Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Broken Sword 4 isn't on Steam, is it?
Nope. They were talking about trying to bring it to Steam like two years ago but it hasn't happened. It is on GOG though.

Broken Sword 2's in the Humble, right? I'm hoping they add the others as BTA bonuses.
Only 1 and 5 are on Android as far as I know. I don't see 5 being a bonus unfortunately.

Nope. They were talking about trying to bring it to Steam like two years ago but it hasn't happened. It is on GOG though.

Only 1 and 5 are on Android as far as I know. I don't see 5 being a bonus unfortunately.
I've gotten both Broken Sword 1 and 2 to work on my Android tablet using ScummVM and the Steam files.

While catching up on the thread this morning I was tickled to notice that you can't spell "MysterD" without the letters D, R and M.

Furthermore, if 'e were from Yorkshire like, an anagram would be "Yes t' DRM!".

P.s. Japan is in Japan you sillies.
Backwards it's DRM with "etsy" in the middle, DRetsyM. Because DRM is totally a move backwards for consumers and I guess he ain't no fan of etsy either?

Namco think they're Capcom.
A Dib avatar? You know what this means. You and the Invader Zim avatar must fight to the death!

Eh, save your pennies and just get it here. Or troll the Steam trade thread--IIRC they've all been bundled except for 4 and 5.
Eh, I already bought in at $1, and I'm locked at a $3.45 BTA. $2.45 is around the price of Broken Sword 1 in this sale, so it'd be neat if it was a BTA bonus making the rest just gravy (as I have none of the games, no surprise there). I'd just pick up 3 on the cheap later.

Didn't know Broken Sword 3 was on Android. Damn. Thanks for letting me know, yeah I doubt 5 will be a BTA bonus (unless Humble feels super nice?)

Not just Dib - Future Dib! From a future in which he has already defeated Zim.

Edit - Where does the Gir avatar fit in?
Haha, you're right. There is a person with a Gir avatar (I see him/her in the 3DS eshop thread all the time). Who's the user with the Invader Zim one, again?

What happened to Ace Combat no longer being 7.xx???
Capcom realized the horrible mistake they made in porting the wrong Ace Combat to PC, and immediately delisted the game. Ace Combat 6 PC port is out next week. :bouncy:

Irrational advice needed.

I have the Mass Effect trilogy (bought seperately) on Origin already.  I also have a Mass Effect Trilogy Origin key.  Do I activate the key to acquire the only non-cosmetic DLC I'm missing (Pinnacle Station) even though it has never interested me in the slightest and is terribly cost ineffective, but is the only way to now get said DLC and I'm a Mass Effect addict.  Or do I do something else with the key?

I have the Mass Effect trilogy (bought seperately) on Origin already. I also have a Mass Effect Trilogy Origin key. Do I activate the key to acquire the only non-cosmetic DLC I'm missing (Pinnacle Station) even though it has never interested me in the slightest and is terribly cost ineffective, but is the only way to now get said DLC and I'm a Mass Effect addict. Or do I do something else with the key?
Just activate it. It's something you'll love and you'll at least have it.

I have the Mass Effect trilogy (bought seperately) on Origin already. I also have a Mass Effect Trilogy Origin key. Do I activate the key to acquire the only non-cosmetic DLC I'm missing (Pinnacle Station) even though it has never interested me in the slightest and is terribly cost ineffective, but is the only way to now get said DLC and I'm a Mass Effect addict. Or do I do something else with the key?
Sell the key to buy some good games.

Trade the key for a Garrus body pillow.

Why didn't you get the Pinnacle Station during the free Origin sale?

Make another Origin account and activate it to that. Play Pinnacle Station and then when you're done I'll buy the account from you for cheap.

Sell the key to buy some good games.
buffy+glare+gif.gif

Trade the key for a Garrus body pillow.
A full set with a double sided Liara/Kasumi body, Samara and Tali head pillows, a Miranda throw pillow and Jack as of those kinky wedge shaped pillows and you got yourself a deal.

