Street Fighter IV - Gen Discussion & Info

I got my first complaint last night. Apparently I'm a loser because I block too much. Mind you this is a Ken who was spamming fireballs & shoryukens. Every blocked shoryuken was basically a free hit :lol:

I really wish I had more time to play this online.

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I had originally wanted to make C. Viper my main - but I just couldn't get her timing down and had to give it up. She is a tough one to play! its great to see those who can[/QUOTE]

same here. Ive been trying that EX seismic geyser to high jump to flam kick combo Kensou was doing....and there is no way i can do it. i cant hit the flame kick. everything else i can do. she can really play mixup really well. That elbow reminds me of the short hop in Third strike. She is definitley one for the experts of this game.

[quote name='MtlTom']I got my first complaint last night. Apparently I'm a loser because I block too much. Mind you this is a Ken who was spamming fireballs & shoryukens. Every blocked shoryuken was basically a free hit :lol:

I really wish I had more time to play this online.[/QUOTE]

Its part of the game. apparently your opponent doesnt know how to get around turtling and doesnt really know how to play ken. your going to meet those types of players online. ive met my fair share also. every shoto i face and a kid who has the mike on, i hear it through my TV all the complaining that goes on. when they cant spam fireballs and wake up shoryukens or use it as in anti air...they are completely lost. I got my first perfect today with E Honda because thats all the kid did, spam fireball and pop up shoryuken and no matter how many times i punished him...he kept on doing it. :/

you guys might like this one too. Rodimus would really enjoy this one.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl9Og6PP-fc[/media]

[quote name='seanr1221']Why does it take so long for someone to join my player lobby?

Im sick of playing ranked Kens :/[/quote]

Yeah seriously i wish they gave us something to do while we waited. All we can do is stare at the screen and change that little face. Would have been nice to view records, characters moves, or something!. But nah, just sit and wait.

E Honda has some crazy range with this throws. Wish that El was against someone else so I could see his move set would work against the usually folks.

[quote name='integralsmatic']
Its part of the game. apparently your opponent doesnt know how to get around turtling and doesnt really know how to play ken. your going to meet those types of players online. ive met my fair share also. every shoto i face and a kid who has the mike on, i hear it through my TV all the complaining that goes on. when they cant spam fireballs and wake up shoryukens or use it as in anti air...they are completely lost. I got my first perfect today with E Honda because thats all the kid did, spam fireball and pop up shoryuken and no matter how many times i punished him...he kept on doing it. :/
[/QUOTE]

Oh I know. This was just the first time I've got someone who actually complained. I found it to be hilarious. I'm by no means a pro or anything, but I hate that mentality. One of my friends gets pissed because I use throws when the opportunity presents itself. I constantly tell him instead of complaining, learn a way to adapt & overcome.

The amount of shotos in HD Remix is a big part of the reason why I picked up Balrog in that game as well as IV. He has the tools to get through fireball traps, and can definitely punish.

God damn the EL looked like he was fun to play. It most likely will take a ton of work to learn that though.

The Ken onslaught led me to move to Cammy and Bison & Balrog - the only issue is that I'm really not that great with those characters as I am with Ryu.

1337 photoshop skills

CAGTOURNEYcopy.jpg

[quote name='Soodmeg']Attention Attention.

Soodmeg has just broke the 3000 BP mark with 3008.

That is all.[/QUOTE]

Lets play. I need to borrow some BPs.

Well, I finally got the game a few days ago. Tried to fit in a few rounds with the X360 controller and got my ass handed to me. Just assumed that maybe I lost any skill that I once had with 2D fighters. Well, yesterday I got out my EX2 stick and did much better. Not only is the d-pad bad for fighters on the X360 controller, but mine doesn't always register left movement. The EX2 resolved any complaints I had.

That being said, I would like to get a SFIV SE stick down the road and mod it though. Sounds like the best bang for the buck and easy to change out stick and buttons. TE is a little rich for my blood. I'm also intrigued by the fighting pads but will probably stick to sticks for now.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Found this interesting pic in regards to Crimson Viper...

[/quote]

She is very "SNK-like" as a character.

[quote name='heavyd853']All I know is that I'd do all three, and that none of them suck in their games.[/quote]
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I had originally wanted to make C. Viper my main - but I just couldn't get her timing down and had to give it up. She is a tough one to play! its great to see those who can[/quote]

This. Also when I started playing Sagat I realized Viper sucks for the average player.

