Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I got the call, but hung up.
What did it say?[/quote]

In a nutshell:
  • Brawl will sell staring "Saturday night at midnight." (Must be on DST...;))
  • The release event starts at 10pm
  • She mentions the Brawl-for-$9.99-with-2-Wii-trade-ins deal (though I already paid in full...)
So, yeah, y'didn't miss much. :roll:

[quote name='Phoenix Audubon']In a nutshell:
  • Brawl will sell staring "Saturday night at midnight." (Must be on DST...;))
  • The release event starts at 10pm
  • She mentions the Brawl-for-$9.99-with-2-Wii-trade-ins deal (though I already paid in full...)
So, yeah, y'didn't miss much. :roll:[/quote]

So, people will line up saturday night around 10?

[quote name='Veronica Mars']So, people will line up saturday night around 10?[/QUOTE]

That's when the tournament begins, but yeah if you are getting it at GS go around that time.

[quote name='lilboo']That's when the tournament begins, but yeah if you are getting it at GS go around that time.[/quote]

Yeah.
Store Credit :/

I don't wanna line up tho.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Yeah.
Store Credit :/

I don't wanna line up tho.[/QUOTE]

Well then go fuck yourself.

Normally people say J/K in spoilers, but I'm not. Go fuck yourself.

I'll be @ my local Wal-Mart at 11:30 (tomorrow night) or so killing time before they release it en masse. I'm excited to play it with my buddies at college all morning, though they might be drunk off their asses.

I'll be doing the tourney at GS and once it ends and I win, or get eliminated I'll head across the street and pick a copy up a Wal-Mart. I'm fairly confident that they will have some left... If not there is a Wal-Mart near me that opens at 7am and as such will be doing first sales on Sunday morning.

Woo hoo under 100k seconds for EST people :lol:

Anyway I am sooo excited for this game, only 25 more hours. I got my call today about the GS tourney, and I will be up there unless the weather is udder crap (and I mean crap, I want to be sure I get this game, I don't trust GS one bit, lol). The best part is I am on spring break all this week so my week consists of eating, sleeping and brawl.

Anywho back to Morrowind so I stop thinking about Brawl, lol.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']Type: Package
Scheduled Delivery: 03/10/2008

fuck[/quote]UPS? They don't deliver on the weekend unless it's some super special premium service.

Saw all of our copies of Smash Bros. in our Security Room. I just wanted to grab one and take them home.

Gotta wait for tomorrow. Sadness.

Some reviews are hitting. I read 1up's review. Although it got a
A
it's probably one of the worst pieces of writing I've ever read. The argument is weak at best. Plus, the graphics argument really has me shocked. It's better looking than Twilight Princess, and maybe in some cases, Metroid Prime 3. But...yeah, really poor review.

I got mine early! :)
Early-Smash-Bros.jpg

('course, I had to wait for the sudden neighborhood blackout to end first, but at least I know what I'm doing this weekend. And I've never played Smash Bros. either, so I'll need the time to learn...)

--R.J.

[quote name='rjung']I got mine early! :)
Early-Smash-Bros.jpg

('course, I had to wait for the sudden neighborhood blackout to end first, but at least I know what I'm doing this weekend. And I've never played Smash Bros. either, so I'll need the time to learn...)

--R.J.[/QUOTE]

Where's the toilet paper and the spoon?

[quote name='KingBroly']Some reviews are hitting. I read 1up's review. Although it got a
A
it's probably one of the worst pieces of writing I've ever read. The argument is weak at best. Plus, the graphics argument really has me shocked. It's better looking than Twilight Princess, and maybe in some cases, Metroid Prime 3. But...yeah, really poor review.[/QUOTE]

Ha find the ABC review by Matt C. He looks like he took a nap and woke up just in time for the segment. Dont they have combs at ABC?

Apparently I live near two out of the maybe ten GameStops that AREN'T opening at midnight, so I guess I'll be heading to Wal-Mart.

