Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

I've updated the first post with info on both Gamertag groups. I know right now we have somewhere between 50-60 CAGs on the original group. I don't know if Panda plans on using his for other fighting games, but I know I'd like to keep using CAG Fighter IV for newer games like MVC3, BB:CS, KOF, and all the existing fighters out.

----

By the way, anyone up for games tonight?

[quote name='MtlTom']I've updated the first post with info on both Gamertag groups. I know right now we have somewhere between 50-60 CAGs on the original group. I don't know if Panda plans on using his for other fighting games, but I know I'd like to keep using CAG Fighter IV for newer games like MVC3, BB:CS, KOF, and all the existing fighters out.

----

By the way, anyone up for games tonight?[/QUOTE]

The bio for the scrub club tag states its for new, novice, and intermediate players of SSFIV, but I can update it as needed if there's interest for other fighting games to have a noob-friendly tag.

I'll be there tonight but im not in the mood for "learning" I'll play it slow and safe but im changing my characters around

I'll be on later tonight. Depends how bad the traffic is tonight since I'm going to the Sillies game + the stanley cup is going on too.

Edit: And it got rained out :( I'll be game to play this evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
GGs last night everyone. In regards to BlazBlue next week for Wednesday Night Fights (I guess it's kind of official now, lol) - I just realized tournament mode comes out. I'd still like to play BB so just hit me up whenever.

------------

So with tournament mode coming out next week I think we should try to get a CAG tournament next Wednesday. Depending on how many people we have we might get multiple brackets going.

Start signing up!

[quote name='MtlTom']GGs last night everyone. In regards to BlazBlue next week for Wednesday Night Fights (I guess it's kind of official now, lol) - I just realized tournament mode comes out. I'd still like to play BB so just hit me up whenever.

------------

So with tournament mode coming out next week I think we should try to get a CAG tournament next Wednesday. Depending on how many people we have we might get multiple brackets going.

Start signing up![/QUOTE]

Good games to the usual crowd last night, and naiku, who joined us a little later.

I'm also pretty much up for BlazBlue any time. Anyone can send me a message if I'm online and I'll start it up.

And I'd like to participate in the tournament.

gg's to all. had a lot of fun playing. Next week I have an orientation i have to attend which should take up a majority of the day...hopefully I am back before its too late so I can meet/play more of you cags.

2/3 Sounds good if the mode only takes a few minutes to run its course. I dont think the wait between tournaments would be all that bad if u lose in the first round.

./signed up for tournament mode

Id like to join the CAG Fighting group, I've been playing this game like crazy. Probably my most played game on XBLive.

Do I send a FR to the group? will there be Tourney's?

[quote name='joe2187']Id like to join the CAG Fighting group, I've been playing this game like crazy. Probably my most played game on XBLive.

Do I send a FR to the group? will there be Tourney's?[/QUOTE]

Just send a FR to one (or both) of the names in the OP. The people controlling them will accept you, and you can view the bio of that group name at any time. If you view that bio, then select to view their friends, it will list all members of the respective CAG Fighter group.

[quote name='joe2187']Id like to join the CAG Fighting group, I've been playing this game like crazy. Probably my most played game on XBLive.

Do I send a FR to the group? will there be Tourney's?[/QUOTE]

Welcome! I've added you back. If you see people on the list playing Super send em an invite.

We've been getting together every Wednesday night at around 9:00PM EST & getting an endless session going. Next week we'll probably do a tournament mode session.

OK, so I guess everyone who wants to attend next week's tourney (6/16) post your gamertag. You can optionally put your main/alts. Just be sure you're on CAG Fighter IV to make it easier to find everyone. We'll try to kick off around 9PM EST. I'll keep updating this post with everyone attending.

----------
Tournament 6/16/10 Entrants

CAG Handle - Gamertag - Main - Alts

MtlTom - MtlTom - Balrog - T. Hawk, Gouken
GuardianE - GuardianE9999 - Ken - Juri
Matt Young - X Matt Young X - Ryu - Juri
shinryuu - Awwjayzin - Abel - The rest of the cast...
motorkill - DCB vs YOU - Rose - Vega
BackInBlack - TooLateForRoses - Ryu - ???
bs000 - bs000 - Ken - Rufus, Ibuki
elpolloesstupendo - WeavShow - Honda - T. Hawk
jonathanp - jposey2 - Cody - Sakura
joe2187 - joe2187 - Ibuki - Cammy
wjhard63 - Shinobi Hanzo - Cammy - Fei Long
lolwut? - Velikost - Dan - ???
Sinfulfate - Sinfulfate - T. Hawk - Balrog, Cammy, Guy
ZerotypeX - ZerotypeX - Rose - Ryu, Hakan
DjBigRuss - DjBigRuss - Blanka - Balrog, Bison, Guile

I would like to partake in next week tourney. I'll send a FR to you before the tourney.

My gamer tag is: DCB vs YOU

I main Rose and I sometimes use Vega.

[quote name='timesplitt']can we watch this tourney?[/QUOTE]

I believe the host has the option of saving all replays...but i dont believe there is a spectator option. Not sure if i will be home before 9pm EST so im gonna hold off on signing up.

I'm in! I haven't actually played with any of you guys, but I just got a stick (could only hold out for so long, even though I suck) and probably will soon. Gamertag is WeavShow. I main Honda. and occasionally T. Hawk.

