Take JolietJake with you, OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JolietJake']Acer? Get an Asus, man.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the Asus 80jt which should come out at the end of the year. Right now I want a cheap acer. 11.6" for $450. But nobody carries it anymore it seems. Which stinks.

[quote name='JolietJake']Seriously, bring any friends you have here. The more the merrier.[/QUOTE]

Lol alright. I've been telling my main buddy about this because he's the only one that would really appreciate it. He's been working his balls off but I'll get him sooner or later.

Admiral Ackbar, have you tried usanotebook.com ? It's gotten good reviews from what I've seen, and they're refurbed so they're being sold wholesale. I've got one up right now with a pricetag of $270 (Acer.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I'm waiting for the Asus 80jt which should come out at the end of the year. Right now I want a cheap acer. 11.6" for $450. But nobody carries it anymore it seems. Which stinks.[/QUOTE]

Which Acer model are you looking for Ackbar?

Oh em gee!!

there've been rumors swirling around about a sequel to capcom's superhero-flavored fighter marvel vs capcom 2 pretty much since the game arrived 10 years ago. And given capcom's recent success with a street fighter revival -- not to mention the sales rampage of mvc2 on xbla and psn -- the sequel rumormill has once again begun turning furiously. This week's press-only captivate event in hawaii, held yearly by the japanese publisher, is said to have showcased just such a sequel in marvel vs capcom 3 for xbox 360 and playstation 3, claims planetxbox360. At the same event, a sequel to bionic commando: Rearmed is alleged to have been announced, though no details are given.

According to the report, mvc3 will receive a retail release and will run in "full 1080p." allegedly, while the full character list is unknown, some have been confirmed. "wolverine, spider-man, the hulk, magneto, storm, and a few others will be back; but the team behind mvc3 have said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes," the piece claims. Rather than sticking with 2d graphics of mvc2, the rumored sequel is said to mix street fighter iv's graphical style with the last marvel vs capcom game's 2d style. The piece finally claims we'll hear more about the title next week and it'll even be playable at e3 in june. When we reached out to capcom for comment, we were told, "we don't comment on speculation and rumors."

[quote name='Demolition Man']Which Acer model are you looking for Ackbar?[/QUOTE]

I'm looking at the 1410.

They run between $400-$450.

There are other 13 and 11 inch models available but they run about $600. For that price, I might as well get a regular 14 or 15 inch notebook.

Then, most netbooks are around $300, but for about a hundred more I can get this acer that comes with a dual core processor and windows 7 home. Weights 3 pounds. 11.6 inch screen. 160 or 250 GB hard drives. 2GB ran standard. So it's worth to spend the extra hundred. The way I see it, this netbook is at the sweet spot of price and performance.

A week ago they had the 250gig version at Newegg for $450. I was seriously thinking about it, but they sold out. Now nobody seems to carry it.

Buit this would probably do what I need. it's gotten great review, has good batery life, had a dual core procesor, a nearly full sized keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaseyRyback']You are tempting me to turn every day into April Fools.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't aware it was against the rules to invite people to join the forum.:mrgreen:

I'm going to see the cards play the phils in two weeks. Dollar Dog Night.

One thing I hate about the new Dr. Who is that he's become an intergalactic sexual predator.

If not for Chase Utley I would hate the Phillies more than I hate the Cardinals/Cubs/Tigers/Red Sox.

You got to admit that the Scottish girl is cute. Also Billie Piper was nice also.

[quote name='flowery']If not for Chase Utley I would hate the Phillies more than I hate the Cardinals/Cubs/Tigers/Red Sox.

You got to admit that the Scottish girl is cute. Also Billie Piper was nice also.[/QUOTE]

I hate the whole romace storyline to the dr. It makes him soooo creepy. But they add it to drawe women viewers and raise ratings.

There are a few storyline and character choices I really hate with the new series. But I understand why they do it.

And how can you hate the phillies? they're one of the classiest teams in the league.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I hate the whole romace storyline to the dr. It makes him soooo creepy. But they add it to drawe women viewers and raise ratings.

