Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Part of me feels like MS will wind up making a three free upgrade permanent since, as noted, they really really want people to upgrade. And, if you haven't upgraded by now, you're sure as hell not going to do it when it costs you $50-$120 to do so.

On the other hand, another part of me realizes that the first part of me is being lazy and justifying why I don't need to get off my ass and just upgrade already.
Yeah me too. They want you to get trapped to Windows Store.

Hell, they might even make totally free version.

The only issue I have with Windows10 is a sporadic bug where I'll shutdown my PC, and it'll re-boot immediately. It's pretty annoying and is only fixed by holding the power button down.

Other than that, it's great. Looks like 7 but runs smoother. Win win.

:whee:
I've had a similar bug since Win 8 / 8.1. It's not new to 10.

In 10, I used to tell it to shutdown or reboot, and it'll just log off. I think they fixed it finally.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hermanobros just posted that if you own Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide you can pre-order the definitive editions for 85% off ($3 each).  I went ahead and ordered the bundle with the retro DI game for $9.78.  

I tend to hate definitive edition milking, but also complaint about devs not rewarding prior owners with a discount so I have to support this (plus zombies).

Double Edit:

Hermanobro Tomas clarified that the exploit in this case is that you can currently gift order these games at the discounted price.  So for those 2-3 people who don't own they DI games you can get a current owner to gift it for a discounted price.  

Edit:

Spoder says the retro game is supposed to be free so maybe not buy the bundle?  

The Hermanobros just posted that if you own Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide you can pre-order the definitive editions for 85% off ($3 each). I went ahead and ordered the bundle with the retro DI game for $9.78.

I tend to hate definitive edition milking, but also complaint about devs not rewarding prior owners with a discount so I have to support this (plus zombies).

Double Edit:

Hermanobro Tomas clarified that the exploit in this case is that you can currently gift order these games at the discounted price. So for those 2-3 people who don't own they DI games you can get a current owner to gift it for a discounted price.

Edit:

I just need riptide, who want to gift it to me??

Dead island wasn't a bad game. But a bit repetitive. But... Zombies. This can be a good reason to come back to it. Will buy both definitives, $6 is a good price for both and I support how they care about existing owners. 85% discount is really good.

The retro will be free?

Dead island wasn't a bad game. But a bit repetitive. But... Zombies. This can be a good reason to come back to it. Will buy both definitives, $6 is a good price for both and I support how they care about existing owners. 85% discount is really good.

The retro will be free?
I'm not sure on that one. Madjoke says it is supposed to be free.

From what I read, the definitive collection (with both games) is supposed to be $39.99 and come with retro for free. On Steam the def. collection is listed as $40.02 base price and $9.78 if you own both games. So it is still 76% off. Now retro alone is listed at $4.99. So if you buy each game at $3 for $6 total and wait for sale on retro that would be the cheapest I think.

For those dragging their feet on Win 10 upgrade but are still cheapasses and want it free (eventually).

http://www.howtogeek.com/253901/get-windows-10-for-free-after-july-29th-with-a-little-prep-now/

TL;DR - upgrade and either rollback, restore a clone drive backup of 7 or 8 or just clean slate back to 7 or 8.

Even if you think Windows 10 is the devil and gives you cancer bla bla you really should do this to reserve it now. Sooner or later you will come across something that needs it and free legit is better than not free or not legit. :p
I do want to upgrade to 10, but on my own terms. I want to get an upgraded 10 key, but I also want to stick with 7 because of compatibility concerns. I'm not sure if you can have one 7 install, and another 7-upgraded-to-10 install on the same machine... so I have a couple of months to figure that out.

The Hermanobros just posted that if you own Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide you can pre-order the definitive editions for 85% off ($3 each). I went ahead and ordered the bundle with the retro DI game for $9.78.

Double Edit:

Hermanobro Tomas clarified that the exploit in this case is that you can currently gift order these games at the discounted price. So for those 2-3 people who don't own they DI games you can get a current owner to gift it for a discounted price.

Edit:

The retro game shows up with a $5 price in the bundle. So I don't believe it'll be free.

I never bought Dead Island Riptide, now I regret it. Argh.

I do want to upgrade to 10, but on my own terms. I want to get an upgraded 10 key, but I also want to stick with 7 because of compatibility concerns. I'm not sure if you can have one 7 install, and another 7-upgraded-to-10 install on the same machine... so I have a couple of months to figure that out.

The retro game shows up with a $5 price in the bundle. So I don't believe it'll be free.

I never bought Dead Island Riptide, now I regret it. Argh.
I can gift it to you for $3 AMERICAN dollars.

Sure, I'll do that. Could you grab it for me and store it in your inventory for a bit? I'm about to head out, but I'll pay you back when I return. Thanks.
Only issue is that if I add to my inventory isn't it stuck there for 30 days?

Nevermind, Spoder set me straight. Purchasing now.

I'm not sure on that one. Madjoke says it is supposed to be free.

From what I read, the definitive collection (with both games) is supposed to be $39.99 and come with retro for free. On Steam the def. collection is listed as $40.02 base price and $9.78 if you own both games. So it is still 76% off. Now retro alone is listed at $4.99. So if you buy each game at $3 for $6 total and wait for sale on retro that would be the cheapest I think.
"Dead Island: Retro Revenge comes as a free bonus for those who pre-order Dead Island: Definitive Collection."

