Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix (Now w/ Friends List & Game Nights!)

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']So there is a PSN demo for this? I'm gonna download it right now at my gramps house...[/QUOTE]Nope, there isn't. I know that for sure since I didn't see it (Capcom is kind of mixed on giving PSN demos).

Anybody know if there is anything missing between the PS3 version and the 360 version. The download size on PS3 is 303mb, yet on 360 it is around 620mb.

[quote name='jazzman']Anybody know if there is anything missing between the PS3 version and the 360 version. The download size on PS3 is 303mb, yet on 360 it is around 620mb.[/QUOTE]

Maybe compressed a different way?

[quote name='dejeckt']does anyone know how to unlock this song (is it possible?!)

*that video*

it would've been great if they added this song in the game[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's in the game, but that's You're The Best from the Karate Kid movie soundtrack.

Here's my info:

PSN: GenDV138
Headset: Yes

Feel free to add me if anyone wants to play, haven't played SF in awhile so I'm not too good at the moment. I may be on tonight after midnight eastern.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asianxcore']dbostick is legit. Honda Oichi throws are mad annoying :)[/QUOTE]who? is that a CAG??

I lost a fukkyn Honda mirror match last nite... I was pissed!! lol

playstation ID is JEKKI, and I do not own a headset.

I'll add sum of u guys when I get home soon! SOON!

Just picked this up too. Bought it on PSN because of better d-pad

Feel free to add me. The ranking systems is not working quite yet as of this afternoon

CAG name/PSN ID
Headset: Yes/No

tinman_licks/CrimsonTinman
Headset: No

WTF? Is anybody having trouble doing even simple stuff with the Dual Shock 3 d-pad like Guile's charged moves? The d-pad is not responding very well at all for me. And it seems you can't charge moves any time you want. Used to be you could jump diagonal and charge a Flash Kick in mid-air before you landed but I can't get it to execute. Hell, I can only do the Flask Kick probably 2/10 times in this game when I could 10/10 in any prior incarnation.

Not 5 minutes in and I'm afraid this game is broken from too much tinkering. Even SFA3 on a stock PSP's defective d-pad is more playable than this shit.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']WTF? Is anybody having trouble doing even simple stuff with the Dual Shock 3 d-pad like Guile's charged moves? The d-pad is not responding very well at all for me. And it seems you can't charge moves any time you want. Used to be you could jump diagonal and charge a Flash Kick in mid-air before you landed but I can't get it to execute. Hell, I can only do the Flask Kick probably 2/10 times in this game when I could 10/10 in any prior incarnation.

Not 5 minutes in and I'm afraid this game is broken from too much tinkering. Even SFA3 on a stock PSP's defective d-pad is more playable than this shit.[/QUOTE]

The game's fine. I'm not having any problems holding charges. You just need more practice :p.

For those asking to be added to the Friends List: I will not add you until you can follow the simple directions as stated in the OP. :nottalking:

[quote name='JEKKI']who? is that a CAG??
[/QUOTE]

Can't remember if he posts here (I think he might), otherwise he posts on SRK.

Honda straight lock down

Might as well add me right now.
I'm going to buy this game tonight.

PSN: bobo2k4
Edit: almost forgot I do have a headset

[quote name='crunchb3rry']WTF? Is anybody having trouble doing even simple stuff with the Dual Shock 3 d-pad like Guile's charged moves? The d-pad is not responding very well at all for me. And it seems you can't charge moves any time you want. Used to be you could jump diagonal and charge a Flash Kick in mid-air before you landed but I can't get it to execute. Hell, I can only do the Flask Kick probably 2/10 times in this game when I could 10/10 in any prior incarnation.

Not 5 minutes in and I'm afraid this game is broken from too much tinkering. Even SFA3 on a stock PSP's defective d-pad is more playable than this shit.[/quote]

I actually think the PSP's d-pad (at least on the slim) is slightly better than the d-pad on a PS3 controller. I'm also having serious difficulty pulling off moves that used to cause me no trouble. As I said in a previous post, I have trouble consistently pulling off a dragon punch or even a quarter circle move, and pulling off a charge back-forward-back-forward supermove is damn near impossible for me. I wish I had my Saturn version of SSF2T so I could compare my abilities to pull off moves with my Virtua Stick and my Japanese Saturn controller (best fighting game d-pad EVER), but unfortunately while my Saturn is with me, my copy of that game is at my parent's. So I won't be able to test it until late December.

I don't think the game has been broken by the tinkering, I think we are getting screwed by the fact that the person who designed the Playstation d-pad was a fucking moronic monkey who wouldn't know good design from his asshole.

I'm probably going to keep playing and try to adapt to the crappy thumb cramping controller, but I can't wait for the promised PS3 Saturn pad (see my earlier post in this thread for a link to the PSBlog where the Capcom rep says it is coming) or the Capcom licensed joystick being released sometime next year.

[quote name='josh_animebum']I actually think the PSP's d-pad (at least on the slim) is slightly better than the d-pad on a PS3 controller. I'm also having serious difficulty pulling off moves that used to cause me no trouble. As I said in a previous post, I have trouble consistently pulling off a dragon punch or even a quarter circle move, and pulling off a charge back-forward-back-forward supermove is damn near impossible for me. I wish I had my Saturn version of SSF2T so I could compare my abilities to pull off moves with my Virtua Stick and my Japanese Saturn controller (best fighting game d-pad EVER), but unfortunately while my Saturn is with me, my copy of that game is at my parent's. So I won't be able to test it until late December.

