Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

*sigh*

I'm REALLY starting to lose interest in the Dojo.
I haven't really cared about any of the updates for the last month.

I'm all for keeping lots (emphasis on LOTS) of characters a secret, but at least give us one more to fill out the character profile page on the Dojo!

And 2 more stages.

I'm all about the even numbers. :lol:

[quote name='Gameboy415']*sigh*

I'm REALLY starting to lose interest in the Dojo.
I haven't really cared about any of the updates for the last month.

I'm all for keeping lots (emphasis on LOTS) of characters a secret, but at least give us one more to fill out the character profile page on the Dojo!

And 2 more stages.

I'm all about the even numbers. :lol:[/QUOTE]

agreed, i almost dont care about the morning updates anymore, a month and a half of updates left and i dont even care anymore. It feels like the past month of updates has been just boring crap.

[quote name='CardThrower21']There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? :booty:[/quote]

Self awareness for the win.

[quote name='mofo1115']sounds good but I doubt I'll ever want to use it and actually set it up instead of just handing over the controller[/quote]

Yeah, I don't see this as useful for me unless there are about 9+ people. That would make it easier to be organized and everyone gets equal play time. With less people than that it's easy enough to just remember who's next.

The only way this would be usefull for less than like 6 people is to keep track of stats (who wins, etc). Also, I can't imagine having more than 6 or 7 people over and playing. People just get too distracted when that happens.

Clearly I'm in the minority because I've been all about loving the updates lately. Today's update (Rotation) for all it's uselessness I approve. I've been crying for more pokemon reveals and Bonsly looks pretty interesting. Personally I think King Dedede's final smash was actually a low point. At least until I see it in action but I wasn't impressed from that update. [quote name='Killer Rabbit'] But if Sakurai expects me to fart around on Event Mode, hoping for something to randomly unlock, well, he is mistaken.[/quote]Smash was always designed around that. If you weren't good at Events or you only cared about playing against people there were match counts to unlocks. You could unlock Ganondorf by doing Event 29 or by just doing 600 matches.[quote name='The Crotch']Really? I don't believe you. Cite your sources![/quote][quote name='[URL="http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi04.html"']With Anyone[/URL]]
By the way, have you ever had an experience in which your opponent was disconnected, and the match never came to fruition? Like when you started with four players, but ended up with only one?
I don’t like that feeling, so I’ve tried to counter it.
If you get cut off, your character will get taken over by the CPU without your opponents even knowing—it pinch hits for you![/quote][quote name='mofo1115']sounds good but I doubt I'll ever want to use it and actually set it up instead of just handing over the controller[/quote]i pretty much agree. Tournement mode was pretty nifty in melee but how many of us used that?[quote name='drfunk85']The only way this would be usefull for less than like 6 people is to keep track of stats (who wins, etc). Also, I can't imagine having more than 6 or 7 people over and playing. People just get too distracted when that happens.[/quote]See obviously you don't live in a dorm. I remember we used to play in the big screen on the common room and people would just hop in and out. (Bottom 2 out) but the thing is we don't care about stats in that situation so once again.. no use. I would agree that it would be rare to find 6-7 people playing and watching to track stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crotch
Really? I don't believe you. Cite your sources!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfkin
With Anyone[/url]]
By the way, have you ever had an experience in which your opponent was disconnected, and the match never came to fruition? Like when you started with four players, but ended up with only one?
I don’t like that feeling, so I’ve tried to counter it.
If you get cut off, your character will get taken over by the CPU without your opponents even knowing—it pinch hits for you!

Sarcasm. That update had happened 2 days earlier and the guy was chiming in out of left field about it like it was new.

Mike beat me to it. I was mocking the person I quoted for talking about old news as though it had just appeared on the Dojo.

Oh my God, a Lyn assist trophy!

Another okay update, seeing all the options is nice, but out of the past 5 updates 3 of them have been about settings and options. We had better get something really good soon.
I do like the Ice Climbers music thought, it's very catchy.

goo[quote name='The Crotch']Mike beat me to it. I was mocking the person I quoted for talking about old news as though it had just appeared on the Dojo.

