Super Bowl XLII

[quote name='J7.']It's beyond no doubt that the Pats had possession of that ball & the Giants stole the dead ball. How is that blaming the refs? Yes the refs should've seen that, but the Pats player who had it stolen from him should've done something like tell his team to throw a flag and have the call checked. Of course I expect people to hate on Pats fans because they're jealous of Pats in general. Pats, Red Sox, Celtics. New England.[/quote]

You telling me he couldn't hold onto that ball? Stealing the ball? In football? Get that panty-waist stuff outta here :lol:

[quote name='gokou36']You don't watch football much do you? Stealing balls happens ALL the time, what matters is who comes up with the ball after the refs pull the players out. Also that long pass didn't result in a TD.[/quote]
No shit it happens all the time but the team who has the ball when it goes dead is the one with possession. If that is 100% evident then it should've been called correctly OR the Pats should've challenged the ruling on the field.

[quote name='primetime']You telling me he couldn't hold onto that ball? Stealing the ball? In football? Get that panty-waist stuff outta here :lol:[/quote]
Nice avatar :lol: I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about the fact that it should've been noticed and the Pats should've challenged the ruling. If you want to be a **** go ahead. I'll just return the favor.

Belichick is a pussy and has lost all respect from me. Boston/New England region should be ashamed for what he did at the end to the NY Giants.

Oh, and Go Giants!

[quote name='J7.']Nice avatar :lol: I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about the fact that it should've been noticed and the Pats should've challenged the ruling. If you want to be a **** go ahead. I'll just return the favor.[/QUOTE]

You're a bitter sore loser. Next time watch the game before posting.

[quote name='J7.']No shit it happens all the time but the team who has the ball when it goes dead is the one with possession. If that is 100% evident then it should've been called correctly OR the Pats should've challenged the ruling on the field.[/quote]
I'm mostly just messin with you, but I'm not sure if he had complete control-I'd have to see the replay again. Don't take me too seriously :)

You reminded me of another point though. How come you can challenge 12 men on the field? It's a penalty, and the refs missed it like many other penalties. What's the difference between challenging 12 men and something like a missed holding call?

EDIT: Oh wow, I just saw your last post. Disregard everything I said before. It's on now! Sissy couldn't even hold onto a fumble.

Pats should've won, [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Belichick worked hard getting 18-0. He put a lot of effort in using those videos.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[quote name='gokou36']You're a bitter sore loser. Next time watch the game before posting.[/quote]
You're a gloatful arrogant winner. Next time stop being so hypocritical.

[quote name='J7.']You're a gloatful arrogant winner. Next time stop being so hypocritical.[/quote]

pats lost, and if you know ANYTHING about the NFL, then you know the team that wins the Superbowl is the best team in all of football.

no excuses

The New York FOOTBALL Giants are the best team in all of football

[quote name='J7.']You're a gloatful arrogant winner. Next time stop being so hypocritical.[/QUOTE]

What? My team lost.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']lol....hmm....where'd all these giants fans come from?[/QUOTE]

I'm more of a "I can't stand the cheating-ass Patriots" fan. Come next season, or more likely tomorrow morning, I will resume my non-caring of the Giants. Besides, with Chad Johnson turning into a Corey Dillon-style crybaby, alongside Mike Brown's lack of desire to build a winning Bengals franchise (see one winning season since 1989, maybe two), I've got more pressing issues to be concerned with. Namely, doing my best to ensure the dumbasses that live around me don't re-up their season tickets for a do-nothing franchise like the fucking Bengals.

;)

I only watched the fourth quarter, but I guess I picked the right one to watch. Holy hell. :shock:

I'm still torn on how I feel about the Pats - I hate the team, but I still like Tom Brady for his time on UMich's football team. That said, I'm glad they lost because I love an upset. :D

[quote name='becuzimbrown']lol....hmm....where'd all these giants fans come from?[/QUOTE]
Given how many people have hated the Patriots for the entire season, they aren't new. They may not have been a Giants fan all season, but they've probably been anti-Pats for the entire ride.

I was hoping the Giants would win. All the teams the Patriots ran up the score on and they can't even stay for the whole game when they lose.

