Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='lilboo']Yeah it is! I played through the entire SSE with my BF. It was great. The maze is an asshole, but it didn't ruin the experience.

There's actually a whole set of events for co-op. I think there were 21 Co-op events? Very nice. Plus All Star & Boss Battle modes are co-op.

So yes :)[/quote]Question, do you still get the rewards (the challenge window) for beating All Star or Boss Battles on co-op because All Star on Insane doesn't look too fun, lol.

[quote name='leveskikesko']What SSBB characters do you guys absolutley hate?
[/quote]

To play as, Olimar because I don't know how to play him.

Also fighting against fox, falco or wolf because those bastards never die and when you hit them with a good attack they just use their up and b move and get back up.

I can't remember where I heard this, or if it's even true, but is it possible to put music on an SD card and have it playing during matches? I just tried it today, but I think I did something wrong because I saw no way to select music from my card. That is, if it's even possible.

I finally got my Brawl order from TRu today.

Code: 1633-3953-4637

Feel free to send me a PM and I'll adde you. Just sent 15 PM's to different members askign them to add me.

I won't be online this weekend. Tomorrow evenign I have five friends comign over and we're gonna play all night. So I'm not going to play for the first time until then. Just adding some codes tonight.

The opening looked awesome, even if it was only in 480P. ;P

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I can't remember where I heard this, or if it's even true, but is it possible to put music on an SD card and have it playing during matches? I just tried it today, but I think I did something wrong because I saw no way to select music from my card. That is, if it's even possible.[/QUOTE]

Short answer, no. Maybe you're thinking of Excite Truck?

I hate Ganondorf and Wario. Ganondorf is WAY too slow and Wario to me isn't very efficient (maybe it gives me the illusion of that with his stop motion attacks and running).

To the people I just played - Sorry about the lag. AJS was uploading something and he didn't think it would affect the game. D'oh!

To the people I just played - Sorry about the lag. AJS was uploading something and he didn't think it would affect the game. D'oh!

[quote name='The 7th Number']

#2 is hard, i dont know what to do really, i made a giant tank come down once. but i always die within seconds. Any advice?[/QUOTE]

The objective is to survive the entirety of the match. Fox has unlimited smash attacks for Event #2, so just press B after it ends so that you can't be harmed.

[quote name='rabbitt']The objective is to survive the entirety of the match. Fox has unlimited smash attacks for Event #2, so just press B after it ends so that you can't be harmed.[/quote]

Yeah i just beat it. LOL. I didnt know i could press special and get the tank. That was pretty easy actually.

The events i have left are..
#11 beat all the yoshis in order of color (never tried it yet)
#13 reunite the 3 parts of the dragoon.
#14 guard the pikmin till they all bloom into flowers (i dont understand this, but the pikmin guy sucks)
#20 beat 8 new comers.

Just got the game today. Fan-fucking-tastic. Just going through the SSE for now. My favourite guys are Ike (who I was hesitant to use due to him looking like scrub-bait) and the Pokemon Trainer.

The only real problem is my controller. Back when I first got my GameCube, my pet rabbit chewed on my controllers. Not the cords, mind you (that was the Dreamcast he did that to) - the rubber on the analogue and C sticks. And he bent one edge of the analogue stick slightly. So basically, I have sharp fucking plastic jamming into my thumb any time I have to move the analogue stick in any direction but down (there's still rubber on the top). I'm gonna have a callous in a couple of days, though, so I guess it's okay.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah i just beat it. LOL. I didnt know i could press special and get the tank. That was pretty easy actually.

The events i have left are..
#11 beat all the yoshis in order of color (never tried it yet)
#13 reunite the 3 parts of the dragoon.
#14 guard the pikmin till they all bloom into flowers (i dont understand this, but the pikmin guy sucks)
#20 beat 8 new comers.
[/QUOTE]

#13 is tricky on hard mode. Try to stay airborne until the dragoon pieces fall.

[quote name='naes']To the people I just played - Sorry about the lag. AJS was uploading something and he didn't think it would affect the game. D'oh![/quote]

Lol! I thought that was on my end because of the storm! Had me feeling guilty for nothing!

[quote name='sasukekun']Haha, were you in there too when I got 3 people with Zelda's Smash?[/QUOTE]

Nah. I'm just callin you a bitch for fun. COD. Lez go.

Good games to all we played 2nite ^_^
Jello, Giz, Strel, and Kuga. I think that's it. Good games. Sorry to cut off so early (for you) Stell, we been playing for awhile.. need a bit of a break!

Damn coming in second to you always :bomb: :)

EDIT: K my friend just told me he bought this game because evryone he knew has it.. lol I'm gonna play with him for a bit so if I decline any invites don't take it personal. Really :whistle2:( I hate that I can't respond with "Sorry!" :(

I

[quote name='lilboo']
Damn coming in second to you always :bomb: :)[/QUOTE]

See: Mr. Beef's sig.

