Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm looking at potentially upgrading my RAM. Its not a necessary upgrade, so just doing some browsing. Any suggestions for the best place to get it at the best price? Or any deals going on? TIA.
I used Newegg and never had a problem. You could also get it from Amazon. Although I would recommend waiting till around Black Friday, see if Newegg has any deals. Sometimes they will throw a stick or two up on a deal.

I can't tell you what RAM to buy but I either would use Newegg or Amazon (if it's sold from Amazon).

I used Newegg and never had a problem. You could also get it from Amazon. Although I would recommend waiting till around Black Friday, see if Newegg has any deals. Sometimes they will throw a stick or two up on a deal.

I can't tell you what RAM to buy but I either would use Newegg or Amazon (if it's sold from Amazon).
Yea, those were the main places Ive looked already. Thanks for the reply. Will almost assuredly be waiting til around BF if I decide to do it.

bla bla bla some salty people don't want to hear it anymore
TOUGH SHIT!
Re: Darksiders Deathinitive Edition upgrade for people who own the old version but didn't buy the 'special' (ie Nordic) package

Jesus H Christ getting straight answers out of this guy is worse than pulling teeth.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/388410/discussions/0/496880503073517814/
Viking said:
Hello. I hope someone from Nordic Games will read this as I personally think it's a valid question at this point.

As for everyone else: Please try and remain calm - This whole thing has become so scary and toxic that there really is no justification for the comments and allegations levelled at Nordic Games, so let's just put down the scythes for a minute and be civil about this.

Now: Dear Nordic Games, you previously said (When you asked for us to stop sending mails to Support) that you were working on a solution to this issue. Is this still true? Will owners of Darksiders 2 and all of it's DLC be able to obtain a free upgrade at some point, or is the only solution for us at this point to buy it?
MegalomaniacNG said:
Its weekend so its hard to get a lot of movements on things that require input from externals.
However - we are focusing on improving the game as you can see here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/388410/discussions/0/496880503074695636/
Star said:
Im sorry to ask but uhm mail box check time ? :)
we sent mail to you as you requested. any ideas what going on now would be nice?
MegalomaniacNG said:
Thats in our support queue and we will work on that.
robomagon said:
Just to be perfectly clear, you're referring to the proof of purchase support emails, correct? Not some other support emails like bug reports or something?
MegalomaniacNG said:
DarkChaplain said:
For those of us on the edge and just waiting for a reply either way on those emails, can you tell us if the people who emailed in proof of owning the game + dlc are going to receive a Steam key for the Deathinitive Edition, then (given that the proof is sufficient and conclusive)? I can understand if you are not in the position to give a clear answer on this one just yet, though - but if you can't, please tell us that at least.

And would it be possible for you to change the loyalty discount of 80% to last another week, to give people time to wait for your email replies and the next patch (which seems to be in the works already)?
K-Boom said:
Thanks.

Would love a sticky/announcement though :p
nbajammer said:
But from what I've read, they cut off the chance for anyone to e-mail support with proof of purchase, be it all at once or spread over time. That means there will still be people who have paid for the equivalent content of the franchise pack who still do not count as loyal fans based on the given description. For example, I could put together several screenshots showing the purchases of the various items - but based on the released information because it wasn't the Franchise pack I dont qualify as loyal to the series and thus do not deserve the DE key that someone who paid much less, and all at once, does.

How do you intend to make it up to these people who were slighted considerably because you made them lesser than others, and have cut off the proof e-mails?
Motoki said:
And what of the people who didn't make it before your cut off to stop sending emails? You said you are working on something to get them the Deathinitive Edition too. Is this there still the intention to make some alternate method to get that to those who didn't make it in that small window and you told not to email anymore?
I guess he's on Schwarzenegger time or whatever so he won't reply until tomorrow. If he doesn't choose to ignore it or make us prod him multiple times and then give short, vague answers, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blade's birthday was yesterday anyway, y he asking for free shit today.

A BIRTHDAY IS ONE DAY, BLADE!

Let's not underplay the importance.

keep-calm-its-my-birthweek-bitches.png

Probably Mooby since they're giving a Heroes of the Storm hero along with it.
No interest in Overwatch. Buy-to-play and then microtransactions after the fact. From their wording you won't even get new heroes as they're released. If I want to play TF2, I'll play TF2 and Blizzard's community has degenerated over the years to be far worse than TF2's. Plus you can pick and choose TF2 servers/communities.

No interest in Overwatch. Buy-to-play and then microtransactions after the fact. From their wording you won't even get new heroes as they're released. If I want to play TF2, I'll play TF2 and Blizzard's community has degenerated over the years to be far worse than TF2's. Plus you can pick and choose TF2 servers/communities.
in another word, in lieu of this wall of text & interest of our valuable card farming time, why don't you just say: MOOBY!

p.s. why would you get new heroes as they release? they list 21 heroes for $39.99 up front. Any additional content can be obtained via additional purchase, not free. I think most ppl tend to see this through the TF2 mentality but TF2 is free-to-play. God forbid, lord Gaben starts to charge $ for his free to play game

Some of us should pool money up and give Motoki his copy of Darksiders 2.