New femme fatale costumes are :drool:.

:lol:

Holy shit man. I just went like 3 wins and 20 losses after a few days of not playing online. Whats really annoying are these assholes who have "go easy on me" title and they kick my ass easy and have 3,000+ BP points. fucking cheap maneuver if you ask me. This game isnt really fun if you keep going up against guys that are just going to dominate you.

I also had a dissapointing match vs a ken. He kept doing shoryukens and i blocked/made him pay for most of them. Then he was shooting fireballs where i jumped over and kicked his ass a couple times. I had him down to 5% power and he jumped at me and i tried to low kick him using crouch and he KO'ed me before i got the chance. I was so dissapointed cos i did pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow i passed Chun Li's normal trial. My problem was i was trying to do the HP+HP and Down+MK x 3 all in the same jump. When i had to do the punches first, land, then jump again and do the kicks. Once i seen how it was supposed to be done it was easy to do. Too bad the game didnt tell me that i needed to do it in 2 jumps.

Right now im on Chun Li Hard trial number 2. Im having a very hard time trying to get the medium kick to land after i hit Dan with the Light Special kicks. Ive done it a couple times out of say 100 tries, but i cant seem to nail the super combo when i unexpectedly hit the 2nd medium kick.

EDIT. Aww yeah just beat it, now im on level 3 hard.

Play player matches with people on your friends list or people from CAG. You'll probably enjoy yourself a lot more playing with people you know. Battle Points don't mean anything, the system is broken, and playing against random people dc'ing or spamming fireballs and srk's trying to amass bp all the time just sucks. You can still be competitive in non-ranked games, and, at least in my experience, people are more willing to try out new characters.

The thing is too because it's all spam and cheese it's not helping you learn to play or get better at your character, just get better and counting the same cheese.

[quote name='amusedtoe']The thing is too because it's all spam and cheese it's not helping you learn to play or get better at your character, just get better and counting the same cheese.[/QUOTE]

No offense, I mean I do more than my fair share of whining about this game, but you've gotta learn how to deal with the spammers and "cheesy" tactics. For better or for worse, it's part of the game and if you choose to ignore it, your always gonna have a weakness in your game.

Quite frankly, if I were in a match and it were close and I KNEW spamming would beat you, I'd use it until you proved you could beat it.

I didn't say I couldn't handle it, I said that's all playing online teaches you right now. Just playing anti-cheese doesn't expand your abilities or let you know your character. You need to play against equally skilled or better players otherwise it's like playing scrabble against the brain dead guy in the coma.

I can't even find a match against anyone above 300bp no matter how I get into a game which is just silly.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Play player matches with people on your friends list or people from CAG. You'll probably enjoy yourself a lot more playing with people you know. Battle Points don't mean anything, the system is broken, and playing against random people dc'ing or spamming fireballs and srk's trying to amass bp all the time just sucks. You can still be competitive in non-ranked games, and, at least in my experience, people are more willing to try out new characters.[/quote]

Yep. Also it appears the top 2 people with BP's are the same person boosting. So really, who cares?

For the last 2 days I've only played against people that give up 10 or less BP's. I think I'll stick to player matches. BP's don't mean shit.

For the love of god, does anyone want to play for about a half hour or so? Every player match I try to join fails or I play 1 game and the fuckers sit on the medal screen and don't ready up.

Damn i finally got past the Sakura Hard Trials level 3 and now im on level 4. But i can barely get the first 2 moves to register. I cant get any rhythm past the down, Back kick move because the first part is so difficult to pull off. I cant even worry about the 2nd half of the combo. Damn. Only 2 more levels for some damn icons! :(

[quote name='PhrostByte']I'll play.[/quote]

I'm not sure I have you on my list. I'll be back on later if you're still on.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Damn i finally got past the Sakura Hard Trials level 3 and now im on level 4. But i can barely get the first 2 moves to register. I cant get any rhythm past the down, Back kick move because the first part is so difficult to pull off. I cant even worry about the 2nd half of the combo. Damn. Only 2 more levels for some damn icons! :([/quote]

I'm on level 4 of Balrog. I've watched the videos but I just haven't done it yet.

Finally was able to play for a long session on xbox live without much lag. Was refreshing to play a variety of characters on ranked. I was most surprised by someones Rose, was really good.

