Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Argh, I just realized I gilby'd Space Run. Oh well. I guess I can wait for it to be in the BTA tier in the next Humble bundle on the 17th.  :D/

Total and complete speculation... unless I'm right and then I'll deny I ever wrote this. Quotes be damned.

7ByN93K.png
Laser Scanned Nordschliefe. :drool: You wouldn't understand. You can rent time/training on Nordschliefe... I know the costs and I would like to do it when I get the chance.

An extremely accurate recreation in a high fidelity simulator for $10... :drool: Give me moar. (And it also includes 10 new cars... which are well modeled, not mere skins.)

This is however a first for me, pre-ordering DLC (outside of a season pass).

So Corona Motorsport is (supposedly) going live Monday. You all did the keys for votes thing, right? Right.

[customspoiler=Here is a sneak preview image from the Steam store page]
9BFPC7l.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Also, it's always a good sign to read something like this:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/coronams#announcements/detail/248034336425297680

He's releasing his game any day now but he urgently needs a 3D modeler and hey he's even willing to pay you for your work at this point.

It's also good that he is being paranoid about pesky things like licensing by taking the proactive steps of using licensed content but removing the logos. Because that makes it completely okay and that won't end badly at all.
Backstory...

Luke tried to hold a 3D modeling contest, the winners would get their models featured in Corona -- for free. Apparently now he's willing to pay. I wonder if 3D modelers for other games get paid...

I love that post you copied. I'd also note that he's using the Unity engine which has a sizable game assets market. (Think Etsy for game assets.)

I sooo want my stupid key for that idiot kids drive in circles car game so I can drop from that train wreck of a group. These +1's are becoming way too much work and stress to endure simply to stay ahead of Drabe (especially now that's he's whored himself out as a "reviewer").

So off topic, but we occasionally discuss hardware here, and I've been looking for some new HDDs for a while. I want a new internal drive for my laptop, and a large external drive for general storage. I was thinking of trying to hook the external up to my router so I can access it wirelessly, so if anybody has any tips on how to do that, it'd be appreciated. I run both Mac and Windows, so I don't know if I'd need to partition the external or what.

At the moment, I'm sort of considering these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145881
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822165570

I'm basically a total n00b on the hardware front, so I have no idea if these are actually all that good. Reviews generally seem okay, and the prices are pretty decent with the sales NewEgg's running this weekend, but otherwise I'm essentially in the dark. Halp?

Apparently I missed a page when catching us this morning, so these are out of order.

Aww man, I just fakeybro'ed Coffin Dodgers twice over too. At least it was with Fake Gabebux though. Edit: Okay I did get it on Steam with the 35% off 'introductory discount' just not with a 23% voucher on top so only a few dollars difference, but still.

Fun quirky game but it will really shine in multiplayer I think, just be aware that's not in yet but coming Soon™. Edit2: I guess they just added local co-op with split-screen which doesn't help if you want to run a fellow CAG down with your mobility scooter, but it's something.

Also, really Big Fish? You celebrate Women's equality by giving them BOGO on deluxe edition Hidden Object games?
Coffin Dodgers is surprisingly solid (and stable/bugfree) so far. It starts with the core mechanics of a kart racer, but then really distinguishes it's self by being very crazy-turny (like a crazy mouse rollercoaster). The old people and mobility scooter theming is is entertaining as well.

I know that the overwhelming majority of this thread won't give a fuck, but Nürburgring is finally arriving for Assetto Corsa on March 11th :D/

...as paid DLC :headache:

33% off if you...preorder DLC. Which i'm going to do. Damnit.
Pfft, I pre-ordered that almost 37 hours ago. And yay, I'll no longer be alone in doing so.

GTFO.

And Skitty too because I know she'll fall for it.
Already did. :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
So off topic, but we occasionally discuss hardware here, and I've been looking for some new HDDs for a while. I want a new internal drive for my laptop, and a large external drive for general storage. I was thinking of trying to hook the external up to my router so I can access it wirelessly, so if anybody has any tips on how to do that, it'd be appreciated. I run both Mac and Windows, so I don't know if I'd need to partition the external or what.

At the moment, I'm sort of considering these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145881
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822165570

I'm basically a total n00b on the hardware front, so I have no idea if these are actually all that good. Reviews generally seem okay, and the prices are pretty decent with the sales NewEgg's running this weekend, but otherwise I'm essentially in the dark. Halp?
HGST and Buffalo are awful brands, near the very bottom. I've had dozens of HGST HDD fail over the years and of the 3 Buffalo devices I've ever had the displeasure to work with, all of them broke. If you don't want an SSD (you can get a very nice Samsung EVO or a cheaper Crucial if you must), I'd stick with Western Digital brand drives only. I've been using all sorts of HDD for decades both at work and home and I'd the fewest failures with WD, hands down.

