Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

aite so after I lost my stupid wifi connector, I finally got an adapter, here's my FC code:

4725 7734 7843

I'll be on in a couple more hours, and i'll always be on once I'm done with finals.

Let me know if you add me so I can add you back.

Dear God, this game is good. Just beat SSE with about 88% earlier today. I had no trouble with the maze, save for a couple of arbitrarily difficult parts (Haha! You took the wrong barrel! You lose a life!). Ike's still my favourite, though the Pokemon Trainer is a close second. Charizard fucking rocks the bosses' socks with his forward B. Also, my thumb is fucking dying due to the lack of rubber on my GC controller's analogue stick.

So far I've only played about an hour. Finished Pikachu on Classic and mostly just did vs with my brother. Any advantage on playing Classic or Story/Adventure for unlocking stuff?

[quote name='bardiya27']aite so after I lost my stupid wifi connector, I finally got an adapter, here's my FC code:

4725 77347 7843

I'll be on in a couple more hours, and i'll always be on once I'm done with finals.

Let me know if you add me so I can add you back.[/QUOTE]

Brawl FCs only have 12 digits. That's an extra 7, right?

After playing with all 4 controller setups, I would say:

Classic Controller > Gamecube Controller > Wii Remote > Wii Remote + Nunchuk

I think the Classic Controller does everything the GC controller does with greater ease.

[quote name='dyeknom']Sorry for dropping group kndy, blue and spark. I gotta reset my modem, I started picking up some bad lag during the last match.[/QUOTE]

S'ok. I was just a little disappointed because I was getting my butt kicked. :lol:

[quote name='guinaevere']So far I've only played about an hour. Finished Pikachu on Classic and mostly just did vs with my brother. Any advantage on playing Classic or Story/Adventure for unlocking stuff?[/quote]

Beat classic 10 times (10 different characters) and you'll fight sonic to unlock him.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Im new to this game. Can anyone tell me what the best way to recover is? It is a big part of the game and I have no skill at it.[/QUOTE]

Press the grab button while in air and you'll land on your feet.

[quote name='willardhaven']After playing with all 4 controller setups, I would say:

Classic Controller > Gamecube Controller > Wii Remote > Wii Remote + Nunchuk

I think the Classic Controller does everything the GC controller does with greater ease.[/QUOTE]

If the classic controller allowed your to move with the dpad instead of the analog stick then it would be hands down the best. But I just can't get used to the feel of using the analog stick in the positon it sits in.

[quote name='guinaevere']So far I've only played about an hour. Finished Pikachu on Classic and mostly just did vs with my brother. Any advantage on playing Classic or Story/Adventure for unlocking stuff?[/quote]
I think I got to 32 characters playing SSE, and just unlocked Toon Link by beating Classic with regular Link. The actual fight to unlock the fucker was surprisingly tough. We were both over a hundred damage when I pulled off my final smash and KO'ed him.

Most levels I have have been unlocked through events, getting other characters, or playing regular matches.

[quote name='ZForce915']If the classic controller allowed your to move with the dpad instead of the analog stick then it would be hands down the best. But I just can't get used to the feel of using the analog stick in the positon it sits in.[/quote]

Really I find the gc dpad to be really crappy.

I'll try out the CC though.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Good luck to all Round 2 Gamestop participants, including those who play as degenerate penguins[/QUOTE]
=]

Anyway story time.

Well Round 2 of the GameStop tournament was today. The directions I was given blew ass so I walked in the door at like 1:59 and they were going to start at 2:00 with or without me. I actually got in on luck, I saw some shopping center which was massive so I took a guess that it was there and I found it but parking was horrendous and I had to park on the total opposite side of the GameStop. Walked in handed the guy my certificate and got started. Take note I left at 12:00, and the directions were so bad I spent 2 hours to get to a place that should take only 45 minutes. I almost gave up because most of the time I had no idea where I was going.

Same rules as before, Battlefield, no items, tournament mode, but this time 3 minutes instead of 1. They set up tournament mode I picked Dedede as usual and the tournament got under-nope they fucked up and put all CPUs so no one got to fight.

They redo it and the guy discovers you can drop spots out and give people byes instead of having them fight CPUs, so because we only had 14 people 2 people would get byes.

Round 1 was intense and people had some varied picks, and one guy completely dominated with Ivysaur and another with Olimar.

