Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='SMMM']
4y6skxz.jpg

[/quote]

Mr. McCloud looks feminized in Brawl... he almost looks like cat, but not pink.

[quote name='SMMM']
4y6skxz.jpg

The designs were good up until after Melee imo..and they changed the color of his fur in the latest one. Used to be a bright goldish-brown. Now it's more of a darker, dull brown..[/quote]star fox command design was pretty bad too imo, 64 and melee were probably the best

[quote name='mr ryles']wonder if the fight literally stops just for you do do all that.[/quote]

I'm guessing proximity.

If everyone were frozen, he probably wouldn't have put anything about DK being invincible while using the attack (because people couldn't attack anyway, if they were frozen).

I kinda like how DK's final smash references one of his spinoff games. Perhaps Yoshi's will involve a barrage of cookies.

...it damn well better.

But yoshi's cookies came out way before the smash franchise even began, unlike konga. If they are going to dump cookies into it now, why not then?

Nice that they give Donkey Kong the opportunity to stop everything and mock you for your ill-advised purchase of the DK bongos that are now gathering dust on a shelf in your spare room. And he dares you to buy Bongo Blast, despite the fact that it does not, in fact, use the bongos.

I have two pairs. Bastards.

[quote name='Tybee']Nice that they give Donkey Kong the opportunity to stop everything and mock you for your ill-advised purchase of the DK bongos that are now gathering dust on a shelf in your spare room. And he dares you to buy Bongo Blast, despite the fact that it does not, in fact, use the bongos.

I have two pairs. Bastards.[/quote]

I believe they renamed the game.
Rocket propelled bongos still don't interest me though.

i enjoy the every day updates like the next person, but it would be nice if they actually gave us something significant instead of these lil scraps. Like a video of an assist trophy in action or some more moves.

Let's not complain about the small updates. They don't even have to do this.

I like the scraps, will make the actual game that much more fun.

[quote name='dallow']Let's not complain about the small updates. They don't even have to do this.

I like the scraps, will make the actual game that much more fun.[/QUOTE]

ehh my anger comes from them intentionally not showing any smash footage, as a deliberate attempt to create artificial hype by keeping info tight lipped on the game. Allegedly Kojima has already played a pretty complete build of the game. Just spoon feed us video now and then is all I am asking.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']ehh my anger comes from them intentionally not showing any smash footage, as a deliberate attempt to create artificial hype by keeping info tight lipped on the game. Allegedly Kojima has already played a pretty complete build of the game. Just spoon feed us video now and then is all I am asking.[/QUOTE]

They do at conventions.

Dear Peach,
Please somehow, someway, make yourself an update sometime this week OR very soon. VERY soon. I need to know for SURE if you are in this game. From the looks of it, this is turning out to be a really awesome game..and..well, I need you there with me. Please, make sure you get into this game. I love you.

-Local Lunatic

[quote name='lilboo']Dear Peach,
Please somehow, someway, make yourself an update sometime this week OR very soon. VERY soon. I need to know for SURE if you are in this game. From the looks of it, this is turning out to be a really awesome game..and..well, I need you there with me. Please, make sure you get into this game. I love you.

-Local Lunatic[/quote]

She'll be there, albeit with a tramp stamp and a tongue piercing.

They are just putting tiny updates everyday until there is the huge update where Sonic is revealed to be in the game.

Right Strell? :p

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I only liked the japanese Konga games. Did any of the american versions have any good music, or at least playable music?[/QUOTE]

The itsy bitsy spider owns

[quote name='SMMM']The itsy bitsy spider owns[/quote]i suppose the original pokemon theme song was half decent, at least it was the full song

[quote name='Sporophyte']I have 4 pairs and I regret nothing.[/quote]
I have two pairs, I paid full price for Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat... I regret it, but mostly because they dropped in price like crazy, if they retained their value like Mario DDR than I wouldn't of mined as much.

[quote name='whoknows']They are just putting tiny updates everyday until there is the huge update where Sonic is revealed to be in the game.

Right Strell? :p[/QUOTE]

oh, Sonic won't be in.

Why?

I threatened the dev, so they took him out.

That Pitfall item is pretty cool. It would be funny if someone was charging you on an upper platform, and then just fell down unexpectedly.

I wonder if the pitfall has any special effect when hitting an opponent in the air. Maybe it spikes them. But that may be already too powerful. Throwing the star wand was strong enough.

Peach is a strong character. I'm wondering if she will either be nerfed or strengthened in Brawl. Or even in the game for that matter. Her down-a, recovery, and priority are beastly. I'm even scared of any person choosing her on the character select screen in Melee. She's too good.

@DMK: I thought you weren't even going to buy this game, let alone play Melee any more.

Hot damn, CAGBookie sounds so good right now...

[quote name='yukine']Haha, Pitfall. Nice item. :lol:[/quote]

Love it. Perfect item from Animal Crossing to incorporate into the game and will really add a lot of new dimensions to the gameplay.

I still think Resetti should be an assist trophy. I'll be upset if it doesn't happen.

I'll be upset if Resetti isn't in the game, but I'll be sadder if he is. I don't need him yelling at me, threatening to take my memory.

I was thinking it would be kinda cool if they made the furniture leaf into an item. Then you throw it and it turns into a random piece of furniture :lol:

[quote name='CouRageouS']I was thinking it would be kinda cool if they made the furniture leaf into an item. Then you throw it and it turns into a random piece of furniture :lol:[/QUOTE]

I wanna Cabana Dresser some bitches.

If Peach is in the game (and she will be), she'll probably have a more Super Princess Peach-inspired moveset, wouldn't she?

Ike from Fire Emblem!

ike.jpg

"From Fire Emblem, Ike appears! The fact that he can wield a two-handed sword with a single hand is a testament to his magnificent strength.

His brings his special move "Aether" with him as he crashes the Brawl party. Try for a single-stroke finishing blow with his mighty blade!"

The image took some time to load, so when it did, I was disappointed when it wasn't the South Park character.

Still pretty cool tho. I wonder if this means Marth is gone.

bread's done
Back