Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Who loves Orange Soda?
Hardison-and-his-orange-soda-leverage-7957167-433-292.jpg

[attachment=23370:IMG_0705.JPG] 2Tb SSD No Go!!! Just got 2 email Cancellation notice!!!! [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!  So it is against the law for them to sell it to you below cost.  It is against the law for them to not sell it to you at the advertised price.  My Reddit law degree declares that everyone who ordered is owed free 2TB SSDs!  

It has therefore unto so be declared and ordered hereunto!  

Divinity Original Sin 2 was just announced to launch on Steam EA on 9/15. Perhaps we will see a decent discount on the original to celebrate? Or maybe they'll just raise the price.

When you try out some game (Ground Breakers) on steam and think "this might not be that bad once it leaves early access" and then look, and it's not in early access.

MDVGlLH.jpg

Made some bundle sacrifices for future Humble $1 tiers or Indie Galas.

7X411vs.png

(I'm not sure if the gods consider Steam Wallet sacrifices as equal to real money sacrifices. We'll see!)

70% off followed by Humble Monthly just to bone everyone over.
i feel like that game should be prime humble monthly material. or maybe sometime one of humble's biweekly bundles will be crpg themed. either way once it finally gets a decent discount i will probably buy and then regret in like 2 weeks

Chroma Squad is in a new bundle at Indie Gala for 3.50. Looks like historical low is 7.50. 

Kinda want to buy it now, but I'll probably wait to get it in a group buy.

Steam doesn't care about stolen keys and certainly won't ban people for activating them. They even made tools lately, so they can't be bothered by pleb stuff like deactivating the keys. It's the devs' job now.
I know. Hence my second paragraph:

Then again this involves Steam actually taking a hardline policy on something - not exactly something they seem to exhibit nowadays. Never underestimate the power of a gaming media scandal though - might actually wake some of Steam's management up and you never know what they might do.
Anyway, most of the time those bundle keys are just resold for profit and they are 'legit'.
Emphasis on "most". The issue here is that there's quite a few cases where people got stolen keys. The biggest and most recent cases ended in the keys getting revoked with little to no other consequences, though I've read that apparently there were users (before the bigger stolen key scandals and the massive popularity boost of grey marketplaces like G2A) who had their Steam accounts banned by purchasing keys from unofficial sources.

Sure, they weren't part of the wide majority who never experienced it, but it still happened. As many in this thread before me aptly put it, the chances are low but extremely higher than buying from someone reputable. I mean, is it so hard to just wait for a higher discount, sale or bundle and play the other 200 Steam library games you never even installed in the meanwhile?

Why is your CAG profile some sort of walking advertisement
It's 2 places (about and signature) - wouldn't exactly call myself a "walking advertisement" but whatever. Also, as you probably noticed, I own a blog, which is in theme with what's being discussed here at CAG (and more specifically in the 4 bigger threads about digital PC game discounts). Add in the fact that I'm generally terrible at coming up with decent usernames and here I am - "official representative" of a one-man blog about the unstoppable obsession to buy games only if they are 75% off (unless I happen to be a massive fan of a franchise).

Now that the last dlc for fo4 is about to drop i started playing it for a second time to run through the dlc...and im just reminded that while it's a good, time, how much of a dissappointment this game is. I really wish they would've spent less time on developing a poor man's version of  every popular element they could think of (crappy minecraft! toned down borderlands style shooting and drops! crafting! voiced protagonist! dialogue wheel! and while we're at it, let's tone down the leveling system and just replace it with a skill...chart) and more time focusing on what they did well in past games. I think the ideal bethesda game lies somewhere in between oblivion/fo3 and skyrim...oblivion and fo3 had much better quest design than either skyrim or fo4 (and quests that were just flat out way more creative as a whole than either of the newer games), as well as unique weapons that actually mattered (crafting completely nullifies the benefits of getting a unique item), while skyrim had more polished gameplay. All I wanted out of FO4 was a game that improved upon the FO3 formula, not this gaming alphabet soup they came up with. Oh well.  Like I said it's still a fun game (although easily my least favorite of bethesda's open world games from morrowind on), and I'll still play this for another 80 hours in this run through, but it just makes me nervous about what new "innovations" they're going to put in elder scrolls 6.

Nice to see Chroma Squad in a Gala bundle. I'll be on the lookout for it on Tremor once the bundle hits HH. 

Feel free to take the username "MrDangus". I just came up with it but it's all yours.
Tempting, but not exactly my style.

as you probably noticed, I own a blog
My sarcasm and a tl;dr wrapped up in a nice short phrase.

We have a Mr. D that is already equally insufferable though.

Howbout "BillyMcDweeb"?
Not exactly my style either but thanks for the suggestion. Also, I might be mistaken but you don't seem to like me that much. Just a hunch though.

I know. Hence my second paragraph:
The trend is important. They never cared and they made tools to care even less, precisely, don't care at all. I doubt there will be more uproar about revoked payments for keys, as the devs mostly stopped selling Steam keys by themself.

Emphasis on "most". The issue here is that there's quite a few cases where people got stolen keys.
The keys mostly were freshly released games, so scammers could maximise the profit. Who cares about single cheap bundle games.

