Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

I found a Final Fantasy VII PS1 PAL version the other day in a pawn shop for $5. I think that was the first time I had ever seen a European game in any pawn shop.

[quote name='mguiddy']:lol::rofl:;)

Also, nice score. I watched the first episode but didn't like it. *dodges stones* But I would have picked it up for that price to give it another go.[/QUOTE]

The first episode is a bit confusing to watch the first time since so much is crammed in. Once you get into the second then the show gets a LOT better.

I picked up a disc only copy of
PS1
Silent Hill $2

The disc is a little scratched up but I think it will play.

Today's haul:

Twilight Princess GC $10
Gauntlet Dark Legacy GC $10
Legend of Mana PS1 $5

I was trembling a little bit when I pulled Legend of Mana out of the CD rack, trying not to knock over stacks of other stuff. I was worried the case would be empty, but voila, it's complete. The manual is a little beat up, but for $5 who's complaining?

Got these today, all complete unless noted:

Rainbow Six: Vegas (360)-$6
Over G Fighters (no manual)-$6
Blazing Angels (360)-$6
Castlevania Chronicles-$7
R-Type Delta-$7
Marvel SupeR Hereos vs Street Figher-$6
Xenogears-$6

EZ Pawn - Lafayette, CO

All games $5

MGS Twin Snakes
Tales of Symphonia
Zelda Wind Waker
Zelda Twilight Princess
Resident Evil 4
Prince of Persia The Two Thrones (GC)
Super Smash Bros Melee
NCAA Football 2005 (GC)
.hack//Infection (w/ dvd)
Castlevania Curse of Darkness
Armored Core Nexus
Dynasty Warriors 5
Dynasty Warriors 5 XL
Tenchu Fatal Shadows
Contra Shattered Soldier

EZ Pawn - Longmont, CO

Trauma Center Second Opinion $15
Zelda Four Swords $5
Resident Evil $6
Rogue Galaxy $4
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast II (xbox) $5

Not huge finds, but here's what I picked up this week:

All $5.99 ea:
Pride FC PS2
Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel PS2
Halo 1
Halo 2 (both for flipping at GS)

Final Fantasy V GBA complete in box - $10
Wario Ware Twisted - $8 (been looking for this at the sub $10 mark)
Final Fantasy Anthology, black label, missing manual - $5

Also, from a new store that sells store salvage:
2x Final Fantasy XI guides, Spring 2004 edition $5.99 ea
1x Metal Gear Acid guide $3.99
3x Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence guide $5.99
all were previously Target clearance

Complete Dreamcast games
Sonic Adventure 2 - $2
Sword of Berserk, Guts Rage - $2

A EZ Pawn here is doing 5 DVDs for $10, bought 10 For xmas gifts
Simpsons Season 8 Maggie Collectable case version - $2
and at Cash America
Lost Season 1 - $10
Lost Season 2 (New!) - $10

got these mint/complete PS1 games today.

KoF 95-$8
Guilty Gear-$4
Konami Arcade Classics-$4
SF COllection 2-$4
Devil Dice-$4
Thunder Force V-$4
Metal Slug X-$8

Prolly gonna keep MSX. I might also go back & get Future Cop:LAPD for $4 & Darkstalkers 3 for $8 (unlikely). They have a ton of shmups for some reason.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Good grabs, that EZ Pawn is really good to you:)[/quote]
Ya, but I put most of em (minus Metal slug & SF Collection) on Ebay cuz I'm in need of money, so if anyone wants em, they're on there.

Not a Pawn Shop, but Goodwill.

Today I found

Get a Life Vol 1 and 2 with Chris Elliot for $6!!!!

If you haven't seen it, it is an old show from early 90's (?)

Great show yet short-lived.

Pic of Vol 1. (vol. 2 looks similar but with a neighborhood background)

78_8.jpg

saw a 60 gig PS3 for $350 at a Pawn Shop, passed. Picked up 3 saturn games at $2 each, incredible hulk, baku baku, and bug too. also picked up 10 movies at $2 each.

I don't go by pawn shops usually, but i though about it about a week ago and got some pretty good deals.

:360: Gears of War $12.99
:ps2: Metal Gear Solid 3: Sustance $4.99

I think I might swing by the pawn shops again sometime this week.

Decent outing Saturday, only hit a few locally. I got

Sega Dreamcast w/ controller and chords w/ Powe Stone 2 (!) disc only included - $10
Complete SMS Black Belt - $2
Complete SMS Altered Beast - $2
PSOne Alundra 2 w/case, no manual - $3
Complete PC Pokemon Leaf Green - $4
Complete DS Pokemon Diamond - $4(!)

