Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/28/12 to 11/3/12) Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Target

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy discounts the Nintendo 3DS by $10. The 100% bonus on trade-ins continues.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop offers the Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle for $49.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart advertises Assassins Creed 3 for $49.99 + $10 gaming coupon. WWE 13 and NFS: Most Wanted $59.99 both come with a $15 gaming coupon. SYWR members get a $5 reward card when they spend $50.

icontarget.gif
Target is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on all games. The Wii Sports bundle drops to $119 and the Nintendo 3DS is $145.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us has no ad this week.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, coopscohen - See post here

iconbestbuy.gif
100% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game
:3ds: Nintendo 3DS $159.99 after $10 savings

GameStop (Ad)

Valid until 10/30

:360::ps3: Resident Evil: ORC $19.99
:360::ps3: Mass Effect 3 $19.99
:ps3::psp: Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle $49.99
:360: Witcher 2 $29.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $19.99
:360::ps3: SSX $19.99
:360::ps3: Lollipop Chainsaw $19.99
:360::ps3: Batman AA GOTY $14.99
:360::ps3: Batman Arkham City GOTY $29.99
:ds: Lego Batman 2 $14.99
:360::ps3: 30% TIV Credit towards Assassins Creed 3

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, htz- See post here

iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Assassins Creed 3 $49.99 with $10 gaming coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='andjuan']I didn't pay for express shipping but I had a tracking number for Halo 4 and Forza this morning. According to the target.com email, it was scheduled to be here by the 11/1. This afternoon, the UPS page says the package has been recalled by the shipper and it's headed back to them. So I guess I won't be getting to play Halo 4 a week early. Oh well. I am bummed that it delays the arrival of Forza though.[/QUOTE]

Dang, that sucks. i knew something was odd when it said halo 4 in stock instead of pre-order
and that it would ship early.

[quote name='Tsel']Saint's Row The Third is also getting a complete edition.[/QUOTE]

Eh, thanks. I think I'll hold off for now. Might grab Uncharted GOTY, Killzone Trilogy since I only own the 2nd game, and something else for 40.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I think Homefront has a "complete" edition.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that is for pc only. And no I highly doubt darksiders 2 will have a complete edition.

Just got back from WM and they said they wouldnt match targets B2G1 offer. 2 reasons, because Targets wording of "limited quantities" in the description of the offer, and I wanted AC3 WWE13 and NFSMW. On the cover, it shows only AC3 and WWE13 NOT NFSMW.....i guess im waiting til 8am to go to Target. :(

So...can I get 3 $60 games and return two for $80 to get a $40 game? (RE6, AC3, NFSMW)

If I return AC3, can I keep the Dr. Pepper 12pk from the coupon?

And SCORE! My nearest WalMart came through, PM to 39.97 each. Plus NFS:MW ("Limited" Edition) and ACIII had the WalMart bonuses that I thought would be online and/or pre-order only.

So glad I won't have to waste the gas on another trip plus the weather here is starting to suck, not NE States Sandy suck but still suck over the next couple days.

[quote name='PHOENIXZERO']And SCORE! My nearest WalMart came through, PM to 39.97 each. Plus NFS:MW ("Limited" Edition) and ACIII had the WalMart bonuses that I thought would be online and/or pre-order only.

So glad I won't have to waste the gas on another trip plus the weather here is starting to suck, not NE States Sandy suck but still suck over the next couple days.[/QUOTE]

What 3rd game did you get if i can ask?

[quote name='jboeling']What 3rd game did you get if i can ask?[/QUOTE]

WWE '13 and yes, like NFS:MW the Mike Tyson bonus is in all first run copies..

Got back a little later than I planned, partially because I let everyone else that was there go ahead of me which only amounted to like three people but the associate or whatever they're called now had to look for NFS:MW and WWE '13 and that took around 10-15 minutes. I let this kid who was there for WWE '13 and his father go ahead of me so I wouldn't hold anyone up. Was completely hassle free surprisingly, just had a bit of issue as apparently WM changed how they ring up price matched BxGx deals so something and needed a couple overrides before stuff was worked out. Then I wasted another 15 or so minutes picking up stuff and a store card not wanting to work at a self check out and my thinking I lost something. But still, made it back about 10 after 1AM and while it's windy as hell I beat the the tail (if you want to call it that) of Sandy that's apparently hitting up here.

