Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
No More Room in Hell
Magicka: Wizard Wars
War of the Roses

Gives free drops when added to account (just like Defiance).

Hoard 'em free cards and craft during winter sale for extra sale cards (to sell).

No More Room in Hell
Devs are apparently Nazi gestapos about their Steam forum. Also they said this.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/224260/discussions/7/558749825315594954/
We No Longer Have Trading Cards

• Right now, for the foreseeable future, we no longer have trading card support.
Don't ask them about it though or they will lock your thread.

First time I ever heard of someone removing cards. It seems especially dumb since they get a cut of every transaction. But then again those devs don't seem the brightest. Probably par for the course for a zombie game.

Previously they were removed because it's a F2P game but with no microtransactions, and because you used to need to spend $9 to get a card drop in F2P games there was no way for them to allow for card drops in the past. I'm guessing Valve changed this recently, which is why they are back (the original cards were just for those who activated beta keys, and apparently were not supposed to get cards, though one wonders why there were cards made for it in the first place in that case).

Previously they were removed because it's a F2P game but with no microtransactions, and because you used to need to spend $9 to get a card drop in F2P games there was no way for them to allow for card drops in the past. I'm guessing Valve changed this recently, which is why they are back (the original cards were just for those who activated beta keys, and apparently were not supposed to get cards, though one wonders why there were cards made for it in the first place in that case).
Yes, steam is requiring F2P added to account which lets them give free drops.

If there's microtransactions base games no longer gives drops even if activated with beta key. (Tested with Loadout key - that wasn't able to activate before this, since it was always owned).

Devs are apparently Nazi gestapos about their Steam forum. Also they said this.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/224260/discussions/7/558749825315594954/

Don't ask them about it though or they will lock your thread.

First time I ever heard of someone removing cards. It seems especially dumb since they get a cut of every transaction. But then again those devs don't seem the brightest. Probably par for the course for a zombie game.
Reversion chapter 1 removed cards too.

I'm not seeing the cards back for that game on the store page and someone asked yesterday and they just locked the thread and told him to go read the FAQ which says they are gone and not coming back.

Oh well, I guess I will just stop worrying about it. I really don't want to idle shitty zombie game #8,956 even if it's to get three 7 cent cards.

I'm not seeing the cards back for that game on the store page and someone asked yesterday and they just locked the thread and told him to go read the FAQ which says they are gone and not coming back.

Oh well, I guess I will just stop worrying about it. I really don't want to idle shitty zombie game #8,956 even if it's to get three 7 cent cards.
http://steamdb.info/sub/21469/history/

This change was made about 18 hours ago.

I suppose even devs don't know. :D

jSkH9u4.png

Time to idle on all my alt accounts!

The price of the cards crashed hard, but it might be worth iding for some cents.

Edit: I wouldn't keep the No More Room cards, by the way - if the devs don't like that there's cards then they may be removed from the market and everyone's accounts, same as the Summer / Winter Sale cards, eventually.

Regarding Dex, I Kickstarted it (for 7 pounds so after conversion and fees about $12). Just got my Steam key for it. My impressions are it wants to be a sort of Simon's Quest meets Blade Runner and I can see it having that potential but it's not quite there yet. There are bugs (things going missing, quests disappearing) and Czechlish text and so forth. Combat feels kind of stiff and not so satisfying and at present you just get plopped in with no real direction.

It's one of those Early Access games that really is Early Access. I know there's some out there that are pretty much playable and they're just trying to polish some things up but this is not one of those. It could turn out to be a great game but anyone considering it (besides Snakeybro because that's a lost cause) I'd say hold off for a while and check back later on maybe.

I have one game less than I did yesterday. Buh?

Oh wait. OH WAIT. VALVE REMOVED BATTLE FOR GRAXIA FROM MY ACCOUNT!

about 19 hours ago - Removed this app from a package Steam
about 19 hours ago - Changed changenumber – 642981 › 642993
about 20 hours ago - Changed changenumber – 377436 › 642981
about 20 hours ago - Added this app to a package Battle for Graxia

HALLELUJAH! :D/ :pray: PRAISE DA GABEN!

