Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
In non-soulcrushing news, a few of us played theHunter: Primal tonight.  Questionable capitalization aside, it's a surprisingly entertaining hunting game.  With dinosaurs.  It has some of the annoyances rampant among survival games (weapons/loot are scarce) but you aren't burdened with having to collect apples by punching trees for nourishment nor warm yourself by a fire after it rains.  There's some rudimentary tracking performed with a GPS device, and moderate stealth aspects which may or may not actually work, but actually stalking dinosaurs is kinda fun...

...until you find one, empty your 12 bullets into it, and discover that it's unkillable because you're playing an open world survival game and of course every goddamned thing is going to glitch out sooner or later.

That being said, it was a fun bronight game, and was much better than F5ing twitter for two hours watching the internet meltdown.

I'll echo Parallack's sentiments about Primal.  I had a lot of fun.  Wish the guns and ammo were more plentiful but I guess as you play it more you do get points to buy stuff pre-spawn.  There's also a complicated organ system so you could potentially become and expert hunter that could one-shot a t-rex.  Jimbo is pretty pro at it.  

I'm pretty despondent today.  I was F5ing FiveThiryEight (which is dead to me) on my laptop while playing so I felt the disappointment real time.  Add to that the fact we lost that t-rex and it was a pretty shitty night overall.  Might take a break from bro-nights for a bit just to get my frustration out killing Norks because being racist towards others is always a good solution. 

I'll echo Parallack's sentiments about Primal. I had a lot of fun. Wish the guns and ammo were more plentiful but I guess as you play it more you do get points to buy stuff pre-spawn. There's also a complicated organ system so you could potentially become and expert hunter that could one-shot a t-rex. Jimbo is pretty pro at it.

I'm pretty despondent today. I was F5ing FiveThiryEight (which is dead to me) on my laptop while playing so I felt the disappointment real time. Add to that the fact we lost that t-rex and it was a pretty shitty night overall. Might take a break from bro-nights for a bit just to get my frustration out killing Norks because being racist towards others is always a good solution.
For what it is worth. FiveThirtyEight gave Trump roughly a 30% chance at winning. That is wayyyy higher than others. They also described the scenario we got as a possibility. I think they still remain one of the better sources. They can only go by the data they are given and the polls were very wrong in a few states. I bet the LA times is feeling smug this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is now FREE over on UPLAY.
If you don't own it on UPLAY, go grab it.

Link to go get it:
https://club.ubisoft.com/en-GB/ubi30
If you have it on Steam, don't you have to play through Uplay anyway? Does getting it on Uplay do something else for you?

I'm pretty despondent today. I was F5ing FiveThiryEight (which is dead to me) on my laptop while playing so I felt the disappointment real time. Add to that the fact we lost that t-rex and it was a pretty shitty night overall. Might take a break from bro-nights for a bit just to get my frustration out killing Norks because being racist towards others is always a good solution.
I was playing The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone halfheartedly while watching a stream of MSNBC. Different method, same result.

I think I've pretty much given up on the idea that my vote means anything or actually being an active participant in civic affairs. It's taken 44 years but I've finally reached the same level of cynicism about politics that my brother achieved about 30 years ago. All it took was a person to win the highest office in the land who was as supremely unqualified as anyone who has run in the history of our nation--and with the sleaziest, most despicable character as a charming bonus.

This shit feels eerily like a death in the family.  I can forget about it for short periods but then I remember and all of the anger and despair washes over me again. 

For what it is worth. FiveThirtyEight gave Trump roughly a 30% chance at winning. That is wayyyy higher than others. They also described the scenario we got as a possibility. I think they still remain one of the better sources. They can only go by the data they are given and the polls were very wrong in a few states. I bet the LA times is feeling smug this morning.
I mean I don't necessarily blame Nate Silver for what happened, but the whole site/concept is based off the fact that data and statistics should/could be good indicators of the probability of something happening. Implicit in that idea is that the data/source of your numbers is reliable, which was clearly not the case here and Silver even admitted as much later in the night when they rolled out a new formula and admitted that polling had been unreliable.

I would have been fine had they, from the jump, put a big disclaimer about the polling. I don't forgive them for relying on data they weren't really sure about and then admitting as much after the fact. Sure, the polls were wrong, but it wasn't necessarily a surprise to anyone. Polls had been unpredictably fluctuating this entire time and way too close in certain states.

I wasn't surprised with the outcome, I thought it was a very real possibility given the climate of this country.

Sort of amusing considering the Silver/Wang slap fight the day before. Truth be told, "more right" isn't worth much when these are the results.

