iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
We thought the same thing of Suicide Squad which was 4K + BD + UV (without 3D) and it released at $34.99, so anything's possible.

I hope you're right and it does go sub-$30, though we'll know more close to release.
fortunately, I ordered SS using the B1G1 50% off glitch so I only ended up paying $17.50 w/tax for it. I don't know that it dropped from it's $35 or not like BvS did (down to $17 on the 29/30th day, just got in the 30 day elite window IIRC).

I don't recall any Marvel SB dropping to below $25 at any point in time before they sold out.

fortunately, I ordered SS using the B1G1 50% off glitch so I only ended up paying $17.50 w/tax for it. I don't know that it dropped from it's $35 or not like BvS did (down to $17 on the 29/30th day, just got in the 30 day elite window IIRC).

I don't recall any Marvel SB dropping to below $25 at any point in time before they sold out.
Several of the earlier Marvel 3D steels were sold for $19.99 at release. The most I have ever seen Best Buy sell them at release was for $27.99 and that was for the most recent ones (Ant-Man, etc).

I did as well, best decision I made on getting the SS SB as I'd be hard pressed to get it at $35.

Several of the earlier Marvel 3D steels were sold for $19.99 at release. The most I have ever seen Best Buy sell them at release was for $27.99 and that was for the most recent ones (Ant-Man, etc).
Avengers: Age Of Ultron was $19.99 at time of release. Thor 2 was $22.99, the rest were primarily $24.99 at time of release. Most recent ones, yes, they were $27.99 at time of release.

The $34.99 at time of announcement is a bit of a PITA, without question. At least BB is offering a non-3D SB as a second option, like they've been doing with the 4K / non-4K ones they've done with Huntsman: Winter's War and Jason Bourne.

BB steels show in and out of stock dozens of times before the actual release date, normal for them,

Suicide Squad dropped to $29.99

The other mondo shows nipples, so it was probably rejected for that reason alone. Sucks, cause it looks much better and more inline with the film.

Ideally it should have been new artwork IMO. I have nine Mondo prints displayed throughout the house currently and I'm sad I missed The Thing when it was at Target for a decent price. I hope they do more, especially if they want to use some of Tom Whalen's Star Wars art *wink, wink*.

I did as well, best decision I made on getting the SS SB as I'd be hard pressed to get it at $35.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron was $19.99 at time of release. Thor 2 was $22.99, the rest were primarily $24.99 at time of release. Most recent ones, yes, they were $27.99 at time of release.

The $34.99 at time of announcement is a bit of a PITA, without question. At least BB is offering a non-3D SB as a second option, like they've been doing with the 4K / non-4K ones they've done with Huntsman: Winter's War and Jason Bourne.
I believe Guardians of the Galaxy was also $19.99 and I could have sworn Thor 2 was as well, but I might be mistaken. I also seem to remember there being a few more that released at $20 (maybe the 2nd Captain America?)

Shit Doctor Strange went OOS already? Figured I'd have some time at that price...
It's been going in and out of stock. You should have other chances to preorder it before release.

On a different note, is this the Pokemon 3-movie steelbook?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pokemon-movies-1-3-blu-ray/4832702.p?skuId=4832702

If so, it now on sale for $19.99 at Best Buy and Amazon.

I believe Guardians of the Galaxy was also $19.99 and I could have sworn Thor 2 was as well, but I might be mistaken. I also seem to remember there being a few more that released at $20 (maybe the 2nd Captain America?)

It's been going in and out of stock. You should have other chances to preorder it before release.

On a different note, is this the Pokemon 3-movie steelbook?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pokemon-movies-1-3-blu-ray/4832702.p?skuId=4832702

If so, it now on sale for $19.99 at Best Buy and Amazon.
Yeah, it's the Steelbook. Saw it in store today for 19.99

Best Buy had exclusive distribution rights? News to me, but given the great pricing of ~$30 a season I'm not complaining. Monopolyzon can suck it. :lol:

Just received an email from Target.com about my Deepwater Horizon Target Exclusive SB being backordered and saying it was backordered until 02/13/17.  Anyone that ordered it online, did you get a shipping notification on it or did you get a backorder notice on it?

I called my local store and they put their only copy on-hold for me, so I'm covered thankfully.   What sucks is that I ordered it on that day where Target had 20% off all of their movie items, so I'm out that $4 discount on it.  I'd hit up Target.com CS to fix that issue, though they'll tell me to wait out the backorder and they insure it'll ship out. :roll: 

Just received an email from Target.com about my Deepwater Horizon Target Exclusive SB being backordered and saying it was backordered until 02/13/17. Anyone that ordered it online, did you get a shipping notification on it or did you get a backorder notice on it?

I called my local store and they put their only copy on-hold for me, so I'm covered thankfully. What sucks is that I ordered it on that day where Target had 20% off all of their movie items, so I'm out that $4 discount on it. I'd hit up Target.com CS to fix that issue, though they'll tell me to wait out the backorder and they insure it'll ship out. :roll:

Mine still hasn't shipped either. Says preparing to ship with an estimated delivery date of sometime between today and Monday the 16th. Ordered mine on the same day you did but still picked one up at my local Target just in case.

FYI, my local Target has a handful or more of the Deepwater Horizon SB. If anyone wants one for cost + shipping (probably ~$3) PM me.

Just received an email from Target.com about my Deepwater Horizon Target Exclusive SB being backordered and saying it was backordered until 02/13/17. Anyone that ordered it online, did you get a shipping notification on it or did you get a backorder notice on it?