I've read that apparently there were users (before the bigger stolen key scandals and the massive popularity boost of grey marketplaces like G2A) who had their Steam accounts banned by purchasing keys from unofficial sources.
[citation needed]

I mean, is it so hard to just wait for a higher discount, sale or bundle and play the other 200 Steam library games you never even installed in the meanwhile?
WHY NO WEN FREE?

the other 200
:roll:

Is your name Scott and do you like eating lunch? ScottLunch is probably available!
Not from an English speaking country so no and I do happen to enjoy eating lunch (at 5-6 PM when I'm on holiday).

The trend is important. They never cared and they made tools to care even less, precisely, don't care at all. I doubt there will be more uproar about revoked payments for keys, as the devs mostly stopped selling Steam keys by themself.
Unless you're paranoid like me, I guess that's a pretty valid argument.

The keys mostly were freshly released games, so scammers could maximise the profit. Who cares about single cheap bundle games.
Good point, though it's much easier to steal keys in bulk from small developers who either never cared or no longer care about the game whose keys they are selling on their own website (usually with less security measures in terms of managing chargebacks than Valve has).

[citation needed]
As I can't seem to find the original threads from back in 2010-2012, I'll give you this one and chalk it up to my paranoia. There is a bit of evidence on Steam going hard against people bypassing regional restrictions but the evidence of punishment of the consumer is anecdotal. Something somewhat relevant I found:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?11198-Steam-banned-my-account-without-any-explanation

WHY NO WEN FREE?
Yeaaah, I haven't spent enough time here to get that.

What? 2000? I tend to restrain from buying ALL games on discount / in a bundle and generally avoid anything with "Mixed" (or worse) unless I'm in love with the main concept. As such, I have not achieved such glorious number on my Steam library though I might, someday... :whistle2:|

Tempting, but not exactly my style.

My sarcasm and a tl;dr wrapped up in a nice short phrase.

Not exactly my style either but thanks for the suggestion. Also, I might be mistaken but you don't seem to like me that much. Just a hunch though.
Nobody likes new people, especially after the flood of argumentative noob assholes who were all secretly the same prick that was banned from here a few years ago and keeps coming back. He registered every few months and argued constantly about inane things, like basic math concepts and opinions. I see him on SlickDeals posting current CAG topics, so I know he's still around somewhere. If you really are IATCG again, then maybe you've learned your lesson and settled down.

And regardless, this is the internet. None of these guys like me, and I don't mind.

Nobody likes new people, especially after the flood of argumentative noob assholes who were all secretly the same prick that was banned from here a few years ago and keeps coming back. He registered every few months and argued constantly about inane things, like basic math concepts and opinions. I see him on SlickDeals posting current CAG topics, so I know he's still around somewhere. If you really are IATCG again, then maybe you've learned your lesson and settled down.
Logical. Wasn't complaining, just having a bit of fun. Do tell about the banned guy though - seems like there's an interesting story behind it.

And regardless, this is the internet. None of these guys like me, and I don't mind.
Well, they at least don't seem to mind your existence that much, especially considering the positive like/post ratio on your content.

whoever this noob is needs to stop living in the past, 75% off was so 2 years ago. 33% off on early access is all the rage now
I'm old school like that. Tried the new trend once (the concept and the groundwork looked awesome) - got a game which was later taken off Steam, with the dev saying he was too ambitious and ran out of money. Never again...

I'm old school like that. Tried the new trend once (the concept and the groundwork looked awesome) - got a game which was later taken off Steam, with the dev saying he was too ambitious and ran out of money. Never again...
In some circles, removed games are worn like badges of honor. For example, instead of making fun of me for wasting money on a mess of a game that was never remotely in playable form, people look at my copy of The Dead Linger with awe and envy because it was removed from Steam when they devs decided to abandon it and shaft us.

I figure in like 5 years, when I'm the next Pewdiepie, I'll be posting The Dead Linger playthrough vids and people will be going crazy for the rare gameplay footage.

In some circles, removed games are worn like badges of honor. For example, instead of making fun of me for wasting money on a mess of a game that was never remotely in playable form, people look at my copy of The Dead Linger with awe and envy because it was removed from Steam when they devs decided to abandon it and shaft us.

I figure in like 5 years, when I'm the next Pewdiepie, I'll be posting The Dead Linger playthrough vids and people will be going crazy for the rare gameplay footage.
....aaand that is the game that I was talking about (coincidence, huh?). I really wanted an in depth singleplayer focused (NPC survivors, quests/tasks perhaps, etc.) survival crafting (preferably also RPG, but beggars can't be choosers) game set in a zombie apocalypse (and I still do), but from what I've seen (and bought), unless I sit down and make one, nobody will. And I'm just a single novice coder so that's sure as hell not happening any time soon.

Which was only 3 years ago.

Its possible to find it at a decent price on the trade sites, but pointing out it was in a 3 year old bundle is pretty much pointless.
I wasn't sure if I still had my extra copy. I was wrong; already sold it.

I'm still sitting on some old keys but that wasn't one of them, so.... [shrug]

And, yes - me pointing that out is just like pretty much any one of my other posts on here: pointless...or very close to it.

bread's done
Back