Round 1: Me (Dedede) vs Mario
The match was a ton of me, while close, he never really had a chance to KO me, I got an early KO and started to play defensively. With about 30 seconds to go he goes into panic mode while I sit back and let him come to me (sitting there at about 220%). He does end up getting a KO due to me misplaying a Bair and its all tied up. I have a chance to KO him since he was rather high but I couldn't get set up. We go to sudden death and my first Waddle Dee hits his shield, so I throw another and he dies. Win

He was a really cool guy and we end up swapping phone numbers so we can exchange friend codes later on.

The next round I would have to play a guy who got a bye, so I had no idea what he was going to do and how he was going to play. The second problem is, he was Pit, and while I was practicing with my brother earlier today I found out Dedede matches up really badly with Pit and even against my brother who never played Brawl I ended up getting my ass kicked. Spamming Side-B gives DDD no chance of doing anything and racks up the damage quickly.

Round 2: Me (Dedede) vs Pit
Right off the bat he spams like 3 arrows and I counter with some Waddle Dees so I don't get hurt, he then chases me down and starts spamming Side-B but I get out of the way without taking too much damage. He comes back and spams Side-B again and once again I have to get away. I start playing super defensively but then he starts spamming arrows. It was basically that for about 2 minutes. I end up getting to about 180% with a minute to go and he is at 120%, easy KOs for both of us. I chain grab him to the side of the stage and he falls off and does Up-B, I jump with him and end up missing a Fair and he lands first so I try a Dair but he dodges and hits me with a Side Smash and I get KOed. I go into overdrive not caring about my %, I'll win Sudden Death so I just need a KO I hit a couple Bairs and comes right back from near KO, so I try it again while hes doing his Up+B but somehow he hits me, we land and he spams Side+B but I get a Bair in and with about 2 seconds to go he is flying in the air, the timer hits TIME and the flash from a KO comes up. I get ready to throw a Waddle Dee but Pit's victory music starts playing and I was upset. I just got gayed out of Sudden Death and a victory by someone who spams two moves. Lost =[

The guy goes on to round 3 vs the good Ivysaur player and does the same shit, Spam Arrows and Side-B and gets about 3 KOs. Ivysaur player and the rest of the competitors were visibly shook up, the Ivysaur player just dominated the previous round.

The finals end up with Pit vs the great Olimar player, the guy figured out by watching the Pit matches that all hes going to do is spam Arrows and Side-B, which he does. Olimar plays great and with about 20 seconds to go is winning. Pit player gets a KO so it goes to sudden death. Olimar does something but misses Pit and Pit hits for a KO. Olimar player was pissed, hes cursing to himself and Pit player starts getting cocky, "none ya'll can beat me suckas." Everyone is pissed this guy just gayed his way through the brackets with a bye and spamming 2 moves and then he goes and acts like a total douchebag. He goes and gets his Karate Trophy and everyone just walks out silent, Olimar player its on a bench and talks to a friend of his, "I wouldn't be pissed if I lost to someone with class and could actually press more than 2 buttons." Couldn't have said it better myself.

[quote name='Wooten']Yea good games so far Kent and Tom, but JJ dude... stop running and fight some it's called Super Smash Bros. not Super Running Pit. They have a spectator mode if you like that more :D.[/QUOTE]
Hey! I quit that game because he kept running back and forth. No fair! :)

[quote name='blackbird3216']Hey! I quit that game because he kept running back and forth. No fair! :)[/quote]

No problem blackbird, I was about to quit too. It was stupid. I need to add you as a friend tonight and you need to do the same. I would've requested it, but then you left...

Thanks for the story zerowing, sorry it wasn't a great ending. I really dislike playing against Pit most of the time. Someone might just cold cock him if he pulls that crap next round, then I'd laugh.

Do we have to clear all of SSE under a certain difficulty for a trophy?
I'll be mad, because it was an OK thing..but a bit too long and kinda boring.

[quote name='lilboo']Do we have to clear all of SSE under a certain difficulty for a trophy?
I'll be mad, because it was an OK thing..but a bit too long and kinda boring.[/quote]

I only have 2 blue windows left, and so far no trophy for it that I can see :/

[quote name='BlueLobstah']S'ok. I was just a little disappointed because I was getting my butt kicked. :lol:[/quote]
:( But it was fun with four people!