It's almost too painful to watch how he slowly and systemically break down the Nordic PR guy.

P.S.

Russian key for the Franchise is only $5 at putingate

Well the new version is $6 but fuck that other people that own the same package I do got it for free so they need to treat us all fair. It's not about the money, I'm just calling bullshit on there treating different customers differently.

Their PR rep needs to be fired. He won't pin a thread and is being as evasive as fuck.

I swear this has got to be the worst anyone has ever been in this situation. I thought some of the indie devs were dumbasses but he really has them beat. Stubborn as hell too no matter how much negativity he gets.

It's almost too painful to watch how he slowly and systemically break down the Nordic PR guy.

P.S.

Russian key for the Franchise is only $5 at putingate
i need to know

are you from the US? If you are what affliction do you suffer from? If you are foreign most is forgiven......but not all

1. maybe

2. alcoholism

3. depend on which part of the world you consider foreign and how many percentage of alcohol-related sins are forgiven

p.s. Van Helsing Final Cut has online DRM for its single player component apparently. FYI for those who are interested in buying.

Honestly it makes no sense, they tried to combat cheating in what is basically a single player arpgm by locking your characters and enjoyment (once you get to the right level to play in the end game content) into an always-online "system" that I cannot justify calling DRM but it honestly feels like it.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadow_blazer/recommended/400170/

Which really only matters to the Europeans whose villages exist in a 1990s 33.6kps modem time warp and MysterD. Everyone else has a decent connection anyhow.

And I would also like to know what the hell your affliction is. You're kind of like MysterD but not. I can't quite place it.

1. maybe
2. alcoholism
3. depend on which part of the world you consider foreign and how many percentage of alcohol-related sins are forgiven

p.s. Van Helsing Final Cut has online DRM for its single player component apparently. FYI for those who are interested in buying.

It's not really DRM. You need to be online to play endgame content but the rest of it can be played offline..

It does kind of suck, but calling it DRM is a big stretch.

Which really only matters to the Europeans whose villages exist in a 1990s 33.6kps modem time warp and MysterD. Everyone else has a decent connection anyhow.

And I would also like to know what the hell your affliction is. You're kind of like MysterD but not. I can't quite place it.
He says its alcoholism, maybe that's autism in Lithuania or something.

p.s. why would you get new heroes as they release? they list 21 heroes for $39.99 up front. Any additional content can be obtained via additional purchase, not free. I think most ppl tend to see this through the TF2 mentality but TF2 is free-to-play. God forbid, lord Gaben starts to charge $ for his free to play game
You'd be surprised how many Blizzdrones don't think the game will have microtransactions.

Lord Gabensworth gets a cut of every silly little tf2 gun or cosmetic that gets traded through the market, let alone all the rest of the bullshit sold there.

"Hidden" microtransactions are the way of the future.

Be the change you want to see in the world and buy Motoki a gift copy of DS2. Or, you know, don't and maybe stop whining about Motoki whining or something. At least Motoki's whining can potentially get me a free game, you're just making noise.

Be the change you want to see in the world and buy Motoki a gift copy of DS2. Or, you know, don't and maybe stop whining about Motoki whining or something. At least Motoki's whining can potentially get me a free game, you're just making noise.
Motoki's the lesser cheaper of two evils.

I'm looking at potentially upgrading my RAM. Its not a necessary upgrade, so just doing some browsing. Any suggestions for the best place to get it at the best price? Or any deals going on? TIA.
Micro Center if you have one in your area... Not sure how a brick and mortar store can hang with the internet retailers but they honestly can.

Here's a really good PC part website to help you find the best deal... and the right RAM if you're super picky.

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/memory/

I blame Spoder, he messaged me about that god damned Nordic Darksiders situation and then sat back and let me do all the dirty work for him.

Anyway, I'm far from the only person shouting about it. Not that it's helping that much. I think a blind def monkey would be better at PR than that guy. 

Maybe we need to find someone to speak Austrian to him or call him a girlie maaaahn or something. I don't know.

1. maybe

2. alcoholism

At least story-mode can be done offline + saved locally w/ VH: TFC. We can't even do that with D3 PC.

I understand for specific content, NeoCore + Blizzard want to make sure they're killing the cheating + controlling content w/ their DRM. So hopefully, at some later date, when the online #'s die and it's not worth them keeping certain things stuck behind online DRM - they can do something about making certain content work actually offline.

Well the new version is $6 but fuck that other people that own the same package I do got it for free so they need to treat us all fair. It's not about the money, I'm just calling bullshit on there treating different customers differently.
Agreed. I don't think it's fair that Nordic-sold Darksiders Franchise Pack owners are getting Deathinitive for FREE, while people who own the same content that they bought separately (likely when THQ was holding the IP) aren't.

