Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

Awesome find on Earthbound!

Oh -- I found Powerstone 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica all in amazing condition, complete, for Dreamcast, each about $2 each, in addition to some minor games and 24 Season 1 for $5.

My friend found a better deal on Earthbound than that. How about complete in box for 2 dollars at a garage sale. Still a good find though.

I found a copy of Tomb Raider for the PS1 for $40.

I bought it of course. It was scratched, but at that priced it was a must buy...even if it was disc only.

today I got:

Gears of War-$15 (2nd time I found one for this much)
Actraisers 2-$2
F-Zero-$2
Dark Alliance 2-$5

GoW is missing the manual, but I can get $30 for it as GS towards my Rock Band pre-order, so idc. Can anyone tell me anyhting about Actraisers? Is it any good or rare?

I bought X-Men vs. Street Fighter (complete) for the ps1 at my local pawn shop for $4. I also bought Donkey Kong 64 (cart only) for $3, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (complete) for the xbox for $4 and Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams (complete) for the xbox.

Here is my score at a local pawn shop. YOu can still se the price stickers on them 4.99 and 5.99. Marvel did noit have the manual but the disk is perfect and metal gear is complete with very light marks.

picture001vg1.jpg

LOL Yukine, then you're gonna want a train to roll back and forth over ME because I can find at least 2 copies of Substance for $9.99 or so each, as well as at LEAST 2 copies of Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2 for about the same.

Mind you, I'm not an Ebayer and the MGS games don't hold my interest, so they're still sitting at the pawn shop(s) I've seen them at around here.

at least 2 of the gamestop here Substance for $25, which is around the ebay price. It is not that hard to find.

But, I believe the Doc Of MGS is, isn't it? I find it funny, since when I had copies of Beatmania from the BB clearance, the pawn shop only offered me $7 each for them, based on Ebay selling prices. Yet, I know DOMGS goes for more than $10 routinely, yet I've seen it multiple times for $10 or UNDER.

[quote name='yukine']Hey fait74, don't take this the wrong way but I hope you get hit by a truck.

I want Substance, damnit. :D[/quote]
Out of the two, want to complain about Substance first? Really?

Seems like more money would be made on MVC2 than MGS2 Substance. Especially at how much Gamestop rapes customers on the price of MVC2(hell, it's the same price as a used Xbox console there).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yet, I know DOMGS goes for more than $10 routinely, yet I've seen it multiple times for $10 or UNDER.[/quote]
I still kick myself for not grabbing the 2 copies I saw of those at Game Crazy last year for $5 used each after looking up the prices it goes for.

Went to another pawn shop in the area I haven't been to for awhile. Still has overpriced 4 year old sports games. But decent prices for some games.

Spotted a Morrowind: GOTY edition for $10, passed since it was a PH version. But grabbed a complete Army Men 3D in excellent condition for $2. Hey, it might not be the best deal but it's decent game compared to other games in the series.

Decent Pawn shop finds in Orlando
Zelda Special Edition (Gamecube) Complete - $8
Chrono Cross Black Label Complete - $2 (trading Fodder)
Twisted Metal 2, Black Label, Complete - $1 (Trading Fodder)
Family Guy Season 3 - $8
God of War 2 (Case a little rough) Complete - $5

And at a garage sale
Atari 2600 w/pacman, Missile Command, Diamonds to Demons, 1 other game, 2 paddles, 2 joysticks (1 new in packaging) wood finish - $15

and at a flea market
Wario World cart only Virtual Boy - $5
Mario Clash! Complete Virtual Boy - $5

Today I found the following for a cool $3 total:

Dino Crisis (complete with RE3 Demo)
Geom Cube (with case)

They were in some obscure, out of the way thrift shop I'd never been to before.

After not even trying for months, I decided to drop in on some pawn shops today for some deals... I know which ones I will avoid from now on as I was a little out of place in them

The best one had a ton of clearace games for 1.50 apiece I got them to hold Bloody Roar 3, Fusion Frenzy, Killzone, and Ace Combat 4, had to get them to hold them as their machine was not working and couldnt take CC's (I never carry cash... comes in handy because I always seem to attract the vagrants, and travelers who are out of gas, I tell them I dont carry cash and they stop bothering me) They also had a few BR movies although Devil Wears Prada would be the only one Id be interested in (for my wife)

Another one Ive bought alot from in the past has Sopranos S1 for 10 bucks and the first 3 seasons of Charmed for 20... might snag those to sell on Amazon

I just got a DS and two games for 27 bucks. I went to a local pawn shop to see if they had any dvd sets in because they sell seasons for 10 a piece. Which I also got Desperate Housewifes season 1 and 2. I've never watched the show but anyways onto my story.

I was checking out the dvds and a lady came in and asked how much they'd buy it for and he said 15 for it all. I heard what was going on and said I'd give her 25 for it. She tried to haggle with me for 40. I show her all I had was 50 and I had to buy two dvds for 20 and I'd give her what was left out of it. She agreed. The games were Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories and Metal Gear Acid.. for PSP. I think she was a crackhead probably selling her son's games or someone elses. Oh well at least they went to a good home. Its an old ds plus nothing but the system and the stylus so gotta go purchase a charger I guess.
Oh then she tried to get a ride from me when I was leaving so I'm pretty sure she was a crackhead.

