Strell's Lowball: Slowly sending packages out. Thanks everyone!

I made my Okami bid at 10pm.. does it count? It was made before your it's over post. Let me know ASAP so I can just order the GH off Amazon right now. Ahaha. :D

Edit: Answered my question 2 posts above. Woo.

C'mon people I tried to make this as easy as possible - multiple posts detailing countdown times, updating the thread title. If you were interested in something, it was pretty easy to see when you should have put in the bids - I tried to make it as clear as I could given the restraints of this forum.

The absolute end is my "It's over" post. Anything after that is not valid, everything before is.

[quote name='Strell']Holy damn.

I need a stiff drink. And a stiff woman.[/QUOTE]
Yep, see yourself doing more in the future? ;) :applause:

Before I forget again, I also wanted to know what the cooler on the card was to see if it'll fit on my current mobo setup. Again, doesn't really matter much, but I have a PCI card jamming the second slot under...
[quote name='ejamer']Friggin snippers. If you want something, make a legitamite bid early.

I wasn't going to change my bid at the last minute, but did so out of spite after seeing people try to snipe me. Don't know if I won or not, but that hardly matters at this point. Bwahahaha!
:p[/QUOTE]
Yeah... it's an easy way to screw people out of money they would have gotten, to say the least. Not fun for the seller, nor fun for those that were putting in legitimate bids.

[quote name='Crimsonscyes']According to my time the "It's Over" post was posted at 12:01am so was 12:01am the deadline or 12am?[/QUOTE]

The dude already said that any posts before his "It's Over" post will count and nothing after.

[quote name='Crimsonscyes']According to my time the "It's Over" post was posted at 12:01am so was 12:01am the deadline or 12am?[/QUOTE]

The deadline was 12:00. I hit the submit button right then on my comp. I tried to sync up my clock to CAG's but I guess that didn't work out as well as I would have liked.

[quote name='Doomstink']Shit. I've got no idea what I wound up winning... guess I'll check back in a bit and see what I got. I think I lost out on most of what I bid on.

Also, this was my first lowball sale... are you allowed to edit your posts and/or use spoiler tags? I thought editing my post would go against the "bidding" structure, as it would be unfair to edit a post on page 27 when everyone is looking at page 29.[/QUOTE]

Editing and spoiler tags are against the rules since it would make it harder for others and the OP to keep track of prices.

[quote name='mis0']The dude already said that any posts before his "It's Over" post will count and nothing after.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm asking about because it was posted at 12:01am when he said 12am was the deadline...

[quote name='DrgnAK']Yep, see yourself doing more in the future? ;) :applause:
[/QUOTE]

Nothing near this magnitude, sadly.

But I do have plans for future ones where the items will be fewer but potentially more unique, in the form of one-of-a-kind things.

I'll leave it up to everyone's imagination at that point.

Any guesstimation on when you'll have the final results? I'm ancy to find out what I actually managed to get but I'm far too lazy to sift through all the posts and figure out who bid more than who.

[quote name='Shady3011']Editing and spoiler tags are against the rules since it would make it harder for others and the OP to keep track of prices.[/QUOTE]

I never thought about this happening, but if I see posts edited beyond the deadline, the bid will obviously be invalid.

So if you bid on 4-5 things and I see that, everything is dead in the water, and I'll backtrack to the bids before them.

So please keep it honest guys. We're CAGs, and I'm not here to screw anyone over.

Except lilboo on an antique desk.

Doomstink: I'm going to attempt to do it right now. Already adrenaline rushed. :p

The deadline was the red "It's Over" post. Pretty clear and obvious. Pretty fair too, and I think it's worth congratulating Strell on how fair and reasonable he was for the entire auction.

I know we're all cheapasses here (and don't belittle anyone with that tag) but let's give him a break and let him clean things up after that madness that was the last 2 minutes.

[quote name='Crimsonscyes']That's what I'm asking about because it was posted at 12:01am when he said 12am was the deadline...[/QUOTE]

He ain't no robot man, it's the internet, there's delay and stuff especially if everyone is refreshing the same page. He probably posted it at 12am from wherever he was and it probably took some time to register and go through. I think we can trust Strell with whatever he decides.

