Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

[quote name='whoknows']Your description makes me want to give 3 a shot. I absolutely hated the first two.[/QUOTE]

It's been described to me as being equal parts PA1 and PA2... with a wreck of an ending added on.

The Warrior. Pretty entertaining, a little slow but never got too bored. Nick Nolty was pretty amazing. Really didn't like the ending, but I did like the way they set up the final fight. No clear good guy/bad guy.

[quote name='Mr. Wrestlemania']It's been described to me as being equal parts PA1 and PA2... with a wreck of an ending added on.[/QUOTE]

the ending makes the blair witch 2 ending look brilliant.its very bad.

Warrior- I usually don't like sports movies, but I really enjoyed it.
American Beauty- Really well done, one of my new favorite movies.
Blade Runner- Still holds up well
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans- Liked the odd sense of humor throughout and Nic cage was awesome.

[quote name='moon_knight']Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans- Liked the odd sense of humor throughout and Nic cage was awesome.[/QUOTE]

"Shoot him again! His soul's still dancing!"

[quote name='lorne']Rise of the Planet of the Apes definitely didn't suck. 10/10[/QUOTE]

Same here. I just recently rented it and thought it'd be lackluster, but surprisingly enjoyed it.

[quote name='lorne']Rise of the Planet of the Apes definitely didn't suck. 10/10[/QUOTE]

This was by far the most surprising movie I saw in the theater all summer. I thought it would be crap and left the theater thinking it was arguably the best movie I saw all summer.

Recently saw the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in the theater. I liked it quite a bit and I hope the sequels get made. Though Daniel Craig being the only one in the movie with a Swedish accent was pretty stupid and
jesus christ that rape scene was brutal. I couldn't watch it and I saw lots of old people in the theater freak out over it. We all knew it was coming but to actually see it was messed up.

Planning on seeing the new Underworld on Friday, yeah I know it won't be great but I have enjoyed all the other ones.

Same here. Way better than what I expected. I highly recommend it to any fans of the original series or anyone who enjoys sci-fi flicks.

Also, finally got around to watching Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy this past Friday and loved it. Tons of style and a really well done spy movie. I would highly recommend reading the book first but it can still be enjoyed without doing so.

Tinker Tailor Solider Spy and The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo make for suitable bedfellows if you're ever arranging a double feature.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was the best film of the summer in my opinion. It was far from being the best film of the year as September to December was stacked with so many good to great films. If they cut out all the human stuff, it would have been MUCH better.

[quote name='Mr. Wrestlemania']Tinker Tailor Solider Spy and The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo make for suitable bedfellows if you're ever arranging a double feature.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was the best film of the summer in my opinion. It was far from being the best film of the year as September to December was stacked with so many good to great films. If they cut out all the human stuff, it would have been MUCH better.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

which one first? I think TTSS would be a bit slow after dragon ass rape but then again maybe you'd need something calm after that...

Being There
Yeah, Peter Sellers was one of the best actors ever and Shirley McLaine is actually likeable for once in this role. A brief "Basketball Jones" cameo makes it that much better!

Galapagos: The Islands That Changed The World
If you have Blu-Ray and a really nice TV this is an eyegasm from hell. So many super cool critters and an awesome underwater bit that had my dogs flipping out at the TV. It's the same camera crew as BBC's Planet Earth and Tilda Swinton does a lovely voice over. Thankfully a lack of animal violence, only a couple of times will you need to close your eyes if you're squeamish.

[quote name='nasum']which one first? I think TTSS would be a bit slow after dragon ass rape but then again maybe you'd need something calm after that...[/QUOTE]

I think "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" should play first. "Dragon Tatoo" has an open ending and it would play better if people had some time to think about it afterwards.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']No Country For Old Men

9/10

I am still wondering if Bell knew Churgin was on the other side of the door...[/QUOTE]

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who didn't like that movie.

[quote name='whoknows']I feel like I'm the only person in the world who didn't like that movie.[/QUOTE]

I'm right here with you. I personally thought it was stupid.

[quote name='Mr. Wrestlemania']I'm right here with you. I personally thought it was stupid.[/QUOTE]

Same. Boring as hell. Took 3 attempts before getting through it without falling asleep and it wasn't even worth it.

[quote name='blindinglights']Same. Boring as hell. Took 3 attempts before getting through it without falling asleep and it wasn't even worth it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr. Wrestlemania']I'm right here with you. I personally thought it was stupid.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']I feel like I'm the only person in the world who didn't like that movie.[/QUOTE]
You are all bad people.

I didn't like Planet of the Apes as much as I thought I would. The CGI in the first half of the movie was almost comically unrealistic. And the ending seemed to be more about leaving open the option for a "prequel sequel" than having enough closure where the original PotA movie could easily be tied to it. They should have been more blunt about the vaguely explored "reason" for how it became a planet of apes
basically almost every human dying of a virus, not an actual ape coup. They had the whole microscopic subplot about Chucky Heston's ship being lost in space, but that was it.