Considering what day it is, I'm thinking if someone loses to you, you're writing their names down and calculating points, which shall be redeemed later on.

[quote name='Vinny']I beat SSE... and only have 96%. I wonder what I'm missing.:whistle2:k[/quote]

You gotta get all the orange boxes, etc.

Good games JJ.

I apologize to Raven and Walrus for dropping out the moment I got invites from you guys. I assure you there is a good reason. Same could be said to JJ - I'm not trying to dick around and cancel out after I've won or something.

Chances are pretty good I will be on late into the night for a while.

[quote name='Strell']Good games JJ.

I apologize to Raven and Walrus for dropping out the moment I got invites from you guys. I assure you there is a good reason. Same could be said to JJ - I'm not trying to dick around and cancel out after I've won or something.

Chances are pretty good I will be on late into the night for a while.[/QUOTE]

RIGHT?! I hate that! I hate when someone joins.. plays a match and I leave. I feel like I'm leaving to be a sore loser/winner :whistle2:( I guess as long as we all know not to take it personal, it's ok :lol:

if you play me and I leave early or deny your request to join, don't take it personal! Really!! I have quite a few friends that have this game so sometimes I'm looking to play with them!

[quote name='dallow']The hardest part is the Hand.
Is there a real stragety for him? I just do the usual jump and down A attacks with most characters.

Hate that crap.[/QUOTE]

Sonic's homing attack (B) seems to work really well. Just get above the hand and spam it. Otherwise you just have to doge certain attacks.

MY FC: 0173-1067-5824

PM me if you add I really gotta go round and collect these things lol

[quote name='The Crotch']Just got the game today. Fan-fucking-tastic. Just going through the SSE for now. My favourite guys are Ike (who I was hesitant to use due to him looking like scrub-bait) and the Pokemon Trainer.

The only real problem is my controller. Back when I first got my GameCube, my pet rabbit chewed on my controllers. Not the cords, mind you (that was the Dreamcast he did that to) - the rubber on the analogue and C sticks. And he bent one edge of the analogue stick slightly. So basically, I have sharp fucking plastic jamming into my thumb any time I have to move the analogue stick in any direction but down (there's still rubber on the top). I'm gonna have a callous in a couple of days, though, so I guess it's okay.[/QUOTE]

Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit...

Ike isn't bad, although it seems like a lot of people who use him only know how to spam Aether.

[quote name='naes']To the people I just played - Sorry about the lag. AJS was uploading something and he didn't think it would affect the game. D'oh![/QUOTE]

I was wondering what was going on. I had to drop out because the lag was so bad. :whistle2:(

GG Moses, and jTOH!

You were owning me on the 1-on-1 jTOH, so much that I thought you were holding back a bit, as not to make it a runaway game!

Heh, all those years of Street Fighter really comes in handy when picking up new games.

I actually just had to take a leak, but didn't have a taunt that said anything like that =/

[quote name='aTOH']Heh, all those years of Street Fighter really comes in handy when picking up new games.

I actually just had to take a leak, but didn't have a taunt that said anything like that =/[/QUOTE]

haha - nice. I created a room if you want to go at it again.

Do you guys mind if I make a fourth? I think we'll have to exchange codes really quick.

EDIT: Regardless, I've added Sasuke, Strell, and JFD to my list. Add mine, please! :)

[quote name='WarriorBlake']You gotta get all the orange boxes, etc.[/QUOTE]

I completed every level outside of the Maze levels. Those just show up as dots, and not flags to mark if you missed anything...?

Damn, this won't be fun.

Nevermind, didn't realize new flags show up after beating SSE.

2 Questions, first off who do you suggest to complete the time limit in target smash 5?

Second what is the easiest and cheapest way to finish the 15 min melee? I tried jigglypuff and falco but both of them when trying the keep on the ledge tactics fail both for me because they still hit me or I fall off.

Oh and BTW did anyone try the Snake trick at his stage yet? Basically go to snake stage and play as snake and if you have a d-pad to taunt, press the down taunt really fast. If done correctly he will call one person from metal gear solid and you get a very awesome conversation about your opponent and there is one for each fighter in the game.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']2 Questions, first off who do you suggest to complete the time limit in target smash 5?

Second what is the easiest and cheapest way to finish the 15 min melee? I tried jigglypuff and falco but both of them when trying the keep on the ledge tactics fail both for me because they still hit me or I fall off.[/QUOTE]

IDK if this works for 15 min melee, but I know it does for 100 man brawl. DK's down + B move.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']IDK if this works for 15 min melee, but I know it does for 100 man brawl. DK's down + B move.[/quote]I tried that one, in melee it works perfectly but around 75 ish kills those bastards realize you are doing it and gang up on you. Maybe if I keep at it but my problem is when they all gang up in one pack after like 75 kills, makes stuff very hard.

bread's done
Back