How much of a hassle do you think Wal-Marts will be at midnight? Informed enough to be ready for people, or blissfully ignorant and abrasive when people start bothering them at 12 on the dot? :lol:

People who have the game!! I know this might be hard to answer...

But with the co-op Subspace Emissary when you play together(online) and an example your friend plays as lucas and you as pit.... then you encounter ness and beat him...

does that unlock him for both of your games if he's not unlocked already or in the person who doesn't have him unlocked becomes unlocked in their game?

[quote name='007']Apparently I live near two out of the maybe ten GameStops that AREN'T opening at midnight, so I guess I'll be heading to Wal-Mart.

How much of a hassle do you think Wal-Marts will be at midnight? Informed enough to be ready for people, or blissfully ignorant and abrasive when people start bothering them at 12 on the dot? :lol:[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like my Wal-Mart, they'll not only be ignorant and abrasive but they'll also refuse to try and help you. ;)

I didn't know that my friend store got it as early as Wednesday. Not a big deal to me, I was busy this week. I probably play it a hour or less. I just wait for launch party tonight or Sunday,midnight party

[quote name='007']Apparently I live near two out of the maybe ten GameStops that AREN'T opening at midnight, so I guess I'll be heading to Wal-Mart.

How much of a hassle do you think Wal-Marts will be at midnight? Informed enough to be ready for people, or blissfully ignorant and abrasive when people start bothering them at 12 on the dot? :lol:[/quote]

The stores know the game exists. The store I work at has got a big display ready to go out onto the floor, and about 100 copies of the game available to anyone who comes at 12:01 AM. We're prepping for the release, though its too bad i'll be in a line at GameStop when it hits the floor at my store.

Best bet would be to call your local store and ask. It really shouldn't be too much trouble. Gamers will be at GameStop i'm sure, while Mom and Grandma will be at Wal-Mart to buy the games for the kids (based on the crowds that have been asking about it at my store).

[quote name='hack']The stores know the game exists. The store I work at has got a big display ready to go out onto the floor, and about 100 copies of the game available to anyone who comes at 12:01 AM. We're prepping for the release, though its too bad i'll be in a line at GameStop when it hits the floor at my store.

Best bet would be to call your local store and ask. It really shouldn't be too much trouble. Gamers will be at GameStop i'm sure, while Mom and Grandma will be at Wal-Mart to buy the games for the kids (based on the crowds that have been asking about it at my store).[/quote]

Will this display be put up in or around the electronics department?

Just curious as to where I need to head in the local Wal-Mart around 11:30.

Not worried about not getting a copy, but I want to get in and out as quickly as I can. Wouldn't hurt to be near the front of the line.

Maybe I'm just completely fucking retarded or something, but yesterday, I played with the Wavebird for hours and hours and hours. I then tried out the remote/nunchuck control combo. Since then, I cannot get it to go back to the wavebird. I've tried everything I know how and it still reads the fucking remote as the default controller.

//edit: working now. WTF? Whatever.

Was able to snag a copy of this earlier today and am enjoying it. Was finally able to find some people to play on Wi-Fi about an hour ago. For anyone else who already has this, did you find the wi-fi play to be extremely laggy? I'm hoping it's not me. I have 3mbps down and 650 up. On speedtest.net for the closest server I ping in the 40's to 50's. For the hell of it, tested to a server in Seattle and pinged at 100.
Would love to hear anyone else's experiences with the Wi-Fi so far.

Snake? Snake! Snaaaaakkkkkkkeeeeeeee!!!!!

.. is awesome.

Kinda bummed that his only taunt is
to put a box over him. I was kinda hoping for a "!" taunt

[quote name='gareman']if I go to wal-mart at midnight should I keep asking even if they won't go to the back and sell it to me?[/quote]

I would insist that you were told that they would be on sale at 12:01 am Sunday and that they should keep their word.

And if that fails, ask to speak to a manager on duty.

