Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

Went a little bit out of my way to visit a pawn shop I had never been to before. Picked up :ps2: Fatal Frame 2, :xbox: Star Wars Battlefront 2, :xbox: Republic Commando, and Arkanoid NES for ~$17. Also saw Warriors Orochi 1 + 2.

Picked up:

Black GameCube complete with cords, black controller, indigo controller
Super smash bros melee
Mario golf toadstool tour
Mario superstar baseball
Super Mario strikers
F-zero GX
Sonic heroes
Luigis mansion
Super Mario sunshine
Metroid prime
WarioWare inc.
Odama
Beyond good and evil
Eternal darkness
Sega soccer slam

And for gameboy
Adventure island 2
Metroid 2
Tmnt back from the sewers
Double dragon

Everything for $70 cash out the door...

I did well this week at 2 shops:

Everything Is in really good shape and complete as well. Got some nice stuff for my collection as well.

PS3

Heavy Rain $5 (for my collection)

Rockband 3 $5

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $10  (For my collection)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $10 (yes 2 copies)

3DS

Super Mario 3D Land $7 (for my collection)

Wii

Okami $8 (for my collection)

360:

Diablo 3 $10 (a week after I was looking for one for a friend and paid $35 for one.)

I can sell a couple things and still make a decent profit to go back. Been hitting these 2 places up for a couple years now and they never let me down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an NES with two controllers, zapper, all necessary cables and with a brand new 72 pin connector and Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt for $30

and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for NES for $3

Decent week:

PS2:

Valkyrie Profile 2

Drakengard

Drakengard 2

Tales of Legendia

Wild Arms 4

Final Fantasy X

Soul Nomad (disc only)

Wii:

Pokepark Pikachu's Adventure

All for $20

The PS3 and 360 bins were dry, they told me they moved most of their systems before Christmas and had been giving games with them.

Can't wait for the next couple months, I need a new bow, chainsaw, and some games lol.

Boom!

Scored today!

DS Pokemon SoulSilver $6 (gonna try to keep this one)

PS3 Rock Band 3 $5

The biggest find was not gaming related, but I got a new guitar.

Fender Stratocaster $150 I gotta check the year, but it's in very good shape.

They didn't offer me any price break, so I think it may have been mispriced. Not a big deal, since my usual dude sold it to me. Now I just have to explain to my wife why we need ANOTHER Strat.

Boom!

Scored today!

DS Pokemon SoulSilver $6 (gonna try to keep this one)

PS3 Rock Band 3 $5

The biggest find was not gaming related, but I got a new guitar.

Fender Stratocaster $150 I gotta check the year, but it's in very good shape.

They didn't offer me any price break, so I think it may have been mispriced. Not a big deal, since my usual dude sold it to me. Now I just have to explain to my wife why we need ANOTHER Strat.
Is it a MIM or American? Its not one of those crappy squires is it?

Is it a MIM or American? Its not one of those crappy squires is it?
Nah it's a real deal Mexican. I took it to the shop to get it set up, have those guys check the SN and see if it's a standard or what, and to honestly see if it had any damage I couldn't see. I pick it up Monday, I'll share a pic then.

I've had one good Squier, a Jagmaster, the other ones were crap.

My Squier Jazz Bass was perfectly serviceable - my brother had an Ernie Ball Stingray and honestly I couldn't describe the difference if I had a gun to my head. I've got a Fender Mark Hoppus bass now, but I only bothered to upgrade because my Jazz Bass was on the fritz and became unreliable.

Really good haul for me today:

NES Four Score (with poster) $10

Movies and TV shows:

Mortal Kombat (DVD): $2

Chasing Amy: Criterion Collection DVD: $3

Scarface $3

Carlito's Way $3

Okay so not bad but here were the major scores for me:

Assault on Precinct 13 (original) $3

Clerks the Animated series $3

Star Trek Deep Space Nine seasons 4 (missing slipcase), and 6 for $14 apiece

I never see Star Trek DVDs in the wild where I live and DS9 is especially rare.

Pick up the DS game for $5 each. Already have the cases for Children of Mana and Dragon Quest games.

He said a guy brought like 70 games. Most were shovelware and these were the best grabs.

They had two rings of fate. Should have got the other. Now to hunt the cases for the others.

1899931_10151966592980924_1617744382_n.jpg

LOL

It from the keychain packs at Gamestop.

-turn out Dragon Quest doesnt work.

