Super Mario 3D All Stars (Physical) up for preorder

My guess is they will release the "Ultimate Mario 3D All-Stars Collection" in the future that will include these 3 games plus Galaxy 2.  It would be a good way to sell the game AGAIN at full price.  They wouldn't be lying either, this particular collection is "limited."

Hopefully they give Galaxy 2 a full remake but i wouldn't count on it.  This collection is still a decent deal for anyone who doesn't have a way to play the first 3 games.

Is there a certain event you’re supposed to do for the Mario Kart Tour piece, because I’m not seeing anything called Super Mario track/race. Any ideas?

A game like Crash makes sense for a remake but Galaxy 1 and 2 absolutely do not need it. Mario 64 sure but I can't see a need for Galaxy series when they aren't that old and can be upscaled / assets changed to fit the limits of current consoles. Just see no real need for that particular series at this point.

A game like Crash makes sense for a remake but Galaxy 1 and 2 absolutely do not need it. Mario 64 sure but I can't see a need for Galaxy series when they aren't that old and can be upscaled / assets changed to fit the limits of current consoles. Just see no real need for that particular series at this point.
Crash needed the update to sell because the games were from the ps1 and the gameplay is super basic. Crash was a cash in on the mascot craze during the 90's.

Sunshine and Galaxy both still look really good and the gameplay in all three games is pretty timeless.

Crash needed the update to sell because the games were from the ps1 and the gameplay is super basic. Crash was a cash in on the mascot craze during the 90's.

Sunshine and Galaxy both still look really good and the gameplay in all three games is pretty timeless.
The Crash trilogy reviewed very well and sold crazy amounts in it's original run. The recent Nsane Remake also reviewed very well and sold a crazy amount of copies. Considering the only thing they really updated was the graphics (heavily updated). It's safe to say the gameplay in the original series is also timeless.

Last edited by a moderator:
CAG front page is showing magnets at target.com included with Super Mario 3D All-Stars, but when I go to target.com's listing, there's no mention of magnets. Anyone else seeing the magnets?

CAG front page is showing magnets at target.com included with Super Mario 3D All-Stars, but when I go to target.com's listing, there's no mention of magnets. Anyone else seeing the magnets?
ICP probably got their hands on the magnets.

https://twitter.com/Target/status/1302982928545316864

Looks legit. Walmart (sticker set, says they're already sold out) and GS (joy-con stickers) also have exclusives apparently.

EDIT* Looks like it's in store only? Dumb.

EDIT 2* In store pick up isn't a option anywhere........

I went with Best Buy for my pre-order, so I really hope they get some kind of pre-order bonus. Best Buy and Amazon are the only major retailers with nothing yet. A steelbook would be sick as hell...

Well, that goes for anything and everything. No videogame maker makes you buy anything. However, that's a pointless statement, and in no way means Nintendo gets a free pass for being anti-consumer, which this definitely is. Your argument is what corporate loyalists spew out with hopes companies can brainwash the brain-dead and the no-thinkers.

Bundling is almost always a form of economic packaging that is anti-consumer, and creating imaginary scarcity, as Nintendo expressly does here, is a greedy way of forcing customers to panic-buy. Why not keep the digital versions of 3DAS for ongoing sale? Or at least inform consumers they'll be available separarely later on? All of these would be simple pro-consumer steps Nintendo is choosing not to do.

It's a shameful move by Nintendo and even those of us who enjoy its games need to call out a crappy move where we see one.

This is definitely a shitty move. This gen, NO publisher is a more greedy porter than Nintendo. While many of us may still shell out dollars to buy some of this, there is no reason to hold back in making sure Nintendo hears/knows loud and clear that it has crossed the line, or at least is getting damn near close to it.

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid. No company gives a shit about you. They exist to serve you, not the other way around.
Agree with almost everything in this post until the end. Makes sure Nintendo knows loud and clear? After you have shelled out dollars to buy?

‘That’s nonsense. Your DOLLARS are your voice. You want them to hear you? Don’t buy this. If everyone that is pissed about this that it’s not being remade or doesn’t include galaxy 2 or that it costs $60 just says NO and doesn’t buy it, they won’t pull that shit again. But when everyone plops down 60 bucks and then tweets them that they are pissed....they couldn’t care less because they got your money. And it was easy money for minimal effort. And they’re going to do it again.