There are a few storyline and character choices I really hate with the new series. But I understand why they do it.

And how can you hate the phillies? they're one of the classiest teams in the league. [/QUOTE]

Agreed completely. I figured I have invested this much into watching the show I will stick it out for the occasional cool bits. If it gets to annoying I will cut bait.

You made me giggle at that Phillies comment. Utley is the best player on the team and nobody gives a shit about him.

~~~

This dude isn't even really trying hard to punch the other dude in this MMA fight on CBS.

[quote name='flowery']Agreed completely. I figured I have invested this much into watching the show I will stick it out for the occasional cool bits. If it gets to annoying I will cut bait.

You made me giggle at that Phillies comment. Utley is the best player on the team and nobody gives a shit about him.

~~~

This dude isn't even really trying hard to punch the other dude in this MMA fight on CBS.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's not true. In philly he's aces. They just have so many great players. Also, he;'s very quiet. Rarely does interviews or talks with the media. Hiw wife has done more media apperances on TV than him.

I've noticed they've made Smith's Doctor a lot more aggressive, almost kind of violent in a way. Tonight's episode had him really lashing out.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I'm going to see the cards play the phils in two weeks. Dollar Dog Night.

One thing I hate about the new Dr. Who is that he's become an intergalactic sexual predator.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there on May 17th for dollar dog night :drool:

The Empire Strikes Back was awesome, because George Lucas had no part in the direction or screenplay.

Did you know David Lynch was asked to direct Return of the Jedi? I bet that would have been absolutely incredible.

The unhelmeting scene? That, too, was the first scene I thought of when I was imaging the Lynch rendition.

[quote name='seanr1221']You and the family? Where are your seats? We just got standing room.[/QUOTE]

Me and Number84, with a bunch of my friends I grew up with. Left field, just outside of the obstructed view from the foul pole. Section 241

[quote name='seanr1221']I'll be there on May 17th for dollar dog night :drool:[/QUOTE]

But you have to watch the pirates. I call that a wash.

Some people on ebay are stupid. Why the fuck would you get in a bidding war 24 hours before the item ends. I can understand a few hours, but you should wait as long as possible to keep the price low.

Star Wars is coming to :br:?

Who gives a fuck?

It's not like that bearded $$$$$$ is going to give us the theatrical cuts of the good ones. :roll:

And having to buy the shitacular prequels? That's worse than having to buy Matrix 2&3 just to get the Matrix. :whistle2:|

The Twins have Dollar Dog night for every Monday game.

Is it a big deal in Philly?

I'm going to refilm the prequels in my dreams, take out all the stupid, and release it on VHS in a boxset.

The Ultimate Trilogy. The Totally Not Melodramatic Menace, Attack of the Fanboys, and Revenge of the Jar-Jar Deathsquad.

If you took out all of the stupid, you'd be left with absolutely nothing.

I figured out why I can't find that notebook. It's discontinued to be replaced by the Aspire One 752. It's basically the same thing but the hard drives run fro, 250 to 500 gigs and it'll probably be more expensive.

I might be able to get my hands on a used one for about $350. Only has a 160 GB hard drive but I think I can manage and I'd rather save money then shell out an extra $100-$150 just for a larger hard drive.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I figured out why I can't find that notebook. It's discontinued to be replaced by the Aspire One 752. It's basically the same thing but the hard drives run fro, 250 to 500 gigs and it'll probably be more expensive.

I might be able to get my hands on a used one for about $350. Only has a 160 GB hard drive but I think I can manage and I'd rather save money then shell out an extra $100-$150 just for a larger hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Don't know if this is something you are looking for or you already saw it but www.woot.com has a refurb Acer Netbook for $279.99

New. ;)

P1000373.jpg

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I want to shoot your guns[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'd let you. Wouldn't it just be easier to stay in Texas and shoot some? I mean, you guys probably own the majority of guns in the country.

[quote name='TheCapn010']Let's play tag. TOE TAG.
vito.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Phail.

omg you quoted me before i changed the picture to smaller so srry
I thought it'd be easier to find a picture that captured the essence of a whacky Seagal quote, but I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back