Oh my God, a Lyn assist trophy![/quote]people are violating me left and right with this sarcasm.. maybe I should take a break or something. I'll see you all when I can tell you what a joke is. Nice update. I like to see the options. This 'Vault' thing looks intriguing. I hope that's where the movies are. I totally dig the movies in melee

[quote name='drfunk85']The only way this would be usefull for less than like 6 people is to keep track of stats (who wins, etc). Also, I can't imagine having more than 6 or 7 people over and playing. People just get too distracted when that happens.[/quote]

Once a week, the Gamer Group on campus has a meeting. Afterwards, we usually play Melee. This mode would work perfectly, as we only have only giant projector, so we can't have multiple systems. 16 is great for such an event.

I see where you're coming from though. When we try LAN parties, smaller groups eventually form and begin playing different games. No way can we keep everyone focused on one particular game in that setting.

[quote name='tayaf69']:twoguns: @ recent updates[/QUOTE]

QFT. I really miss my morning ritual of getting psyched about the Smash Bros update before I left for class :cry:

I just hope all the characters haven't been introduced.

[quote name='seanr1221']
I just hope all the characters haven't been introduced.[/quote]

Well, he did mention secret characters, and his comments indicated that he's not going to tell us who they are ;).

I miss back when the site wasn't the Daily Smash Bros Online Instruction Manual =^-.-^=

Can anyone understand what that voice is saying at the beginning of the Ice Climbers song?

Makes you wonder how many times it will confirm that you want to erase everything this time. I'm hoping for at least 8.

abysmalKirby.jpg

[quote name='SpottedNigel']or....[/quote]
I will complain on an America message board that Sakurai has most likely never seen or even heard of.

It just occurred to me that Sakurai also worked on Meteos. That would probably explain why the main menu screen looks almost exactly the same as Meteos'... Five bucks says you can move those icons around too.

Mario Circuit looks like a fun level. The only thing that would make it better is if characters who weren't in the battle were driving the karts instead of shy guys.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I will complain on an America message board that Sakurai has most likely never seen or even heard of.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

also
stage19071213elph4.jpg

Awesome

I like this update, but...

The thing that has me worried is that since this is a racing theme level, it seems unlikely that we'd also get an F-Zero level. And without an F-Zero level, we might not get Captain Falcon. The only sign of hope so far is that we do have an F-Zero assist trophy confirmed.

[quote name='Travelsized']I like this update, but...

The thing that has me worried is that since this is a racing theme level, it seems unlikely that we'd also get an F-Zero level. And without an F-Zero level, we might not get Captain Falcon. The only sign of hope so far is that we do have an F-Zero assist trophy confirmed.[/QUOTE]

what he said

[quote name='kevlar51']Well, he did mention secret characters, and his comments indicated that he's not going to tell us who they are ;).[/quote]it could be .. but technically it could also refer to something like King Dedede being unlockable and peope who don't read the Dojo wouldn't know about him.[quote name='TheYellowDart']is there online group play? guyz?[/quote]now there's a feature we need an update for.[quote name='Kyattsuai']It just occurred to me that Sakurai also worked on Meteos. That would probably explain why the main menu screen looks almost exactly the same as Meteos'... Five bucks says you can move those icons around too.[/quote]well I hope so you could move the screen in melee. We should be able to do at least that in Brawl. Since we don't have a c-stick by default it makes more sense to have mobile menu objects. Personally I'm hoping for screen tilt because that was fun for all four players to tilt the screen at once.[quote name='SpottedNigel']Fair enough.
also
stage19071213elph4.jpg

Awesome
[/quote]well technically we could do this in Melee. I've never suceeded when I tried and I don't expect to be able to now.[quote name='Travelsized']I like this update, but...

The thing that has me worried is that since this is a racing theme level, it seems unlikely that we'd also get an F-Zero level. And without an F-Zero level, we might not get Captain Falcon. The only sign of hope so far is that we do have an F-Zero assist trophy confirmed.[/quote]I disagree. I see this more as confirmation that Big Blue won't be returning which I'm ok with. One Kart level one F-Zero level and that's all I need.

bread's done
Back