I went with Best Buy for my pre-order, so I really hope they get some kind of pre-order bonus. Best Buy and Amazon are the only major retailers with nothing yet. A steelbook would be sick as hell...
Anyone else remember how Best Buy included an exclusive Switch game Steelbook for Let's Go Pikachu and Evie -- as long as you hadn't already purchased it in the first month or so? That would be an awful thing to do again.

Anyone else remember how Best Buy included an exclusive Switch game Steelbook for Let's Go Pikachu and Evie -- as long as you hadn't already purchased it in the first month or so? That would be an awful thing to do again.
I'm terrified they're going to pull that shit again. I never got that steelbook and I purchased the game at launch. Really shitty thing to do.

Agree with almost everything in this post until the end. Makes sure Nintendo knows loud and clear? After you have shelled out dollars to buy?

‘That’s nonsense. Your DOLLARS are your voice. You want them to hear you? Don’t buy this.
game boycots have never worked.

i would say though that in the last few years of social media, squeaky wheels have succeeded at getting grease, so it is worth a try. but getting other nintendo fans on board to complain to nintendo will be harder than pulling teeth

game boycots have never worked.
Here are a few times people voted with their dollars.

Vita memory card prices.. vita sales are terrible... vita development by sony is stopped

WiiU... poor sales lead to Nintendo merging their consoles and profitable handheld lines into one.

XBox 1 (DRM, etc), preorders lower than og xbox and 360 so they changed their plans completely

Mass Effect 3's ending... got a new ending update, but before this initial sales were hurt

I'm sure there are others... but just off the top of my head those were pretty memorable.

But in this case, boycotting will make no change as the game is already the second best selling game of the year on amazon.com even with more than a week before it launches. The only good from boycotting at this point is the personal satisfaction of sticking with your conviction and knowing you didn't support this release. IF it's not enough to get that personal satisfaction then the issues must not be of enough magnitude to really care as much as is being let on.

Of course I would love it if they put more games on the cart, sold the game for less, done more to update mario 64, and so on... but none of that actually negates the fact that I love these games or the desire to buy this collection and play them on my switch instead of the old systems.

On a side note, I don't think any of the issues brought against this release have actually changed any minds here about buying it.

Here are a few times people voted with their dollars.

Vita memory card prices.. vita sales are terrible... vita development by sony is stopped

WiiU... poor sales lead to Nintendo merging their consoles and profitable handheld lines into one.

XBox 1 (DRM, etc), preorders lower than og xbox and 360 so they changed their plans completely
those arent boycots, those are not wanting to buy a product that doesnt interest you.

this Mario product is perfectly fine, people have been waiting for it eagerly, it just has an anti-consumer caveat. the best thing to do about it is unfortunately crap like twitter hashtags and gaming news articles.

Anyone know if you just have to play a few rounds for the Super Mario Kart mission or do you have to complete every cup? It seems like just playing gets you mission credit on 9/29, but it’s a bit vague.

Mass Effect 3's ending... got a new ending update, but before this initial sales were hurt
None of those were boycotts, just a product of customer confusion and poor pricing.

• Vita: High price of the console, accessories and lack of game selection lead to it's downfall especially when the 3DS had plenty of games and didn't require extras to function.
  • Wii U: This is a problem with confusion. Most people saw no need to get "the new Wii" when they already had a Wii that could play Wii games. People didn't understand that it was a new console. Didn't help that the games for it looked like games the Wii had. The name is what failed Nintendo with this. The lack of games due to the specifications of the console helped too.
  • Xbox One: I actually don't think pre-orders were opened when they announced that and changed it. I wouldn't say this is a boycott but people were not happy with the issues for used games. DRM was also an issue but people really didn't want to lose out on physical games and be subject to only one marketplace / set price for digital games.
  • Mass Effect 3: People didn't boycott this, people still bought the game and were disappointed by the ending. After news came out about the endings, it was feared that people wouldn't continue buying it so they made changes to it. ME3 actually sold 800k copies on it's first day in North America alone. For the month it came out, its sales were twice that of ME2 during the same timeframe.

