"Surprise Sony Sequel" going to be announced on Gametrailers TV (Thursday)

Might be Killzone 3 or Infamous 2. PSTOM had something about KZ3 like 2 months ago. But I don't know if that would be considered a "surprise" at this point. But with the way Sony's been rolling since last E3, nothing's ever a surprise by the time they finally announce it.

I really hope that it is a revival of an old IP from PS2 or earlier. Infamous was great but we already know that 2 is coming.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Oooh If done right, that could be a hit all over again.[/QUOTE]

Its been a great hit on the PSP with Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow. I have faith it will do the same if brought to the PS3.

[quote name='Chronis']It's sad because it's true...

Anyway, trying to be different from Twisted Metal, I'd want a Legend of Dragoon, Ape Escape (in my dreams :roll:), or a Genji sequel announced. Ape Escape has always been a solid series and if they can market it properly, it can join LBP on selling PS3s to families. Legend of Dragoon would be a big shot in the arm for a largely dormant RPG market. Yes, one or two games is dormant, even if one is FF13. Or Genji simply because a good Genji game would look awesome and could generate ridiculous amounts of hype.[/QUOTE]

Legend of Dragoon kicked ass. Played that one after Chrono Cross and FF 8, and found it very likable/enjoyable. Not as good as either of the former, but still very solid. Then again, I hardly ever use my PS3, especially after they fucked with me and my CC.

I like surprises, but often I get my hopes up and the announcement lets them down.

Here's a bunch of possibilities, many of which were probably mentioned already:

Twisted Metal
Infamous 2
Killzone 3
Resistance 3
LittleBigPlanet 2
Demon's Souls 2
Motorstorm 3
Dark Cloud 3
SOCOM 4
The Getaway
Sly Cooper 4

many of those are already confirmed, or at least as good as confirmed, so they wouldn't really be a surprise.

[quote name='blissskr']My guess is Demon's Souls 2[/QUOTE]

this would be way too amazing, but I doubt it since FROM is releasing 3D dot game heroes in May

[quote name='kurrptsenate']this would be way too amazing, but I doubt it since FROM is releasing 3D dot game heroes in May[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. That would be a suprise for sure.

hoping for sly here personally.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Let's see, other left field candidates might be:
MediEvil (remade for PSP and original PS1 game is on PSN)
Dark Cloud[/QUOTE]

Dark Cloud 3

[quote name='kurrptsenate']this would be way too amazing, but I doubt it since FROM is releasing 3D dot game heroes in May[/QUOTE]
As well as Armored Core 5 in December for JP, plus localization for other countries later on. I wouldn't expect Demon's Souls 2 this year or Q1-Q2 2011. Surprises are more than welcome though.

I will root for either Infamous 2 or Twisted Metal PS3. Knowing that poor Crash is owned by Activision. :cry:

[quote name='FroMann']I will root for either Infamous 2 or Twisted Metal PS3. Knowing that poor Crash is owned by Activision. :cry:[/QUOTE]

At least Sony learned their lesson and buys the series rights now...

I am personally hoping it is a Wild Arms, Dark Cloud, Jak, or Legend of Dragoon sequel. But how about Shadow of the Colossus? I never had a chance to play the first one, so would be interested in seeing what all the hype was about.

[quote name='diddy310']I'd be in for a new Syphon Filter, Jet Moto, or Twisted Metal.[/QUOTE]
Jet Moto would be a very big surprise.

I'm going to say LittleBigPlanet 2, that'd be a surprise. But MM said they don't want to make a sequel.

Other guesses : Rub a Dub 2?

inFAMOUS and Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 all had endings that were either cliffhangers or lead to a sequel, so none of those are surprises.

Uncharted 3 may be too soon to announce. WAY too soon.

I'm gonna put my money on Warhawk 2/Starhawk. You don't advertise a 15 dollar sale for it out of the blue if you weren't looking to make some last minute sales before the sequel is announced.

