Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate you.

Pretty sure I speak for everyone.
This.

But also I would get the Banner Saga + DYAD combo for one of them.

From the hands-on previews I've read it's supposed to be really mediocre. Which is a fucking shame because the idea had a lot of potential, but it's just wasted.
That's what I've read thus far also, but I'm hoping the dev polishes it up before release. I think the idea does indeed have some terrific potential.

Well, in that case the disconnect was in the WGN posting then because I don't recall seeing this when I originally signed up for it. I still think its sort of a shady thing to do. They're trading votes for games, they shouldn't be making it difficult for people to get their game since they got all those votes for it.
There was a link to the full info but I know the majority of people won't read that.

I understand though and believe me, I'm not looking forward to answering the mass of people who email/add me after but I think that it's only fair that I do.

Well, its official!  Google Fiber is coming to my neighborhood...  We got the 200 needed sign ups.  I'm pretty much going to get it I imagine, its the only way to avoid the TWC/Chatter mega ISP that's coming...  but there's one problem.  No AMC on their TV package. :whistle2:(

y u scam

EDIT: A lot of Steam keys for The Bridge are being given away here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/woahdude/comments/23adni/the_bridge_featured_gamefree_steam_keys/

Make sure you suggest a game that's not on their "featured" list, and hasn't been suggested by anyone else yet.
Thanks Spoder. 900 comments and no one mentioned El Shaddai or Prey, so that was easy enough. :p

Technically neither are on Steam (both on 360), but Prey is on PC at least, so I put down both just in case.

Steam version of Prey when?

Activates on Steam, huh? Neat. Kinda annoying you can't buy it off Steam, but maybe I'll go get a retail PC copy now so I can ditch the console version.

Thanks spoder. 900 comments and no one mentioned El Shaddai or Prey, so that was easy enough. :p

Technically neither are on Steam (both on 360), but Prey is on PC at least, so I put down both just in case.
Prey is on Steam, just not on the Steam store. All physical copies activate on Steam

Prey the first game I got steam. Never played.

License Prey Retail (217):
 - State   : Active( flags 0 ) - Purchased : Sun Mar 04 10:37:16 2007 in "FI", CD Key

New Lazy Guys Bundle - Night Sky

15 Games for $2.99 minimum - 1 Steam, 14 Desura (13 Greenlight, with promise of Steam keys)

• Huntsman - The Orphanage (Steam)
  • Micron (Desura, Greenlit)
  • Wimp: Who Stole My Pants? (Desura, Greenlit)
  • Project Night (Desura, Greenlit)
  • Inescapable (Desura, Greenlit)
  • Al Emmo and The Lost Dutchman's Mine Enhanced (Desura, Greenlight)
  • Man in a Maze! (Desura, Greenlight)
  • Way To Go! (Desura, Greenlight)
  • Pathogen Wars (Desura)
  • Evopolution (Desura, Greenlight)
  • Rhythm Destruction (Desura, Greenlight)
  • Gran Vitreous (Desura, Greenlight)
  • Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 - Tides of Fate + DLC (Desura, Greenlight)
  • Another Perspective (Desura, Greenlight)
  • Radium (Desura, Greenlight)
Ends in about 16 1/2 days at time of posting (5/4).

15 Games for $2.99 minimum - 1 Steam, 14 Desura (13 Greenlight, with promise of Steam keys)

• Pathogen Wars (Desura)
  • Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 - Tides of Fate (Desura, Greenlight)
11 repeats.. is that a new record?

I think only Way to Go, Evopolution, Gran Vitreous, and Radium are new (I don't count Groupees Spotlights as bundles). The only interesting thing about the bundle to me is that the top 3 contributors get $60 (in total) in steam wallet, but this could mean its split.. which would mean $20 steam wallet for each person lol.

There was a link to the full info but I know the majority of people won't read that.

I understand though and believe me, I'm not looking forward to answering the mass of people who email/add me after but I think that it's only fair that I do.
If I were you, I would refer them to the dev since it really is on them, but I know you can't do that so it does suck for you. I mean, hopefully it will go smoothly and a ton of people in the group just want keys to trade or put up on Steamgifts so there is abuse.

• Pathogen Wars (Desura)
  • Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 - Tides of Fate + DLC (Desura, Greenlight)
I still haven't gotten keys from their Pure Light bundle. Coincidentally, e-mailed them a few hours ago about it and now this. :p Holy crap though, that's a lot of Desura keys..

Gamefly is having a Sega Sale this weekend, up to 75% off.

Games include:

• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - $4.99 (75% off)
  • The Cave - $3.75 (75% off)
  • Sonic Generations - $7.49 (75% off)
  • Castle of Illusion - $4.99 (67% off)
  • Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit -$3.75 (75% off)
  • Aliens Colonial Marines - $4.99 (75% off)
  • Crazy Taxi - $2.25 (75% off) (Not Steam)
  • Typing of the Dead Overkill - $6.79 (66% off)
All activate on Steam, except for Crazy Taxi.

