonymn?

I wrote a big preview/review of Road Redemption, the Steam early access motorcycle combat racer based on Road Rash. Please check it out!
I put that one on my wishlist a while back. Your preview seems to confirm what I suspected... that it's a successor to Road Rage and it has a few rough edges. It's good to hear that it is also fun.

I'm keeping it on the wishlist, but I'll definitely be looking for a sale or bundle before I buy.

Nice review and interview. I picked this up back in December and can't wait to make time to play it.
Thanks man! At least with Early Access games, the longer you wait, the better the game should be by the time you get around to trying it out. But yeah, it's plenty of fun already (except for the rooftop races).

Thanks man! At least with Early Access games, the longer you wait, the better the game should be by the time you get around to trying it out. But yeah, it's plenty of fun already (except for the rooftop races).
I was hoping they would've patched those out or at least give us an option to disable them. Nothing pisses me off more than being 1st and getting randomly sling-shotted off the top of a building.

Anybody in here want Interstellar Marines, Ironclad Tactics or Aerena? I think the Aerena gift is like, a founder's pack or something with special stuff in it but I can't tell.

Most of you probably have the first and third ones in that list, but Ironclad Tactics probably not. That game is really cool, so hopefully someone who thinks it looks like they might actually play it claims it.

Anybody in here want Interstellar Marines, Ironclad Tactics or Aerena? I think the Aerena gift is like, a founder's pack or something with special stuff in it but I can't tell.

Most of you probably have the first and third ones in that list, but Ironclad Tactics probably not. That game is really cool, so hopefully someone who thinks it looks like they might actually play it claims it.
Hmm, I wouldn't mind taking Iornclad. I'm usually down to play most strategy games.

10% off your next order*: 10AN-SALE-FEB2015 (Expires ???)
*Excludes: Battlefield Hardline, Evolve and GTA V

75% off KILLER IS DEAD - Nightmare Edition (Steam) - $5.00

The discount coupon has changed. 10% instead 15% off and also the name varies a little.
I guess it's their 10th anniversary, hence the 10%.

There's a few other things on sale too. Mostly meh, but the Dragon Age (not) Complete Pack has Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition and Dragon Age 2 for $9 after coupon isn't terrible if you don't mind Origin and haven't gotten them the 800,000 other times they've been on sale.

10% off your next order*: 10AN-SALE-FEB2015 (Expires ???)

75% off KILLER IS DEAD - Nightmare Edition (Steam) - $5.00

The discount coupon has changed. 10% instead 15% off and also the name varies a little.
This looks like the cheapest this has been, according to ITAD:

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=killerisdeadnightmareedition

Of course, figures GG would cancel their 15% off coupon (that doesn't work, just tried it) + instead throw out at 10% coupon (well, that one works) when they throw out one of their best sales in a while.

Regardless - consider me in.

This looks like the cheapest this has been, according to ITAD:
http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=killerisdeadnightmareedition

Of course, figures GG would cancel their 15% off coupon + instead throw out at 10% coupon when they throw out one of their best sales in a while.
I don't know since I couldn't checked it by myself, but I guess the coupon could have worked before the official GG daily deals change.

So maybe, since today they changed those deals like 20-30m before the time limit, it might have worked the 15% off coupon.

All assumptions of course.

bread's done
Back