Played a bit of NFS:MW but I think I'm gonna just cra... Sleep.

[quote name='PHOENIXZERO']WWE '13 and yes, like NFS:MW the Mike Tyson bonus is in all first run copies..

[/QUOTE]
He is? I thought Tyson was a preorder bonus?

I guess launch shipments count as prorders...they did it with rock last year.

Though if you miss out, he SHOULD be available around or after wrestlemania for a buck/ 80 msp.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Pretty sure that is for pc only. And no I highly doubt darksiders 2 will have a complete edition.[/QUOTE]

Why? Because it sold shitty numbers?

[quote name='bigdaddykyler']I guess launch shipments count as prorders...they did it with rock last year.

Though if you miss out, he SHOULD be available around or after wrestlemania for a buck/ 80 msp.[/QUOTE]
By preorder, I meant actually preordering the game, and getting the code via email or on reciept. At least thats how I took it when I heard it was a preorder bonus

Going to try to get Best Buy to PM for WWE 13, NFS and either Forza/NBA2K13/AC3. But honestly if they don't I won't be heartbroken. Backlog and not much time. I just love deals.

Just got back from Target. No NFS Vita which irritates me. They had all the other games except for this one. The guy looked it up in the system and couldn't find it either.

[quote name='udryguy']Just got back from Target. No NFS Vita which irritates me. They had all the other games except for this one. The guy looked it up in the system and couldn't find it either.[/QUOTE]

Just got back from Target. Mine had NFSMW for Vita. I could not find it online last night, so I was kind of worried (although I knew Target.com is a pretty poor site). Picked up NFS Vita, AC3 Vita, and New Super Mario 2. The B2G1 worked fine.

I was surprised that it seemed like Target only had a few copies of Vita NFS and Vita AC3. Not sure if they have low stock or more in the back. Of course, sadly, it may just be an indicator of how poorly the Vita is doing. I hope both games help generate more interest in the system.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']I don't suppose either of you guys saw Ragnarok Odyssey on the shelf, by some stroke of luck?[/QUOTE]

Also wanting to know this.

Also assuming this b2g1 is in-store only?

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Just got back from Target. Mine had NFSMW for Vita. I could not find it online last night, so I was kind of worried (although I knew Target.com is a pretty poor site). Picked up NFS Vita, AC3 Vita, and New Super Mario 2. The B2G1 worked fine.

I was surprised that it seemed like Target only had a few copies of Vita NFS and Vita AC3. Not sure if they have low stock or more in the back. Of course, sadly, it may just be an indicator of how poorly the Vita is doing. I hope both games help generate more interest in the system.[/QUOTE]

Did you see zone of the enders?

I had a fucking aggravating experience at both Target and Kmart this morning and ultimately left empty handed.

I went to Kmart a few minutes after opening and of course there was no one in electronics (register was powered off, TV's were off, etc.) but I did see a cardboard box with a few AC3 and NFS games in it. I waited about 15 minutes and decided to go to customer service. The lady at customer service said I could bring the games to the front of the store and pay for them there but the only register open was the customer service register and that doesn't have a catalina (Coupon) printer so I wouldn't have gotten the gaming coupons. I asked her if she could open another register and she told me that would require a manager and the manager was currently on a phone call. Was very annoyed so I went across the street to target instead.

Target didn't have any of the games out. They had two young male employees stocking DVD's/Blu-ray's. I asked them if they could get me AC3 and check on other games (I wanted to know if they had ZOTE or NFS: MW Vita). I was told that that wasn't their job (video games) and that they had been told specifically to stock the movies. Apparently the video game girl called out so the two gentlemen said they wouldn't be able to stock games until at least noon.

I didn't even bother to argue. I can't believe this is how shitty retail has gotten. I was at Walmart last night and they were getting ready to put the games out at 10PM (I was inquiring about a PM for the B2G1 and was shot down).

The sad thing is although I was the only one at Kmart and most likely the only one that will buy AC3 from them (my store is slow) there were at least 2 or 3 other people at Target scouring the video game section that looked frustrated too and just left.