ZOMG i beat all trials for Sakura! im so proud of myself. LOL I never thought i would be able to beat any. Too bad the pic of Sakura is that ugly one thats plastered everywhere. :(

[quote name='Furashu']guys dont forget to sign up the the SF4 Monthly Tournament!
There are prizes too!
and its free so ure not risking anything![/QUOTE]

Where's the signup?

Shit i only have level 5 hard trial mode to do with Chun li. Problem im having is i cant connect the (back+MK). I get up to that point and i cant get it to work till its too late. Can anyone help me with this?

ill start to get some player matches with you guys later in the week. i had a really good session with a Blanka/Guile player. i see the potential in Blanka. That backflip roll thing is funky. I like how it can cross you up.

i did beat his Sagat with Dan...he wasnt too happy about it.

edit: here is a story regarding the SF IV patch.

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-287867.aspx

Capcom previously revealed plans to boost Street Fighter IV's multiplayer mode with a huge free Championship mode expansion shortly after launch but, despite the game having been out for over a week, there's still no ETA on the patch's release.

The new patch, as previously reported, is expected to expand the multiplayer portion of the game with an enhanced Tournament matchmaking system, a new points ranking system and the ability to record, play back and upload fight replays.

Sounds great, but don't hold your breath because Capcom was still unable to give CVG an estimated release for it this morning.

Dude seriously whats wrong with vega. I keep trying to do his ultra in trials and he wont hit dan. Just keeps keeps floating over the top of him. How am i supposed to complete this when the move wont hit him?

Finally got it, wow that move is easy to pull off but the damn CPU hardly hits him.

Man i wish these Trials were more of a learning mode. Im trying to do this move with viper that starts with a Focus Attack, then a down back EX punch. I have no fucking clue when to do the 2nd move. The game dont tell me shit, all i have to do is sit and wonder how the hell this is done. I try to do it right after i let go of the Focus, when i thinkg there is space after the move hits, i try hitting it fast and then doing it. Nothing is working.

EDIT, I got it. I guess i had to cancel the Focus attack by double tapping forward.

Wow today i finished Sakura Normal and Hard trials. Finished Normal Trials for Ken, Chun Li, Honda, Blanka, Balrog, Vega, Bison, and Viper. Wow. I guess all i needed to was a little patience. And keep trying to get them right. I also switch up the button layout to make it as easy as possible. hehe.

My updated Trials Checklist
Trials
N = Normal Trials
H = Hard Trials
F = Finished all levels of Trials

N - H - Fighter
F - 2 - Ryu
F - 1 - Ken
F - 1 - Chun Li
F - 1 - E.Honda
F - 2 - Blanka
F - 1 - Zangief
4 - 1 - Guile (having trouble doing the flashkick into double flash kick)
3 - 1 - Dhalsim
F - 1 - Balrog
F - 1 - Vega
F - 3 - Sagat
F - 1 - Bison
F - 2 - C.Viper
4 - 2 - Rufus
3 - 1 - El Fuerte
3 - 1 - Abel
Complete - Sakura
F - 1 - Dan
4 - 1 - Rose
2 - 1 - Gen
4 - 1 - Cammy
4 - 1 - Fei Long
4 - 1 - Akuma
3 - 1 - Gouken
4 - 2 - Seth

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have problems with Gouken blocking Ultras online? Everytime I try to do an Ultra with Sagat on Gouken, no matter how open or close I am they are able to block it.

[quote name='The 7th Number']

EDIT, I got it. I guess i had to cancel the Focus attack by double tapping forward.

Wow today i finished Sakura Normal and Hard trials. Finished Normal Trials for Ken, Chun Li, Honda, Blanka, Balrog, Vega, Bison, and Viper. Wow. I guess all i needed to was a little patience. And keep trying to get them right. I also switch up the button layout to make it as easy as possible. hehe.
[/quote]

Yeah once u get into a rhythm u are pretty good for whatever character. Most of the people are pretty simple on Normal like ken, ryu. I thought chunli's normal was by far the hardest. Had an issue for awhile with Fuerte's one trial where u need to Jumpin > hit? > run hit> special. but every character has a 1 combo for trial 4 where its slightly more difficult then the rest.

edit: video of some guy flying through all the trials. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=kalelulen4&view=videos
Its helpful with some moves like when u need to do a heavy kick into a special...sometimes ure character has 2 different heavy kicks. one at very close range another and normal (and dalhsim i had to hold back to do his non stretchy shit...vids helped me w/ that)

bread's done
Back