Probably a majority of them are people like me, who wanted anybody but the Patriots to win, due in large part to the sheer arrogance displayed by the Patriots and their fans throughout the year.

And before you Pats fans come flaming me, 56-10 over Buffalo? Putting the starters back in when the pathetic Dolphins scored a couple touchdowns and beating them 49-28? Or maybe the worst of all, 52-7 over the Redskins?

Think of the possiblities Giants Fans!!!!!!!!

Madden 09?

Superbowl XLII Apparral?

and best of all.......The New York Giants, very own Americas Game on NFL Network!!!

strahan.jpg

l_680b61b51088014d34eddb8fe23c7a50.jpg

bechickspyvision-734844.jpg

emporer.jpg

EaSyE.jpg

Brady.jpg

billlyboy.jpg

animation4.gif

tb2.gif

starwars_rotj_inse2.jpg

fire-1.gif

bradyyb6.jpg

im sorry. It was done to the Cowboys, it was done to Green Bay, now it must be done to the Patriots.

How 'bout the NEW YORK FOOT-BALL GIANTS?!!

Take THAT, Pats!!!! Hahahahahahaha....so much for your perfect season, cheaters!!!

[quote name='mykevermin']Did Eli deserve the MVP? I can't help but think that that's purely the result of a bias on the side of offense, as the Giants' defense has many more players deserving of an MVP title than Manning. Christ, how many times was Brady sacked tonight?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter without Eli driving them down for the winning score. The winning QB is always a safe bet for MVP. I thought he deserved it as much as anyone else on the Giants.

Congrats to the Giants. Pretty good game.

As usual the real MVPs went unnoticed. The Giants win would not have been possible without the pressure the Giant's front 4 put on Brady.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']Probably a majority of them are people like me, who wanted anybody but the Patriots to win, due in large part to the sheer arrogance displayed by the Patriots and their fans throughout the year.

And before you Pats fans come flaming me, 56-10 over Buffalo? Putting the starters back in when the pathetic Dolphins scored a couple touchdowns and beating them 49-28? Or maybe the worst of all, 52-7 over the Redskins?[/QUOTE]

Oh that's just the tip of the iceberg for their arrogance. How many times were they leading by a fair margin and they decided to go for it on 4th down? How about Brady's response to Buress? So many examples of the Patriots acting like they were entitled to the Super Bowl win rather than having to earn it.

I think their entire season was summed up in the last second of the game when Belicheck decided to go out on the field before the game was over, say the obligatory "good game" to Coughlin, and not even spend the end of the game on the sideline. They were sore winners and sore losers. The first post-game interview with Belicheck showed his absolute shock. Plenty of other teams would have felt grateful to make it to the Super Bowl and have an unbeaten regular season but no, not Belicheck.

[quote name='J7.']What was up with the Giants stealing the dead ball from the Patriots when they were on the ground in the 1st half? Pats clearly had possession & the replay showed it clearly multiple times Giants stealing the ball. And why the hell did Belichik go for it on 4th & 13 instead of kicking a field goal in the 1st half?

Another thing, the Giants only caught one of their longest passes in a drive for a TD by slamming the Pats defensive player in the face mask. Also to blame is the Pats offensive line for giving Brady no protection. Oh well, Giants got lucky. 18-1 is still more impressive than a 1 game win. And we have next year to look forward to where Pats will be even better.[/QUOTE]

1. The whistle hadn't blown so it wasn't a dead ball.

2. Belichik is an overconfident pompous ass?

3. ALL receivers push-off like that, it's part of the game now.

And most importantly--

4. That game wasn't "luck". The Giants were the better team tonight. I'll take a 1-game win if it's the Super Bowl any day. After all, it's the only game that really COUNTS! Probably any player in the NFL would agree.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']lol....hmm....where'd all these giants fans come from?[/quote]

I've been a NY Giants fan all my life. The same can be said of the LA Lakers, who I hold more dearly as b-ball is my favorite sport and that LA doesn't have a team. Also, I'm ex-LA at the moment.

