Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

Singles - 5/5 - First time ever seeing this movie. What a great chemistry shown throughout the film. What a great soundtrack too. Nice to see Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden.

15 Minutes
Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers
Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland
Sleepaway Camp IV: The Survivor
(unfinished footage)

Quality was pretty low all around.

[quote name='Malik112099']The Other Guys - way better than I thought it would be.[/QUOTE]well that's surprising.. but I guess if Grown-Ups can be way better than I thought maybe "The Other Guys" can be as well.

[quote name='Wolfkin']well that's surprising.. but I guess if Grown-Ups can be way better than I thought maybe "The Other Guys" can be as well.[/QUOTE]

The Other Guys is far and away a better movie than Grown Ups.

[quote name='Malik112099']The Other Guys is far and away a better movie than Grown Ups.[/QUOTE]ok... but what did you think of Grown Ups just by itself. Good movie or bad? I need to guage your tastes here a second.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I should make another thread just for it, but is anyone else getting the new imdb redesign? anyway to revert back to the old design. The new design is alright - they could have done much worse - but it's a real shocker and seems sort of unnecessary.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I don't think I should make another thread just for it, but is anyone else getting the new imdb redesign? anyway to revert back to the old design. The new design is alright - they could have done much worse - but it's a real shocker and seems sort of unnecessary.[/QUOTE]

I don't like it. It reminds me of the phone app. The phone app design is fine because it's just that. An app. For a phone. I don't like it on my normal computer.

[quote name='chimpster1313']I don't like it. It reminds me of the phone app. The phone app design is fine because it's just that. An app. For a phone. I don't like it on my normal computer.[/QUOTE]

It just feels weird and tacked on really. Anyone know a way to revert to the old way? That was perfection...like a wiki, but for a movie.

Grown Ups was pretty lame as a standalone movie. A few chuckles here and there and Salma Hayek's tits are the only things that really kept me watching.

ah see now I have to adjust b/c Grown Ups was hilarious.
more importantly it was restrained. they made fat jokes but it wasn't ALL fat jokes (Paul Blart). Rob was gross sure but he wasn't in your face gross the entire way thru (Deuce Bigalow). Rather than amplifying each other putting the five of them together tended to dilute them so they were funny without trying so hard.

Anyway not trying to convince you Grown Ups was funny but now I sorta know where to expect Other Guys to fall.

Knight and Day - the action was better than the comedy but that isn't saying much. As usual duckface (diaz) annoyed the shit out of me through most of the movie. I also disliked the escape from impossible situations masked with semi conscious flashes from a drugged individual. Lame.

Timestalkers... James Avery and John Ratzenberger and Devane?! Man that was a weird TV movie. Stupid channel couldn't even get Back to the Future despite it being a time travel marathon.

[quote name='Wolfkin']dude that looked terrible from the trailer. Why do it to yourself? lol.[/QUOTE]

The concept sounds boring as it is. I'd be interested to see the execution, however.

Another similar film that's coming out soon is Buried with Ryan Reynolds where he's in a coffin for most of the film. I just want to see how they are going to keep the audience's attention, plus this one's actually supposed to be good.

[quote name='Wolfkin']was that the one with the people stuck on a ski lift OVER THE WEEKEND?[/QUOTE]

Dude, I HAVE to Netflix that now. I love that goofy kind of pseudo-horror shit. Like Open Water 2 or Triangle.

Watched a lot of crap this past week, just been saving up the reviews. Still working on La Dolce Vita, only 90 minutes in. Cannot sit for 178minutes watching a foreign film, no matter how good it is.

The Super Inframan - 3/5
There was a time when I loved watching Power Rangers....sadly after all these years I still love watching Power Rangers. Earth is under attack by demons that were hidden under Mount Devil. These demons are under control by the Princess Dragon Mom. Earth's only hope is to have our top professor to create is lifes work, Super Inframan. Pretty much a single power ranger with sparklers on his boots to destroy men dressed in monster costumes. I watched the English Dubbed version which was very entertaining. Action is corny and very much like the great Power Rangers that I grew up with. The story isn't going to win any awards but the different demons that Super Inframan & the nostalgia factor that the movie has makes it worth a view.

Up in the Air - 3/5
Pretty interesting movie. I liked the current topics discussed in the movie and how firing effected young Anna Kendrick but overall it didn't wow me. The story line between George Clooney and Vera Farmiga was a bit predictable. I didn't get the deep character study that some other people found in the film. Its too bad, I wanted to like this one a lot.