I don't think the game has been broken by the tinkering, I think we are getting screwed by the fact that the person who designed the Playstation d-pad was a fucking moronic monkey who wouldn't know good design from his asshole.

I'm probably going to keep playing and try to adapt to the crappy thumb cramping controller, but I can't wait for the promised PS3 Saturn pad (see my earlier post in this thread for a link to the PSBlog where the Capcom rep says it is coming) or the Capcom licensed joystick they release sometime next year.[/QUOTE]The D-pad on the phat PSP was terrible. Slim PSP has a good D-pad. Although, I still think the PS3 D-pad is great; however, results CAN vary between controllers for odd reasons. I remember on PS2 for an example (or was it PS1), the D-pads on my two controllers felt very different (one felt hard, the other felt really smooth).

Diddy310/MG310

Where do you get into the Quarter Match Mode anyway? It'd be nice if you could watch tournament matches as well

Yeah, I actually like the Slim's d-pad. The only game I have though which requires any crazy inputs is Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles. So I just loaded it up and pulled off 10 "Soul Steals" on it in a row with no troubles(for those who don't know the move is a back, forward to half circle back, forward). I know it isn't a great comparison, but it is the best I can make right now.

I don't know why I didn't think to try a different one of my controllers (I have 2 SIXAXIS and 1 DS3), but thanks for the idea. I'll have to try it out tomorrow (when I'm not cleaning or cooking).

GGs rataxico. Epic Ken vs. Sagat matches. Those duels usually lasted until the final round.

[quote name='diddy310']Where do you get into the Quarter Match Mode anyway? It'd be nice if you could watch tournament matches as well[/QUOTE]

Just create a Friendly Match for how many people you want (2-6). Those not playing would be watching.

Good games rataxico and bobo, had a good time even though I lost a lot! The Saturn USB pad works pretty well with the game, should hold me over until the SF sticks come out.

I might have to dig out my SIXAXIS and at least try and rule out the DualShock3 as faulty or not. Part of the problem I'm having is the pad feels like the 360 where straights and diagonals tend to blend together. The Flash Kick would wind up turning into a regular diagonal jumping kick half the time.

Hey Flik stop losing to me HA HA HA.

Good games Jekki and bobo. It was fun and then this started happening:

11262008004.jpg

Am I winning or losing?? Oh wait, definitely losing... but still, it was getting hard to follow. Also remind me never to pick charging characters because you can see what that leads to.

Where's CvS2 HDR??

good games all!

bobo - man you were hella pwning me! lol I gotta step up!

evergoo - man I was pissed when u beat my random select Honda on first match with Chun!! Honda's my dood, that's why I manually chose him in the next round to get my revenge!! Once again I gotta step up if I wanna win any CAG tournaments!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The D-pad on the phat PSP was terrible. Slim PSP has a good D-pad. Although, I still think the PS3 D-pad is great; however, results CAN vary between controllers for odd reasons. I remember on PS2 for an example (or was it PS1), the D-pads on my two controllers felt very different (one felt hard, the other felt really smooth).[/QUOTE]

the org DS on PS1 had very flat d-pad buttons, which are perfect (imo) for SF Games; however when the DS2 controller came out the d-pad was less flat and the buttons were more protruded from the controller which made it more difficult for me. The 6axis has those same d-pad buttons, but i can execute moves fairly well.

wow...i practice a lil, finally got the charge down a lil bit...and then comes freakyzeeky. man, he raped me hard XD

refusedchaos/refusedchaos

Headset = yes

I switched to one of my SIXAXIS controllers today, and found it much more playable for some reason.

Oh yeah and to add my name to the list:
Josh_AnimeBum/Thelonicon
Headet: Yes

Hey guys (evergoo, bobo2k4, GenDV138), definitely good games last night, it was fun, sorry I didn't have my mic on, it was late and wife was already sleeping. I played with my DS3 controller last night, vs the first day I got the game I played with my sixaxis...either I got better at doing the special moves overnight, or my DS3 controller responds better...if you guys are on and want to play hit me up....laterz

Ill have it tomorrow. I'm not very good but I'll play anyone who's interested.

Genfuyung/Genfuyung

Man, I was reading the 360 thread on this game, and I have to say my heart really goes out to those folks that had the choice of getting the PSN version but decided to get it on the 360...

My advice to anyone having a bit of difficulty getting all the special move inputs down:

1) Just relax and practice a bit more, I know I was having a bit of difficulty but I just slowed it down a bit and was able to pull off any move after that.

2) Realize it could be far worse... you could be trying to play this on the 360... :joystick:

[quote name='refusedchaos']wow...i practice a lil, finally got the charge down a lil bit...and then comes freakyzeeky. man, he raped me hard XD

refusedchaos/refusedchaos

Headset = yes[/quote]

hahaha, same here man, I did a little victory dance when I finally got a win in on freaky.

whoooo! I got me a bluetooth piece! I can talk on PSN now!!

I'll jump on after I clean up a bit on sum 12am PST black friday online madness

Sounds like Metaly is asking for an ass beating from me :lol:

I fought so many Scrubyuken fighters today. They act like Balrog hasn't evolved since Championship Edition and Hyper Fighting. It's amazing to see how easy they crumble when faced with a decent balrog.

bread's done
Back