Also for the weekend,

Use APR20OFF at checkout for an additional 20% off if you spend more than $10, or APR15OFF for 15% off with no minimum.  (UKAPR20OFF / UKAPR15OFF for UK customers)

(Note: GMG is having a similar sale on Sega and TS2014 titles as part of their 7 Days of Deals sale, so check there if you have GMG credit to spend.)

Gamefly is having a Sega Sale this weekend, up to 75% off.

Games include:

• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - $4.99 (75% off)
  • The Cave - $3.75 (75% off)
  • Sonic Generations - $7.49 (75% off)
  • Castle of Illusion - $4.99 (67% off)
  • Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit -$3.75 (75% off)
  • Crazy Taxi - $2.25 (75% off) (Not Steam)
  • Typing of the Dead Overkill - $6.79 (66% off)
Also, Gamefly has a TS 2014: Train Simulator and DLC sale this weekend for 50% off.

All activate on Steam, except for Crazy Taxi.

Use APR20OFF at checkout for an additional 20% off if you spend more than $10, or APR15OFF for 15% off with no minimum. (UKAPR20OFF / UKAPR15OFF for UK customers)

(Note: GMG is having a similar sale on Sega and TS2014 titles as part of their 7 Days of Deals sale, so check there if you have GMG credit to spend.)
Damnit Sega, not one, but TWO half-assed sales?

Only interesting one is Castle but the voucher restriction ruins it.

Edit: Did you forget Colonial Marines or was it omitted on purpose? :p

Cross posting from the GOG thread:

I've had the first two Divinity games (Divine and Beyond) on my GOG wishlist for a while now and am "this" close to buying them.  Does anyone own these on Steam?  I'm curious if it matters where I buy them or if the DRM free versions are the better purchase.

Cross posting from the GOG thread:

I've had the first two Divinity games (Divine and Beyond) on my GOG wishlist for a while now and am "this" close to buying them. Does anyone own these on Steam? I'm curious if it matters where I buy them or if the DRM free versions are the better purchase.
Though I prefer to have older games like those DRM free (as steam offers no added benefits in those cases), you do miss out on an extra discount for Dragon Commander on steam that way. It even adds the extra discount when the game is already discounted in the first place. I'm not sure whether it's the same case with Original Sin.

Though I prefer to have older games like those DRM free (as steam offers no added benefits in those cases), you do miss out on an extra discount for Dragon Commander on steam that way. It even adds the extra discount when the game is already discounted in the first place. I'm not sure whether it's the same case with Original Sin.
Interesting. I didn't consider that angle. I am seeing a 10% discount on DC but nothing on OS right now.

Daily Deal
Next Car Game - $29.99 $20.09

Random Deals
Arma II Complete Collection - $39.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes]

[/customspoiler]
Interplanetary - $9.99 $4.99
Salvation Prophecy - $19.99 $4.99
ReignMaker - $14.99 $9.99
FATE - $7.99 $1.99
Great, now I'm interested in like 3 of these. I'm not a fan of Early Access stuff, but $5 for a space game is hard to pass up.

Daily Deal
Next Car Game - $29.99 $20.09

Random Deals
Arma II Complete Collection - $39.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes]

[/customspoiler]
Interplanetary - $9.99 $4.99
Salvation Prophecy - $19.99 $4.99
ReignMaker - $14.99 $9.99
FATE - $7.99 $1.99
Can't they just sell an Arma 2 bundle of the stuff I don't have for $5? :wall:

Just finished Far Cry 3. The whole game is terrible. All that saves it is the most charismatic main character that's ever been in a video game.

On a scale of Garry Coleman to Gary Busey I give it 84 Sno-Cones 

Just finished Far Cry 3. The whole game is terrible. All that saves it is the most charismatic main character that's ever been in a video game.

Maybe you should give it a second playthrough just to be sure, Mooby.

MysterD, is that you?
Well, I'm the human version of MysterD, so sure. :bouncy:

But yeah, I have Arma 2 and OP Arrowhead, and I just want the other 3 expansions for $5 instead of $6.75. :wall:

CoD: BO2 PC was $10 once at Microcenter.

CoD: BO2 is one of the better CoD's in recent years since CoD: MW2, if you ask me.
Eh, I enjoyed Black Ops 1 more. 2 just used way too much of the pre-existing BO assets for me to stomach it aside from Zombies.

MW3 was still worse though.

LOL @ Garry Coleman reference.

Wait - are you The Postal Dude?

EDIT:

Well, I'm the human version of MysterD, so sure. :bouncy:

But yeah, I have Arma 2 and OP Arrowhead, and I just want the other 3 expansions for $5 instead of $6.75. :wall:

Eh, I enjoyed Black Ops 1 more. 2 just used way too much of the pre-existing BO assets for me to stomach it aside from Zombies.

MW3 was still worse though.
Oh, God - why would anyone wanna be the human version of MysterD?

Anyways...

I actually ain't played BO1. That could be part of it.

I have played COD1 + UO; COD 2; COD 4; COD: MW2 + MW3; and COD: BO2.

EDIT 2:

I preferred BO2 over MW3, for sure.

I did play COD:G's MP over that Free Weekend - didn't care for it, that much. Wasn't super-fond of many of the maps, either.

Larian are known to speak and be against DRM.