BTW...hell of a sale Strell. Can't imagine doing it better. Still can't believe some items. I looked over your whole list no less than 20 times.

Don't you love the fun of doing one of these Strell? I had the same fun a few months back.;) Course I got a really good laugh when I had a few snipers come in around midnight but it was the wrong day (ended on saturday at midnight , they came in friday at midnight) due to some legit confusion about the endtime of the sale.:lol:

[quote name='Doomstink']Any guesstimation on when you'll have the final results? I'm ancy to find out what I actually managed to get but I'm far too lazy to sift through all the posts and figure out who bid more than who.[/QUOTE]
You can use the thread search (Search this Thread) for posts containing the item(s) you're interested in. For example, if I wanted to see who won the card I bid on, I'd search for ATI Radeon x1650 and just go to the latest post that contains it.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I crushed a lot of bitches under das sniping boot[/QUOTE]
snipers_3.jpg

Now it's time for bed. Good luck sorting everything out -- I'm pretty sure I won a couple things, so will check for payment options in the morning. Nice auction Strell, and I hope you made out better than expected.

[quote name='Crimsonscyes']And Okami :p[/QUOTE]

Haha. Maybe. Depending on how Strell decides because I have you outbidded before the "It's Over" post.

Thanks for taking the NGPC bundle Earthbound...I have been having trouble the past few days trying to explain that purchase to the GF.

Great Lowball Strell, I didnt win anything so I cant leave you feedback, but I just wanted to let it be known your communication has been excellent this entire time. The way you have conducted this lowball was exemplary and I hope to have a chance to deal with you in the future as you seem to be a truly stand-up CAG.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Thanks for taking the NGPC bundle Earthbound...I have been having trouble the past few days trying to explain that purchase to the GF. [/QUOTE]

Sorry and You're welcome I guess, lol.

[quote name='Shady3011']Editing and spoiler tags are against the rules since it would make it harder for others and the OP to keep track of prices.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, so I avoided doing so. I "spoilered" it at first, but quickly removed it when I realized it could be against the rules. I saw another poster talking about editing his post, so I was curious to know what the rules were.

Anyways, I wound up filtering through all the posts anyways. This is apparently what I won (could be wrong, though, if I missed something):

#6 Zelda: Majora's Mask CE $30.50 (I'd actually rather have #6 than #5, since it has no rips in it despite the higher "out of 10" score)
Silent Bomber (CD only) $7.50
Descent (sealed) $10.00
3DO Games $18.00

Not too bad, I guess. I had been looking for a copy of MM for my sealed collection, and this is just the right price.

[quote name='mis0']Haha. Maybe. Depending on how Strell decides because I have you outbidded before the "It's Over" post.[/QUOTE]

Well again, that's why I was asking about the "it's over" post. Because I thought 12am was when he would have posted "It's Over", but it was posted a minute later and during that time is when you made your bid.

$38 is what I got for my total hope that helps a little.
Killer Instinct (with manual) $6
Mortal Kombat II (with manual) $2 flare1185
Street Fighter II $2 flare1185
Metal Slug 4 & 5 $5 flare1185
Persona 3 (Original, comes with soundtrack, artbook, carboard sleeve box) $22 flare1185
King of Fighters Evolution $1 flare1185

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hero101']Did hero win anything?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Sorry. :cry:

[quote name='mis0']Haha. Maybe. Depending on how Strell decides because I have you outbidded before the "It's Over" post.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think everything before that post is valid. Strell did an amazing job of letting everyone know when the auction ended. He kept the OP updated until the last 5 minutes which is rare for most lowballs. On top of that, he kept counting down until the end.

Some people will argue semantics, but the way I see it the OP can end a lowball whenever they want. In this case, the sheer madness of the ending made it pretty much a matter of timing and luck to come out on top.

In hindsight, I wish I had more foresight about the end since I did end up losing a lot of stuff I bid on. However, now my end total is considerably less. ;)

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I don't even know what I won, lol, I just posted and hoped for the best, unless one or two things caught my eye get bid up[/QUOTE]

Looks like I got my bid in before you did on the Logitech Wireless DJ Music System.

