Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I think it's the match making and/or population issues. I go into a match, it ends, and everyone (killer & survivors) on the score chart has 2-6 uncommon to very rare perks running. That's a substantial investment of time right there. Don't know if the issue is that the match making sucks at putting new players together or if the population is just stagnant with the core population and there is no newbie population.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won "12K" worth of Steam wallet

SIOe5oe.png

:cry:

I played Broforce some...thought it kinda sucked.
Did you play it with friends? Me, Bah, Weiler, Auburn, jimbo, Duke, and Foxhack played it tonight and had a lot of fun (split up into 2 groups).. or at least I did. It probably sucks with randoms, definitely a game that needs to be played with friends to be enjoyed.
I played some this morning, thought it was good. Probably better w/friends, but still good. I can't imagine playing it for longer than like an hour or so in one sitting, but in short bursts a couple levels at a time it's fun

I had a lot of fun playing Broforce.

I was insanely skeptical in the first few levels due to only being able to shoot straight, something Contra and Metal Slug never did. There was also significantly less enemies at a time.

But over time, I think the levels got better and more creative and showed that it can stand on it's own without copying those games directly. Lots of chaos with explosions chaning to other explosions, random bros makes you always on your toes, can't choose your favorite bro, large field of view (one of my complaints of many 2D games is it's too zoomed in, this game you can see a lot)

Missed out on the Bro Fest, but did make it out to Netherworld haunted house yesterday before they closed for the season. Some of us played 7 Days to Die yesterday during the day and it was a lot of fun. The game keeps improving every time I play it.

Late, but I also agree that surviving with friends in Dead by Daylight was a lot more fun than doing the 3v1 with the killer. The game can be fun playing that way, but a lot of it had to do with getting the right balance with players. I've never played surviving with randoms. I have played killer with randoms and it was fun, but the people were mad whiny.

Is there any indication on how long the steam version of the Day Of The Devs Bundle is supposed to last? There is no indication on the store page. But common sense would seem to suggest that it'll end when the event it was created to promote ends.

I've been trying to track down a copy of Titan Souls so I can knock the price down a little further. But I have the feeling that time is running out.

I've been trying to track down a copy of Titan Souls so I can knock the price down a little further. But I have the feeling that time is running out.
Just get the $1 tier on Humble and sell the extras or try to find a copy in the cesspool or Group Buys (Steam group) for around $0.30. Trade is also a possibility. There are options.

Just get the $1 tier on Humble and sell the extras or try to find a copy in the cesspool or Group Buys (Steam group) for around $0.30. Trade is also a possibility. There are options.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already been searching for Titan Souls in the Cesspool for the past few days. And buying the $1 would leave me with extras of the other games, which don't seem to be selling very well for other people. I might go that route eventually and try to sell them down the road, but I just wanted to get a sense of how much longer I had to decide.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already been searching for Titan Souls in the Cesspool for the past few days. And buying the $1 would leave me with extras of the other games, which don't seem to be selling very well for other people. I might go that route eventually and try to sell them down the road, but I just wanted to get a sense of how much longer I had to decide.
:bow:

You are a true CAG.

i think u have less than 1 week to decide on that $1 capital gain/loss.

I'll say it.. it's weird that it's been like 8 hrs since someone posted.. even a snide comment. It's just weird you guys.

Are we breaking up? :p
Nope.

I've been watching some football; was playing Vermintide (before the free weekend ended); and then played Dying Light for a bit.

Tried Hitman and FM 17 (the demo) today: 

Hitman or HITMAN or that new Hitman game: So far, so good. Only done the prologue but it feels like a Hitman game and not a game just using the name (*cough* Absolution), the challenges are nice to have and add some replayablity. The disguise system is better then Absolution, maybe a bit easy but again I was only in the tutorial missions so hard to say. Basically, only certain characters can see through certain disguises, rather then every cop in the city knowing every other cop and quickly realizing you don't fit in. Anyways, good game and don't regret fakey-ing at all (even when it goes on sale for 33% off in the next couple weeks).

FM 17: Seems better the FM 16, I mean it's pretty much the same game in most parts but the match engine isn't garbage this time around. Granted goalkeepers are kind of shit but at least it isn't early cross to back post for goal crap. Crosses can be still effective though, but look a lot more realistic and aren't overpowered as before. Anyways, worth waiting for it to go on sale just due to the very limited amounts of changes outside of the match engine, but if you want a FM and don't want to wait, it looks pretty good. 