I called my local store and they put their only copy on-hold for me, so I'm covered thankfully. What sucks is that I ordered it on that day where Target had 20% off all of their movie items, so I'm out that $4 discount on it. I'd hit up Target.com CS to fix that issue, though they'll tell me to wait out the backorder and they insure it'll ship out. :roll:
FYI, Target currently has a 15% off Cartwheel discount for the Deepwater Horizon steelbook to help save in store.

I also ordered the steelbook during the 20% off sale at Target and I received it in the mail yesterday. Sounds like they may have oversold the website orders.

Heads up: It appears there will be a quantity discount on the new Resident Evil steelbooks at BB next week. If you buy all 5 you supposedly save 30% off. Credit to Tyrok who posted this at BR.com. Comes out to $12.60 a steelbook before tax.

FYI, Target currently has a 15% off Cartwheel discount for the Deepwater Horizon steelbook to help save in store.

I also ordered the steelbook during the 20% off sale at Target and I received it in the mail yesterday. Sounds like they may have oversold the website orders.

Heads up: It appears there will be a quantity discount on the new Resident Evil steelbooks at BB next week. If you buy all 5 you supposedly save 30% off. Credit to Tyrok who posted this at BR.com. Comes out to $12.60 a steelbook before tax.
I found the Cartwheel when I was looking for some other stuff, so I can deal with losing 5% from the website discount to make sure I actually have it.

If there's a discount on the RE SBs, then I guess I'll cancel and re-order them at the cheaper price, since they've not shipped yet and aren't out until next week. I'll have to wait to get the ad in-person just to be sure, though I should have that on Saturday.

Also, movie cash is limit 5 per household.

New Moana steelbooks up for preorder at Best Buy:

2D - $34.99 currently

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/moana-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-buy-2016/5712425.p?skuId=5712425

3D - $37.99 currently

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/moana-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-3d-blu-ray-only--best-buy-blu-ray-blu-ray-3d-2016/5712428.p?skuId=5712428

I'm guessing they will eventually be coming down in price. If not I will likely cancel my preorder.
Amazing! Finally we start seeing the steelbooks returns with 3D. Also saw this in case it hasn't been posted:

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 4K Steelbook

Thanks for posting the Fantastic Beasts and Moana steelbooks.  Was just about to do that myself. 

Preordered 3D Moana and Fantastic Beasts 4K.   I guess I'll can my 3D pre-order from Target from their 20% off day right before Christmas. 

New Moana steelbooks up for preorder at Best Buy:

2D - $34.99 currently
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/moana-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-buy-2016/5712425.p?skuId=5712425

3D - $37.99 currently
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/moana-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-3d-blu-ray-only--best-buy-blu-ray-blu-ray-3d-2016/5712428.p?skuId=5712428

I'm guessing they will eventually be coming down in price. If not I will likely cancel my preorder.
Preordered the 3D. Price is steep, but wanted to get an order in while I ponder it further.

You can now order the upcoming Resident Evil Pop Art Steelbooks from Best Buy, ordering all 5 gets you 30% off. Each one comes out to $12.59 and they come with Movie Cash.

You can now order the upcoming Resident Evil Pop Art Steelbooks from Best Buy, ordering all 5 gets you 30% off. Each one comes out to $12.59 and they come with Movie Cash.
Thanks. Ordering mine now. Love that bundle discounts. I wish they had that a couple weeks ago for the Underworld steelbooks. Weird that they didn't seeing how it's the same retailer and same movie cash promo. You'd think they be linked in all aspects.

Steelbooks are getting to be too expensive.  I'm not going to just start spending thirty bucks on each one.  It's like we've reverted back to 2005 prices again when blu rays were brand new.  This $30-35 domestic stuff is nonsense.  New movies used to be discounted to $15-18 on release week, steelbooks included. Steelbooks were $20 or less for years. 

Props to the Resident Evil sale and the previous Pop Art sale.  fuck this Disney owning everything Marvel and Star Wars. 

Steelbooks are getting to be too expensive. I'm not going to just start spending thirty bucks on each one. It's like we've reverted back to 2005 prices again when blu rays were brand new. This $30-35 domestic stuff is nonsense. New movies used to be discounted to $15-18 on release week, steelbooks included. Steelbooks were $20 or less for years.

Props to the Resident Evil sale and the previous Pop Art sale. fuck this Disney owning everything Marvel and Star Wars.
Most of the new steelbooks are 4K. $30 is the msrp just like when Bluray came out. It's a new tech so fewer people are buying which is why it stays high.

And most of the expensive ones have also been Warner Brothers not Disney as it's the EDCU films that have been 30-35.

Fantastic beasts- 4K + Warner brothers
Moana- 3D and Disney

Moana at $30 is a typical 3D price

Most of the new steelbooks are 4K. $30 is the msrp just like when Bluray came out. It's a new tech so fewer people are buying which is why it stays high.

And most of the expensive ones have also been Warner Brothers not Disney as it's the EDCU films that have been 30-35.

Fantastic beasts- 4K + Warner brothers
Moana- 3D and Disney

Moana at $30 is a typical 3D price
yeah, it's a bit of a catch 22 in that including 3D or 4k, there's a decent chance someone's getting a version they don't care about. I'm personally fine with steelbooks being considered deluxe editions but hopefully Best Buy continue to offer 20 dollar bluray versions like they have in the past.

I wish they would just go back to making the steelbook a pre-order incentive, only this time actual steelbooks. Makes it so much easier when you can decide what version you want.

bread's done
Back