I really don't understand why games aren't put out the night before (at store hours) or the morning of (before store hours).

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Does BB take print out ads for PMs? For some reason, like the first time in years, my paper this weekend came with a Sears ad and not a K-Mart ad, and the Sears ad still shows AC3 for $59.99.

Also, does anyone know what I have to do to PM AC3 that first day at BB without losing my RZ cert? I just need to tell the person working that it can't be listed as a return, just something else, right?[/QUOTE]

Can anyone help?

Got AC3, NFS, and WWE. Still in store working on 2nd group. I'm getting NFS Vita.

No Ragnarok.
No ZOE.

Guy can't find them in computer.

They do have Super Monkey Ball,AC, and Smart As for Vita tho.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Can anyone help?[/QUOTE]

Ok, let me try to help you out. They may take the print out ad, but usually they'll double check on a computer. If they check on the computer, direct them towards the weekly ad.

As for PMing that price AND getting your RZ cert, that's definitely YMMV. I've been on the receiving end of some dirty looks for some PM attempts (and been shot down) and this sounds like one of those, but you may have better luck than I have. Just be truthful and not sleazy about it, you may get away with it. I think you may have better luck if it's not listed on the receipt that the cert was applied to your account (I actually don't think it is) so you can come back and get it PM'd later on today or another day; not sure how that would go though, but good luck!

[quote name='Orochi Jin']No Ragnarok.
No ZOE.

Guy can't find them in computer.[/QUOTE]

Target being ineffective... what a surprise! :roll:

[quote name='animemaniac14']is the target site being slow for anyone else?[/QUOTE]
Yep, checked it this morning before heading out and what I saw got me a little worried. It said WWE'13 was available in store, but not online, and Assassin's Creed 3 was not available in store, but was online.

Thankfully that wasn't the case, got there when they opened, picked up both for the ps3 along with RE6, then got my money back on it. Great service, no hassle.

WWE came with Tyson, and AC3 came with exclusive skins and a "Target Edition" cover.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I think Homefront has a "complete" edition.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GBAstar']Did you see zone of the enders?

I had a fucking aggravating experience at both Target and Kmart this morning and ultimately left empty handed.

I went to Kmart a few minutes after opening and of course there was no one in electronics (register was powered off, TV's were off, etc.) but I did see a cardboard box with a few AC3 and NFS games in it. I waited about 15 minutes and decided to go to customer service. The lady at customer service said I could bring the games to the front of the store and pay for them there but the only register open was the customer service register and that doesn't have a catalina (Coupon) printer so I wouldn't have gotten the gaming coupons. I asked her if she could open another register and she told me that would require a manager and the manager was currently on a phone call. Was very annoyed so I went across the street to target instead.

Target didn't have any of the games out. They had two young male employees stocking DVD's/Blu-ray's. I asked them if they could get me AC3 and check on other games (I wanted to know if they had ZOTE or NFS: MW Vita). I was told that that wasn't their job (video games) and that they had been told specifically to stock the movies. Apparently the video game girl called out so the two gentlemen said they wouldn't be able to stock games until at least noon.

I didn't even bother to argue. I can't believe this is how shitty retail has gotten. I was at Walmart last night and they were getting ready to put the games out at 10PM (I was inquiring about a PM for the B2G1 and was shot down).

The sad thing is although I was the only one at Kmart and most likely the only one that will buy AC3 from them (my store is slow) there were at least 2 or 3 other people at Target scouring the video game section that looked frustrated too and just left.

I really don't understand why games aren't put out the night before (at store hours) or the morning of (before store hours).[/QUOTE]

The reason is because in targets employment policy you have only 30 min after store closing to clean up. Before store hours is when they receive truck shipments and have to stock the back rooms. The bulk stocking of the day is when they actually are able to stock the floor.

Besides big box retailers don't worry about video games much as there is not much profit there. All the profit comes from accessories such as cables and the likes.

The two guys who didn't help you however are complete dicks and you should have just kept hitting the help button in electronics till either someone with half a brain walked over or the leader of the day (manager) and complained. Never know you could have gotten a $5 apology coupon from them.

[quote name='PHOENIXZERO']WWE '13 and yes, like NFS:MW the Mike Tyson bonus is in all first run copies..