I've had my eyes on the Dreamcast for awhile because of the Power Stone 2. I even offerred $10 for the disc only about a month ago and got denied. There may be more stuff that came with it, I have to go back because the sticker stated I am missing a black bag. I wonder if the case and manual are in it.
And the Pokemon Diamond was a awsome score, not into the series, but I am willing to try it with this. I also bought Pokemon Saphire at the same pawn for $4 awhile back and they have Pokemon Crystal for $4, which I also may buy to complete the collection.

Got Pikmin (GC) and God of War II for $10 each. Both in great shape. No owner's manual with Pikmin, but everything with God of War II.

Went to my 2 nearest pawns the other day

At the first one, I was excited to find Mario Party 7 for $10. However, when I opened it, I was disappointed to find the disc had a small dent in it. It was not huge, but my experience with Gamecube games is that they are extremely sensitive. I once had a copy of Mario DDR with a similar dent and it would not play no matter how many times I put it through the resurfacing machine. (Later traded it into Gamestop for $25 kekekeke ^_^)

So I reluctantly left Mario Party behind.

At the next pawn, I found something nice....

Super Mario Bros. NES Classic for GBA (cart only) $7

Let's see - years back when they were current gen and relatively recent, I got

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike on DC for $10 and $15
Soul Calibur for $10, House of the Dead 2 for $10, and a like new Mad Catz gun
Dead or Alive 2 on DC for $7

Grandia on Playstation for $7

Recently...

PSO ep I&II for GC = $10
several DDR games for PS2 for $7
Zone of the Enders 2 = $10

[quote name='kube00']Yea I was inspired by another thread here. I found FFVII in almost mint condition black label complete marked at $10 and I got it for $5. Oh yea!!

I also picked up a DS lite with a few extra games, charger, 2 stylus, and original box for $105

Not too shabby today[/quote]

SAME HERE DUDE!!!! I got it at Cash Converters in Schaumburg (or Hoffman Estates - border), IL !!!

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']Picked up a Brigandine strategy guide in mint condition for only $8[/quote]
Nice. About 2-3 years ago, somebody on Amazon Marketplace had a HUGE stock of these brand new for $1.00 each (!). I bought 1 or 2. The price on these has skyrocketed since, and now I wish I had bought the lot of them.

[quote name='PooperScooper1900']I have never stepped foot in a pawn shop, is it wrong to haggle with the person working?[/quote]

In my experience, most pawn shops will haggle with no problem. In fact, some places I go to will often tell me "Well, it's marked $15, but I'll let you have it for $10," so the prices are by no means firm. YMMV though

I went to the best pawn shop I've ever seen yesterday.

It had a case FULL of N64 games and I picked for $8 each:

F-Zero X
Doom 64 (!)
Wave Race 64
1080 Snowboarding

I also saw copies of really rare N64 games (like Dual Heroes & Ridge Racer 64)! I'll definitely go back and get some of those!

They also had a 32X (!) and several Namco light guns and several Game Boy Advances and quite a few PS2, X-Box & Gamecube games for $15 (a few may not be worth that, but some are worth than that from the ones I saw!). And a few Dreamcast games too!

The one next door to it has a few NES/SNES games and I bought Deep Fighter for Dreamcast (both discs) one time.

So I was in my local EZ Pawn last night & had them hold me a complete copy of Zelda: CE because I had no money on my & they were about to close. This morning when I went to get it, it was nowhere to be found. :cry:

However, as I was standing around, a guy comes in with a bag full of SNES games & tries to pawn them. They don't take them, so I followed him out the door & asked him if he'd sell them to me. I looked in the bag & asked how much. He said $5 for all. So I gladly handed him $5. Here's what was in the bag (all cart only):

Donkey Kong Country
Zelda: LTTP
Eye of the Beholder
Jurassic PArk: The Chaos continues
Bizyland
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars :bouncy:

I also picked up a complete copy of Ico for $8 while I was there, but sitll no Zelda CE.

[quote name='guyinga']I went to the best pawn shop I've ever seen yesterday.

It had a case FULL of N64 games and I picked for $8 each:

F-Zero X
Doom 64 (!)
Wave Race 64
1080 Snowboarding

I also saw copies of really rare N64 games (like Dual Heroes & Ridge Racer 64)! I'll definitely go back and get some of those!