I just got a booster pack for GEARCRACK Arena, opened it, and some how managed to get the three cards I needed to finish that badge.

Today is going to be a good day.

hurry if you want tropico 4 stuff, looks like it may be glitching at 99% off. You can buy the full collectors pack for .39
Just got it myself :)

Edit:

And might be dead. Tried to purchase more as gifts and giving me an error.

Nope, just worked again! Go go go!

Can still grab them here, got a spare collectors pack in my inventory if anyone later needs one and this goes away

Looking at the individual dlc pages they are starting to list for 85% off individually, even though the full kalypso page doesnt show that yet.  So I have a feeling thats what everything is supposed to be at

It's actually a really good game that's worth the $8 I originally paid for it.  I just bought a glitched copy to send to my friend -- if you like city-building games, it's one of the better ones out there.

I went back and bought four more. :D

Whattaglitch!

Edit: As expected, TF2Outpost is now flooded with these. Oh well!

I just got a booster pack for GEARCRACK Arena, opened it, and some how managed to get the three cards I needed to finish that badge.

Today is going to be a good day.
You know what? You were right after all. :D/

Edit: It's been 23 minutes and the glitch is still up.

I've never even had the slightest urge to play a Tropico game, but at that price, sure, why the hell not.

Glad I decided not to sleep today.

Glad I didn't get the DLC during the summer sale. Thanks to other CAGs for buying it and it showing up on my Steam feed, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Also, thanks to MNS, but I didn't read your message until after I saw it on my Steam feed.

I have to join the chorus of people that are happy this was posted. I'm getting ready for a trip, no way I would have noticed.

Worked out great for me to, I sold my first card this morning. So, it turned out pretty well. 50 cents in Tremor coins, into $3 steam credit, and now this :)

News of the glitch has already spread everywhere, so eh.

I'm gonna give away the game to some of my friends. I already gave one to an old TF2 teammate of mine, I'm sure he'll enjoy it.

Gaben locked me out of buying things again :roll:

Well, fine, I didn't need, like, 20 more Tropico's anyway :nottalking:

I hope there isn't another lovely glitch deal in the next week or so until Gaben decides to bless me with his light again.

I hope there isn't another lovely glitch deal in the next week or so until Gaben decides to bless me with his light again.
I just tried to go through the check out with something else besides Tropico 4, and I got the same error messages that I was getting when I tried to buy that 5th copy of T4. Looks Like I'm locked out of buying stuff as well.

Oy vey.

lol poor waggles and owohoo i brougth 5 one to cag wishlisted start with m hhe

I just tried to go through the check out with something else besides Tropico 4, and I got the same error messages that I was getting when I tried to buy that 5th copy of T4. Looks Like I'm locked out of buying stuff as well.

Oy vey.
i went to 5 no lockout yet

You should probably not buy any more copies, the game is probably worth as much, trade-wise, as a Gun Monkeys key by now.

Oy vey.
Yep. There is a way to reset steam by deleting most of its files, and it's worked for me before, but the last time I tried it didn't help. I guess I'm just gonna wait this lock out unless a really good deal pops up.

This is the longest running glitch ever.
Nope, I guess you missed the 23hrs long bioshock season pass 75% off glitch during winter sale. Anyway, they should fix this already. I think I already will have troubles selling my 9 copies.

Screw it.

I have three extras. You can have 'em for either 39 cents (their cost, PP gift) or their equivalent in Steam trading cards. :)

All gone or pending now.

hurry if you want tropico 4 stuff, looks like it may be glitching at 99% off. You can buy the full collectors pack for .39

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/19282/

I bought and when I refresh the pack ES doesnt show I own them, but the individual pages do
Sigh. What poor timing to choose to read some baseball blogs instead of CAG.

Anyone have an extra for me? Wow. That was fast. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back