I went to Wal*Mart yesterday and they had a Wii hooked up to a big screen TV just sitting at the title screen waiting until the demo showed up. Now the question is... what would the reaction be if I brought in a GC controller and started playing?:lol: I want to try, but at the same time, don't want to get the banhammer thrown my way.

*alternate universe conversation*
(WME-Wal*Mart Employee, Me=me)
WME: Sir, what are you doing?
Me: Just playing the game you have set up here.
WME: Sir that's not what it's there for. Furthermore, where did you get that controller?
Me: I brought this controller from my house. What's the point of having this Wii display without any playable demo?
WME: *calls security*

:D

If the Wind Waker version of the Zelda theme is not in here, somebody'sgonnagettahurtREALBAD.

[quote name='lilboo']SURVAY TIME[/quote]OKAY

[quote name='lilboo'] Fav new character/Why?[/quote]Ike. It feels like... it feels like every move I do with him is just right. Like when I'm using Meta or something, I'm swinging and missing. When I'm using Pit, I'm swinging and missing. When I'm using Ike? Everything just works out. Second place goes to the Pokemon Trainer. Charizard raped bosses, and the other two ain't too shabby, either.
[quote name='lilboo'] Least fav new character/Why?[/quote]Hmm. Pit? I wanted to like him, and I do like his forward B, but I just couldn't get into him. Oh, and Lucas. Which is actually kinda funny, seeing as how that's my name.

[quote name='lilboo'] Fav new stage/Why?[/quote]The new Ice Climber's and Toon Link levels are pretty bitchin'. They've got the moving level thing going on, but it's never too crazy like in that old F-Zero level from Melee. It always feels like shit's under control, but about to go out of control.
[quote name='lilboo'] Leas fav new stage/WHY?![/quote]Flat Zone 2. fucking ink-blot-looking people always hitting me. I hate that chef. SO MUCH! Oh, and the camera is zoomed out way too far all the time on New Pork City. It's fine when everyone's spread out, but when we're side-by-fucking-side, lemme see myself! How the fuck is Olimar supposed to know if he has any Pikmin?

[quote name='lilboo'] Favorite Final Smash?[/quote]Lucas' is pretty damn good. I haven't used it, but the computer made Snake's FS look awesome.
[quote name='lilboo'] LEAST favorite final smash?[/quote]Peach's. Sorry, lilboo. Not big on DK's either, but I only used it once, and I wasn't exactly clear on how the hell it worked, either.

[quote name='cheapwiigamer']question on spectator mode. How many people are actually doing it and are you winning at all?[/quote]
I don't really see the point in it since coins are so easy to obtain.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I got killed by HDfuckingTV. There was a massive input lag that no one else noticed. It was so bad I almost paused it the first round to say that my controller was broken. And I was the best person there by a wide margin too.

fucking HD.[/QUOTE]

Ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha.

[quote name='blackbird3216']Hey! I quit that game because he kept running back and forth. No fair! :)[/quote]

Ahh you are Kent? I was wondering who that was.

[quote name='The Crotch']Peach's. Sorry, lilboo. Not big on DK's either, but I only used it once, and I wasn't exactly clear on how the hell it worked, either.[/QUOTE]

No, it's ok. :lol: I am pretty sad about Peach this game. She feels heavy & slow and she is not the destroyer she used to be. RIP Good Peach :cry:

Peach's FS works GREAT on scrolling stages. She SHOULD have a FS like Dedede, with Toads. It's not like it would be a big deal since several people in the game have the same/similar FS' :roll:

[quote name='zewone']Ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha.[/quote]Appropriate, no?

EDIT: Peach should have an FS based on her Super Princess Peach emotion stuff.

[quote name='The Crotch']
EDIT: Peach should have an FS based on her Super Princess Peach emotion stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the rage emotion SHOULD have been it. It would have been perfect. I said that ever since they announced final smashes. :bomb:

SURVAY TIME

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fav new character/Why?
-King Dedede for sure, I was meh on him when he was revealed, but the more I saw on him the more and more I liked him, even as to make him the main character I use. I also really like Sonic and Snake, they're just fun to use, Sonic because of his insane speed and Snake because of all his tricks up his sleeve.

Least fav new character/Why?
-ROB and Wolf, ROB just seems I dunno, kind of forced and Wolf because Star Fox does not need 3 reps, especially since he probably got in over Ridley.

