iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have to exchange it, if not return it. Mine came in a box, but had two dents on the front. So it was either during manufacturing or at the warehouse. But I'm not paying $38 for a damaged steelbook. I barely tolerate the ones under $10.

saw 2 more copies of the WW steelbook when I went to Best Buy late afternoon yesterday. Thought it would've been gone when the doors opened lol

I went with the Target digipak for Wonder Woman.   Anyone else do the same?  I like the series of DC superhero digipaks they have been doing.  They're up to four in the series now and they make a nice little collection.  

I'm also tired of these $35 steels, basically paying double what you should for the movie. My feelings were fortified when the previous one, Suicide Squad, no one bought it and then it was available for $18 later during a sale. 

I went with the Target digipak for Wonder Woman. Anyone else do the same? I like the series of DC superhero digipaks they have been doing. They're up to four in the series now and they make a nice little collection.

I'm also tired of these $35 steels, basically paying double what you should for the movie. My feelings were fortified when the previous one, Suicide Squad, no one bought it and then it was available for $18 later during a sale.
I'd love to see photos of the digipak if you can provide them.

I went with the Target digipak for Wonder Woman. Anyone else do the same? I like the series of DC superhero digipaks they have been doing. They're up to four in the series now and they make a nice little collection.

I went for the digipack too. Normally, I go for steelbooks, but that artwork is horrible. Plus, I agree, not liking those overly priced steelbooks. So it wasn't even close to being worth it for me. If I hadn't gotten the digipack, I think I would have liked the regular bluray since the cover is cool.

i got mines too today. im gonna return it. i was hoping for a sale. $38 after tax doesnt seem to be worth it. hopefully its gonna drop like Suicide Squad steelbook.
This won’t be sale or last through the end of the week

This is only this price because it’s a 4K steelbook. This is how WB has been pricing these unfortunately. I don’t have a 4K tv yet but know I will eventually so I figure paying an extra $5-$10 for the 4K disc, future proofing my collection, is worth it. I do get how others feel differently though.

SS lingered and went on sale because the movie was at best mediocre. WW was a critical and commercial success, it’s not going to linger like SS did.

I also bought the Target exclusive, mainly because I have all the previous DC movies in the Target exclusive books. I just wish it was as cheap as the previous ones.

I skipped the WW steel as well and went with the Best Buy 3D exclusive with the character cards for $27.99.  Can't justify these $35+ steelbooks when they don't include 3D as well.  Not preordering the new Spider-Man as well even though it has seen a slight discount to $32.99.  Likely getting the 3D of that as well (currently $25.99 at BB).

$35 is Japanese blu-ray pricing, so I definitely don't want to pay that. I heard WW is great though, so I am worried that I may not get one as I will wait for a price drop.

Every once in awhile I get burned waiting and have to overpay on Ebay, which sucks...

I wish they'd just go back to offering the steel as a pre-order bonus and give us the option of what to buy for it. They lost a sale from me because WW was 4K only.

Sure, 4K is going to add to the price, but GotG Vol. 2 was the same price, and that steelbook included the 3D copy as well.
That's a rarity though. That said, the deluxe $35 should come with all format considering physical media is going to keep suffering.

But in keeping in line with recent DC steel release SS had no 3D so...
Hey, I'm not saying their stinginess was unexpected. I'm just saying that for the price, they absolutely could have included 3D if they wanted to. Disney/Marvel did it for GotG Vol. 2. They're just being greedy, which is saying quite a lot when Disney's offering at the same price point seems generous in comparison.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the Universal Classic Monster movies have SteelBook releases that released today (or maybe recently) at Best Buy.
f01c50bc0c77788c525f65b94779a523.jpg

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the Universal Classic Monster movies have SteelBook releases that released today (or maybe recently) at Best Buy.
Saw those today. Dracula and Wolf Man were already gone from 1 store by noon when I visited.

Picked up Creature from the Black Lagoon, since it included 3D.

I believe they released last week or maybe the week before. They were $14.99 when they released but I'm kind of hoping they go lower in October for Halloween. Either way I already have the slipcovered versions so will only pick them up again if they get really cheap. They are very cool though.

Already own the Universal collection for those thanks to an amazon.uk sale so to hell with those prices. Pretty sure I paid a little more than one of those for the entire collection. :nottalking:

I Can't believe Valerian is not getting a 3D disc in this country.  It's the kind of movie that just screams "Watch in 3D!"  That said, if the steelbook is under $20 at release I will likely pick it up anyway to support the movie.