Sign me up, even though I haven't played in weeks.

Gamertag: jposey2
Main: Cody
Alt: Sakura

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']I'm in! I haven't actually played with any of you guys, but I just got a stick (could only hold out for so long, even though I suck) and probably will soon. Gamertag is WeavShow. I main Honda. and occasionally T. Hawk.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably send you a fight request sometime tomorrow.

Roster is updated.

A few quick things that might be of interest for people in this thread:
- Marvel vs Capcom 2 is going to be on sale next week for 560 MS Points.
- I started up a thread about another little fighting game coming out this summer called BlazBlue: Continuum Shift.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']I'm in! I haven't actually played with any of you guys, but I just got a stick (could only hold out for so long, even though I suck) and probably will soon. Gamertag is WeavShow. I main Honda. and occasionally T. Hawk.[/QUOTE]

I saw you sent me a FR. Go ahead and send one to the CAG SCRUB CLUB or CAG SSFIV tag as well.

Can someone explain the blanka U1 50/50 ? its because u can come in high or stay low? or is it because the blanka ball can cross you up on wakeup from the drop down?

I seem to always screw it up and really dont know any blanka players...

edit- guess U1 is low, high, low....the 50/50 is on the cross up attempt on the high drop attack. Its pretty much a cointoss if blanka will drop to either side of u off a neutral throw.

Depends how close Blanka is when they do U1. His U1 is a gimmick, once you figure it out chances of them hitting you with it are very low. mk xx U1 is pretty hard to do, but hop crossover xx U1 is tricky. Remember that his Super can be anti-air but U1 is not. If they are using U1 from a neutral throw then it's 50/50 cross up, you can kinda see that they take their time to do U1 instead of the quick .

Good games MtlTom, Kraken, bs000, naiku, and GuardianE last Wednesday. That's was a long, but fun fight night.

I'm pre-registering for the registration of the tournament next Wed. My main is Cammy and my alt will be Pad(really, T.E. Stick)-Long.

Also, MtlTom, GuardianE and any other BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger players, expect fight requests soon! I want to get better before Continuum Shift...and I'd like to knock out some of my remaining online Calamity Trigger achievements as well.

We're up to 11 entrants, I might cap it off at 16 just to make brackets easier. I'm curious how/if the tournament mode handles byes or seeds if you have 6 people. We'll find out.....

[quote name='naiku']Can someone explain the blanka U1 50/50 ? its because u can come in high or stay low? or is it because the blanka ball can cross you up on wakeup from the drop down?

I seem to always screw it up and really dont know any blanka players...

edit- guess U1 is low, high, low....the 50/50 is on the cross up attempt on the high drop attack. Its pretty much a cointoss if blanka will drop to either side of u off a neutral throw.[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGilPUEkSIc&feature=related

I'd like to be in the tourney. I don't really have a main, just characters I like to play with. I do use Dan the most though, so I guess he'll be my main (if only just to be that guy).

I just checked, and I haven't played this game in 4 weeks. Where the hell did the time go? I wasn't any good to start with, so whoever my opponent is should have an easy time.

Looks like we need 4 more people to sign up. What we'll probably do is have 2 brackets of 8 going & have the winners face off in the grand finals. I'll run one & have someone else run the second (Guardian? Shinobi?)

Also, most importantly....

IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE TOURNAMENT BE SURE YOU HAVE THE TOURNAMENT MODE DLC DOWNLOADED BEFORE WEDNESDAY @ 9PM EST.

I'll probably switch over to the PS3 after my inevitable elimination since I'd like to participate in the CAG ModNation Racers night, but I will be trying to set up some more bouts in the days following that via the CAG FIGHTER IV tag.

SSF4 looks better on ps3. If you say otherwise, you fail at life. I have SSF4 on both platforms on a ISF calibrated Super Fine Pitch CRT Tube TV, basically the Bentley of TVs. If it looks worse to you, its your display and or setup.

[quote name='MtlTom']Looks like we need 4 more people to sign up. What we'll probably do is have 2 brackets of 8 going & have the winners face off in the grand finals. I'll run one & have someone else run the second (Guardian? Shinobi?)

Also, most importantly....

IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE TOURNAMENT BE SURE YOU HAVE THE TOURNAMENT MODE DLC DOWNLOADED BEFORE WEDNESDAY @ 9PM EST.[/QUOTE]

If there is room, please add me. I'll be a good punching bag for most of ya

GT: ZerotypeX
Main: Rose
Alt: Ryu, Hakkan

[quote name='blitz6speed']SSF4 looks better on ps3. If you say otherwise, you fail at life. I have SSF4 on both platforms on a ISF calibrated Super Fine Pitch CRT Tube TV, basically the Bentley of TVs. If it looks worse to you, its your display and or setup.[/QUOTE]

Good for you.

[quote name='GuardianE']I should be able to host if we need it. Do we know what time the DLC will be released? It's being released on wednesday, right?[/QUOTE]

DLC hits tomorrow (Tuesday, 6/14). The tournament mode does only support 4 or 8 players, nothing in between. Regardless it should still be a lot of fun!

Like Team Battle, Tournament mode is only fun when you play with friends, not so much when you just join a random one. =p It also has the same long waiting times (10-20 seconds.. I know, but by today's standards, it's long) between games for some reason.

bread's done
Back