Also, great Lowball Strell :cool:

[quote name='Shady3011']
Honestly, I think everything before that post is valid. Strell did an amazing job of letting everyone know when the auction ended. He kept the OP updated until the last 5 minutes which is rare for most lowballs. On top of that, he kept counting down until the end.

Some people will argue semantics, but the way I see it the OP can end a lowball whenever they want. In this case, the sheer madness of the ending made it pretty much a matter of timing and luck to come out on top.

In hindsight, I wish I had more foresight about the end since I did end up losing a lot of stuff I bid on. However, now my end total is considerably less. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well said. I think Strell is going to get a lot of shit from some people who are going to bitch about technicalities and what not. But yeah, Strell ain't no lowball robot, there's no way he could have timed the end time exactly.

[quote name='Shady3011']I don't think so. Sorry. :cry:

In hindsight, I wish I had more foresight about the end since I did end up losing a lot of stuff I bid on. However, now my end total is considerably less. ;)[/QUOTE]

Please don't take the D2 outbid seriously. The last time I've seen it was years ago disc only (and in rather crappy shape) at Gamestop for $20, couldn't resist finally purchasing it (and sealed to boot!).

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']
Super Metroid - $9
Super Metroid - $9

PS1:
Point Blank 3 (Sealed) - $8
Point Blank 3 (Sealed) - $8

Longbox PS1:
Descent (sealed) $9
Descent (sealed) $9
[/QUOTE]

Just noticed this, I hate seeing this kind of shit in lowballs. People buying "cheap" from some kind person with pretty obvious intentions on reselling for profit. But of course others may feel differently...

[quote name='flare1185']$41.5 is what I got for my total hope that helps a little.
Killer Instinct (with manual) $6
Mortal Kombat II (with manual) $2 flare1185
Starfox $3.50 flare1185
Street Fighter II $2 flare1185
Metal Slug 4 & 5 $5 flare1185
Persona 3 (Original, comes with soundtrack, artbook, carboard sleeve box) $22 flare1185
King of Fighters Evolution $1 flare1185[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I outbid you on Starfox

[quote name='Lightning Bolt']Looks like I got my bid in before you did on the Logitech Wireless DJ Music System.

Also, great Lowball Strell :cool:[/QUOTE]

Ya, I know, lol, I'm assuming you saw that I bid that before I edited after noticing the "It's Over", lol

[quote name='Rozz']Please don't take the D2 outbid seriously. The last time I've seen it was years ago disc only (and in rather crappy shape) at Gamestop for $20, couldn't resist finally purchasing it (and sealed to boot!).[/QUOTE]

I think Dr. Mario Kart came out on top with that one, but this is an auction. If I had really wanted it, I should have bid high early to more or less secure it. It's a risky game of chance but sometimes it is worth it.

Edit: Now I'm responding to phantom posts. 8-[

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Just noticed this, I hate seeing this kind of shit in lowballs. People buying "cheap" from some kind person with pretty obvious intentions on reselling for profit. But of course others may feel differently...[/QUOTE]

You can get upset about it, but Strell would have made less money without those bids. Dr. Mario Kart nearly doubled the bids on those Point Blank 3 (I tried bidding $4.50 on one :cry:). However, I managed to get a higher bid in for one of those sealed Descents. He outbid me on all the DC games I wanted for my sealed collection, though. No big deal.

[quote name='Doomstink']You can get upset about it, but Strell would have made less money without those bids. Dr. Mario Kart nearly doubled the bids on those Point Blank 3 (I tried bidding $4.50 on one :cry:). However, I managed to get a higher bid in for one of those sealed Descents. He outbid me on all the DC games I wanted for my sealed collection, though. No big deal.[/QUOTE]

Ya, no big deal, just kinda a dick thing to do. Totally ok for Strell, his stuff, his lowball, he should get whatever the top amount people bid on anything.

Besides, only affected me with respects to the Super Metroid guides.

bread's done
Back