iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to work on Tuesday I had to preorder a copy of ghost in the shell at a Best Buy 20 minutes away. Is it easy to cancel if I find one at my much closer store after work? I always have problems with in store pick up at Best Buy's,

Due to work on Tuesday I had to preorder a copy of ghost in the shell at a Best Buy 20 minutes away. Is it easy to cancel if I find one at my much closer store after work? I always have problems with in store pick up at Best Buy's,
You can just not pick it up and it will cancel after 8 days that's what I usually do.

Target gas 20% off movies this week via Cartwheel this week. Was going to pick up the Power Rangers SB for $16 but I ended up passing on it. Just wanted people to know in case anyone wanted to do returns and rebuys on anything.

Target gas 20% off movies this week via Cartwheel this week. Was going to pick up the Power Rangers SB for $16 but I ended up passing on it. Just wanted people to know in case anyone wanted to do returns and rebuys on anything.
I did just that today. Unfortunately for me, I already opened it and the CS rep slid it a bit face down on the counter while processing my transaction. Looks like the lower edge isn't as shiny as it used to be. I guess it's OK for the discount, but still... :bomb:

Is Power Rangers worth a blind buy for $16 in the steelbook? I am 44 years old and have never watched one second of Power Rangers in my life if that matters at all.

Is Power Rangers worth a blind buy for $16 in the steelbook? I am 44 years old and have never watched one second of Power Rangers in my life if that matters at all.
Don't let people tell you that the TV shows are better than the movie. The movie isn't great, but still is Shakespearean compared to the TV shows...

Eh, TBH, it was a blind buy for me and although I enjoyed it, I'm not sure those who didn't like Power Rangers or grow up watching it would've felt the same. It's admittedly campy (watching some of the extras, seems like the creators wanted it to keep some of the camp from the shows) and a little heavy on the teen angst. That being said, I enjoyed it for what it was and it was interesting to see how they refreshed the original show elements with new ideas. Even though I bought it on day one (for fear of it being sold out), I felt $20 was a bit high for this particular movie as a blind buy and I'm glad I kept my receipt in case of a price drop. At $16, it's easier to swallow but I'm still not sure it would be worth it for someone with zero exposure to Power Rangers.

I liked Power Rangers the first series, the first movie, and i gotta say i blind bought this movie and was very disappointed by it FWIW.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Probably not. I really enjoyed the first maybe 2/3 of the movie when they're introducing the characters and setting everything up - not perfect, but a lot better than expected. However, once everything comes together, and all the action starts happening, it's just not as fun. No idea how they dropped the ball there. I was really looking forward to the action scenes because of the trailers, but it was really messy and kinda confusing. It wasn't bad, and I might pick up the steelbook depending on the artwork, but it's not a blind buy.

I loved the show as a kid and the first movie but I highly doubt those would hold up today. That said, this reboot was surprisingly good and easily trumps childhood memories. For a newcomer, it could go either way but you could do far worse for an entry into Power Rangers.

Ghost In The Shell 4k Steel book

I checked online last night and this morning. NONE for pickup in 250 miles, so I was going to settle and get the regular steelbook, turns out 2 4K steelbooks were still on the new release section in the front of the store! So it might be worth just stopping by, because sometimes low stock won't register online.

I couldn't decide whether to buy the regular GitS steelbook for $21.99 or futureproof by spending $6 more on the 4k version.  It's a recurring theme with my purchasing.  Seems kind of silly to be paying more for 4K when I don't have a 4K setup yet though.   Thoughts?

I couldn't decide whether to buy the regular GitS steelbook for $21.99 or futureproof by spending $6 more on the 4k version. It's a recurring theme with my purchasing. Seems kind of silly to be paying more for 4K when I don't have a 4K setup yet though. Thoughts?
I'm in the same boat, but I know that I'll eventually go 4K ... so I go 4K all the way.

I have always bought way too many movies when they hit good sale prices ($9.99 or less). Recently, I've been more selective, and holding off on movies where the 4K is priced a bit high, knowing I'll buy the 4K disc later, when it is priced more reasonably.

Slightly off topic but we have discussed it before.  My Batman MOTP blu just arrived.  Wish it was a steelbook.  Wish it had had digital.  Still incredibly happy this finally has a HD release. :D/

I got the $5 reward today, didn't contact support either.
Call me shocked - I also got the 250 point reward yesterday for The Fifth Element 4K steelbook without contacting support. In case people are wondering it shows up as a separate line on your Rewards history page and does not show up on the same line as the eligible movie (which is likely why it wasn't showing as pending), though it is listed on the same date of the purchase.