Taco Bell: $5 craving box is good, but cheese sauce is crap. Diablo sauce is great, though a bit too much lime by itself, but the lime isn't noticeable in the food really. 

FM 17: Seems better the FM 16, I mean it's pretty much the same game in most parts but the match engine isn't garbage this time around. Granted goalkeepers are kind of shit but at least it isn't early cross to back post for goal crap. Crosses can be still effective though, but look a lot more realistic and aren't overpowered as before. Anyways, worth waiting for it to go on sale just due to the very limited amounts of changes outside of the match engine, but if you want a FM and don't want to wait, it looks pretty good.
I've been wanting to jump into the FM series for awhile now, but its hard to get it cheap because they always remove last year's version. When is the best time to get this at a decent discount to try it out?

Finished Doom 2016 last night.  It was good and fun, not as transcendently awesome as some people implied but that's every game's hype.  No regrets about dropping the $20 on it and if you like shootin' shit then the game gives you lots of shit to shoot at.  All your old friends from Doom 1/2 are there (well, except for the skull spitting cacodemon-thing) and looking prettier, secret rooms, game ran smooth as silk (~150fps) using Vulkan on my R9 290x, only a couple frustrating moments on the default difficulty.  It's pretty much exactly what it says on the box.

With new GOG connect games I'm now up to 102 free games on GOG.

Witcher 1 & 2 is there, so if you've not used your keys you get free extra copy. I used looong ago :(

for anyone that cares Survival PTS (and 1.5) for The Division will be going up today. you can only play if you bought it or the season pass. more info here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/5bmma6/update_15_survival_pts_patch_notes/
And its up.

Sadly controller support was broken so I'll not be playing it right now... Then again, I hate the idea of having that perfect drop happening on the PTS and getting mocked by it.

Looks like some good stuff... I think Survival itself is not a mode that will survive long term (its about 2 hours to play if you, well survive, and that seems a bit long to me) but the unique gear drops without being parts of sets will likely make for even more distinct characters. (Which the last patch made a real possibility.)

My main character right now runs around like Rambo with a near endless supply of LMG fire and almost avoids going into cover... My second character hides behind a shield and shoots people with a pistol and both are fun ways to play.

Vivendi owns more than 24% of Ubisoft’s share capital

Vivendi (Paris:VIV) announced today that it crossed the statutory threshold of 24% of Ubisoft’s share capital on November 4, 2016. On that date it owned 24.059% of the share capital and 21.296% of the voting rights of Ubisoft, based on the number of shares and voting rights declared by the video games company on September 30, 2016.

Yeah, Ubisoft is trying its hardest to not get gobbled up by Vivendi. As much as I dislike Ubisoft's business practices, being bought out would be a death sentence.

I hope cheap copies of the Metro Redux games show up sometime this week... I want those on GOG.

I've been wanting to jump into the FM series for awhile now, but its hard to get it cheap because they always remove last year's version. When is the best time to get this at a decent discount to try it out?
Not sure these days, it used to be during the Winter Sale it'd go 50% off and that was the best time (outside of summer). Last year I think it was only 20-33% off during Winter though and with it coming out in November, wouldn't be surprised if it's similar.

If I had to guess, it might get a decent discount in march when the final patch usually drops.

Am I correct in assuming that FM refers to Football Manager? If so, you might wanna be on the lookout for physical copies of the game, as they come with a steam key. Just make sure you get a new copy, of course. Otherwise the key might be used. If you're lucky. you might be able to find a copy for less than you'd pay for just the key. Or you could always pick up a previous year's version for cheap just to try it out.

Am I correct in assuming that FM refers to Football Manager? If so, you might wanna be on the lookout for physical copies of the game, as they come with a steam key. Just make sure you get a new copy, of course. Otherwise the key might be used. If you're lucky. you might be able to find a copy for less than you'd pay for just the key. Or you could always pick up a previous year's version for cheap just to try it out.
NO IT REFERS TO FRONT MISSION DUH. JUST LIKE HOW TF2 = Titanfall 2

bread's done
Back