Got back a little later than I planned, partially because I let everyone else that was there go ahead of me which only amounted to like three people but the associate or whatever they're called now had to look for NFS:MW and WWE '13 and that took around 10-15 minutes. I let this kid who was there for WWE '13 and his father go ahead of me so I wouldn't hold anyone up. Was completely hassle free surprisingly, just had a bit of issue as apparently WM changed how they ring up price matched BxGx deals so something and needed a couple overrides before stuff was worked out. Then I wasted another 15 or so minutes picking up stuff and a store card not wanting to work at a self check out and my thinking I lost something. But still, made it back about 10 after 1AM and while it's windy as hell I beat the the tail (if you want to call it that) of Sandy that's apparently hitting up here.

Played a bit of NFS:MW but I think I'm gonna just cra... Sleep.[/QUOTE]

Sweet Deal, Glad it worked for someone, i got all 3 copies from Target this morning at 8am. There was literally no one in the electronics dept at all! Easy as cake. Wish i would've already been playing it though. damn WM!!!

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']I don't suppose either of you guys saw Ragnarok Odyssey on the shelf, by some stroke of luck?[/QUOTE]

Did not see Ragnarok, but was not looking. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed it, though. This is because there are so few Vita titles, so any of them will stand out.

Also can't comment on Zone of Enders since I pretty much only looked at the Vita titles and knew what I was looking for going in.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Ok, let me try to help you out. They may take the print out ad, but usually they'll double check on a computer. If they check on the computer, direct them towards the weekly ad.

As for PMing that price AND getting your RZ cert, that's definitely YMMV. I've been on the receiving end of some dirty looks for some PM attempts (and been shot down) and this sounds like one of those, but you may have better luck than I have. Just be truthful and not sleazy about it, you may get away with it. I think you may have better luck if it's not listed on the receipt that the cert was applied to your account (I actually don't think it is) so you can come back and get it PM'd later on today or another day; not sure how that would go though, but good luck!
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I actually went and got the ad at K-Mart a few minutes ago, so I'm good there. Not sure why it would be a problem with the PM, it's a legitimate PM under their policy. I just want to make sure that it's just as easy as telling them it can't be rung up as a return or exchange, right? I know people have PM'd other titles in the RZ cert process, just obviously not this close to/on release.

Also, the BB is pretty far away and I did In-Store Pick Up. Would I just be able to do a PM via BB's customer service number or do I have to do it in store?

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Thanks. I actually went and got the ad at K-Mart a few minutes ago, so I'm good there. Not sure why it would be a problem with the PM, it's a legitimate PM under their policy. I just want to make sure that it's just as easy as telling them it can't be rung up as a return or exchange, right? I know people have PM'd other titles in the RZ cert process, just obviously not this close to/on release.

Also, the BB is pretty far away and I did In-Store Pick Up. Would I just be able to do a PM via BB's customer service number or do I have to do it in store?[/QUOTE]

For in-store pick up I think you're required to do the PM onlin as that is where you placed the order

[quote name='GBAstar']For in-store pick up I think you're required to do the PM onlin as that is where you placed the order[/QUOTE]

Really? Guess that means I can't do the in-store PM and hope for the $10 GC too. Oh well, not a huge deal, just mostly care about getting the $10 back.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Really? Guess that means I can't do the in-store PM and hope for the $10 GC too. Oh well, not a huge deal, just mostly care about getting the $10 back.[/QUOTE]

There are obviously exceptions and it depends on the employee but my store typically wants nothing to do with in-store pick up items as it pertains to PM's.

[quote name='Bitt3r']Target's Ragnorak Odyssey page says that it isn't sold in stores.[/QUOTE]

That may be accurate in this case but that can't be relied on. I've found several games that are listed "online only" but do appear in store such as Dishonored.

For target, is the Buy 2 get 1 free in store as well? I'm heading to gamestop to pick up my pre-ordered copy of Assassins Creed III in a bit, and Target is right next door, so I wouldn't mind running in there and Picking up Need For Speed: Most Wanted, AC3 Liberation, and Pokemon White 2 if you can do buy 2 get 1 free in store.

