Street Fighter IV - Gen Discussion & Info

Did I forget to mention the part about how the alt. costumes MIGHT already be on the disc for the sake of the online modes(for when playing someone who has the alt. when you don't, for example)?
100% NOT CONFIRMED IN ANY WAY!!!

*Runs*

[quote name='bs000']People who are buying the CE are more interested in the figurine and movie aren't they? D:[/quote]

That plus the soundtrack. The costumes are last on my list of favorite features of the DLC. 1st is Blu-Ray anime (on PS3,) then soundtrack, then figure, then costumes.

The fact it's all TOGETHER is what makes it on my list. Considering the Anime DVD alone could be sold for 20 bucks, everything else is delicious frosting on the cake.

And I wouldn't complain about DLC that gives you CHOICES. That's a great thing. This games Collectors set gives you almost everything you could want from a C.E: Physical items, Items that have a purpose in game, something to listen to while on the road, away from the game, A little Trophy figurine to remind you of it all... It all actually seems like a worthwhile value.

I do hope, however, that additional costumes are cheap, but y'know what? Not having every costume Insta-accessable is pretty decent. You will be able to tell that MOST people who have bonus outfits are ones who are a BIT more into SFIV than the average person. If their presence helps me figure out how to start a match, with either a big-damage unsafe move, VS a low damage, safe alternative, then it's worth it! XD

Unless you have no concern for the Animation or Music (which is probably the stuff worth the most bank), then I think this C.E is one of the best put together, ever. If you don't value either of those... I think the set has significantly less value to you, and probably really isn't worth it.

(But this IS CAG.... I guess you could always piecemeal the elements, and then sell them off... which probably makes the "bonus" DLC free, since this seems to be the only way to get the DVD. It'll probably fetch a premium.)

So here is my dilemma - I've always be a d-pad player and struggled immensely with joysticks for any games (especially fighting ones). However, I'd like to give SF IV a try with a stick and I currently have a pre-order down for the LE stick. But the cost is making me rethink that purchase. What is the consensus about controller usage for this game?

[quote name='Mindzeye82']So here is my dilemma - I've always be a d-pad player and struggled immensely with joysticks for any games (especially fighting ones). However, I'd like to give SF IV a try with a stick and I currently have a pre-order down for the LE stick. But the cost is making me rethink that purchase. What is the consensus about controller usage for this game?[/quote]

Unless you'll be able to map 3p and 3k.. I have no clue how people are gonna be able to do ultras in this game. I actually think it'll hurt SFIV's reviews.

[quote name='Mindzeye82']So here is my dilemma - I've always be a d-pad player and struggled immensely with joysticks for any games (especially fighting ones). However, I'd like to give SF IV a try with a stick and I currently have a pre-order down for the LE stick. But the cost is making me rethink that purchase. What is the consensus about controller usage for this game?[/quote]

Just get the $40 fightpad then. It's the new version of the Saturn controller everyone loves so much.

In terms of mapping a button for hitting all three buttons at once, every Capcom game I'm aware of that requires that for a super/ultra move has had the ability to map one of the buttons to that. I know I always had it on L2/R2 on my PS2 controller.

Is there any chance capcom will change gief's green hand to qcf instead of the uppercut motion? It feels so fluid in HD Remix i would love if it kept on going for SF4...

I'm so horrible at fighting games and I know I'm going to regret this purchase when I'm doing nothing but getting my ass handed to me online but I can't wait for this game.

I'm so horrible at fighting games and I know I'm going to regret this purchase when I'm doing nothing but getting my ass handed to me online but I can't wait for this game.
I'm also terrible at fighting games - we should play each other and feel good about our matches!

I've been wondering, is the PS3 version of the movie, which is in Blu Ray, going to be in 1080p? I only ask this because I know there are BD movies out there that aren't in 1080p.

I know that this isn't quite as big of a release to the gaming population as a whole like Halo 3, Gears of War/GoW2, or Guitar Hero is, but does anyone know if GameStop or any other store is planning on doing a midnight release for SFIV?

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I'm also terrible at fighting games - we should play each other and feel good about our matches![/quote]

haha I would so be down for that.

On a related note would the fightpad be a good purchase even though I do suck horribly at fighting games? I was going to make a definite purchase anyways because I hate the d-pad on 360 controllers but then I found out its a wired controller and that deterred me a little, still thinking about it though. What do you guys think, worth it for a fighting game newb?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']haha I would so be down for that.

On a related note would the fightpad be a good purchase even though I do suck horribly at fighting games? I was going to make a definite purchase anyways because I hate the d-pad on 360 controllers but then I found out its a wired controller and that deterred me a little, still thinking about it though. What do you guys think, worth it for a fighting game newb?[/quote]

That's debatable.. black bear I mean.. I wouldn't call myself a fighting game newb, there's actually a few fighters I can say I'm ok at. You know what? I've actually gotten used to the 360 controller, kind of sad really. I'm getting the TE stick because I know it's the ultimate in fighting game control but the pad should be quite an improvement on the 360 controller just as well. Up to you. The pad is only $40 though..

[quote name='wjhard63']I know that this isn't quite as big of a release to the gaming population as a whole like Halo 3, Gears of War/GoW2, or Guitar Hero is, but does anyone know if GameStop or any other store is planning on doing a midnight release for SFIV?[/quote]

No word yet but we should know by the week before. I mean if Fable 2 got a midnight launch, I don't see why SF4 would be any different.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']haha I would so be down for that.

On a related note would the fightpad be a good purchase even though I do suck horribly at fighting games? I was going to make a definite purchase anyways because I hate the d-pad on 360 controllers but then I found out its a wired controller and that deterred me a little, still thinking about it though. What do you guys think, worth it for a fighting game newb?[/quote]

I would say get the pad because then you could use it on SF IV, DOA 4, SC IV, SSF2THDR, and the upcoming Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and Tekken 6.

