Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition: $48.50
Batman: Arkham Asylum: $24.99
GRID: $7.49
Fallen Earth: $24.99
Far Cry 2 Fortunes Edition: $9.99
Champions Online: $19.99
Osmos: $2.00

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thebusoftheundead']Probably better off getting Battlefield 2 at amazon. It's also available at newegg for $10 with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

The Steam BF2 deal is different from the 9.99 BF2 at Newegg. Steam offers the Complete Collection for 14.99, which is 27.99 at Newegg.

Just checked the deals for the first time today, and it made me a sad panda, nothing I want but I will bite on Lucidity for 2.50 and im thinking on Prince of Persia pack

[quote name='kilm']The Steam BF2 deal is different from the 9.99 BF2 at Newegg. Steam offers the Complete Collection for 14.99, which is 27.99 at Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the complete collection isn't much of a deal anymore since the latest BF2 patch includes Battlefield 2: Euro Forces and Battlefield 2: Armored Fury for free. I guess if you want the special forces addon it's not a bad deal but I've heard it's the weakest of the addons.

[quote name='WebScud']Is BF2 worth buying purely for single-player?[/QUOTE]

In general, the Battlefield series is purely multiplayer. Unless something changed recently.

Of course Call of Duty used to be a single-player only game, so maybe I'm wrong... :roll:

[quote name='Nyxaz']In general, the Battlefield series is purely multiplayer. Unless something changed recently.

Of course Call of Duty used to be a single-player only game, so maybe I'm wrong... :roll:[/QUOTE]

What? CoD 1 had multiplayer as well....

Picked up Lucidity as I heard it was updated with some friendly checkpoints. Played the first couple levels and I love the style. Will be entertaining for ~$2.50 and is worth it enough even if I don't get around to finishing it = ).

I'm kinda glad there are no standout deals today. My wallet can't take anymore of a beating.

Too bad there are going to be more sales tomorrow...maybe Torchlight will make an appearance?

[quote name='Nyxaz']In general, the Battlefield series is purely multiplayer. Unless something changed recently.

Of course Call of Duty used to be a single-player only game, so maybe I'm wrong... :roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thebusoftheundead']Single-player is the multi-player mode with bots.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. That's the vibe I got from some brief Google searches, but no one outright said it.

Wish I had gotten KoTor a couple days ago, I was at family's house all day and just got home today. I played the whole game before, borrowed it from a friend, but I'd like to buy it and be able to play it again.

Nothing today, I guess. I've considered BF2 and Guild Wars in the past, but the former has apparently devolved to jet spam and the latter is too much of a timesink.

[quote name='carpwrist']WTF is wrong with you?[/QUOTE]

Huh?

If someone got the four pack yesterday, that's actually slightly (as in, about a dime) above the cost per copy. He might not get someone who's interested, but it's not like the price he's willing to pay is completely unreasonable.

[quote name='Nyxaz']Of course Call of Duty used to be a single-player only game, so maybe I'm wrong... :roll:[/QUOTE]
What?

[quote name='carpwrist']WTF is wrong with you?[/QUOTE]
WTF is wrong with you?

I'm tempted to buy BF 2, but I love mods for PC games, and usually the non-steam versions of games will ensure 100% compatibility with mods, while the steam versions are hit-or-miss with mods.

I picked up Lucidity, I love the art style., Thinking of getting Battlefield 2: Complete Collection.

Todays daels arent that great, I would of hopped Prince of Persia would of been 7.49-9.99 for that. World of Goo, I bought it a while back for the same price when it was weekend deal.

I am hoping for Torchlight 9.99 or lower, and Shattered Horizon for under 10bucks

Maybe it's just because I'm early into the game, but really what was with all the Lucidity hate? I'm really enjoying it so far! Great buy for $2.50!

i bought ghostbusters thats actually a pretty cool game. well worth the 10 spot. now i just wish i can get dead space PC for around 10 bucks

[quote name='oidigo1']Picking up lucidity, looks awesome visually. Gotta support indie developers too.[/QUOTE]

lol you've been tricked

Lucidity is from the same company that makes star wars, dude. If you want to be cynical about it, Lucidity is just a crass, calculated, and soullessly corporate attempt to cash in on the indie craze, developed by a gigantic publisher, but carefully marketed to appear to be an indie darling.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']lol you've been tricked

Lucidity is from the same company that makes star wars, dude. If you want to be cynical about it, Lucidity is just a crass, calculated, and soullessly corporate attempt to cash in on the indie craze, developed by a gigantic publisher, but carefully marketed to appear to be an indie darling.
[/QUOTE]

HaHa, they got me. but i bet the actual ppl who made the game are not from the dev team the made Star Wars games. Anyway hope to see SF4 soon for $10.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']so i bought thq pack, i feel ripped off. They wont let me gift STALKER[/QUOTE]

You can never gift extra copies on Steam (BEFORE ANYONE SAYS IT, yes, there are a couple exceptions for Valve games, but seriously, just forget about it). All licenses are non-transferable, period.

Also, you feel "ripped off" because you couldn't gift one little extra game that can seriously be had for like $5? Goddamn you're spoiled.

[quote name='Xealot42']I urge everyone to try the World of Goo demo on steam. It is a neat puzzle game.[/QUOTE]

World of Goo might be worth the 2 bucks I spent on it. I know that the vocal internet forum users jizz in their pants for this game, but I only found it ok. If I'm wrong then let's see the sales figures for it on how everyone actually bought it and it's making a ton of money....

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']You can never gift extra copies on Steam (BEFORE ANYONE SAYS IT, yes, there are a couple exceptions for Valve games, but seriously, just forget about it). All licenses are non-transferable, period.