I'm sure though that some Larian games - especially recent ones - on Steam often DO NOT come w/ Steam's CEG DRM.

In other words - they should be able to boot up directly from EXE file in the game-folder, while Steam's closed - and Steam won't boot up at all.

IIRC, someone - I think it was Neuro5i5 - said Dragon Commander can be booted w/out Steam going.

Not sure on how saving works for those - ain't looked into it.

I do recall people who bought Div 2: DKS, they could've got the DRM-LESS EXE replacement from Larian's boards (not sure if it's still up) - and just rename or replace Steam's EXE for that and insert the DRM-LESS EXE.

I should check Div 2: DC, since I got that on Steam. I just ain't DL'ed it. Call me lazy.

EDIT:
Oh, God - why would anyone wanna be the human version of MysterD?

Anyways...

I actually ain't played BO1. That could be part of it.

I have played COD1 + UO; COD 2; COD 4; COD: MW2 + MW3; and COD: BO2.

EDIT 2:

I preferred BO2 over MW3, for sure.

I did play COD:G's MP over that Free Weekend - didn't care for it, that much. Wasn't super-fond of many of the maps, either.
Because since you're a Cylon, you're based on a human that already exists? :p We're a bit similar, tbh.

I've only played CoD2, 4, WaW, MW2, BlOps and a little bit of MW3/BlOps2. It looks like they're kind of trying with Ghosts, but only because sales slumped so damn much in comparison to BlOps2. People are finally getting burnt out like they did with Guitar Hero.

The DLC looks neat at least (Michael Myers (in before joke), Predator, Snoop Dogg? :whistle2:& )

I appreciate the manuever to have a third dev working on CoD games so each game cooks in the oven a little longer (as it should), but I don't think Sledgehammer is a good enough dev. It took them and the broken remains of Infinity Ward to make the mess that was MW3 and they reward that with giving them each a separate project? It's a move that reeks of desperation, not intent to make a quality product.

Well, I'm the human version of MysterD, so sure. [bouncy Crime Against Humanity redacted]
Ooh, finally a MysterD I can jab with a fork!

PSA: Don't stick forks in toasters!

I should check Div 2: DC, since I got that on Steam. I just ain't DL'ed it. Call me lazy.
Doesn't it eat at you, not knowing if your steam version of Div 2 DC is DRM-FREE or not? How can you tie your shoelaces without thinking about it?

Because since you're a Cylon, you're based on a human that already exists? :p We're a bit similar, tbh.

I've only played CoD2, 4, WaW, MW2, BlOps and a little bit of MW3/BlOps2. It looks like they're kind of trying with Ghosts, but only because sales slumped so damn much in comparison to BlOps2. People are finally getting burnt out like they did with Guitar Hero.

The DLC looks neat at least (Michael Myers (in before joke), Predator, Snoop Dogg? :whistle2:& )

I appreciate the manuever to have a third time so each game cooks in the oven a little longer (as it should), but I don't think Sledgehammer is a good enough dev. It took them and the broken remains of Infinity Ward to make the mess that was MW3 and they reward that with giving them each a separate project? It's a move that reeks of desperation, not intent to make a quality product.
While I think the COD:G voice-over w/ Snoop does sound kinda slick...

...I really wish they'd actually put together some decent maps for the MP!

B/c really - the MP is what COD games really thrive on.

It's never been the SP's that I got sick of w/ the COD games - they ain't long enough in the first place to get tired of them SP campaigns, anyways.

Seriously - the COD:G Maps from that Free Weekend, they weren't that good or great. I think the only one I liked was the open-area one w/ all the stones and houses to battle through.

Hey guys,

Not only do we not play games here, but we definitely do not play this sort of mainstream BS.  If you want to talk about COD why don't you go to your neighborhood gamestop?

Hey guys,

Not only do we not play games here, but we definitely do not play this sort of mainstream BS. If you want to talk about COD why don't you go to your neighborhood gamestop?
Who the hell wants to hang out at GameStop?

They barely sell PC games anymore.

Anyways - if you want, we could talk about something else.

What about...

Mars: War Logs?

The Precursors?

White Gold (AKA Xenus 2)?

Any other suggestions?

Anyways - if you want, we could talk about something else.

What about...

Mars: War Logs?

The Precursors?

White Gold (AKA Xenus 2)?

Any other suggestions?
how about battlefield? that's nothing like COD.

Speaking of GameStop, they were having a few digital sales this week (Telltale, PixelJunk) but then I saw the part about requiring you to install their GameStop App on top of whatever other DRM the game has. Yea... nope.

no-no-no-HELL-NO.gif

Just regular snow cones.... not [customspoiler="Pickle Dilly X-treme Snow Cones"]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oh8Z4j8Lc0[/customspoiler]?
Words fail me...

Is it just my hearing or are they adding bottled mucus at the end?

Speaking of GameStop, they were having a few digital sales this week (Telltale, PixelJunk) but then I saw the part about requiring you to install their GameStop App on top of whatever other DRM the game has. Yea... nope.

no-no-no-HELL-NO.gif
They forced me to install their client just to retrieve the Steam key to my game, that was the first and last time I ever purchased through those guys. Horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back