I just wished GS was taking preorders on the pads. They're only taking preorders on the sticks. You can order over the web, but "pad color & style chosen at random". I even called GS customer svc regardingt this. They said go to my local GS on 2/10 early to get my pick of the litter.

Now THAT'S customer service for ya.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I would say get the pad because then you could use it on SF IV, DOA 4, SC IV, SSF2THDR, and the upcoming Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and Tekken 6.[/quote]

Dont forget XBLA games and Legends of Wrestlemania :)

[quote name='y2jedi']I just wished GS was taking preorders on the pads. They're only taking preorders on the sticks. You can order over the web, but "pad color & style chosen at random". I even called GS customer svc regardingt this. They said go to my local GS on 2/10 early to get my pick of the litter.

Now THAT'S customer service for ya.[/quote]

Is anywhere else other than gamestop selling them? I was going to pre order a gamepad from amazon but the shipping date was the 25th. F that.

[quote name='y2jedi']I just wished GS was taking preorders on the pads. They're only taking preorders on the sticks. You can order over the web, but "pad color & style chosen at random". I even called GS customer svc regardingt this. They said go to my local GS on 2/10 early to get my pick of the litter.

Now THAT'S customer service for ya.[/quote]

I doubt you even need a pre-order for the pad. I'm predicting there will be 78.7 billion pads made.

Anyone have any idea of the availability of the pads in the UK? I wasn't really going to pick up SFIV, but I'm loving HD Remix so much that its becoming soooo tempting

Wait a moment here - I'm a little confused as to when these controllers are being released. So the sticks and the fight pads are coming out a week before the game?

There were a ton of pads for SF Anniversary Collection made and they were eventually clearanced to $15. Hopefully that'll happen with the fight pads.

[quote name='motuza']There were a ton of pads for SF Anniversary Collection made and they were eventually clearanced to $15. Hopefully that'll happen with the fight pads.[/QUOTE]

I got like 4 of them during clearence for like $10 each... they were pretty much everywhere... I'll also wait for these controller also.. only thing that might be rare to get later is the arcade sticks.. just maybe

[quote name='Spoon_si']I got like 4 of them during clearence for like $10 each... they were pretty much everywhere... I'll also wait for these controller also.. only thing that might be rare to get later is the arcade sticks.. just maybe[/QUOTE]

I honestly think these sticks are being overhyped like crazy. We'll see what the situation is in a few months, but i think madcatz would be stupid to not make more sticks if there was demand.

[quote name='Mindzeye82']Wait a moment here - I'm a little confused as to when these controllers are being released. So the sticks and the fight pads are coming out a week before the game?[/quote]

The original release date for SFIV was 2/10. It was delayed a week, but the controllers stayed with a 2/10 release.

If the pads/sticks come out a week before the game, that's good for me because I pre-ordered the game today (I couldn't pre-order a pad. They said they were pre-orderable at a point, but no pre-orders were made on it at my store) but I had to pre-order the pad from Amazon. I went with a Chun-li one.

Depending on how they are priced, I think the five in the CE will be fine for me if I have my choice as to what I get.

Cammy's is okay, but I wanted her Killer Bee uniform instead.

Here are some new videos that are easier to see the alt. costumes in.

@KingBroly - I believe they are on the disc for online play when fighting someone who has them when you don't. Not 100% confirmed.

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't think they should be charging for those. Or at least much.[/quote]
Neither do I. $5 for all of them together is the very most I'll pay.

Yes, content most likely will be accessible and available for online play by all players. Hence, yes, probably on the disk. Just like the costumes you had to buy with Zeny in the arcade game where already in the game.

Beyond that... I like the console chara's outfits a lot. Note that Ken's isn't as dull as it initially appears to be; He seems to have a furry collar, a gold neck chain, tennis shoes, and of course the longer sleeves. I'd hope for a version that changed top and pants colors seperately, like Sean had in SFIII.

A lot of the Alts I like are on chara's I don't even play much... lol. Might make me pick up a few odd people that I normally wouldn't play. (Like Vega.)

[quote name='yukine']I predict 200 points, so about $2.50 each.[/quote]

This is Capcom we're talking about, not Namco.

Paying for alt costumes is crossing a line for me. This penny pinching tactic that companies are using DLC for is really the lowest of the low but people keep buying them so they keep charging. Personally, I will be passing on these, no matter how funny blanka and el fuerte look. I may end up grabbing the CE instead though, adding some new costumes on top of the other things packaged makes it worth the extra $$$.

[quote name='Strell']I was kinda hoping someone would show up in a Phoenix Wright costume.[/quote]

Damn, that would be beyond awesome!

Ryu gets Phoenix, Ken gets Edgeworth, Akuma gets Godot.

All would be right with the world.

Does C. Viper have big jongas? She could be Mia Fey.

Balrog, Chuni-li, Cammy, Viper, and Zangief i would buy. But you wont see me paying for Blanka or El Fuerto. I think the costumes should be about 60 points each. If they are 200 points i wont be buying many. Most of the look similar, or stupid. Whats with Honda, Gouku, and Akuma wearing those big ass ropes around their body. Looks pretty stupid.

[quote name='The 7th Number'] Whats with Honda, Gouku, and Akuma wearing those big ass ropes around their body. Looks pretty stupid.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's culturally significant in terms of Japan's history, but I'd need someone to clarify that.

Only slightly interested in balrogs, TINY bit interest in gief's, no one elses matters to me. Good things its 100% optional and im not forced to pay for them.

bread's done
Back