Not a steelbook, but a lot of people were collecting the Game of Thrones Sigil sets that Best Buy had. Looks like Best Buy has finally released one for Season 6 - it came out today. On sale for $34.99.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/game-of-thrones-season-six-blu-ray/5985011.p?skuId=5985011

Not sure if this is the same one that Canada had at launch, or not.
wow, holy shit. I was just fixing to sell my 1-5 sets after a great deal of disappointment. This is crazy.

Which house sigil is that though? It's not from one of the main families. Does it stand for the seven kingdoms? King's Landing flag or something?

Edit: ok it is the Septon sigil. (It is a monotheistic religion whose one god has seven faces.)

Ordered, thank you!  I too was wondering what the hell was going on with those Best Buy Exclusive Sigil versions, especially since I don't think the steelbook versions were done for any seasons except 1-4 (could be wrong)?

Ordered, thank you! I too was wondering what the hell was going on with those Best Buy Exclusive Sigil versions, especially since I don't think the steelbook versions were done for any seasons except 1-4 (could be wrong)?
No they definitely released seasons 5 and 6 for the sigil steels. 7 has a listing on BB too.

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, the BB-exclusive classic monster steelbooks have been put on sale for $14.99 each.  Also, the newly released Carpenter steelbooks from Scream Factory are $14.99 each at Best Buy.

There's Witcher steelbooks coming out in Poland. Worst part is, 1 and 2 are G1, and 3 is G1 or G2. The art is nice though.

I don't see forum posts about it yet, and I just got the info in an email from someone I bought the Polish Witcher 3 steelbook from.

5F8xpq0h.jpg

Good call Josef.  and thanks Best Buy, finally.  I was honestly just prepping to list these and sell them on Ebay in order to put the money towards the steelbook collection.  But now things are complete again. 

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

Flatliners steelbook on Amazon @ $29.98, releases 09/27/17:

https://www.amazon.com/Flatliners-Blu-ray/dp/B074BNSJN8

Damn, too late on the sigil release for me. Can't justify the double dip sadly since I already have the steelbook.
I switched over to the steelbooks for the obvious reason, as well as they have Dolby Atmos sound, which is worth the double-dip. I posted the one for S7 earlier in the thread. I'm fine with passing on the sigil ones, as I have S3-5 to toss up on eBay at some point.

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, the BB-exclusive classic monster steelbooks have been put on sale for $14.99 each. Also, the newly released Carpenter steelbooks from Scream Factory are $14.99 each at Best Buy.
Yay for the cheaper monster steelbooks, guess I'll re-make my order assuming it's not cheaper.

Boo, for me only, since I ordered them from Scream Factory to get the prints that were the pre-order exclusives.

Best buys steelbook packaging for me has been terrible lately. Usually come in boxes for multiples, got the John Carpenter scream factory ones in the mail Monday... In a brown envelope. All were crushed. Had best buy send me a return label for them.

Forgot to post about it but Labyrinth 4K steel was $15 this week and to comment above it oddly came in a PM bubble mailer which I've never seen from BB ever. Funny thing is, it was mint condition despite being an oversized bag. If it were from Amazon however, it would have been dented for sure.

I just don't understand how even though both companies tend to bag these blurays, BB always comes to me flawless. Non-issue since I don't buy from Amazon anymore though.

Forgot to post about it but Labyrinth 4K steel was $15 this week and to comment above it oddly came in a PM bubble mailer which I've never seen from BB ever. Funny thing is, it was mint condition despite being an oversized bag. If it were from Amazon however, it would have been dented for sure.

I just don't understand how even though both companies tend to bag these blurays, BB always comes to me flawless. Non-issue since I don't buy from Amazon anymore though.
It's been my experience that when BB ships steelbooks and movies in a cardboard mailer, they come from their warehouse and when they ship steelbooks and movies in a bubble mailer they are packed at and shipped from a retail BB location. It doesn't surprise me they are shipping that steelbook from stores since it is an older movie that has been out a while.

It looks like the 4K Ghost in the Shell steelbook is now on sale for $26.99. Not really worth a price adjustment to me since it is only one dollar cheaper than release week. Also, I thought this was sold out so it looks like it is back in stock again.

i have received Guardians of the Galaxy 1 SB in a sealed tight plastic bag envelope. surprisingly no damage but i never bother opening it. thats when i preorder it online.

A handful of steelbooks just went live on the Square Enix Members rewards page.  You need member points to buy them though.  Better hurry, a couple of these are going to be gone quick.

Kingdom Hearts:  https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/444848/kingdom-hearts-25-steelbook-reward

Star Ocean:  https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/444858/star-ocean-integrity-and-faithlessness-steelbook-reward

Final Fantasy Type-0:  https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/444848/kingdom-hearts-25-steelbook-reward

Deus Ex:  https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/447799/deus-ex-mankind-divided-steelbook-reward

bread's done
Back