A decent movie, but kinda dropped the ball.

Unforgiven. Hard to believe this year will be it's 20th anniversary. Still one of my favorite westerns, if not my favorite.

As for No Country for Old Men. I love it as well. But it's definitely a polarizing movie. People seem to either love it or hate it, with little middle ground.

Fright Night remake! A good movie, but I couldn't get in to it. Go major spoiler on the back of the case, too.

Bourne Trilogy! Scratched a hell of an itch. About fucking time I watched them.
[quote name='dmaul1114']As for No Country for Old Men. I love it as well. But it's definitely a polarizing movie. People seem to either love it or hate it, with little middle ground.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I'm totally middle ground on that movie.

War Horse - 1/10
If Disney made a WWI movie, this would be it.

Never heard anyone hate NCFOM before. One of the few classics released in years.

[quote name='Mr. Wrestlemania']Anyone else here see A Separation? It won best foreign film at the Golden Globes the other day. It's quite nice.[/QUOTE]

Really want to see it, but not playing in my city (or perhaps already came and went) so I'll have to wait for Netflix.

Last edited by a moderator:
while not a movie I started watching the Britt Sitcom Pulling on netflix last night and it's utterly hilarious in that very uncomfortable way.

Hachiko 2009 with richard gere. Holy shit this movie was sad as hell. I love animals so this really touched me. Not sure how good it'd be if you didn't like animals but I liked this film a lot. Probably won't watch it again though. Too sad.

[quote name='Mr. Wrestlemania']Anyone else here see A Separation? It won best foreign film at the Golden Globes the other day. It's quite nice.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen it but a couple of my coworkers did and they loved it.

Moneyball - Awesome movie. Had a pretty solid background on Beane and his ideas and concepts, but I really liked Pitt's portrayal of him and Hollywood's ability to turn it all into a movie.

Hangover 2 - Sucked. Wasn't funny and was predictable and boring. Stu's "devil" speech at the end was pathetic and lame. This movie never should have been made.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Unforgiven. Hard to believe this year will be it's 20th anniversary. Still one of my favorite westerns, if not my favorite.

As for No Country for Old Men. I love it as well. But it's definitely a polarizing movie. People seem to either love it or hate it, with little middle ground.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a testament of the Cohen Brothers. People either love or hate their movies.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I think it's a testament of the Cohen Brothers. People either love or hate their movies.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I love most of their movies. But there are some I don't care for at all like A Serious Man.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Finally saw Spinal Tap and Waiting for Guffman. Both movies are full of great moments. I'm also a huge Parker Posey fan.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen Henry Foole and Faye Grimm? If not, watch Henry 1st since Faye is a sequel of sorts, but both are mighty good. I laughed harder during Henry Foole than I have at any movie in ages. Oddly, it's not supposed to be very funny.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I didn't like Planet of the Apes as much as I thought I would. The CGI in the first half of the movie was almost comically unrealistic. And the ending seemed to be more about leaving open the option for a "prequel sequel" than having enough closure where the original PotA movie could easily be tied to it. They should have been more blunt about the vaguely explored "reason" for how it became a planet of apes
basically almost every human dying of a virus, not an actual ape coup. They had the whole microscopic subplot about Chucky Heston's ship being lost in space, but that was it.

A decent movie, but kinda dropped the ball.[/QUOTE]

I agree totally. I admit the french novel and the original movie are VERY dear to my heart. The first apes movie is pitch perfect high concept sci fi. At this point the prequel has rebooted to the point that the source material is no longer recognizable. Star Trek by Abrams was in character. Xmen 1st Class was 50/50 for me. Rise was all wrong and only Duncan Jones could reel me in @ this point.

Straw Dogs - Had mildly low expectations, but it turned out to be very enjoyable. A little slow off the bat, but it made me anticipate the ending that much more.

The Artist - Pretty enjoyable, but in no way the Best Picture. I'm talking to you, Oscar voters. Fun + foreign does not equal "memorable to a generation of moviegoers." The ending is cute.

Haywire - Bad script, good action, great cameos. All in all, wait for Blu-Ray, nothing so spectacular that you need to see it on the big screen. And if you're wondering, the girl does *not* get in a bikini, lingerie, naked, or otherwise unclothed. I don't get why Soderbergh is obsessed with non-actors in lead roles... Contagion was much more effective.

rush hour 3 was a total cash whore film hardest film to watch next to the transformers flicks. theres nothing worse than watching a film and seeing in the characters that they could care less about being in it. on top of that i recall jackie chan saying how much he hated doing those films its gotta suck that his most popular series always have him playing second fiddle to an american.

[quote name='gbpackers94']The Bicycle Theif- that dude is a terrible father lol.[/QUOTE]

What did he do? Steal his kid's bike?

bread's done
Back