I have to pick mine up sometime tomorrow afternoon since I'll be on my way back to school from home (this week was my spring break).

I think I'll try unlocking most of the characters before I jump online.

According to an employee in the electronics department, they have "a wii game" that they cant sell till Sunday but if I asked the person there at 12:01 a.m., they'll go get me one. Actually two since me and a friend are getting it.

As far as pings go Pbear1212...uuuuuh.....more like in the 500's and 600's on dial-SUXXORZ!!!

just a heads up for anyone hoping to score one on sunday morning...

i stopped by 2 different targets yesterday trying to snag an early copy (it didn't work) and they both said they had 48 in stock. now, they could have gotten more copies yesterday afternoon, or today... but 48 copies at a store doesn't seem to be much, so if you're planning to hit target you might wanna get there pretty early... if they really do only have 48 copies (give or take) i can't see their stock lasting very long.

I dunno if I'll be able to attend the midnight launch tonight due to the snow emergency here in Ohio. Even if I made it out there, Gamestop will probably end up cancelling it. This sucks :(

i have never played smash before but i have heard so many great things about it, that it has now peaked my interest, what i was wondering is since i am a big fighting game fan will this feel the void i have on the wii, and with the lacklack of games is purchasing this game a no brainer? i also wonder about the controls, do they ever get annoying or are there simple? and finally can i still preorder at circuit city and get the 10$giftcard if i go today?

[quote name='bigscoot4269']i have never played smash before but i have heard so many great things about it, that it has now peaked my interest, what i was wondering is since i am a big fighting game fan will this feel the void i have on the wii, and with the lacklack of games is purchasing this game a no brainer? i also wonder about the controls, do they ever get annoying or are there simple? and finally can i still preorder at circuit city and get the 10$giftcard if i go today?[/quote]

If you have a Wii, get this game. It's one of the only games to justify owning one, so it's a MUST have.
The controls are pretty easy, unless you want to get competitive. Not sure about the last question.

[quote name='WarriorBlake']
As far as pings go Pbear1212...uuuuuh.....more like in the 500's and 600's on dial-SUXXORZ!!![/quote]Okay man, here's the plan. At exactly 7:30 PM Central Time on June 3, 2008, we both go online. Nintendo's servers will not be strong enough to stop our combined lag-monsters. They will grow strong feeding on Nintendo's servers before moving on to devour XBL and PSN. With those out of the way, it will only be a matter of time before Steam falls. And then there will be no online left for anyone! Bwahaha!

You dig?

Hey all!

Can't wait for this game. Quick question though... I have smash bros. pre-ordered already at a gamestop, can I pick it up tonight ( 12am ) at my local gamestop if it is doing the midnight launch event or do I need to wait till sun...?

I have never been to one of the midnight launch things. I don't want to show up and look like a fool if this is only for the people that haven't pre-ordered and want to camp out to get a copy. Thanks in adavnce! :bouncy:

[quote name='digicho']Hey all!

Can't wait for this game. Quick question though... I have smash bros. pre-ordered already at a gamestop, can I pick it up tonight ( 12am ) at my local gamestop if it is doing the midnight launch event or do I need to wait till sun...?

I have never been to one of the midnight launch things. I don't want to show up and look like a fool if this is only for the people that haven't pre-ordered and want to camp out to get a copy. Thanks in adavnce! :bouncy:[/quote]
You can pick it up tonight at Gamestop. :D

[quote name='The Crotch']Okay man, here's the plan. At exactly 7:30 PM Central Time on June 3, 2008, we both go online. Nintendo's servers will not be strong enough to stop our combined lag-monsters. They will grow strong feeding on Nintendo's servers before moving on to devour XBL and PSN. With those out of the way, it will only be a matter of time before Steam falls. And then there will be no online left for anyone! Bwahaha!

You dig?[/quote]

*as in the Guinness commercial* BRILLIANT!

bread's done
Back