Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

seeing this
technique08_071121g.jpg
gives me hope for the return of Shiek. Not that it matters too much to me I'm a Marth player. Ness and Pika are my backups.

On the other hand seeing these goggles on Pikachu gives me less hope for the return of Pichu. I loved that little suicidal mouse-like pokemon
technique08_071121f.jpg

[quote name='Strell']Training mode is not garbage for one pure reason:

you can set the speed to half or slower.

Not only can you see the vast amount of pure animation built into the characters, but it is a total mindfuck when you finally put it back to regular speed.[/quote]I'm not saying Training wasn't fun, but in terms of actual training. It's no good w/o another person to control the bad guy. When I play with people they aren't interested in making me a better player. So we just go at it.

[quote name='maigoyume']awww i wish they gave samus her ACTUAL fusion suit, that thing was so SICK[/quote]

I second that, at first I thought it was, but upon closer inspection, its just a color change of the varia suit. Boo >_

[quote name='anomynous']So I'm guessing it's the + & - buttons, slong with the 1 & 2 buttons to change color?[/quote]if that's your biggest question then you've got nothing to worry about. ::roll:: This does remind me that a lot of people were thinking clones would just be color changes. Or off-shoots of color changes. We've seen Fire Mario, OoT Zelda, Fusion Suit Samus, and Pikachu with Pichu's goggles. If they were going to perform different (i.e. Pikachu w/Goggles becomes Pichu) I again think THIS is when we would have been told.

In conclusion either we're getting Pichu (I hope) or we're not. He won't be a color clone off Pikachu.

Impotence is no laughing matter.

Just ask jollydwarf.

So now I'm getting 'cheekily' namechecked in threads I haven't posted in in days or even weeks (and when I did, I said nothing inciteful or negative)? I'd say that's kinda potent. Demented and sad, but potent.

But just to give you guys a legit reason to get righteous, this game will slip into Q2 '08. It might be early April, it might be Memorial Day, but I'm callin' it now.

Happy Thanksgiving.

And Phil Dawson missing it by thatmuch two weeks ago. Better be thankful for that.

(Grimaces, but thinks about last week's never-to-be-seen-again miracle, feels better.)

I'm glad they finally did this update, back during E for All when Brawl was playable people were talking about how cool the different costumes were (especially Dark Link) and I've been wanting to see some of them.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I'm glad they finally did this update, back during E for All when Brawl was playable people were talking about how cool the different costumes were (especially Dark Link) and I've been wanting to see some of them.[/quote]I said the same thing (to myself) about On-Screen Appearances. I thought those were pretty snazzy in the videos I saw.

The world needs more Sin and Punishment.

Everything in the world does.

Cakes need more Sin and Punishment.

The last cake at my birthday party already had a Sin and Punishment motif, but that was really more for....other purposes.

I give this a Samus Side Boob of Victory:

awesomeupdatemv5.jpg

But I also give it an awesome Kirby, because Kirby is awesome:

awesomeKirby.jpg

You know, we could squish two awesomeKirbys together and have Kirby Boobs, for the ultimate updates.

However, Sakurai himself laments that "look how perfectly he fits in." Ugh. So close. Maybe when Smash Bros Chaos is being prepped or something.

An interesting update, definitely one of the more unexpected candidates for an assist trophy.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I like how he used "dream cast" in the caption. OMFG HINTZ 4 DREAMCAST IZ COMING TO VC!!! ;)[/QUOTE]
No wait, clearly it must be a hint from a major title for the Dreamcast...

ZOMG!!! RYO HAZUKI CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!!!

Wow, I'm kinda mad. I thin he would of made an awesome character. But I'll accept this! The fact that now there's a new & updated 3D model of him......can only mean Sin & Punishment: Wii Edition \\:D/

Very nice update!

[quote name='lilboo']Wow, I'm kinda mad. I thin he would of made an awesome character. But I'll accept this! The fact that now there's a new & updated 3D model of him......can only mean Sin & Punishment: Wii Edition \\:D/

Very nice update![/QUOTE]

Completely, its just a shame that we'll have to wait for the Wii versions of Ice Climbers, Devil World, and F-Zero first.

Anyways, where is the Star Tropics love?

People keep saying this was unexpected, but I swear I heard about this before..?

But yeah, an awesome inclusion. But god, he would have been such a wonderful playable character. His FS would have been EPIC.

[quote name='Greetard']Whoopie, another sword-based assist... but at least this one has a gun! :roll:[/QUOTE]

I wonder if you complain that all FPS games have guns.

[quote name='tankexmortis']People keep saying this was unexpected, but I swear I heard about this before..?

But yeah, an awesome inclusion. But god, he would have been such a wonderful playable character. His FS would have been EPIC.[/quote]

It's definitely not unexpected, as I know I read about it a long time ago(I can't remember if it was here or GAF though). Anyway, this assist has been known about since whenever it was that the game was playable(E for All I think?). It might've been easily overlooked, since that was when Sonic was announced as well.

[quote name='Strell']I wonder if you complain that all FPS games have guns.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because Super Smash is best known for all of its same-class, sword-wielding characters, rather than its diversity, right? That's, like, obviously the same as a a shooter having a variety of guns.

This ain't Onimusha Blade Warriors, toots.

On that note, Lucas' Final Smash is the shit.

[quote name='Theduck']I want the princess from Galaxy to make an appearance.[/QUOTE]

It probably won't...but that could very well be a Peach alternative costume.

[quote name='Theduck']I want the princess from Galaxy to make an appearance.[/quote]

anything galaxy for me. luma AT, several stickers/trophies, princess peach alternative costume/clone : roselina will all make me happy.

*edit* wait! how about a spherical planet stage? that would be awesome

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']anything galaxy for me. luma AT, several stickers/trophies, princess peach alternative costume/clone : roselina will all make me happy.

*edit* wait! how about a spherical planet stage? that would be awesome[/QUOTE]Without the 3D roaming would a planet really be as fun to play with?

[quote name='Wolfkin']Without the 3D roaming would a planet really be as fun to play with?[/quote]

think about it: upside down brawling. prankster comets show up and help/hinder opponents. zero gravity is activated now and then, making players hit fly across the screen much farther, and jumps much higher. bowsers airship crashes into planetoids, destroing them in the process.

dont tell me that wouldnt be fun

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']think about it: upside down brawling. prankster comets show up and help/hinder opponents. zero gravity is activated now and then, making players hit fly across the screen much farther, and jumps much higher. bowsers airship crashes into planetoids, destroing them in the process.

dont tell me that wouldnt be fun[/quote]
that wouldnt be fun

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']think about it: upside down brawling. prankster comets show up and help/hinder opponents. zero gravity is activated now and then, making players hit fly across the screen much farther, and jumps much higher. bowsers airship crashes into planetoids, destroing them in the process.

dont tell me that wouldnt be fun[/quote]

ya know what...seeing as how much of a phenominal job the big N did with smg, i think your right on the money as seeing gravity or an actual smg level duped into a brawl level

[quote name='The Crotch']1: Did the title read "Part Do" at one point? I thought it did. I was gonna pop in and mock Dallow for his horrible French.

2: As much fun as fighting on a sphere would be, the controls would be a fucking mess. Up is right, down is left, etc.[/quote]

1: "Dos" is Spanish. And with the "Lucas' Arts" bit, he obviously meant to trick people into thinking of the old Lucasarts adventure games. He got me to think about it.

2: Absolutely. The controls would drive you nuts.

bread's done
Back