Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition: $48.50
Batman: Arkham Asylum: $24.99
GRID: $7.49
Fallen Earth: $24.99
Far Cry 2 Fortunes Edition: $9.99
Champions Online: $19.99
Osmos: $2.00

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='redlupine']Same question, I'm mildly interested in these two games.
Monkey Island is a pretty famous game I'm wondering why, and Evil Genius sounds pretty interesting[/QUOTE]

Monkey Island is hilarious and an all time favorite of mine, but I'm a huge adventure game junkie so the nostalgia factor may have had some influence. Still at $2.50 I don't see how you can go wrong.

[quote name='redlupine']Same question, I'm mildly interested in these two games.
Monkey Island is a pretty famous game I'm wondering why, and Evil Genius sounds pretty interesting[/QUOTE]

Monkey Island is one of the best examples of the adventure game genre, and is hilarious to boot. It spawned three sequels, plus the episodic game Telltale is in the process of releasing - the fact that the series has lasted almost 20 years should be a testament to the quality of the games. In my eyes, it's completely worth the $2.50.

Evil Genius is supposed to be a lot like Dungeon Keeper. From what I've read, it's a little buggy and has its imperfections, but it's also got a lot of style and the "play until 3AM" vibe that most good strategy games do.

For $2.50 each, I'd go for both. If you get burned, you probably won't miss that $2.50, but if you like the games you'll be glad you bought them.

man Mirror's Edge was going so fast this afternoon d/l'ing.. but since like 3-4PM EST it's been at 50kb/s 58%...luckily I'm in no rush to play this.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Monkey Island is one of the best examples of the adventure game genre, and is hilarious to boot. It spawned three sequels, plus the episodic game Telltale is in the process of releasing - the fact that the series has lasted almost 20 years should be a testament to the quality of the games. In my eyes, it's completely worth the $2.50.

Evil Genius is supposed to be a lot like Dungeon Keeper. From what I've read, it's a little buggy and has its imperfections, but it's also got a lot of style and the "play until 3AM" vibe that most good strategy games do.

For $2.50 each, I'd go for both. If you get burned, you probably won't miss that $2.50, but if you like the games you'll be glad you bought them.[/QUOTE]
I remember playing the Evil Genius demo and enjoying it, except that non-flamable things in my base were constantly bursting into flames.

but it was kinda fun up until a steel table would start ablaze and burn down everything in the room...

[quote name='reallyill']Monkey Island is hilarious and an all time favorite of mine, but I'm a huge adventure game junkie so the nostalgia factor may have had some influence. Still at $2.50 I don't see how you can go wrong.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Monkey Island is one of the best examples of the adventure game genre, and is hilarious to boot. It spawned three sequels, plus the episodic game Telltale is in the process of releasing - the fact that the series has lasted almost 20 years should be a testament to the quality of the games. In my eyes, it's completely worth the $2.50.

For $2.50 each, I'd go for both. If you get burned, you probably won't miss that $2.50, but if you like the games you'll be glad you bought them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help guys. I decided to buy both the games. They both look like they're worth it.

So totally I have bought:

L4D- $7.00
KOTOR-$2.50
Monkey Island-$2.50
Evil Genius- $2.50
Mirror's Edge-$5.00

Total=$18.50

Not bad at all for the hours of gaming I'm going to get from all these. I need to stop adding to my backlog though lol

[quote name='paradise2894']

KOTOR-$2.50

Not bad at all for the hours of gaming I'm going to get from all these. I need to stop adding to my backlog though lol[/QUOTE]

LOL! You totally just effed your backlog in the a.

[quote name='carpwrist']LOL! You totally just effed your backlog in the a.[/QUOTE]

A large backlog of cheaply bought games is the foundation of a good CAG :applause:

[quote name='TheMedic00']A large backlog of cheaply bought games is the foundation of a good CAG :applause:[/QUOTE]

Haha, words I live by and that my wife doesn't understand at all. ;)

QuantZ is a really slick and laid-back puzzler. Nice sights and sounds and excellent control. Picked that one up today. Already had Mirror's Edge and can also highly recommend it for $5.

So far this weekend, this sale has cost me:

- QuantZ $2.00
- KOTOR $2.49
- Grid $7.49
- Osmos $2.00
- Trine $9.99

Total $23.97

Picked up Mirror's Edge, but the download speeds are crazy slow. Anyone else getting sub-100kb/s if not less than 50kb/s?

I got ME at about 4PM yesterday and it is now 3AM and I'm at 32%.