I have had issues with Hitachi 2.5" drives, though only the IBM branded Travelstars of the late 90's. I don't think I've had any other 2.5" drive failures, ever. I still have a 10GB Travelstar that sounds like shit, but still works. And opposite to Brut, I've had the best experience with HGST 3.5" drives and almost the worst with WD (Blacks and Greens). WD RE drives are top notch, however. Seagate takes my bottom of the barrel vote. And yeah, Buffalo is not recommended in my book. Get an SSD for speed and convenience and a NAS for simplicity and expandability.

I really wasn't sure about SteamOS but Magicka 2? Wow, now I'm sold.

8N6Nzic.png

I really wish Enhanced Steam or something could hide these damned SteamOS banners. IDGAF about Gabe's little niche pet project because he got all Chicken Little about Microsoft making an app store for PC that nobody uses anyway.

I'm over it. Show me the damned Windows games or GTFO.

Dammit! Who told him common sense before we got our damned keys!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/coronams#announcements/detail/248034336427950864

Major copyright concerns brought to my attention
MARCH 7 - LUKE

Ok, this announcement is very serious. I have spoken to an actual lawyer and not one still in law school. I need to slightly modify the designs of the cars. Changing logos isn't enough apparently. It sickens me to do this, but we are delaying the game ONE LAST TIME to this Friday the 13th. I want to release this Monday but I'll be under heavy fire if I do. Please guys find it in your hearts to forgive me for this delay. I should have found this out sooner. I repeat that this is the last delay GUARANTEED. I have a 3d modeler helping me out with the car designs and I'm redoing some of the tracks. Thank you for your support. I honestly think its better to delay a few days than to release Monday and be sued.

Luke Japaridze
LucasGame
I'm glad the lawyer he spoke to was not one still in law school. What a relief.

*Edit:
QLhW1fU.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/coronams#announcements/detail/248034336427978180

GOOD NEWS REGARDING KEYS!
MARCH 7 - TELEPHONETRICKSTER

It's probably been a while since you've heard about the keys for this game, so I have decided to write an update about them!

To make up for the delay, we have made the decision to hand out keys most likely on Monday or Tuesday, though we strongly recommend you do not record any footage of it until it's official release due to the copyright concerns.
Be aware that once it's out, you will see a lot of things missing or low quality because Luke was in the process of fixing the copyright issues in those areas.

Thank you for always supporting us and being there when we needed your help and understanding! We wouldn't have made it this far without you guys!
Just don't upload any footage to Youtube so he doesn't get sued, okay?

Seriously, everyone just STFU and don't give him any good advice until we get our keys. :boxing:

*Edit2: From the comments; glad to see he and the guy he's working with have such good coordination.

Luke
comment_modindicator_officer.png
Just now
it will NOT BE PLAYABLE untill friday the 13th but you will have a key

TelephoneTrickster
comment_modindicator_moderator.png
Just now
@bbankrablo It will be playable, but maybe not fun. We had to hold back races because of some major issues with the AI. Stuff like them flying off the track and colliding INTO other cars. You can still preview the maps and drive around, though.

It's apparently that price at Best Buy as well for boxed just in case MysterD was considering it.

Actually this Amazon price is probably just a robo PM to Best Buy.

*Edit: Oh the Amazon one is physical too. How quaint. Well MysterD has two options now. :p

Oh school Hard Drives are so passé

2SolidState4U
See, I'm less of a CheapAssGamer than I am a PoorAssGamer, and SSDs are ridiculously pricy for my budget in the sizes I want. I need at least a terabyte internal, though I'd prefer two. I don't think they even make 2TB 2.5" SSDs yet, do they?

Re: WD
Yeah, WD's my first choice in general, but I've been putting this off for a while and have gilby'd every sale on them due to general dithering. Guess I'll keep waiting for another. Any particular series or models I should be looking at or steering away from? For externals, the "My Books" seem to be the commonly available option.

I'm no hardware expert but I've heard that you want to stay away from the WD Greens for gaming purposes as they run slower (part of their "eco-friendliness") and stick to the Blue or Blacks.