But I agree, nothing said in here has changed my mind about this. This is a collection I didn't expect for games I've been meaning to replay (Sunshine) and play for the first time (Galaxy). $60 is a fantastic price for me at $20/game even if they are older games. Them being old doesn't stop them from being great games with almost 60+ hours of gameplay together. Just having them upscaled is also all I really want as the games weren't bad when they came out and, imo, have aged quite well.

The way I see it, you can complain but it's not going to change anything. Simply don't buy it if you think it is worth it but clearly many people do even without Galaxy 2.

this brings back memories...

01e168_155380.jpg

You guys complaining about Galaxy 2 being missing crack me up. It’s no where near as good as the first one. The real crime is that Mario kart 64 and/or double dash isn’t in the set. Why limit it to just platformers. So many good Mario game, would like those more than another Mario 64 port.

You guys complaining about Galaxy 2 being missing crack me up. It’s no where near as good as the first one. The real crime is that Mario kart 64 and/or double dash isn’t in the set. Why limit it to just platformers. So many good Mario game, would like those more than another Mario 64 port.
Joke post

At this point if someone had a steel book, we’d have seen it advertised already. After all they are competing for your dollars.

I have two preorders in. Whoever has the best preorder bonus I’ll keep. I’m hoping it’s BB.

Soooo not sure if we've complained about it yet but were the DS "improvements" to SM64 good enough to get mad they aren't included?

None of those were boycotts, just a product of customer confusion and poor pricing.

• Vita: High price of the console, accessories and lack of game selection lead to it's downfall especially when the 3DS had plenty of games and didn't require extras to function.
  • Wii U: This is a problem with confusion. Most people saw no need to get "the new Wii" when they already had a Wii that could play Wii games. People didn't understand that it was a new console. Didn't help that the games for it looked like games the Wii had. The name is what failed Nintendo with this. The lack of games due to the specifications of the console helped too.
  • Xbox One: I actually don't think pre-orders were opened when they announced that and changed it. I wouldn't say this is a boycott but people were not happy with the issues for used games. DRM was also an issue but people really didn't want to lose out on physical games and be subject to only one marketplace / set price for digital games.
  • Mass Effect 3: People didn't boycott this, people still bought the game and were disappointed by the ending. After news came out about the endings, it was feared that people wouldn't continue buying it so they made changes to it. ME3 actually sold 800k copies on it's first day in North America alone. For the month it came out, its sales were twice that of ME2 during the same timeframe.
But I agree, nothing said in here has changed my mind about this. This is a collection I didn't expect for games I've been meaning to replay (Sunshine) and play for the first time (Galaxy). $60 is a fantastic price for me at $20/game even if they are older games. Them being old doesn't stop them from being great games with almost 60+ hours of gameplay together. Just having them upscaled is also all I really want as the games weren't bad when they came out and, imo, have aged quite well.

The way I see it, you can complain but it's not going to change anything. Simply don't buy it if you think it is worth it but clearly many people do even without Galaxy 2.
I would love for some new content, but I agree that 20 / game is my price general buy price anyway, and I’m much more likely to play this one, instead of the Grandia HD LRG I caved and ordered at the 30 / game price.

"Currently unavailable
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

That's not a good sign.

Nintendo ... ugh.

I would love for some new content, but I agree that 20 / game is my price general buy price anyway, and I’m much more likely to play this one, instead of the Grandia HD LRG I caved and ordered at the 30 / game price.
OMG how the hell did I miss a Grandia HD LRG?????!!!! I'm so mad now. Grandia is one of my all time favorite games.

(Temporarily?) unavailable at Amazon at the moment for any who were on the lookout
Available on BB, Walmart, Target, and worst comes to worse or you have some store credit...Gamestop.

It's the #1 selling game on Switch on Amazon... and last I heard the #2 game for the entire year across all of games on Amazon. So they must have sold out of their initial max allotment. Just shows the reach of Amazon.

Available on BB, Walmart, Target, and worst comes to worse or you have some store credit...Gamestop.
Walmart.com has been out of stock for a day or two. That's what I'm seeing anyway.

Edit: Never mind. Looks like just the listing that included the stickers is out of stock.

Ahhh, thanks for reminding me that I missed the Grandia HD LRF switch pre-order. Hopefully it ends up at best buy

Doug also said that when they pressed on doing a CE, and it was rejected due to sales figure concerned that they would try again if they got enough sales during the open preorder period

bread's done
Back