Edit: Motorstorm 3?

I'd actually be psyched for another:

- Colony Wars
- Mark of Kri
- Intelligent Qube
- Patapon
- Hot Shots Golf
- Half-Minute Hero

My guess:
1. inFamous 2
2. Resistance 3
3. Ratchet and Clank: Something
4. Motorstorm 3

My top 4 guesses.

[quote name='Vinny']What could be a surprise? Stuff like Killzone 3, Infamous 2, Motorstorm 3, etc. all seem too expected to be called a surprise.:whistle2:k

I think Twisted Metal seems like the most logical choice... and David Jaffe has been quiet for a while.

Ideally, I'd love a FFVI Remake (yes, VI, not VII though that would be cool too)... or Kingdom Hearts III.[/QUOTE]

Have you just started watching the industry? Killzone 3, inFamous 2 and Motorstorm 3 have not been revealed yet... they can still be "surprises" by GTTV standards. It wont be anything HUGE un expected or they would be hyping this WAYYYYYY more than they are. It's going to be something we all know is coming and it's just going to be nice to see a trailer. That's it.

And no not Twisted Metal.

[quote name='leeloo1977']I am personally hoping it is a Wild Arms, Dark Cloud, Jak, or Legend of Dragoon sequel. But how about Shadow of the Colossus? I never had a chance to play the first one, so would be interested in seeing what all the hype was about.[/QUOTE]
The sequel to Shadow of the Colossus is called The Last Guardian.

[quote name='JMEPO']I really hope it's Warhawk 2; loved that game. Resistance 3 would be awesome too.[/QUOTE]

So then 'Starhawk'...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']

Have you just started watching the industry? Killzone 3, inFamous 2 and Motorstorm 3 have not been revealed yet... they can still be "surprises" by GTTV standards. It wont be anything HUGE un expected or they would be hyping this WAYYYYYY more than they are. It's going to be something we all know is coming and it's just going to be nice to see a trailer. That's it.

And no not Twisted Metal.[/QUOTE]

Geez... relax.:roll: Yeah, they haven't been announced but it's not like everyone isn't expecting those sequels. Yes, they could still be the "surprise", I'm not denying that. I was just making guesses that they weren't. Is that ok with you?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The sequel to Shadow of the Colossus is called The Last Guardian.[/QUOTE]

I thought The Last Guardian was a sequel to ICO? Or was the Shadow of the Colossus considered a sequel to ICO?

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']Am I the only one who wants Monster rancher 6?[/QUOTE]

No. I LOVED those games back on the PS1.

[quote name='SynGamer']So then 'Starhawk'...[/QUOTE]
Yep, that's what it will be. They really need to stop hyping up these announcements, because everyone ends up being disappointed in the end. I've yet to be blown away by any of these surprise announcements for the PS3.

[quote name='SynGamer']No. I LOVED those games back on the PS1.[/QUOTE]

Monster Rancher games were amazing. I just don't see it working anymore. With how everything is geared with wireless and being able to turn on you're system with controllers now I think people are just to lazy to get up and swap discs all day for different monsters.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Monster Rancher games were amazing. I just don't see it working anymore. With how everything is geared with wireless and being able to turn on you're system with controllers now I think people are just to lazy to get up and swap discs all day for different monsters.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking about that and instead of disc swapping, they could include a barcode scanner instead. Just leave the barcode scanner near by and you can scan your movies/music/games much easier than swapping discs. I see at least 20 games and movies sitting on my entertainment center...I could easily spare a couple of minutes to scan those in to play that type of game.

If they are announcing it on gametrailers it certainly won't be anything huge, otherwise they would ave it for one of the big shows during the spring/summer.

But anyway, my guess is Killzone 3.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']If they are announcing it on gametrailers it certainly won't be anything huge, otherwise they would ave it for one of the big shows during the spring/summer.

But anyway, my guess is Killzone 3.[/QUOTE]
*yawn*

bread's done
Back