Bleh...

$5 and under games are my weakness. I've never even heard of Quantz, and here I am, buying it for absolutely no reason other than the fact that it's cheap.

[quote name='SuperTongue']Picked up Mirror's Edge, but the download speeds are crazy slow. Anyone else getting sub-100kb/s if not less than 50kb/s?

I got ME at about 4PM yesterday and it is now 3AM and I'm at 32%.

Bleh...[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one, I switched download servers though and it sped up!

just picked up Escape From Monkey Island and Mirrors Edge. Got KOTOR the other day also. I can't wait to see what is on sale for Tuesday. :applause:

[quote name='tenzor']just picked up Escape From Monkey Island and Mirrors Edge. Got KOTOR the other day also. I can't wait to see what is on sale for Tuesday. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm out of the loop, Monday was the last day of the sale. Maybe there will be a Midweek Madness, though?

[quote name='tenzor']just picked up Escape From Monkey Island and Mirrors Edge. Got KOTOR the other day also. I can't wait to see what is on sale for Tuesday. :applause:[/QUOTE]

No deal tomorrow.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']No deal tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Now it's just a question of whether the early holiday sale is a sale for the holiday early or the first of many holiday sales. Since they seem to like marking down the prices on things (and believe it drives full priced sales in the period after the sale without affecting long-term sales *at all*) I'd assume we'll see another relatively large sale in a couple of weeks.

Here's hoping for Torchlight at $5-10! The worst thing about unemployment is you have all the time in the world to play games and none of the money to pay for them!!!

[quote name='hpv']Now it's just a question of whether the early holiday sale is a sale for the holiday early or the first of many holiday sales. Since they seem to like marking down the prices on things (and believe it drives full priced sales in the period after the sale without affecting long-term sales *at all*) I'd assume we'll see another relatively large sale in a couple of weeks.

Here's hoping for Torchlight at $5-10! The worst thing about unemployment is you have all the time in the world to play games and none of the money to pay for them!!![/QUOTE]

They usually do a sale from Christmas to New Years, so yeah, it's probable they will do another soon.

[quote name='Ardrid']I'm hoping Steam puts it on sale for the last day of their promotion, assuming today isn't the last day.[/QUOTE]
Today was the last day.

[quote name='paradise2894']Can't decide if Monkey island and evil genius are worth it for $4.98 especially when i got an epic game(KOTOR) for like $2.50. Anyone have opinions about it??[/QUOTE]
I won't sell you on Evil Genius, but the question of whether or not to get Monkey Island comes down to the question of whether or not you have played it before. If you have, then you can live without the remake. If not, you are missing out on one of the true classics, and need to buy it immediately.

I already had a fair number of the games on sale but I did pick up GRID, Dead Space, Order of War, and Monkey Island for $34.96. Can't wait for the holiday sale.

[quote name='PikaPichu']Torchlight is on sale for $10 at Encore.com right now, but I'd really like to buy it at that price from Steam instead. As someone mentioned earlier, I guess I'll just have to try and hold out for a weekend deal somewhere down the line.[/QUOTE]

Huh. Guess that was a Monday only thing, and I missed it. :bomb: Should have checked back in this thread last night I guess. :cry:

I love Steam. But there's no integrated achievements. And the save files from the demo are in my User folder. It's not like I couldn't just run it from a Steam shortcut and get the same performance.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
I won't sell you on Evil Genius, but the question of whether or not to get Monkey Island comes down to the question of whether or not you have played it before. If you have, then you can live without the remake. If not, you are missing out on one of the true classics, and need to buy it immediately.[/QUOTE]

You sold me on picking up Monkey Island. I've never played the original.

[quote name='Arcturiang']got the l4d pack, just waiting for madcyantist's, WebScud's, and munoi's paypal and steam.[/QUOTE]

Did you guys get your copies yet?

Not a bad sale at all, ended up buying 8 games for about $25...now if only I could pry myself from Left 4 Dead 2 long enough to play them.
Osmos
Mirrors Edge
Madballs
KOTOR
Zeno Clash
Plants vs. Zombies
Lucidity
and
Evil genius

Humorously enough, I only grabbed Lucidity, but I'm kicking myself for not grabbing KOTOR. (Though, admittedly, it would have been just to have the virtual Steam version handy.)

Now I remember what I didn't like about the Evil Genius demo. Money is so freaking hard to get in this game!

Still, fun game, I ended up playing it well into midnight :p

bread's done
Back