Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/3 to 8/9)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy promotes a minimum of $150 towards an Xbox One with the trade in of a working Xbox 360 or PS3.  rade in a 250GB Xbox 360 or Sony PS3 Slim model and get a $100 gift card as well.

18_t.gif
GameStop advertises an extra $15 credit for every 2 PS4 or XB1 games traded-in and drops Wolfenstein to $39.99 and WWE 2k14 to $29.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart discounts Titanfall to $34.99 and EA Sports UFC to $44.99.  SYWR Members get 50k bonus points ($50) with an Xbox One Kinect console purchase.

icontarget.gif
Target offers a $50 gift card with an Xbox One stand alone console.  Buy one gaming card (MS points, Steam, PSN, etc), get the second 25% off. Save 30% on select EA titles with the reservation of an EA game for $1. Buy an Xbox One without Kinect for $399.99 and get a $50 dollar gift card.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us marks all Skylanders Giants & Swapforce single characters 3 for $30.  Alll Skylanders starter packs are over 50% off. Save $20 on an 12-month Xbox Live subscription with the purchase of any Xbox system.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, mossfan563 - See original post

:xb1: Get a minimum of $150 towards an Xbox One when you trade in a working Xbox 360 or PS3*

:360: :ps3: Trade in a 250GB Xbox 360 or Sony PS3 Slim model and get a $100 gift card as well.

:xb1: :ps4: Save $30 on CoD: Ghosts (X1 or PS4 version) when you purchase an Xbox One or PS4.

:xb1: Save $20 on either 12 months or 24 months of Xbox Live Gold with the purchase of any Xbox console.

:xb1: Save $10 on an Xbox One controller with the purchase of an Xbox One.

Titanfall ( :xb1:) - $49.99, ( :pc::360:) - $39.99

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag ( :ps4::xb1:) - $49.99, ( :ps3::360:) - $29.99

Watch Dogs ( :360::ps3::pc:) - $39.99

*Any Xbox 360 or PS3 (regardless of model) will get a $50 coupon towards an Xbox One.

A 250GB 360 or Slim PS3 gets the $50 coupon as well as a $100 gift card that can also be used toward an Xbox One making that a minimum of $150.

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 8/5
18_t.gif
Get an extra $15 credit for every 2 PS4 or XB1 games traded-in

18_t.gif
Wolfenstein $39.99

:ps3: :360: WWE 2k4 $29.99

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See original post

:xb1: :360: Titanfall $34.99

:ps4: :xb1: EA Sports UFC $44.99

:xb1: Buy any Xbox One console, get an Xbox One controller for $49.99

Shop Your Way members only:

:xb1: Buy an Xbox One witih Kinect for $499.99, get 50,000 bonus points, worth $50. Bonus points expire August 23.

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Beatles93 - See original post

icontarget.gif
Buy one gaming card get the second 25% off - available on all gaming cards (shows Microsoft, playstation and steam)

icontarget.gif
Save 30% on select titles (shows battlefield 4, Tianfall, Sims 3 starter pack, PvZ: Garden warfare and UFC) when you reserve an EA game for $1 (shows Madden 2015, sims 4, Battlefield: Hardline, Fifa 2015 and Dragon Age: Inquisition)

:xb1: Buy an Xbox One without Kinect for $399.99 and get a $50 dollar gift card
:xb1: :ps4: Battlefield 4 $49.99 :360: :ps3: $29.99

Thanks to freestufffinder.com

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
All Skylanders Giants & Swapforce single characters 3 for $30
icontoysrus_r1.gif
OVER 50% OFF ALL Skylanders starter packs
:xb1: Save $20 on your 12-month Xbox Live subscription when you buy ANY Xbox game system

Walmart (Ad)

:xb1: Free year of Xbox Live with Xbox One stand alone console $399.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw in Target 20 off COD ghost(xbox one, ps4, ps3,360) with a pre order of destiny or COD. You should be able to PM walmart and get it for (20, 9,2,2)
Target sells it online for $24.99 X1 so you might as well PM the website. Hopefully it isn't certain stores.

Thanks for the ibotta tip.. Didn't realize there was a rebate for best buy.. I have $20 in rewards, mover's coupon, and with that extra 20 back, it'll be a solid deal with the slim trade in. Will wait and see what kinda luck others have with the Target PM before I head into BB

Thanks for the ibotta tip.. Didn't realize there was a rebate for best buy.. I have $20 in rewards, mover's coupon, and with that extra 20 back, it'll be a solid deal with the slim trade in. Will wait and see what kinda luck others have with the Target PM before I head into BB
you realize it will be a ymmv experience, since bestbuy does not price gift card / bundle deals. even if one person comes back reporting a successful price match . it does not mean you will have the same luck.