This isn't a political forum so I'm not getting too much into it since this is one of the places I've gone to to escape all that. Best solace I have is knowing we'll vote again in four years and I am fortunate enough to have the insulating effect of living in a (still) blue state.

I was in NYC last night and that was a weird place to be. It wasnt fun, but had friends around us so at least there was that. Nothing has changed other than a new team has the baton. Hillary won the popular vote.

Everyone had this wrong. It's our Brexit. Even the RNC's own internal polling had it wrong. The mainstream media are a stain on this country. This ultimately could be a good thing for the country in that it has destroyed conventional wisdom in virtually all respects. The establishment GOP have been getting hammered for years and the Democrats just took it all in one night. Time for the emergence of something new.

This is disconcerting though. I get the animosity so many have for the establishment, but seeing photos of the KKK celebrating on highway overpasses this morning and knowing that our VP-elect believes that electroshock therapy is a cure for gay people, its going to be a harrowing time in the very near future.

I was in NYC last night and that was a weird place to be. It wasnt fun, but had friends around us so at least there was that. Nothing has changed other than a new team has the baton. Hillary won the popular vote.

Everyone had this wrong. It's our Brexit. Even the RNC's own internal polling had it wrong.

This ultimately could be a good thing for the country in that it has destroyed conventional wisdom in virtually all respects. The establishment GOP have been getting hammered for years and the Democrats just took it all in one night. Time for the emergence of something new.

This is disconcerting though. I get the animosity so many have for the establishment, but seeing photos of the KKK celebrating on highway overpasses this morning and knowing that our VP-elect believes that electroshock therapy is a cure for gay people, its going to be a harrowing time in the very near future.
I've more-or-less said my piece already, which was more than most people wanted to hear, but if you think this doesn't change anything, you're very wrong. Rs now control both houses of Congress, the executive branch, and soon will have a right-leaning Supreme Court to rubber-stamp controversial laws and lower-court rulings. Whether you're of the opinion that it's good or bad, last night's results represent a historic and dramatic change in how we will be governed for at least the next two years and repercussions may last for decades.

I've more-or-less said my piece already, which was more than most people wanted to hear, but if you think this doesn't change anything, you're very wrong. Rs now control both houses of Congress, the executive branch, and soon will have a right-leaning Supreme Court to rubber-stamp controversial laws and lower-court rulings. Whether you're of the opinion that it's good or bad, last night's results represent a historic and dramatic change in how we will be governed for at least the next two years and repercussions may last for decades.
My comment wasn't meant in respect to actual policy. It was meant in terms of the vitriol and how the country is severely divided. Its now the left that will be vilifying the right....again. However, the vitriol from the left will be 10000x that it was during the Bush years. Obviously, specific aspects are going to change, but I didnt want to get into a policy discussion. Its my fault for not being clearer. And obviously, I agree.

That being said, Climate Change is now fucking dead in this country, maybe even the world. As far as Im concerned, the policy changes that Trump and his looncrew will institute will pale in comparison. History will ultimately judge them and the people of this country for letting it happen.

History will judge them, but for not as long since we'll be extinct far sooner without any action on climate change.  

That's the one thing most people don't realize is a huge issue.  Meanwhile you have clowns being elected that believe it's a hoax by the Chinese.  

And yeah, what people don't realize is with congress and the supreme court, we're majorly fucked for decades.  We can only hope things don't get overturned and we avoid major decisions in the coming years, but that's a slim chance.  I expect women and LGBQT and Muslims to suffer the most.  POC will just keep suffering at the pace we have been.  I expect an uptick in civil arrest and terrorist attacks.  

And I'm Mexican, so I expect more BS than I usually receive, especially living in GA.  

Local pizza chain is offering a free pizza today.  My plan was to be a celebratory glutton today, but now it's just going to be a sad session of emotional eating.  Still getting my pizza though.  

Oh, and yeah, this is the Steam thread, but you know what?  fuck rules cause fucking rules wins you elections so yeah, fuck rules right in the asshole.  

And yeah, what people don't realize is with congress and the supreme court, we're majorly fucked for decades. We can only hope things don't get overturned and we avoid major decisions in the coming years, but that's a slim chance. I expect women and LGBQT and Muslims to suffer the most. POC will just keep suffering at the pace we have been. I expect an uptick in civil arrest and terrorist attacks.