Fav new stage/Why?
-Pirate Ship, I love the graphics, the music is great, its not too small, overall I just love the feel of this one. Lylat Cruise and Luigi's Mansion are also up there.

Leas fav new stage/WHY?!
-Flat Zone 2, 75m, and Mario Bros are all terrible in my opinion. New Pork City is god awful as well.

Favorite Final Smash?
-Luigi's is so fun to use with the kooky music and uncontrollable taunting.

LEAST favorite final smash?
-Dedede's final smash blows, the only thing I really hate about him, the shitty fs.

quick question, does it matter what nickname you put in when you reg a FC?

doesn't it all work out when you both add each other?

PM me if you add me btw
1246 8483 8635

[quote name='lilboo']SURVAY TIME

[/quote]

Favorite New Character: Pokemon Trainer because Charizard kicks ass. Pit and Snake are pretty good as well.

Least Favorite New Character: Captain Olimar just because I don't know how to play as him.

Favorite New Stage: Deffiently the Warioware stage because it is so fun and random,but the Pictochat one is cool as well.

Least Favorite: New Polk City AND That DK one that scrolls up and down. New Polk because it is too big and you need to get a guy to 150-200% damage to KO him (also the amount of time to try and getting something to that much is crazy when they start moving around). That DK one because it is annoying as hell trying to play that one.

Favorite Final Smash: I don't have one, really. I like most of them.

Least Favorite: Peach because it only puts enemies to sleep, doesn't do any damage. Also Jigglypuff because if you are in a big stage, completely worthless.

Fav new character/Why?
Either Ike or Lucas. Lucas is a good overall with short/med/long range attacks. Ike doesn't really have any longer range attacks, but his moves are really effective.

Least fav new character/Why?
Olimar and Meta Knight. Olimar because he's kind of hard to use and seems like a pushover. Meta Knight because it takes a while for me to knock people off the stage with him... his smash moves just don't seem that effective to me, but maybe I just need to get used to them more.

Fav new stage/Why?
Spear Pillar for sure! What an awesome stage. The first time it flipped (I didn't notice the stage flipped), I thought something was wrong with my Wavebird and ended up going the opposite direction of the stage when trying to recover. LOL. But now that I know the stage can flip vertically and horizontally, it seems really cool... and a really fun way to mess people up.

Leas fav new stage/WHY?!
New Pork City. It's so hard to see anything on this stage since the camera is always zoomed out. And it just has awful land placement in general.

Favorite Final Smash?
Jigglypuff. It's just hilarious to see Jiggly getting bigger and bigger and then hearing the "JIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLYYYY" :p

LEAST favorite final smash?
I can't really think of any right now.

[quote name='UltimoRey']I don't really see the point in it since coins are so easy to obtain.[/quote]

I lay down like 50 at a time. Most of the time I lose because people must just suck. I put a bet on a Wario character and all he did was drive the motorcycle around like it was his first time playing. Bah!

It's kind of fun, but yeah I always have 3000 or more coins unless I go nuts with the coin launcher (did that last night, ok i'll shoot until 2500, 2000, 1500, ok 1000). I get a lot of trohpies/stickers that way.

Favorite new character/Why?
For me, it would have to be Pikmin & Captain Olimar. He has a very unique play style, and is very good if you know how to use him. His recovery is gimped, but that's overlooked by the fact that you can rack up damage very easily, not to mention I feel that his End of Day is one of the best final smashes in the game.

Least favorite new character/Why?
Wolf. While Wolf himself is different enough from Fox/Falco to not be considered a clone character, did StarFox really need three representatives? I think a character from Golden Sun or Fire Emblem would've been a much better fit for this spot.

Favorite new stage/Why?
Pirate ship. Great graphics, and just a fun stage to play on and it feels incredibly balanced. Yoshi's Island ranks up there pretty highly too, just because it brings back good SNES memories.

Least favorite new stage/Why?
DK Falls takes the cake on this one, who's idea was it that this would actually be a good stage? New Pork City as well, just because the stage is just too freaking huge.

Favorite Final Smash?
Link/Toon Link. It just looks impressive.

Least favorite final smash?
ZSS -> Samus. Samus feels very gimped compared to how she played in Melee. If I start off as ZSS at the beginning of the match, I would like to stay as ZSS while still being able to keep others from using the smash ball. And if I decide to use it, there's no guarantee that I will get a second smash ball to turn back into ZSS.

bread's done
Back