Also, you feel "ripped off" because you couldn't gift one little extra game that can seriously be had for like $5? Goddamn you're spoiled.[/QUOTE]
well not ripped off, but saddened i wanted to give to my friend, and i thought it would work. It did on OB so i thought it would be the same.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']You can never gift extra copies on Steam (BEFORE ANYONE SAYS IT, yes, there are a couple exceptions for Valve games, but seriously, just forget about it). All licenses are non-transferable, period.

Also, you feel "ripped off" because you couldn't gift one little extra game that can seriously be had for like $5? Goddamn you're spoiled.[/QUOTE]

I would feel ripped off if I bought a game and couldn't gift it because I had already owned a copy. That isn't spoiled at all. Matter of fact YOU are spoiled for thinking $5 is hardly worth anything not the poster.

[quote name='oidigo1']but i bet the actual ppl who made the game are not from the dev team the made Star Wars games. Anyway hope to see SF4 soon for $10.[/QUOTE]

This specific LucasArts team first worked together on Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition, but before that, they were from all over the place, including the Force Unleashed team.

[quote name='Seventh']I would feel ripped off if I bought a game and couldn't gift it because I had already owned a copy.[/quote]
That's how Steam works, and it's the user's responsibility to know that. If you think that's being "ripped off," then don't buy on Steam.

That isn't spoiled at all. Matter of fact YOU are spoiled for thinking $5 is hardly worth anything not the poster.
In the face of hundreds of dollars worth of games for $49.99, no, $5 really isn't anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Seventh']I would feel ripped off if I bought a game and couldn't gift it because I had already owned a copy.[/quote]
That's how Steam works, and it's the user's responsibility to know that. If you think that's being "ripped off," then don't buy on Steam.

[quoteThat isn't spoiled at all. Matter of fact YOU are spoiled for thinking $5 is hardly worth anything not the poster.[/QUOTE]
In the face of hundreds of dollars worth of games for $49.99, no, $5 really isn't anything.

Ghostbusters for $10 yesterday is the best $10 I ever spent. Great game so far, and it's an excellent showcase for my new computer barring Crysis. I'm so glad I watched the two movies while I waited for it to download, too.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Ghostbusters for $10 yesterday is the best $10 I ever spent. Great game so far, and it's an excellent showcase for my new computer barring Crysis. I'm so glad I watched the two movies while I waited for it to download, too.[/QUOTE]

I have the 360 version and I loved ghostbusters, the game play is fun, but the dialog is so well written, it really feels like it could of been the third movie. I think its probably one of the best licensed games ever made if not the best.

[quote name='friedram']World of Goo might be worth the 2 bucks I spent on it. I know that the vocal internet forum users jizz in their pants for this game, but I only found it ok. If I'm wrong then let's see the sales figures for it on how everyone actually bought it and it's making a ton of money....[/QUOTE]

Ask and you shall receive. Almost. Here's the results of their Birthday sale pre-extension: http://2dboy.com/page/2/

[quote name='friedram']World of Goo might be worth the 2 bucks I spent on it. I know that the vocal internet forum users jizz in their pants for this game, but I only found it ok. If I'm wrong then let's see the sales figures for it on how everyone actually bought it and it's making a ton of money....[/QUOTE]

I agree it's a bit over-hyped, but it's a very good game. I didn't feel particularly ripped off at $15 on Wii (except that my Wii makes me feel ripped off in general) and even tossed them another $5 for the PC versions during their birthday sale.

It's well beyond me to see how you think sales figures have anything to do with quality. Lots of terrible games sell well, lots of exceptional games sell poorly.

Though you shouldn't need sales figures to see how fucking wrong you are, because measuring quality based on sales is wearing-a-football-helmet-to-school retarded.

[quote name='hpv']
Though you shouldn't need sales figures to see how fucking wrong you are, because measuring quality based on sales is wearing-a-football-helmet-to-school retarded.[/QUOTE]

That is true and Friedram needs to go to the back of the line for making that post.

Got my Left 4 Dead downloaded and installed today. I wanted to go through the single player first. The weird thing is there isn't a quick save or save current progress function. I guess you have to play ALL THE WAY through each campaign or whatever its called to save?? Kind of sucks cause I get small spurts of time to play this game and it would be nice to start where I left off.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Ghostbusters for $10 yesterday is the best $10 I ever spent. Great game so far, and it's an excellent showcase for my new computer barring Crysis. I'm so glad I watched the two movies while I waited for it to download, too.[/QUOTE]

I never knew ghostbusters was $10!

I'm on it now! thanks!

i wished i had a good computer.

all my shopping would have been done through valve and i would have just ordered one cheap game for my 360.

;_;
i got Team Fortress 2 in my account but cant play it lol

[quote name='hotwls13']Got my Left 4 Dead downloaded and installed today. I wanted to go through the single player first. The weird thing is there isn't a quick save or save current progress function. I guess you have to play ALL THE WAY through each campaign or whatever its called to save?? Kind of sucks cause I get small spurts of time to play this game and it would be nice to start where I left off.[/QUOTE]
u can choose each level thing

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']In the face of hundreds of dollars worth of games for $49.99, no, $5 really isn't anything.[/QUOTE]

This is the exact opposite of the reason that I come here.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']u can choose each level thing[/QUOTE]

I think that's the point he was making, you can only choose the level/campaign and not the safehouse. I agree, I play games in small spurts and don't want to have to spend an hour or two going through it only to have to start over. But for the seven dollars I paid I can't complain.

bread's done
Back