[quote name='udryguy']No NFS Vita which irritates me. [/QUOTE]

That sucks! :cry:

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Just got back from Target. Mine had NFSMW for Vita. [/QUOTE]

That rocks! :applause:

So...it's going to be a crapshoot, huh?

Haven't shopped at K-Mart in a few years, would the $15 gaming credit and $5 card apply to a 1600 MSP card? I seem to remember there were problems with this since they treat them like gift cards. If it works I'll get it there since the Fan Axxess DLC is 1600 MSP, be like getting it for free.

Just got back from bestbuy in va. I brought the target add in they matched it. I picked up assassin creed vita, zone of Enders,need for speed vita. I also brought my unopened doom 3 from last weeks b2g1 at best buy returned it and got assassins 3 for ps3 for 15 after they took my 5 off because I had it preordered. The lady also told me they had a email this morning to use judgement when price matching target. Good luck

[quote name='jboeling']Sweet Deal, Glad it worked for someone, i got all 3 copies from Target this morning at 8am. There was literally no one in the electronics dept at all! Easy as cake. Wish i would've already been playing it though. damn WM!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, just before being rung up I whipped the ad out and asked for the PM, she mentioned the lack of prices so I quickly turned the page and pointed out the price for NFS:MW and ACIII was actually in the ad and went on with how it was for all their games, no price listed for WWE'13 but she didn't give me a hard time with that since the price was obvious... Didn't even need the WWE'13 and NFS:MW pages I printed from Target's site.

At least you got the games you wanted in the end. =D

Picked up wwe 13, AC3, and AC vita. I wanted to get ZOE HD collection but it said on the store page it wasn't sold in stores so I wasn't surprised to not find it. Then I asked if I could do a BLOPS 2 preorder as my 3rd and the lady said no. For someone that saved $40 I feel kinda bummed :)

picked up nfs mw, ac liberation, and little big planet vita this morning. went to 3 targets, all had most wanted, but 2 were out of stock already. none of them had ragnarok

Kmart coupons & gift cards aren't printing... I got the gift cards from customer service. Said they can't do anything about the coupon. Said they was gonna deal with it. I'm probably just gonna return if I can't get the coupon cause they stack.

[quote name='GBAstar']Did you see zone of the enders?

I really don't understand why games aren't put out the night before (at store hours) or the morning of (before store hours).[/QUOTE]

I went today about 2 hours ago, and my Target had the section fully stocked with the new titles. And i'm guessing they've had to have done it last night, or really early this morning as they had two whole endstands dedicated to the new release games that were caged up with displays and everything so some kind of work was done. One had WWE13 and something else, and the other was ACIII and NFS. So I guess it just depends on the store.

I mean the employee who was actually a nice enough guy was completely clueless about video games I could tell, but they were on point when it came to stocking.

Picked up 2 WWE13, 2 ACIII, Dishonored and NFS MW. Just did separate transactions because I didn't want to risk the hassle of the register not ringing up 2 of the same game for free.

Lol wow. I see a bunch of resellers buying ACIII in bulk. Even seen one reseller wife buying a crapload of 3DSs as well. Should've took a picture and show them to the CAG community.

This was at the Alhambra location.

I went to Target to buy Most Wanted PC, and man their PC section was almost extremely void of any games let alone new releases. I am going to guess Target is not going to sell Most Wanted PC, if anyone sees it - Let me know.

[quote name='Japakneez']That may be accurate in this case but that can't be relied on. I've found several games that are listed "online only" but do appear in store such as Dishonored.[/QUOTE]

Awww, crap. I've been totally relying on their website listing to even bother heading to a store.

[quote name='Zhane']I notice for the Target B2G1 it says it must be different titles. Is that just 'store policy' or will the games not actually ring up the same?

I was planning on picking up ACIII, WWE13, and my friend wants a copy of WWE13 and will pay me for it. Will the register not let me do this? Or is it just I have to convince the cashier to sell me two?[/QUOTE]

I needed to get two copies of ACIII Liberation and I ended up getting a second set of games in order to get another free one, thinking they would not count two of the same title in one "B2G1 Package". When I looked at my receipt, they did group the two copies of ACIII Liberation into one "package", so I guess their POS system didn't read the ad. Or I somehow bypassed it by buying 6 games.

bread's done
Back