Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

I'm pretty sure they confirmed that Ness was not oging to be in SSBB.

The First paragraph in the update says:

[quote name='"Super Smash Bros. Brawl Site"']There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users.[/quote]

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like there is going to be no Ness.

there's no way this man is going to just 'mention' ness so many times and Ness isn't in the game.

[quote name='prisonerac']Wasn't it confirmed along time ago that tails was an assist trophy? I mean I remember hearing that during the E4 all event some people used him and he is basically a hovering saftey net. IE: Picks you up and flys you back to the arena if you fall off. I am not crazy right? Anyone else remember this?[/quote]I don't know about personal experiences at E4All but it was never 'confrimed' officially thru any official channels. yet.[quote name='Mr. Beef']Here's to seeing a Metal Sonic AT.[/quote]see i don't see Metal Sonic being an assist trophy when it's so much easier to turn Sonic + Metal Box = Metal Sonic.

[quote name='Super Maio Fan']I'm pretty sure they confirmed that Ness was not oging to be in SSBB.

The First paragraph in the update says:

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like there is going to be no Ness.[/quote]

Thats how I read it too, but it seems really strange to take a character that has been in every version of the game, create a clone OF that character, and remove the source material...

Something about that just seems off. I'm HOPING that Ness/Ness moves is tomorrow's update.

I'm a big ness fan, even though he was bad in SSBB he was fun to play, and lucas seems like a fine exchange for Ness. Looks pretty similiar, but tuned and maybe not last tier like SSBB. I have no complaints.

I realize it's hard to top a week when you have to follow the Stage Creator update, but this week has been...ehh, passable. I mean I'm pretty easy to please on this game because the bottom line is that I'll have it on launch day, but it would be nice to end the week on a high note.

Do me proud, Sakurai.

[quote name='Strell']but it would be nice to end the week on a high note.[/quote]
Nope.

Neat picture though.

stage17_071109c-l.jpg

O_O this stage is just going to be painful for me *makes note to self to pick up melee and play frantically before smash*

This is the kind of stage that ends friendships.....and childhoods.

"Daddy! Let me in!"
"I'm afraid I can't do that, Billy."

[quote name='BattleChicken']This update makes me a Sad Panda... where's Ness!?[/quote]

Dead in a dumpster.

Feel better?

I don't know how much I like these stages where it's you vs. dudes vs. the stage itself. I just wanna hit Samus in the face with a blunt object, not hide from lava. Woe is me.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I just hope that Sonic's ATs won't delve too far into the Sonic universe. *cough* fuck BIG THE CAT *cough*

Here's to seeing a Metal Sonic AT.[/QUOTE]

I would shit myself if Metal Sonic was in Brawl. On the spot.

[quote name='pokemonfan92']When is the game coming out?[/QUOTE]

You will know when you hear the angels sing its arival. or check the website to find out.

Or Feb 2008.

[quote name='pokemonfan92']When is the game coming out?[/quote]

you make a thread to ask this question, it is answered, and you ask again? the answer is in the thread with the big red lock on it. the one YOU made

[quote name='Tybee']This is the kind of stage that ends friendships.....and childhoods.[/quote]
stage17_071109e-l.jpg

"Samus! Open the pod bay doors, Samus!"
"...I'm sorry, Wario. I'm afraid can't do that."

[quote name='Liquid 2']Some of the levels (like this one) seem almost too dynamic, to the point where they'll distract from the actual gameplay.[/quote]
That's true, but it makes complete sense after the revelation of the create-a-stage feature. Those stages are almost bound to be mostly static affairs, or at least static affairs with traps and such obstacles in them. Not that that's a bad thing, though. But you'll be able to get all of the non-dynamic levels you want with custom stages. I highly doubt they'll be able to add things like lava flows into the custom stage builder. So it's only logical that most of the stages they have shown us thus far have been dynamic stages--if they're going to make a stage, it would be pointless to make one that people could just do themselves with the custom stage builder.