And I'm Mexican, so I expect more BS than I usually receive, especially living in GA.
This is what Im most worried about. As a white male I know generally I personally dont have too much to worry about and Ill come out fine in the end. Im most worried for all my gay, muslim, indian (because racist assholes dont understand the difference between middle eastern and indian), mexican, and black friends. This has vindicated all the racists and assholes out there that they were right all along and I do hope that shit doesnt get out of hand. They already had troubles going to predominantly red states, I cant imagine what it will be like now

As one (very non partisan) analyst pointed out, this now gives russia and china free reign for at least 1-2 years as well. Since now we will spend at least 1 year thinking WTF and being amazed at all the stupid crap that happens and even longer looking at retarded policies as they come through.

So anyone buy Memories:Dogma CODE:1? I love supporting visual novels, but I've heard it's one route out of a few and maybe not substantial enough for the price? Just curious is all.

While you guys are going at it... Might want to toss some blame back at the Democratic Party for sabotaging candidates with a better chance of beating Thump.

(Sanders was polling better than Clinton if you all have forgotten.)

:popcorn:

While you guys are going at it... Might want to toss some blame back at the Democratic Party for sabotaging candidates with a better chance of beating Thump.

(Sanders was polling better than Clinton if you all have forgotten.)

:popcorn:
If only Sander got more votes in the primaries...

but if hypotheticals and hindsight makes you feel better, I'm not going to get in your way of your circlejerking

kapitein.jpg

You guys are hilarious. Nothing will change. Trump isn't going to nuke anyone. The world is going to continue to spin and revolve around the sun. I watched the media try to spin the drop in the stock market futures last night into a new recession (it was just an unexpected shock) but today the DOW is up almost 200 pts... with a lot of that coming in health industry stocks since Obamacare is dead. 

You guys are hilarious. Nothing will change. Trump isn't going to nuke anyone. The world is going to continue to spin and revolve around the sun. I watched the media try to spin the drop in the stock market futures last night into a new recession (it was just an unexpected shock) but today the DOW is up almost 200 pts... with a lot of that coming in health industry stocks since Obamacare is dead.
Must be nice to be so privileged.

If only Sander got more votes in the primaries...

but if hypotheticals and hindsight makes you feel better, I'm not going to get in your way of your circlejerking.
I personally don't give a fuck... And I'm fully on record as saying a choice between Clinton and Trump s like being given the choice between drowning and being set on fire. Both suck something awful and neither is a real choice.

(That said I do enjoy ironic humor and love to point it out.)

When you say "nothing will change," what exactly do you mean?

Trump NOT nuking a country is a very LOW bar to set for a world leader.

I do believe things will change in the US, just that some people will experience more changes than others.

• Do I think US economic will slow down? Yes but I'll be happy to be wrong
  • Do I think the US dollar be lesser in the upcoming years (like when it was equal to the Canadian dollar under GWB)? maybe but I'll be happy if I was wrong
  • Do I think the US debt is going to balloon under GOP and Trump policies? Yes but I'll be happy if I was wrong and the US were to have a surplus from a booming economy like under Bill Clinton
  • With a Trump and GOP congress, I'm very happy (and privileged) to NOT be the following:
  1. Black
  2. LGBT
  3. a woman
  4. muslim
In any case, with Trump as US president-elect...I'm rooting for his success.

Because I'm an American and I would rather have a stronger country with a leader that I didn't like and didn't support who surprised everyone and ended up being a good President than having 4 shitty years and a weaker United States.

Yea, the health care industry making even more money is exactly what this country needs. Other Trump stocks include private prisons, big banks, insurance companies, and infrastructure related companies. Only the last of those would I consider to be a good thing. There is no denying the infrastructure in this country needs work.

That said, I am white, male, straight, and my portfolio is up almost twice the S&P today. The sky is not falling for me.

Sad that it came down to the two nominees it did but I don't see how Trump is going to be drastically worse than Hillary would have been. Hopefully racism doesn't flare up and become worse than it is but at least we won't have rainbow lights at the white house. (not anti gay/lesbian but that is just retarded)

fuck, I have to hear this crap on the radio, news, toilet stall, ect...

Can't we just talk about cheap games that we'll never play?

God damn....did I accidentally wander into the HuffPo forums?  

...Yep, sun came up today....Trump 1, Shillary 0, Giant Meteor 0.

I have a strong suspicion the sun will also come out tomorrow.

I suppose I could go out and burn some garbage, the flag, or loot n pillage me a new flat screen, but what the fuck would that do except destroy the neighborhood I live in and make me look like a grade A douchenozzle.

Dems.  Your party is fucked up.  Put your big boy pants on, stop crying and field someone better than god damn Shillary, maybe you'd win.

Repubs.  Your party is fucked up. Field someone better than Trump, but that would rely on swinging more moderate than Ultra-Right-Wing blah-de-blah.  You did win, so you got that going for you.