Shenmue for $4.50
Yoshi Safari $3.50
Super Mario World $3.50
Hook $3.50
Baldur's Gate II: collector's Edition (PC) $4.50

All mint and perfect, Shenmue and BG2 complete.

Not the best of games but for 1.50 apiece, and being in very good to near mint condition, decided on the following games today

Pro Fishing Challenge (bikini girl cover) XB
Rapala Pro Fishing XB
MOH: Rising Sun XB
Men of Valor XB
Bloody Roar 3 PS2
The Getwaway PS2
Killzone GH PS2
Fusion Frenzy XB
POP:SOT XB
Bloodwake XB

They had some other games like the first Oddworld, Ace Combat 4, 50 Cent (the last generations fuck), and the usual plethora of sports titles

Not a major haul, but one of my local pawns got a whole bunch of PS2 survival horror in, so for $5.99 ea, I got:

Resident Evil Dead Aim
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Bully

All complete. I passed on RE4 PS2 (I already have the GC version) and RE Outbreak 2.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']
I was checking out the dvds and a lady came in and asked how much they'd buy it for and he said 15 for it all. I heard what was going on and said I'd give her 25 for it. She tried to haggle with me for 40. I show her all I had was 50 and I had to buy two dvds for 20 and I'd give her what was left out of it. She agreed. The games were Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories and Metal Gear Acid.. for PSP. I think she was a crackhead probably selling her son's games or someone elses. Oh well at least they went to a good home. Its an old ds plus nothing but the system and the stylus so gotta go purchase a charger I guess.
Oh then she tried to get a ride from me when I was leaving so I'm pretty sure she was a crackhead.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I got a PSP like this when they were still $250-- some kid brought it in, they would only give him $70, he saw me browsing games so he offered to sell it to me for $100. Then he offered to sell me some weed so I could "get all toasty before play [me] some PSP." Yeah, not a chance. :lol:

I went to the pawn shop today that I got Forza 2 & GOW CE from. I saw Super Paper Mario & MP8 on the shelve, so I got excited. Then I found out that they were $30 each :cry:

The manager in there is so funny. He was telling me about how rare N64 Sports games are not because Wal-Mart don't sell them anymore and how people buy them for $10 each there and it's a great deal :roll:

At went to Action Pawn in Elgin Texas yesterday and I saw that they had a Copy of PGR3 GH version for 7 bucks. I wanted to get it but I had no cash and my friend didn't either so I guess I will come back sometime and see if it is still there.

They also had several copies of Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance for 7 bucks and they also had a complete copy of Jet Grind Radio for 1 dollar.

[quote name='Segasonic01']I went to the pawn shop today that I got Forza 2 & GOW CE from. I saw Super Paper Mario & MP8 on the shelve, so I got excited. Then I found out that they were $30 each :cry:

The manager in there is so funny. He was telling me about how rare N64 Sports games are not because Wal-Mart don't sell them anymore and how people buy them for $10 each there and it's a great deal :roll:[/quote]
Dude, all I see are damn sports games in every pawn and thrift I go to here in Tampa. I'm so sick of them. :bomb:

[quote name='xRiskyx']Dude, all I see are damn sports games in every pawn and thrift I go to here in Tampa. I'm so sick of them. :bomb:[/quote]
You must be going to the wrong ones, man.

I score DDR Mario Mix from my local pawn shop. I was there when they were wheeling out the cart with all the stuff that they could sell that day. Supposed to cost $10 but I buy 1000 dollars plus a week so I pay $5

[quote name='Apossum']Nice. I got a PSP like this when they were still $250-- some kid brought it in, they would only give him $70, he saw me browsing games so he offered to sell it to me for $100. Then he offered to sell me some weed so I could "get all toasty before play [me] some PSP." Yeah, not a chance. :lol:[/quote]

LOL I woulda been like 'keep the PSP and sell me a dime bag', but maybe that's just me.

Honestly, the day I pay over $50 for a handheld system, unless it were a handheld Xbox, would be the day I could officially say I'm no longer a total cheapass.

Mind you, I saw the slim PSP packs in BB tonight and for $199 ya get Daxter, some movie, a memory stick and the PSP slim. But still, too pricey for my liking. Now, on the other hand, if I could run into a crackhead like that woman someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, I could get a PSP for $20, I'm sure.

paid 5 bucks today for:

bayou billy (NES)
Jurrasic Park (SNES)
DBZ: Super Butoden 1 (SFC)

there is another shop not from from this one but the fuck heads said they "follow amazon prices" so they had 20 bucks + on most of the good stuff. weak.

I've been finding tons of good Gamecube games over the past week for $10 or less, including Twilight Princess, Mario Kart (2x), Pokemon XD, and Smash Bros (2x).

I'll be hitting some pawn shops in another city tomorrow. Will report the findings!