I do agree, some of them are going to be frantic. However, you seem to think that interacting with the stage isn't part of the "actual gaemplay." If you're playing on a stage like Norfair, then yes, you might be doing less direct fighting. But scrambling to reach that safe point, and beating each other to get to it, looks like a lot of fun.

I'm just hoping for one thing: no scrolling stages. Those really were to busy.

[quote name='The Crotch']You know that this is just a minor variation on a level that was in the last two Smash Bros., right?[/QUOTE]
In prior versions, it moved up and down.
It didn't have buckets of lava being dumped on it, with the occasional lava tsunami thrown in for good measure.

Personally, I prefer the kind of dynamic levels that the Warioware and Pictochat levels represent; those look awesome. I'm also hoping for a repeat of Big Blue from Melee or a similar level. But Norfair... I think Sakurai may have taken it too far this time. Most of my friends already hated the level in Smash 1 and Melee since it's so hard to avoid the lava, but I didn't mind it in the previous incarnations. This one looks a little too over-the-top for me, though.

Luckily, we can choose which levels we play. And hopefully they'll include the option from Melee that let us set which levels were selectable on random.

I honestly don't remember the first game that well; I played the crap out of it, but then I played even more Melee, and they've kind of blurred together.

You'd think for all those hours I'd actually be good at the game. :(

[quote name='The Crotch']I think somewhere around page thirty of this thread people were complaining that the levels weren't dynamic enough.[/quote]

I think I complained that they were TOO dynamic...

Then I thought about it, much like new maps in Starcraft, the diversity of the maps will keep the basic gameplay fresh, and offer up different tactics and strategies for play..

Speaking of Starcraft.. I got your broadcast PM, and would be game for some SC:BW Sunday.

[quote name='tankexmortis']I don't care if it's "acid", it's the SAME DAMN STAGE.[/quote]

Well, it was a good stage. I'm glad there are a few stages returning from Melee, just like there were those "classic" stages from the first Smash. Bros included in Melee.

I like the dynamic ones, to a point.

It makes it more interesting, plus there will always be a dearth of 'static' stages to balance it.

I refuse to complain about this game. Honestly, does anyone truly think this will turn out anything but perfect? I can't even remember a game that looked to be coming together this well... ever.

In fact, not to get on Nintendo or anything... but I think that's why they pushed it back. With Galaxy already looking great, they've got a system seller for the Holidays (not that they even needed one), they push this back... and then they have a system seller for the classically 'dead' periods of the year.

Or whatever.

It's going to be utterly fantastic.

[quote name='carthitup']I like the dynamic ones, to a point.

It makes it more interesting, plus there will always be a dearth of 'static' stages to balance it.

I refuse to complain about this game. Honestly, does anyone truly think this will turn out anything but perfect? I can't even remember a game that looked to be coming together this well... ever.

In fact, not to get on Nintendo or anything... but I think that's why they pushed it back. With Galaxy already looking great, they've got a system seller for the Holidays (not that they even needed one), they push this back... and then they have a system seller for the classically 'dead' periods of the year.

Or whatever.

It's going to be utterly fantastic.[/quote]

Definitely. This is going to be one of the best games in a long time.

[quote name='The Crotch']Regular Aether shoulda been his FS. This is just stupid. His Up+B shoulda just been his critical hit from FE9.[/quote]

Man, what the eff is AETHER?

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I don't know how much I like these stages where it's you vs. dudes vs. the stage itself. I just wanna hit Samus in the face with a blunt object, not hide from lava. Woe is me.[/quote]you're looking at it the wrong way. I want to hit Samus in the face with a blunt object into lava

[quote name='Strell']
technique07_071113f-l.jpg

HEY VEGETA, WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS POWER LEVEL?[/QUOTE]
It's over NINE THOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!2!!!11111!!!!!

Is Ike someone from the Fire Emblem universe?

bread's done
Back