That has very positive reviews, you heathen. Don't make me get your brother to Cain and Abel you.
Considering the words that are written in a lot of those reviews I wouldn't take them seriously.

"Dead Island: Retro Revenge comes as a free bonus for those who pre-order Dead Island: Definitive Collection."
Yes, I get that, but here's the thing:

1. MSRP of the Def. Collection is $39.99.

2. On Steam they are selling Retro alone for $4.99 I assume for people who don't want to buy the def. collection.

3. So the price of Retro is incorporated into the price of the def. collection on Steam as the MSRP there is $40.02 (odd, but whatever).

So I don't think that the def. collection is supposed to be cheaper. I just think it's one of those odd things on Steam where they have to do weird pricing to get everything to work in the bundle.

2. On Steam they are selling Retro alone for $4.99 I assume for people who don't want to buy the def. collection.

3. So the price of Retro is incorporated into the price of the def. collection on Steam as the MSRP there is $40.02 (odd, but whatever).

So I don't think that the def. collection is supposed to be cheaper. I just think it's one of those odd things on Steam where they have to do weird pricing to get everything to work in the bundle.
actually steam allows different pricing in-bundles and out-bundles

Example:

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/294/

vs

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/

bundles can also have free items:

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/343/

So it's at least pretty stupid. or was deliberately created to scam fans.

You Hermano, it's easier than you think.

"Bundle and loyalty discounts: At the base price you get Dead Island Retro Revenge essentially for free through a bundle discount on the Definitive Collection bundle"

That's what they mean by "free". You buy both definitive editions and you get the revenge "free". If you opt to buy just only one of the definitive editions you will need to pay for revenge separately.

actually steam allows different pricing in-bundles and out-bundles

Example:

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/294/

vs

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/

bundles can also have free items:

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/343/

So it's at least pretty stupid. or was deliberately created to scam fans.
I think they made a mistake and didn't include revenge for free on the bundle. That or valve's bundle system. But what they want is to encourage you to buy both defijnitive editions so you "save" the price of revenge itself.

You Hermano, it's easier than you think.

"Bundle and loyalty discounts: At the base price you get Dead Island Retro Revenge essentially for free through a bundle discount on the Definitive Collection bundle"

That's what they mean by "free". You buy both definitive editions and you get the revenge "free". If you opt to buy just only one of the definitive editions you will need to pay for revenge separately.
Okay, but I guess the real question is, did anyone buy DI and DI Riptide Def outside of the bundle? And if so, did they get the retro game added to their account for free just by doing that? Paying only the $6?

Okay, but I guess the real question is, did anyone buy DI and DI Riptide Def outside of the bundle? And if so, did they get the retro game added to their account for free just by doing that? Paying only the $6?
I bought them outside the bundle for 6, no retro

lol that actually looks interesting but not for $20. Remind me when it goes on sale and ill buy it and gift you a game if I forget ;)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/373420/

Not a PC exclusive and it costs $40. But this is Cheapassgamer, so MSRP doesn't meant that much. But it should hit 20 or less in a sale. It is turn-based, though.
Ive actually been waiting for that to go on sale for either pc/ps4. its definitely on my list

lol that actually looks interesting but not for $20. Remind me when it goes on sale and ill buy it and gift you a game if I forget ;)

Ive actually been waiting for that to go on sale for either pc/ps4. its definitely on my list
Have you played the Southpark RPG? That one is turn based and a ton of fun, if you like South Park.

Any of the Kings Bounty games can be had for cheapsies if you look around, probably in the cesspool (they've been bundled). Massive timesinks though.

I played Crossroads all the way through and loved it, but the others didn't seem to go anywhere new so I stalled quickly with them.

Decent for a run through though, and will only set you back a buck or two. Hell, some generous CAGs might even be sat on a key if you send them nudes.

:whistle2:

All the back and forth on Dead Island was giving me a headache but I figured out that I'll never ever play the retro game so I just bought the two def. editions for $3 each. I'll never play those either but at least they're not dumb lolretro crap. It's not 1992 any longer, people!

Sounds like a night with Fox's mom
Fox's mom is like a slot machine that always pays out... in lice and herpes.

All the back and forth on Dead Island was giving me a headache but I figured out that I'll never ever play the retro game so I just bought the two def. editions for $3 each. I'll never play those either but at least they're not dumb lolretro crap. It's not 1992 any longer, people!

Fox's mom is like a slot machine that always pays out... in lice and herpes.
the dead island games are cheesy fun, but im not sure id bother to go back and replay them for the definitive stuff. Its showing $3 for each definitive plus $4.99 for retro.

Wait. What are we talking about? Whar be these deals?
Dead Island Definitive Edition and Dead Island Riptide Definitive Edition. If you bought the bundle when it went live for around $5 (if you owned prior versions of each game), you should also get Dead Island Retro Rampage for free. There was a stacked discount of 85% off each DE if you owned the base.

The only differences are that the games have all DLC included and are in HD. It's only worth it if you wanted that Retro Rampage game, since it was added in after the bundle went live and should be added to your account for free.

Dead Island isn't that good of a game, but it's loads better than the Dead Rising series in my opinion. Much more action-oriented and not quite as boring with slightly better controls.

bread's done
Back