I've found that a lot of the bigger pawn shps have started catching on that the old games are worth money still, used to be I could walk in and buy tons of awesome PS1 and super nintendo games for 3 dollars a piece, Now they want to look them up on half.com and price from there. Found a couple good stores still and of course there is always deals to be had just kinda blows that the pickings have slimmed recently.

[quote name='thebob101']Don't know if this was a deal but I found Legend of Zelda (NES) Gold Edition for $10 and Zone of the Enders w/o manual for $10.[/quote]

No, it's not. The gold cart Zelda is the common one and is worth $5. While you can pick up ZOE for $5 used at GS. You paid double for each.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL I woulda been like 'keep the PSP and sell me a dime bag', but maybe that's just me.

Honestly, the day I pay over $50 for a handheld system, unless it were a handheld Xbox, would be the day I could officially say I'm no longer a total cheapass.

Mind you, I saw the slim PSP packs in BB tonight and for $199 ya get Daxter, some movie, a memory stick and the PSP slim. But still, too pricey for my liking. Now, on the other hand, if I could run into a crackhead like that woman someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, I could get a PSP for $20, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

I think Ive done ok for purchasing PSP's, my first was 130 (1.5, still have)
Second I bought with a few UMDs, accessories for 100
Third was a store display from GS, FREE

Sold off the second and third to get my Silver Slim PSP for no extra money out of pocket

I seem to get luckier on games, at least 85% of my games I paid 5 dollars or less for. My Pawn shop adventures yielded mostly junk

stopped at one place and picked up a gen power pack for 3 bucks and a dreamcast controller with a mem card ledged in it (haha she didnt see that) for 3 bucks. went to another and found Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Mega Man II, and F-Zero X for 5 bucks a piece. normaly dont pay 5 bucks for a used but mega man put me in a good mood.

[quote name='zman73']I think Ive done ok for purchasing PSP's, my first was 130 (1.5, still have)
Second I bought with a few UMDs, accessories for 100
Third was a store display from GS, FREE

Sold off the second and third to get my Silver Slim PSP for no extra money out of pocket

I seem to get luckier on games, at least 85% of my games I paid 5 dollars or less for. My Pawn shop adventures yielded mostly junk[/quote]

Both of the two local pawn shops are horrible, they price games @ $20 and up for many titles and only once the title is 6 years old does it reach around $5-7 or as I like to call it 'MY KINDA BUYING PRICE'.

They took in the slim PStwo I had and gave me a fat model, which I have more experience with fixing and can get parts for cheaper and faster and took $25 for the pleasure.

I know many told me it 'should've been an even swap', but to me, I got the better deal, since I didn't like the compact size and how warm my slimmy got when I had it. Plus, my one friend had had problems with his families silver slim not wanting to start up on the first try less than 3 months after buying it, so I felt the slims were going to be MORE prone to problems than the fat models.

Mind you, I wouldn't dare take my NIB Gamecube to them for trade, since they'd probably only give me $20 for it, so I may just be stuck with it till Dec or so.

How anyone on here gets decent games and accessories for cheap is beyond me, since my local 2 shops are 'Ebay watchers'.

yah i hear that about ebay watching. the one guy that runs one of the stores i check out from time to time told me thats what he does. its bullshit. there is a second hand store that my sister took me to in Mount Pleasent, MI and all i had to see was a copy of tetris marked at 15 bucks and i turned around. I remember seeing a copy of rampage marked at 10 and kirbys adventure at 20 from that ebay watcher. most of the carts are really beat up too. it pisses me off. he had a big ol box of genesis games marked at 8 a piece. all were sports. fucking stupid. ah well. i still hope to catch that dimond in the rough sometime.
Back in my hometown there is a second hand store and she does the ebay watching too. marks nes games at 20 or so. saw a copy of DW2 in the 7 bin many years ago. i asked to pick that up and when she went to ring it up said ok 30 some odd and change. i said wtf and then she replied with oh i know thats expensive on ebay right now so i'm charging 30. i told her to sell that shit on ebay then and walked out. I hate ebay watchers.

[quote name='tangytangerine']No, it's not. The gold cart Zelda is the common one and is worth $5. While you can pick up ZOE for $5 used at GS. You paid double for each.[/quote]

Oh well, thought I would give it (Pawn Shops) a try.

[quote name='MF Dagger']I've found that a lot of the bigger pawn shps have started catching on that the old games are worth money still, used to be I could walk in and buy tons of awesome PS1 and super nintendo games for 3 dollars a piece, Now they want to look them up on half.com and price from there. Found a couple good stores still and of course there is always deals to be had just kinda blows that the pickings have slimmed recently.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened out here to me about 2 years ago after I last found suikoden 2 in a pawn shop...

all the sudden all the pawn shops started checking values for every damn thing on ebay.

Now I go to a local pawn shop and I find a Ratty condition, scratched to hell copy of final fantasy 7 with no manual for 49.99.

would anybody consider finding a gh version of final fantasy vii for $27 a good deal or not? feedback would be appreciated since theres a local store that has like 3 copies of it.....

bread's done
Back