[quote name='keithp']Doesn't matter without Eli driving them down for the winning score. The winning QB is always a safe bet for MVP. I thought he deserved it as much as anyone else on the Giants.[/quote]

I was personally hoping for the MVp tropy going to the entire defense, or at least to Strahan for what he presented, gave, and pumped up the defense when we needed them most. Osi or Tuck could have gotten it and I would have been happy as well. As it stands, you have to give credit to Eli for grace under pressure and for pulling one of the greatest comebacks/ending drives in the super bowl history.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I've been a NY Giants fan all my life. The same can be said of the LA Lakers, who I hold more dearly as b-ball is my favorite sport and that LA doesn't have a team. Also, I'm ex-LA at the moment.

[/quote]

this :D:applause:
OT but this is just the beginning...someone *cough* lakers *cough* is going to take down the celtics championship hopes as well :twisted:

BeliCHICK walking away from the field before the game was over was very weak. Who does he think he is? Randy Moss (he did the same thing previously btw)?

I heard people complaining about him and his personality but I tried to give him a chance since his team was doing so well. Figured he must be doing something right. But when I saw that, I saw what other people were talking about.

Though they won 18 games straight so I guess he can do whatever he wants.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']this :D:applause:
OT but this is just the beginning...someone *cough* lakers *cough* is going to take down the celtics championship hopes as well :twisted:[/quote]

OT, but I am so glad we got rid of stone hands, Mr. Dead Weight Kwame Brown off the team. I wish we could have seen a bit more of Crittenton (Sp), but no big lost with Farmar coming along as he has and Fisher in for another year probably.

Man what a game, I was pulling for the Gmen and I still can't believe they won. I am no fan of Belichick, but I thought he did the handshake hug thing when they thought the game was over and then left, which is not too bad. I mean he wasn't going to wait the 2 seconds and then do it again. Right?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The only bad thing is the old fogeys from the Dolphins are gonna harp about how awesome they were with their perfect season even more.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought the interviews on ESPN were entertaining and funny.

I forget who said it (I think a black offensive lineman from the '72 team) said something like, "Back then we were the greatest team, and we're still the greatest team today."

I think the old geezers are both funny and pricks at the same time.

EDIT: The black guy who commented after Bob Griese was Mercury Morris. The guy was just too funny in an asshole kind of way. He actually said, "We were best ever then, and we're best ever now!"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3229442

He's kind of a prick in the interview, but keeps saying how happy he is for the Giants. I call BULLSHIT. It's obvious he's deliriously happy about the Pats not being able to replicate the '72 Dolphins perfect season.

My true dream is to see a team go 0-16. The Ravens totally busted my hopes by losing to the lowly Dolphins. I hope someone can try hard for it next year. The Detroit Lions are always good candidates to pursue my dream.

[quote name='StarWarpCrackerWave']
MerMorrisHelmet.jpg

He's one happy man... lol[/quote]

I saw a commercial this morning with all of the 72 Dolphins playing football in the front yard. A "Giants" package delivery truck pulls up and they get a package with a football and a note. The note says something about it being a gift from the Giants and to enjoy it for at least one more year signed Eli.

[quote name='J7.']You're a gloatful arrogant winner. Next time stop being so hypocritical.[/QUOTE]

Pats fans have been that way all year, so eat a dick. I'll go back and quote people if you really want to push it.

All you Eli haters owe him an apology. True, there were a few passes in that game where it looked like my 2-year old twins would make an interception, but the man led two 4th quarter TD drives against the self-proclaimed GOAT. He won four straight 'road' games in the playoffs with mistake-free football, and he won 11 straight 'road' games.

You can also say he made the right choice come draft day. If you want to think it's a dick move, then fine. He still has a championship ring, and AJ Smith doesn't. You can hate on them for making goofy expressions, but in truth they are a couple of goofy looking people. Don't hate on them for getting a bunch of endorsement deals, you have to have a little personality (and most importantly, be good) to get those. Sorry that Brady only has the personality to remain silent in a Movado commercial - he's too busy banging supermodels.

The only person I truly feel bad for is Wes Welker. Dude played his ass off all year and the SB and comes up short in the end. Hard to feel sorry for anyone else on the team, and I'm glad Mr. HGH got his ass handed to him all game. Will give him some credit for being class afterwards, but that's about it. Belicock could take a lesson for that (worst postgame interview ever, and that's saying something with Shaq still around).