See, I'm less of a CheapAssGamer than I am a PoorAssGamer, and SSDs are ridiculously pricy for my budget in the sizes I want. I need at least a terabyte internal, though I'd prefer two. I don't think they even make 2TB 2.5" SSDs yet, do they?
Yep.

But at that price I'd rather buy 37 2 TB drives. In a row, of course.

I really wish Enhanced Steam or something could hide these damned SteamOS banners.
This filter in adblock is what I'm using, it works well enough aside from leaving the image behind the carousel :

store.steampowered.com##A[href="[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/sale/steamos_sale?snr=1_4_4__118"]http://store.steampowered.com/sale/steamos_sale?snr=1_4_4__118[/URL]"]

Yep.

But at that price I'd rather buy 37 2 TB drives. In a row, of course.
Well I bought a 1TB SSD and while it wasn't dirt cheap it wasn't quite that much.

I went from a 2TB old style HD to a 1TB SSD with this new computer. I'm fine with the speed for space trade off. It just means I install only games I pretend I will actually play but don't install of installing all the games I'll never actually play.

Yeah, I ain't buying it either, but I thought it was worth mentioning for the newer folks who don't have any of them.

Also, if we only posted good deals/bundles we wouldn't really have much to post.
Good deals to veteren CAGs are different from good deals for most people.

This filter in adblock is what I'm using, it works well enough aside from leaving the image behind the carousel :

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/steamos_sale?snr=1_4_4__118
[customspoiler=Woohoo it works!]
ayOr1YN.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I actually managed to get rid of the image behind the carousel too but right clicking on the page and selecting "block an ad on this page" then playing around with it until I selected the background and it went away.

I can make a pot of water burn!
Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, I got hungry, started heating a pot of water, went back to the game, just one more turn, just one more turn, just one more wtf is that smell? Awwww shit, the pot is smoking! Oops, boiled away all the water and ruined the pot. Which really sucked cause I was broke as fuck living in a studio and that was my first and only cooking pot at the time. :\

I'm in a mood. I'm not sure what kind of mood it is yet, but I'll let you know.

Signing off. . . back to post-apocalyptic Arizona.
The correct answer turned out to be depressed.

I didn't want to keep anyone in suspense.

I know that the overwhelming majority of this thread won't give a fuck, but Nürburgring is finally arriving for Assetto Corsa on March 11th :D/

...as paid DLC :headache:

33% off if you...preorder DLC. Which i'm going to do. Damnit.
The only reason I even know the word "Nurburgring" is that my wife is obsessed with Top Gear (the British one, not the other odd knockoffs). She's even started collecting 1:18 and 1:24 models of cars that it would take me literally 20 or 30 years' salary to buy.

Has anyone here ever smoked a big ole bowl of dirty herb and played some Watch Dogs, but stopped after about an hour because you got paranoid that people were looking at nudes of you online, so you quit to thoroughly search and see if said nudes were actually on the web?

It's been a strange evening.

Has anyone here ever smoked a big ole bowl of dirty herb and played some Watch Dogs, but stopped after about an hour because you got paranoid that people were looking at nudes of you online, so you quit to thoroughly search and see if said nudes were actually on the web?

CAG's search function isn't that reliable tbh. Probably in one of the old Steam threads.

Did you try replacing letters in your name with similar looking numbers when you were searching? Sometimes pirates will do that to make the files harder for content owners to find.

Couple of random things.

Pixelland 2 on Desura is temporarily free until the 11th. Obvious Minecraft ripoff is obvious, but you might as well take a half second to click add to collection just in case they decide to put it on Greenlight someday and it gets in and they give Steam keys. Gotta Catch 'Em All yadda yadda.

Battlefield 4 is $5.99 at Best Buy right now including the PC version. Figured I'd mention it just in case there's someone left who still doesn't have it yet and actually wants it and doesn't mind dragging their ass out to Best Buy for an Origin key packaged in a bunch of environmentally unfriendly plastic and paper that they had to burn fossil fuels to get to the store to buy.

Dude, you have to clean off parsley before you use it. You probably inhaled pesticides.

Reddit is trying to figure out how to handle sales like the GOG Insomnia one as well as Amazon in the post-Tony era with no notification or communication with regard to what's going to be on sale.

Personally, I think a forum thread like this site (and most normal not stuck in the 90s sites) is better suited to such a rapid fire sale like the GOG one. As for Amazon, eh. I don't think their deals are that great lately, usually just price matches. But I guess for them if they are paying You-Know-Where pricing and McDonald's in Oregoning Amazon then that probably comes out to a better price for them.

bread's done
Back