Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
What's the buzz on Battleborn? Is it gonna suck or is it the next bandwagon everybody is going to jump on?

I haven't bandwagoned since Mad Max (those were good, good times) and with my birthday approaching I'm feeling adventurous.

:whee:

A DVD case made out of metal. They usually have unique artwork.

solidniko-albums-pelinurkka-picture7109-jokunen-steelbook-loytyy.jpg

I have a few DVDs that came in cases like these, and I really don't like them.
Give me that dead rising case for that sweet sweet sound of pegi 18 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEchCYhi62s

What's the buzz on Battleborn? Is it gonna suck or is it the next bandwagon everybody is going to jump on?

I haven't bandwagoned since Mad Max (those were good, good times) and with my birthday approaching I'm feeling adventurous.
I legitimately can't think of a single upcoming title that i'm excited about. All the usual hype avenues have been clogged with VR tripe.

I'm interested in a few of the upcoming spacenerd titles (Stellaris, Endless Space 2, maybe No Man's Sky to a lesser extent), but I can't think of anything impulse worthy in the near future.

I legitimately can't think of a single upcoming title that i'm excited about.
HunieCam is out next week!

Nah, I'm kidding. Not about it being out next week but about reasons to be excited. They switched up the art style to something just north of terrible but, more importantly, the subversive nature that made HuniePop interesting looks to be largely gone and it's just a pretty standard business sim game except with, haha, cam girls. No conversations, very little dialogue and not much story to go with it.

I legitimately can't think of a single upcoming title that i'm excited about. All the usual hype avenues have been clogged with VR tripe.

I'm interested in a few of the upcoming spacenerd titles (Stellaris, Endless Space 2, maybe No Man's Sky to a lesser extent), but I can't think of anything impulse worthy in the near future.
Dark Souls 3 is the correct answer ;)

Just hoping CDkeys drops a little more. Definitely fakeybro'ing the game with Season Pass

Last edited by a moderator:

Battleborn open beta start April 13th, so you can try it out then if you want to see how it is.

Right now it's looking like Overwatch is likely going to eat it's lunch though as far as multiplayer goes. The Battleborn story mode might be good but I have doubts that it's just gonna be tacked on.

Nah, I'm kidding. Not about it being out next week but about reasons to be excited. They switched up the art style to something just north of terrible but, more importantly, the subversive nature that made HuniePop interesting looks to be largely gone and it's just a pretty standard business sim game except with, haha, cam girls. No conversations, very little dialogue and not much story to go with it.
Yeah I'll be skipping it. I fakeybro'd HuniePop and might've fakeybro'd HuniePop 2 if that were a thing but this HunieCam game looks like crap to me. Crap artstyle, crap gameplay, crap dialogue. Give us HuniePop 2 plsthxusirs

There's a few I'm stoked about

- Mother Russia Bleeds

- No Man's Sky

- Banner Saga 2

- Shadow Warrior 2

- DOOM

- Mafia III

- N++ on Steam

- Mirror's Edge reboot

- Battleborn to a lesser extent

Not all of these have dates and some are clearly fall titles. Generally though, there's usually always something upcoming I'm interested in. I'm hoping E3 isnt clogged with VR nonsense though.

Yeah I'll be skipping it. I fakeybro'd HuniePop and might've fakeybro'd HuniePop 2 if that were a thing but this HunieCam game looks like crap to me. Crap artstyle, crap gameplay, crap dialogue. Give us HuniePop 2 plsthxusirs
Got them mods installed?

On a side note. Battle born feels like crap compared to Overwatch, though I was not surprised.

Pretty much the same here... Though I must admit Total War: Warhammer and Overwatch are close.
GMG sent me a 27% off coupon for my birthday a few days ago so I fakey'd Warhammer. Total War and Warhammer mixed together sounds awesome plus I want that chaos dlc!

Ooh, perfect practice before my attempt at building a cam girl empire!

What if it came with one of those special pillows?

lap-pillow.jpg

re: New Games

I haven't been excited about anything since The Division and don't see that changing any time soon.

Battleborn pretty much has no hype because:

1) From the beginning they've done a really bad job explaining what it even is (how many people still think it's a MOBA shooter?)

2) Gearbox and Randy Pitchford have pissed away most, if not all, the goodwill they once had

3) It's not Borderlands 3 (which would've helped a lot with #2)

The game will probably be alright, because how bad could it be, but I really think nobody will care and it'll be a sales flop.

No Man's Sky sounds too good to be true. I'll try it, but I feel like it'll be really shallow and repetitive. There's not really a point to a game where no one will ever explore 99% of the world. It's sounds more like a tech demo in the end.

I hope Doom will be good, but I'm not really expecting it to be. FPS evolved too much to go back to the formula that made FPS popular in the first place.

Battleborn/Overwatch... eh. Might both be ok, but I'm not a LoL/TF player.

Laundry list replies:

Battleborn -- I agree, not Borderlands 3. Don't care about it.

My review of the Mass Effect Franchise:

1. Mass Effect: lost my GFWL save. Never finished
  2. Mass Effect 2: Never started
  3. Mass Effect 3: Not on Steam, don't care about it.

Those were good times.

Anybody want to tell me their thoughts on Aliens: CM or Duke Nukem Forever? I heard Homefront sucked too. Also heard some controversy about Daikatana.
Duke Nukem Forever: Do not pay anything approaching full price for the game. It's not that great. However, it's not as horrible as people love to say that it is. It's a playable FPS with some interesting ideas, though they don't always turn out well. As a historical curiosity, it's absolutely worth a play. DO NOT SKIP the "making of" video.