Why didn't you get the Pinnacle Station during the free Origin sale?
I figured I'd get it later. (Procrastination finally backfires.)

when you're done
HSmWMg2.gif

Don't give it to spoder

So, elder scrolls online is getting surprisingly solid reviews so far. I fully expected it to completely bomb based on what i'd heard beforehand, but it's at an 83/7.0 on metacritic right now.

Don't plan on buying it anytime soon, but still, interesting.

Critics were well paid.  Co-op Skyrim is what it is, which is fine... to an extent.  Subscriptions will dry up fairly soon.

So, elder scrolls online is getting surprisingly solid reviews so far. I fully expected it to completely bomb based on what i'd heard beforehand, but it's at an 83/7.0 on metacritic right now.

Metacritic is the gold standard by which games are judged, and reviewers like IGN and Gamespot are the most trustworthy early reviewers in the business.

It's not bad. It's nicely streamlined. Launch isn't really make or break... staying power is. What will the playerbase be in 3 months?

Game's barely even launched (just today) and only 7 critics reviewed it (on the PC). Kinda early to call it on reviews here - since it's a MMO. I'd guess reviewers will fully review this soon - and likely, on real live servers players will be playing on.

EDIT:

Given what I played in the Beta that weekend a few weekends back, I think the real problem w/ ESO for many gamers is that it's not really a MMO, yet not really a Elder Scrolls SP game (and I doubt ESO will officially support mods or be "modded" like crazy, as well(. It's somewhere in the middle - tries to be a Jack of all Trades, but it's really a Master of NONE. And, oh yeah - the first 10 hours or so, it was overall quite mediocre and boring to me.

Game's barely even launched (just today) and only 7 critics reviewed it (on the PC). Kinda early to call it on reviews here - since it's a MMO. I'd guess reviewers will fully review this soon - and likely, on real live servers players will be playing on.
notice i said so far, and that it didn't completely bomb as i had anticipated.

not "Welp, 3728764 reviews are in and elder scrolls looks legit"

LOL silly toaster

MysterD also likes to comment on giant install sizes.
[customspoiler='cough']overcompensating[/customspoiler]

notice i said so far, and that it didn't completely bomb as i had anticipated.

not "Welp, 3728764 reviews are in and elder scrolls looks legit"
Well, you know - ESO scores a 94% on PC Gamer, you know the fix is in. ;)

EDIT:

Well, I don't know how much ESO been overhauled since the Beta a few weekends back.

If ESO gets much better + more exciting after players get out of the first 10 hours, then I'll be damned.

{shrug}

But, it shouldn't take 10 hours for a game to decide if it wants to get good, TBH.

Well, you know - ESO scores a 94% on PC Gamer, you know the fix is in. ;)

EDIT:

Well, I don't know how much ESO been overhauled since the Beta a few weekends back.

If ESO gets much better + more exciting after players get out of the first 10 hours, then I'll be damned.

{shrug}

But, it shouldn't take 10 hours for a game to decide if it wants to get good, TBH.
based on what little i've read, there's been improvement made since the beta

agreed on the ten hour thing though

Yes, I was referencing his prior discussion of it. But thank you for explaining the fact to me anyway. Oh, Idiot. :roll:
wutevar

I hate when I intend to play a game on friday evening but forget to install it before heading to the gym. Well, we'll try this again tomorrow Arkham Origins. I'll bring the beer.

I hate when I intend to play a game on friday evening but forget to install it before heading to the gym. Well, we'll try this again tomorrow Arkham Origins. I'll bring the beer.
why do you waste time at gyms when you could be building up heart disease playing video games

I've heard that ESO will be a total Secret World killer. True story.

Public Service Announcement:

The consensus on the BioShock series used to be -- don't worry too much about the order in which you play them as none of them will completely blow the story for the others. 

Forget all that now.

The new BioShock: Infinite DLC is spoilerific. The game offered to give me a quick refresher of the story and I chose YES (thinking it was a recap of the B:I story) and it proceded to blow the lid off of BioShock. 

No biggie to me since I've already played it, but I'd feel sorry for anyone taking the advice to play them out of order. Take heed!

I have some free copies of Nether Chosen pack to the first three people to quote this post.

Edit: It's all been given away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back