They also had a 32X (!) and several Namco light guns and several Game Boy Advances and quite a few PS2, X-Box & Gamecube games for $15 (a few may not be worth that, but some are worth than that from the ones I saw!). And a few Dreamcast games too!

The one next door to it has a few NES/SNES games and I bought Deep Fighter for Dreamcast (both discs) one time.[/QUOTE]

those 64 games don't really seem like a good deal to me..maybe its because i'm jaded and pick up many 64 games all the time for

dropped by my fave local pawn shop (for athens gamers its Thortons on east side), they had a Baldur's gate DA 2 with case and manual with very few scratches for 5$.

[quote name='urzishra14']those 64 games don't really seem like a good deal to me..maybe its because i'm jaded and pick up many 64 games all the time for

I was happy to get :360: Bioshock today at one of the more pathetic pawn shops today for $20 :) I've been itching to try it after being inundated on the internets all the time by its universal praise.

Makes up for not finding it at fye.

I spotted it immediately in the case and asked how much. The guy said "All 360 games are $20." He pulled it out and it was stickered $47.99. I asked him again just to make sure and he said "Yeah, I don't know who stickered this for $50" :lol:

I managed to snag 2 wavebirds for $27 total today. One platinum, one gray. They'll go well with the other 2 wavebirds I grabbed at another pawn shop a month or so back for $7.xx total (also one platinum, one gray).

360 Gears of War $5
PS2 FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus 2 copies $5
PS2 Grandia III $5(disk one was replaced with Starocean Disk 1)

I'm going on a pawn shop run tomorrow if my E-Bay customers pay up tonight....

I finally find something worth posting. Halo 3 mint condition complete for $13. I also bought Call of Duty 4 (360) for $20. Not bad.

I went to Pawnshops today, all the good games were gone!! One Pawnshop owner told me that tons of people are using their tax rebates right now so there are tons of people buying and no one selling. I did manage to find a Pawnshop with alot of HD-DVD's I talked theminto selling them for $3 apiece, no to get the HD add on for my 360!!

Found Clay Fighter 63 1/3 Sculptor's Cut at that treasure chest I call EZ Pawn today. It's in very good condition but had "BBV 92111" written on the front label :cry:

[quote name='Segasonic01']Found Clay Fighter 63 1/3 Sculptor's Cut at that treasure chest I call EZ Pawn today. It's in very good condition but had "BBV 92111" written on the front label :cry:[/quote]

Blockbuster Video rental on a cartridge, check and make sure it works. :)

[quote name='SolidMetal']where would you find pawnshops at? All i know of is like thrift stores...[/QUOTE]

There are a few places to look.. if you are in a smaller town area.. check near the local jail .. as pawn shops generally get the majority of their business from people looking to make bails and the like.. if you are in a bigger area just drive up and down the "main streets" all the ones I know of in Utah are easily found by this method..

when I was in the NC.. it was still true.. it was in an area where all the "shopping" was.. try those areas.. always look for 3 things on the sign "buy sale trade" .. or "pawn".. or these images "a diamond ring, a gun, a tv/electronic device" these generally denote pawn shops.

you'll have better luck at the "mom and pop" pawn shops then the ones that sound like chains.. "like EZ Pawn might not have what my Charlie's Pawn has"

[quote name='Sinnbox']I went to Pawnshops today, all the good games were gone!! One Pawnshop owner told me that tons of people are using their tax rebates right now so there are tons of people buying and no one selling. I did manage to find a Pawnshop with alot of HD-DVD's I talked theminto selling them for $3 apiece, no to get the HD add on for my 360!![/QUOTE]

just wait until the summer.. generally the best times to go in when everyone is "selling".. kids sell stuff in the summer to pay for stupid things.. also fall, kids need college money or parents are cleaning out kids' old stuff.. i usually find that between march - may is slow.. (but still bountiful if i catch them at the right time) .. also.. go in on weekdays.. more likely to get better items then on saturdays.

[quote name='urzishra14']just wait until the summer.. generally the best times to go in when everyone is "selling".. kids sell stuff in the summer to pay for stupid things.. also fall, kids need college money or parents are cleaning out kids' old stuff.. i usually find that between march - may is slow.. (but still bountiful if i catch them at the right time) .. also.. go in on weekdays.. more likely to get better items then on saturdays.[/quote]

Ya, I found tons of crap last summer, My most dissapointing moment lately was walking into a pawnshop and a worker told me had just got a copy of Ogrebattle and Super mario RPG for SNES. He has no use for them but took them because they are collectors items.

bread's done
Back