For me, a moderate (probably more so socially than fiscally), whatever that means, the two party system sucks, but any attempt at a third party is doomed to wacko-ism, or will be crushed by the two Washington insider juggernauts.   

My only hope is that Trump isn't part of the established Establishment and will try to bring moderation......yeah, tall order...we'll see...

Before you respond to this with links as to how Trump is part of the Establishment already, whatever.  I'll send you some wikileaks links on Shillary.

Actually, I'm really hoping someone will report all of these political posts and a mod will sweep in and delete them all, mine included.  Then we can get back to important things like Tebow's mom, Fox's zombie fetish and Slidecage trying to buy Steam cards in the Cesspool for $0.15.  Now there's an entrepreneur!

Peace out!

So... on a gaming note.

Target actually shipped both PS4 copies of Dishonored 2 Limited Edition to me. These were from the $20 glitch pre-order pricing back in early 2016 November 2015. They arrived this morning! 

Truly, today is just a disaster.

:whee:

So... on a gaming note.

Target actually shipped both PS4 copies of Dishonored 2 to me. These were from the $20 glitch pre-order pricing back in early 2016. They arrived this morning!

Truly, today is just a disaster.

:whee:
Riported for talking about gaming in the Political thread!

Double-riported about talking about PS4 in the former Steam now the Political Thread.

COMMIE TRAITOR!

Yea, the health care industry making even more money is exactly what this country needs.
Going to be honest... The heathcare industry is ALWAYS going to turn a profit.

Anyhow, I'm out. I got to get to bed but someone make sure the lights are left on after the thread gets nuked.

(I want to make sure I make it back home.)

I won't get too deep into politics, but our views on Russia are very different from what's really going on. Remember the Red Scare and the Cold War? That's what's happening in America right now. Crimea voted to join the Russian Federation in 2014. We've spent the last 15 years building bases in mainland Asia which can serve as outposts for military excursions into Russia or China, whom surpasses us in production thanks to our corporations outsourcing to them for bigger profit margins. Why do we own Alaska and Hawaii? Why do we control Guam and American Samoa? We invaded the Philippines because we wanted to fight Spain for Cuba in 1898, based on a lie that Spain blew up our ship. Does that fucking make sense to you?

"Russia and China will have free reign" is a stupid statement, stop drinking the Kool-Aid. We're the ones who've had free reign over the entire world for decades. We're currently bombing 7 countries, and North Korea has declared war against us already. Do you really think we need to declare war on Russia and China, too? How is the country that's been in war for 92% of its existence the GOOD one? People who believe in that better be on the fucking front lines with their warmongering bullshit, dying first for a globalized American economy. It's not about human rights violations--shit, we bombed a building full of CHILDREN in Syria and then acted pissy when other countries told us it was unacceptable. I didn't see the same outrage when Bill struck a deal with the Middle East (who are all terrorists and that's why we're bombing 5 of their countries, remember) to get oil for super cheap.

I guess I'm just a Soviet spy. Come on over to my house and paint a red X on my door and have the Pinkertons brutally interrogate me already.

I won't get too deep into politics, but our views on Russia are very different from what's really going on. Remember the Red Scare and the Cold War? That's what's happening in America right now. Crimea voted to join the Russian Federation in 2014. We've spent the last 15 years building bases in mainland Asia which can serve as outposts for military excursions into Russia or China, whom surpasses us in production thanks to our corporations outsourcing to them for bigger profit margins. Why do we own Alaska and Hawaii? Why do we control Guam and American Samoa? We invaded the Philippines because we wanted to fight Spain for Cuba in 1898, based on a lie that Spain blew up our ship. Does that fucking make sense to you?

"Russia and China will have free reign" is a stupid statement, stop drinking the Kool-Aid. We're the ones who've had free reign over the entire world for decades. We're currently bombing 7 countries, and North Korea has declared war against us already. Do you really think we need to declare war on Russia and China, too? How is the country that's been in war for 92% of its existence the GOOD one? People who believe in that better be on the fucking front lines with their warmongering bullshit, dying first for a globalized American economy. It's not about human rights violations--shit, we bombed a building full of CHILDREN in Syria and then acted pissy when other countries told us it was unacceptable. I didn't see the same outrage when Bill struck a deal with the Middle East (who are all terrorists and that's why we're bombing 5 of their countries, remember) to get oil for super cheap.

I guess I'm just a Soviet spy. Come on over to my house and paint a red X on my door and have the Pinkertons brutally interrogate me already.
Riported for being a deplorable!

bread's done
Back