I was in Target earlier and I did see the Xbox Live sub cards were part of it. I'm fairly certain you can mix and match different gaming cards. I might go back later this week and get a $10 Google Play with a $10 Nintendo E-Shop.

I'm going to have to give that a try. About to drive though Elizabethtowm and Louiseville ky. Has anyone had any luck with the targets in this area?

Just noticed that Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4) is $29.99 at Best Buy. With GCU it's $23.99. Is that the lowest its been for a new copy?

May jump on it at that price..

Just got the deal in Etown. Girl at CS had no idea what she was doing. She gave me an additional $5 off my purchase because she thought the $5 from the preorder card was supposed to be applied right away. I tried to explain that part of the transaction to her but she just didn't understand so I let it go rather than pushing my luck. After a one dollar Welches fruit snacks and some blank looks by her and the manager it was $2.04 out the door.

Just got another COD Ghost. I was shot down at one store where some guy was somewhat aware of the special going on. I stopped at the next target on my drive and had some luck. When she gave me my total it was almost like she was asking a question. "$6.........40?"
Turned into a good day.

Hi,

The movers coupon does not work with the $50 off coupon.  The system kicks back the $50 off Xbox One promo. Since, the $50 off is a coupon and the 10% off is a coupon also, they will not combine the two. That happened with my trade.  

I was able to price match target.com for COD Ghosts PS4 and Xone and then apply the pre-order cards for $20 off each.   I could have found a better price match for the ps4 version but I didn't want to get too greedy.   I also used some high priced blurays for filler items I will return later.   

Went right in to GS in the same shopping center and traded in both for ~$53

I was able to price match target.com for COD Ghosts PS4 and Xone and then apply the pre-order cards for $20 off each. I could have found a better price match for the ps4 version but I didn't want to get too greedy. I also used some high priced blurays for filler items I will return later.

Went right in to GS in the same shopping center and traded in both for ~$53
How did you get $53? I only got $16 for the X1 version. Is the PS4 really have that high of a TIV or did you use a 50% coupon.

Is there an online code on the Trade In coupon?
May work on an online order w/store pick up. I was able to combine the movers coupon with a student coupon for $50 Xbox credit a few weeks back.

Also, was there an expiration date on the Trade in coupon?

I was told that the coupon had to be used the week of the ad, which ends on sunday Aug 10th. I was told that coupons could not be combined. I was given the trade of $110 for the system, and the $50 dollars was taken off the Xbox One system. The Movers coupon did not work. When it did work, the system kicked back the $50 dollar coupon. 

Can I actually trade in two copies of the same game at gamestop? If I buy two cod ghosts for xbox one for $20 at target after price matching walmart, I should be making atleast a $20 profit by trading both to gamestop.

pro member trade value for cod ghosts xbox one at gamestop : $17.60

17.60 x 2 = 35.2

35.2 + 15 = 50.2

50.2  - 20 = 30.2 (I didn't include tax or the destiny/cod reservation cards)

I also pm'd targets prices and did the deal. 25 after discounts for one copy on xb1 and ps4. Gonna trade these in to gs tomorrow.

Can I actually trade in two copies of the same game at gamestop? If I buy two cod ghosts for xbox one for $20 at target after price matching walmart, I should be making atleast a $20 profit by trading both to gamestop.

pro member trade value for cod ghosts xbox one at gamestop : $17.60

17.60 x 2 = 35.2

35.2 + 15 = 50.2

50.2 - 20 = 30.2 (I didn't include tax or the destiny/cod reservation cards)
You cannot trade two copies of the same game on the same system at Gamestop unless the employee is careless enough to do so. You will have to do the PS4 and X1 version if you want the bonus.

3 out of 5 Targets did the COD pm for me without a problem. Hello free Destiny.
I'm traveling so I might have to try a few more before the week is out. Man I'm getting greedy.

Anyone know if you can PM the gift card deal at BB?

EDIT: the 25% off a 2nd card one that is

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm just gonna buy 2 cod ghosts for xbox one and trade them both in at 2 different gamestops with 40% extra instore credit

Is the $20 off Cod Ghosts good through the end of the ad? I won't conveniently be near Target until Friday, but I'll make a special trip if I have to for this deal. Plus I can just go ahead and get my Xbox sooner this way.

I went to 3 stores in OH looking for a copy of ghosts all 3 stores were completely out someone is liking this deal haha I bet I see a ton on craigslist tomorrow.

Ok, cool. I guess PM Walmart and you can get a copy at Target for like 11 bucks?

To bad the PS4 version isn't the same price on walmart.

I don't think this was confirmed here yet:

The Target gaming card sale does include PS+ and Xbox Live Gold cards.

bread's done
Back