As many have said on Steam Forums - they could've added Deathinitive to those who actually own Darksiders 2: Season Pass. It might not solve all problems, as someone might've bought all DLC separate - but it's still a partial solution.

well i suck i missed them then T_T. wait till steam sale i guess. no rush
Don't feel too bad. The giveaways were all in the middle of the day in the US during the week and went really fast. You had to pretty much be camped out and not working (or not working very hard) to get them. I only got one because a very nice CAG grabbed an extra or otherwise I wouldn't have gotten one either.

Spoder and Madjoki just love to point out when anyone brings up a game that time 3 copies were free for 8 seconds at 3am in East Timor and stuff like that.

is the R9 290 a good card? I just sold my 7870 since it wasn't meeting my needs anymore. Also considering upgrading to 16GB of ram but don't know if that's overkill

is the R9 290 a good card?
Compared to? It's not as good as the 790 but about equal to the 780. It falls just under the recommended card for Fallout 4 (790 or a R9 290x). Really depends on what your price point is and what you're expecting from it.

I wouldn't bother spending money to upgrade to 16GB RAM. If I had it laying around I'd use it but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it. 8GB is usually plenty.

Don't feel too bad. The giveaways were all in the middle of the day in the US during the week and went really fast. You had to pretty much be camped out and not working (or not working very hard) to get them. I only got one because a very nice CAG grabbed an extra or otherwise I wouldn't have gotten one either.

Spoder and Madjoki just love to point out when anyone brings up a game that time 3 copies were free for 8 seconds at 3am in East Timor and stuff like that.
Plenty of CAGs managed to get it though, and I know a bunch of CAGs get more freebies on average than me (SSP being one of them). Otherwise, I don't think the spoder/foxbro event would've been such a success, Weiler was the only one that didn't have the game. Even Syntax Error showed up for it, and that dude avoids free games like the plague!!

And for the record.. I missed the first Ponchos giveaway (Carl was kind enough to give me his), but got lucky when they gave it away the 2nd time (which was the extra I gave to Weiler)

why am I having so much trouble resisting buying this adventure company hits collection?

and did anyone see mysterD got a upgrade for his birthday?

Hot_Dog_Toaster.jpg

Wouldn't it be better to wait for DDR4 RAM rather than buying more DDR3?
We'll be waiting a bit for DDR4 to come into its own. Current standards are around 2133, which is marginally faster than most DDR3 gaming RAM. DDR4 can theoretically reach twice the speed, but the potential hasn't been realized yet. Internal clock rate hasn't changed since DDR2, though, leading me to believe we could operate much faster if companies weren't so focused on milking obsolete tech for profit. :(

i'm reading all you sob's talking about D3 wings but NOBODY'S PLAYING D3 NOW! NOBODY!

anyways, for some reason i downloaded Skyrim and am now playing Skyrim hours before FO4 drops, cuz i am a crazy person. and yo, Skyrim is pretty good game...

WOULDN'T IT BE BETTER TO VRAMZ?!?!?!?!?!?
[Ponders]

Why not get both more system RAM and more VRAM??!?!?

EDIT:

i'm reading all you sob's talking about D3 wings but NOBODY'S PLAYING D3 NOW! NOBODY!

anyways, for some reason i downloaded Skyrim and am now playing Skyrim hours before FO4 drops, cuz i am a crazy person. and yo, Skyrim is pretty good game...
[In agreement]

Skyrim's great - no arguments about that.

[Thoughts]

Though...w/ FO4 dropping soon, maybe I'll eventually play some more FO3 and/or New Vegas.

bla bla bla some salty people don't want to hear it anymore
TOUGH SHIT!
Re: Darksiders Deathinitive Edition upgrade for people who own the old version but didn't buy the 'special' (ie Nordic) package

Jesus H Christ getting straight answers out of this guy is worse than pulling teeth.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/388410/discussions/0/496880503073517814/

I guess he's on Schwarzenegger time or whatever so he won't reply until tomorrow. If he doesn't choose to ignore it or make us prod him multiple times and then give short, vague answers, that is.
My sources say, Nordic is sending keys for those who emailed with proof of purchase.

My sources say, Nordic is sending keys for those who emailed with proof of purchase.
They still haven't commented on what they will do for those who missed their short window. I asked the rep but getting a straight answer out of him is ridiculously hard.

If they don't figure something out then they're still back to a situation where SOME customers got something and others didn't.

Really this situation at this point has been a bigger pain in the ass than any indie dev has ever been. And that's saying something.

*Edited to add: Some people who were furious have now turned sweet as pie because they got keys. My suspicion is they're hoping by handing out keys to some of the people screaming the loudest that they'll be able to just ignore the rest or let the White Knights take care of them.

bread's done
Back