The records? Don't mean shit now. Congratulations on being the most prolific offense during the regular season. Now, go home. No parades, no Tonight Show interviews, no 'perfect' endorsement deals.

BTW: You're now 3-3 in Super Bowls. You're one more loss away from tieing the Broncos, Bills and Vikings in futility.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Pats fans have been that way all year, so eat a dick. I'll go back and quote people if you really want to push it.

All you Eli haters owe him an apology. True, there were a few passes in that game where it looked like my 2-year old twins would make an interception, but the man led two 4th quarter TD drives against the self-proclaimed GOAT. He won four straight 'road' games in the playoffs with mistake-free football, and he won 11 straight 'road' games.

You can also say he made the right choice come draft day. If you want to think it's a dick move, then fine. He still has a championship ring, and AJ Smith doesn't. You can hate on them for making goofy expressions, but in truth they are a couple of goofy looking people. Don't hate on them for getting a bunch of endorsement deals, you have to have a little personality (and most importantly, be good) to get those. Sorry that Brady only has the personality to remain silent in a Movado commercial - he's too busy banging supermodels.

The only person I truly feel bad for is Wes Welker. Dude played his ass off all year and the SB and comes up short in the end. Hard to feel sorry for anyone else on the team, and I'm glad Mr. HGH got his ass handed to him all game. Will give him some credit for being class afterwards, but that's about it. Belicock could take a lesson for that (worst postgame interview ever, and that's saying something with Shaq still around).

The records? Don't mean shit now. Congratulations on being the most prolific offense during the regular season. Now, go home. No parades, no Tonight Show interviews, no 'perfect' endorsement deals.

BTW: You're now 3-3 in Super Bowls. You're one more loss away from tieing the Broncos, Bills and Vikings in futility.[/QUOTE]

QFTDT.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Actually it was a pretty bad one, both teams played poorly. I however remember worse and I have only seen about 15 super bowls.[/QUOTE]

It's not that both teams played poorly, it is that they played great defense.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Really? All the other teams went undeafted and broke damn near every NFL record a team can break?

:roll:

They lost the super bowl man. Good game...but they lost. But dont start discount all of their other achievements.[/QUOTE]

funny thing is.....those records were a result of nice stat padding and the Patriots are still in the middle of Spygate.......those could still go down with the (*) if they find this guy has a tape of the Rams walkthrough

I'm still in shock that the Pats lost the damn super bowl..... its like its not real...

Thank god for the Celtics and soon the Red Sox to console me

Also, the pats still have the 7th pick in the draft! hopefully we can get a good corner to replace Samuel who will most likely be leaving.

[quote name='Drnick']
Thank god for the Celtics and soon the Red Sox to console me
[/quote]You Boston fans really shouldn't keep setting yourself up for disappointment.

I was happy that for the first time in quite a while, the game was better than the commercials.

To me, the Patriots O-line was overmatched by the G-men's D line. That was the reason why the Giants won the game.

It was a good ending for a Superbowl.

[quote name='Xevious']To me, the Patriots O-line was overmatched by the G-men's D line. That was the reason why the Giants won the game.

It was a good ending for a Superbowl.[/QUOTE]

I agree. There's a hundred old football cliches, but I think the most important one is about winning the war in the trenches. If the lanes are open, then any runner should be able to have a good game. If the QB is properly protected, then even the most pedestrian QB can look good, which is one reason why Brady went from great to really great this year. Most of the year, Brady was just sitting back in the pocket MAKING and then drinking a cup of coffee because he had so much time.

I have to give props to the Giants receivers for coming through big in the 4th quarter. I also have to give a slight edge to Eli over Brady in last night's QB play. Neither player had a bad game (Eli had some errant throws, but I could point out just as many for Brady), but someone had to win it. I think Eli had to do more with less, so I give him the nod.

I think the Patriots were outplayed in every facet of the game. I find it totally absurd anyone on ESPN, FOX Sports or even this forum is writing about how the Patriots gave the game away. The Giants took The Pats by the throat and took the game (something many other teams couldn't do, although, many were close). The Pats fans need to be honest with themselves. Their team got more than a handful of lucky breaks over the season to stay perfect (Ravens game), but the loss wasn't because of being unlucky. They were just FAIRLY beaten by a better team.

bread's done
Back