Also will likely get the Atomic Blonde and Kingsman steelbooks.  Dark Tower though is up in the air, especially at that price.

I Can't believe Valerian is not getting a 3D disc in this country. It's the kind of movie that just screams "Watch in 3D!" That said, if the steelbook is under $20 at release I will likely pick it up anyway to support the movie.

Also will likely get the Atomic Blonde and Kingsman steelbooks. Dark Tower though is up in the air, especially at that price.
Zavvi 3D version of Valerian is still up for $35 shipped, 13 more bucks but the 3D discs tend to be more on ebay.

Like all Best Buy steel exclusives this will go back up on the site. If you want in store pick up it will be up again late Monday night before the release date. Shipping will be available on release date and may pop back up and down on the site before then

I Can't believe Valerian is not getting a 3D disc in this country. It's the kind of movie that just screams "Watch in 3D!" That said, if the steelbook is under $20 at release I will likely pick it up anyway to support the movie.

Also will likely get the Atomic Blonde and Kingsman steelbooks. Dark Tower though is up in the air, especially at that price.
Amazon.co.uk has a SB with 4K +3D

aw/d/B074WBLVH8/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1506716653&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=valerian+3d&dpPl=1&dpID=51816JBrQWL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Amazon.co.uk has a SB with 4K +3D

aw/d/B074WBLVH8/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1506716653&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=valerian+3d&dpPl=1&dpID=51816JBrQWL&ref=plSrch

Amazon says it's Region B/2, so that won't work unless you have a region-free player.

Correct link:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Valerian-Thousand-Steelbook-exclusive-Amazon-co-uk/dp/B074WBLVH8

This is the link to the Zavvi SB that includes the 3D disc, which Zavvi lists as region-free:
https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets-3d-includes-2d-version-uv-copy-limited-edition-steelbook/11534599.html

If the Amazone was region-free, then it would certainly be the way to go with 4K + 3D + 2D, though as it's not, brings up an issue without a region-free player.

EDIT: Even the Zavvi one might be wrong in it being region-free:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=14141086#post14141086

Amazon says it's Region B/2, so that won't work unless you have a region-free player.

Correct link:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Valerian-Thousand-Steelbook-exclusive-Amazon-co-uk/dp/B074WBLVH8

This is the link to the Zavvi SB that includes the 3D disc, which Zavvi lists as region-free:
https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets-3d-includes-2d-version-uv-copy-limited-edition-steelbook/11534599.html

If the Amazone was region-free, then it would certainly be the way to go with 4K + 3D + 2D, though as it's not, brings up an issue without a region-free player.

EDIT: Even the Zavvi one might be wrong in it being region-free:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=14141086#post14141086
A lot of the times they post the region incorrectly, I'm hoping this is one of those cases.

Dunno if I just didn’t see it posted but looks like Best Buy is re-releasing man of steel, dawn of justice and suicide squad with illustrated art work steel books on 10-31-17.

Dunno if I just didn’t see it posted but looks like Best Buy is re-releasing man of steel, dawn of justice and suicide squad with illustrated art work steel books on 10-31-17.
Links, people, links.

Man Of Steel @ $17.99 (Coming Soon): https://www.bestbuy.com/site/man-of-steel-illustrated-steelbook-blu-ray-2013/6097301.p?skuId=6097301
Batman V Superman @ $17.99 (Coming Soon): https://www.bestbuy.com/site/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-illustrated-steelbook-ultimate-blu-ray-2016/6097307.p?skuId=6097307
Suicide Squad @ $19.99 (Coming Soon): https://www.bestbuy.com/site/suicide-squad-illustrated-steelbook-blu-ray-2016/6097303.p?skuId=6097303

Considering the movie reviews made it out to seem like it was the worst in the series (not saying much), it doesn't seem worth more than $10 TBH. I'm just waiting patiently to order IT in a steelbook because I need. . .it.

For the GotG2 Steelbook is there any difference between the two versions of the case? Outside of the inclusion of the different disc's are the cases the same?

For the GotG2 Steelbook is there any difference between the two versions of the case? Outside of the inclusion of the different disc's are the cases the same?
No. The art inside and out is the same, but since the 4K/3D BD/2D BD set comes with 3 discs, the inside has spaces to hold 3, while the inside of the 2D BD/DVD set only has space to hold 2 discs.

bread's done
Back