I think this is actually a pretty good description of how I felt about ME3. I loved the game for most of my time with it, up until the last few hours when it goes completely off the rails. The first 3/4 or whatever were great, wrapping up story threads from the previous 2 games. It actually felt epic and like a proper closing to a film trilogy. Then it takes a bad acid trip to stupidsville. MysterD's link about Hudson apparently locking the other writers out and just throwing some random crap on paper as an "ending" makes perfect sense, and is also analogous to Fant4stic, where you can pretty clearly see where the studio starts messing with what Trank had intended (whether what he intended was better than what we ultimately got? who knows).

Anyway, the fact that people still have such strong reactions to the ending even years after the fact is testament, to me, of how involved people got in the story. Because of this, I'd say ME3 is worth the play; just know that the end is probably going to be a letdown. Maybe going in with low expectations would even help the experience.
I think low expectations definitely helps. I heard how bad the ME3 ending was and when I got there I thought... Meh. Not horrible, not great. I think the Trilogy is definitely worth the play.

My bitch with the ME series is how,imo,some of the story that I feel should have been in the main games are left in the DLCs. I start ME3 and the characters are going on about something and I'm like wha chu talkin bout? Only to find out that plot line is in the pre ME3/post ME2 DLC.

So glad the Division talk died down so I could scroll through pages of rehashed ME talk. Thanks, Flow.

Anybody want to tell me their thoughts on Aliens: CM or Duke Nukem Forever? I heard Homefront sucked too. Also heard some controversy about Daikatana.
Ain't played Aliens: CM + Daikatana, even though both are in the backlog.

DNF was a mixed-bag of all over the place - sometimes it's lots of fun; sometimes it's boring and tedious; sometimes it's decent; sometimes it's "meh." The Spy DLC was more consistent than the base-game.

Homefront was okay. By the time it stated getting good + better, unfortunately the game ends...

Since some of y'all are talking fakey-bro - eh, I dunno; already falling behind on games here w/ me still currently playing Fallout 4; and also Dreamfall Chapters, GTA5, The Witcher 3, The Division, and Wasteland 2 all are chilling in the backlog.

Maybe Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will be something I'd be interested in fakey'ing - maybe not. I dunno.

Since some of y'all are talking fakey-bro - eh, I dunno; already falling behind on games here w/ me still currently playing Fallout 4; and also Dreamfall Chapters GTA5, The Witcher 3, The Division, and Wasteland 2 all are chilling in the backlog.

Maybe Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will be something I'd be interested in fakey'ing - maybe not. I dunno.
Why you no fakey Gears of Borderlands (as a Friend calls it) and Lesbian Farming Sim?!

Since some of y'all are talking fakey-bro - eh, I dunno; already falling behind on games here w/ me still currently playing Fallout 4; and also Dreamfall Chapters GTA5, The Witcher 3, The Division, and Wasteland 2 all are chilling in the backlog.

Damn some good inside the toast info there

ME talk... I'm sort of on both sides of it. I have no issue with people saying its one of the greatest franchises in gaming, it I had to do a list it would be on there, but the last ten minutes just completely ruined the experience of all three games for me. Obviously, there are far far more important stuff in life than the ending of some game but... Wow, the ending was so bad, so out of left field in how it ignored so many of the important aspects of the franchise's history and in game lore, that it really left me in a weird state of mind as I tried to comprehend the ending. (Weird as in off and/or distracted... Not anything disturbing or worrisome.)

Anyhow, still bitter to this day and unable to play the games again if I wanted it... I paid full price for every piece of story/mission DLC that came out for the first two games on day one no questions asked... Yet, I own none of it for ME3, and I don't see myself ever owning it unless a deal is just too sweet to pass.

Also I have no interest in the new ME, if it ever comes out, and I cannot comprehend how the franchise isn't dead and I still haven't gotten the latest Dragon Age but likely will when the price is right. (And outside of the Old Republic MMO I cannot tell you the last Bioware game I didn't get on day 1.)
A game's ending, a book's ending, a movie's ending, a show's ending, it's an important thing. Even in a game where the plot is just text on a screen, you can't jack the customer around at the end and renege on your authorial promises made through the rest of it. Absolute worst thing you can do.

Duke Nukem Forever: Do not pay anything approaching full price for the game. It's not that great. However, it's not as horrible as people love to say that it is. It's a playable FPS with some interesting ideas, though they don't always turn out well. As a historical curiosity, it's absolutely worth a play. DO NOT SKIP the "making of" video.
thumbs-up.jpg

So my brother (no, I'm not lostnumber using an alias) gifted me Stardew Valley this morning. As a consequence, I'm soliciting opinions as to why there is so much positive buzz around what appears to me to be a Facebook game. Thoughts?

Watch Dogs: Where the government controlling everything and seeing everything leads to a mobster stealing a mayoral election.

In Chicago.

Even Aiden Pearce had to laugh at that.

Homefront was terrible. At least the SP campaign was. It was everything bad about FPS SP campaigns rolled up into a single shitty 4-6hr experience.
I'm like maybe half way through the Homefront single player campaign and got bored and went to BL2 and don't really have a desire to go back. It's a pretty solid 5/10...meh.

bread's done
Back