Razorback - 2/5
Australian outback has a big problem, a giant razorback is on the loose running through their homes, stealing their babies. Okay I made it seem awesome but Razorback is not. The australian accents are really difficult to understand over the bad mixing. I have seen Rouge & Wolf Creek without an issue so my guess its really just a problem with the mixing. The movie starts off pretty good since you get a few attacks by the razorback but it very much drags itself slowly to the end where you get a not so climatic battle between man and hog. Meh.

Frozen - 3/5 - Three friends get caught on a ski lift with no hope of being rescued. Frozen became a movie with no surprises due to a trailer that revealed I thought too much. With that being said, the movie is alright. There is some really good makeup. Parker goes from a pretty attractive to a nasty frostbitten chick. There were some pretty dumb plot moments like
the idea of a cylindrical metal cord to be 'sharp' or extremely aggressive wolves that attacked Lynch.
I found those to be a bit far fetched. I found the conversations between the characters to be well done, one thing I thought that was lacking in Hatchet. Adam Greene definitely showed a lot of improvement, but lets be honest waiting for people to freeze to death isn't as exciting as Victor Crowley chopping up college kids in a swamp near New Orleans.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Not bad, but not amazing. The only way to describe it is "Big budget summer movie". It was made just to be entertaining, nothing more.

Wall Street - Very good, I was thoroughly interested the entire time.

Full Metal Jacket - Great, funny movie, finally a Kubrick movie that I enjoyed and that wasn't weird as hell.

[quote name='tcrash247']

Full Metal Jacket - Great, funny movie, finally a Kubrick movie that I enjoyed and that wasn't weird as hell.[/QUOTE]

Check out The Killing if you haven't already, it's pretty 'normal'.

[quote name='tcrash247']
Full Metal Jacket - Great, funny movie, finally a Kubrick movie that I enjoyed and that wasn't weird as hell.[/QUOTE]

Only one of his I liked was Eyes Wide Shut and it required 2-3 viewings before I could appreciate it. The Shining was good too I guess. Otherwise I think the guy is enormously overatted.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Only one of his I liked was Eyes Wide Shut and it required 2-3 viewings before I could appreciate it. The Shining was good too I guess. Otherwise I think the guy is enormously overatted.[/QUOTE]

I thought I was going to take some shit speaking ill of Kubrick. After A Clockwork Orange was over I said to myself "What in the hell did I just watch?" I didn't even like The Shining, it was too strange. I've been tempted to watch 2001 but I've heard that's like a bad acid trip. Maybe I'll check out The Killing and Eyes Wide Shut. But so far, I agree with you, he's overrated.

Splice - not terrible. Found myself at the end wondering why Dren was doing what it was doing. The last few minutes were super predictable due to what just happened.

Mum and Dad - It was a "horror" movie about this ****ed up couple that kidnaps kids and raises them as their own. Problem is that they dismember people, beat the kids for any small infraction and just in general do fucked up stuff. Pretty decent movie even if it was more disturbing then scary.

61*

Film about baseball home run single season record race of Maris vs Mantle, focusing most on Maris. Missing the beginning, still thoroughly enjoyed the film though. Based on what I saw 4 out of 5 stars.

+ good character development between Mantle and Maris, entertaining view of the media covering the spectacle, in depth look at what really went on.

- rest of team largely ignored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1po8PgfJU_Q

Repo! The Genetic Opera - 3/5 - Very weird, but intriguing musical movie.

+ Gore was handled rather well and didn't overwhelm
+ Anthony Steward Head (Giles from Buffy) was perfect in his role. The guy has a great voice.
+Alexa Vega is so damned attractive. Great atmosphere in the movie, too.
-Paris Hilton. Enough said there.
- Some of the people just cannot sing and it just comes off as awkward rather than entertaining.

Battle Royale (Batoru Rowaiaru).

Film about Japanese kids killing each other on a deserted island.. What's not to like? (Apart from the subtitles |: )

[quote name='Phelmo']Battle Royale (Batoru Rowaiaru).

Film about Japanese kids killing each other on a deserted island.. What's not to like? (Apart from the subtitles |: )[/QUOTE]

You disappoint.

A Fish Called Wanda. Wow, I never realized what I was missing. Spectacular! 8.5/10

bread's done
Back