Should have looked at it closer.

Found a pawnshop listing online and got a new/sealed PS Vita for $121 shipped. Showed up perfectly new. Had been looking for a good deal on a new Vita for months.

My Brother and I both had pretty decent scores today:

My Brother got Pokemon White 2 for $24

I got Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for $20

Neither has the case but LBW had no price and once the guy said $20 I didn't even argue and just paid the man lol

Today was badassery day for me, I scored!

Zelda Skyward Sword

Rock Band 3 PS3

GTA V PS3

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst PS3

All for $25 out the door. )

Visited a local pawn shop to get my Pokemon Silver battery replaced this Sunday. It was only $5 to replace it, and I'm not good with tools anyways.

I went over to the Wii section and they had at least 10 copies of Skyward Sword for $45 each. Now I know who ransacked the local Target clearance... jerks. >_>

Some of my better finds over the last month or so..

166n5hl.jpg

.Hack Rebirth PS2 disc $7

Wind Waker Gamecube disc $5

PS2 DVD Remote sealed $2

Chibi Robo complete $9

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 complete PS2 $6

Arc Rise Fantasia Wii disc $7

Pikmin 2 Wii no manual $10

Also not pictured is a copy of NES Dusty Diamond's All Star Softball for around $4.

Stopped in a couple out of the way shops today. One of them is a great place for vintage stuff, the guy has a bunch of sealed PS1 games, not sure if it's a reasonable price, but he wants $100 for his FF7. He also has a Haunting Ground for $30. He also had a Grandia 2 for the Dreamcast, again, not something I am interested in, so I don't know the value. All of his stuff is decently priced though, so he may be in line. I got a sealed Pokemon Heartgold off him last year for $15, my first stop in.

Too bad I didn't have any cash to talk bigger deals. For someone who prices using ebay, I didn't do bad in his bargain bin:

Shadow Hearts PS2 Complete $5

Fallout Brotherhood of Steel PS2 Complete $3

Glory of Heracles DS Cart only $3

Rhapsody DS Cart only $5

Rock Band 3 PS3 $5 (my 4th copy of this game in the past month for under $8, I guess people just think it's shit since it's RB)

The PS2 games are in decent shape, but the Fallout game may need to be resurfaced. Good thing I found a guy at the flea market who will do that stuff for me.

I need to stop going to the pawns.

Stopped in a couple out of the way shops today. One of them is a great place for vintage stuff, the guy has a bunch of sealed PS1 games, not sure if it's a reasonable price, but he wants $100 for his FF7. He also has a Haunting Ground for $30. He also had a Grandia 2 for the Dreamcast, again, not something I am interested in, so I don't know the value. All of his stuff is decently priced though, so he may be in line. I got a sealed Pokemon Heartgold off him last year for $15, my first stop in.

Too bad I didn't have any cash to talk bigger deals. For someone who prices using ebay, I didn't do bad in his bargain bin:

Shadow Hearts PS2 Complete $5

Fallout Brotherhood of Steel PS2 Complete $3

Glory of Heracles DS Cart only $3

Rhapsody DS Cart only $5

Rock Band 3 PS3 $5 (my 4th copy of this game in the past month for under $8, I guess people just think it's shit since it's RB)

The PS2 games are in decent shape, but the Fallout game may need to be resurfaced. Good thing I found a guy at the flea market who will do that stuff for me.

I need to stop going to the pawns.
go grab that copy of Haunting Grounds and Grandia! I would be glad to find a CIB copy of HG for that price.

You got it good down below the Mason Dixon line. Pawn Shops in Pittsburgh are filled with overpriced games that have no real value and stolen laptops.

go grab that copy of Haunting Grounds and Grandia! I would be glad to find a CIB copy of HG for that price.

You got it good down below the Mason Dixon line. Pawn Shops in Pittsburgh are filled with overpriced games that have no real value and stolen laptops.
LOL I just looked up what Haunting Ground is going for on eBay. I always wanted to play it, and I am for sure going back Monday to get it. Luckily the shop has finicky hours of 12-4 on Saturday, so I hope to get it. It is weird that a PS2 horror game has eluded me this long. I have played or owned just about every one, no matter how shitty.

In the Charleston area I got 5 decent shops, 1 shitty one. The 2 I went to today are just out of my way, and usually not worth going to for flippables. The other 3 are $10 or less for any PS3/360/Wii/DS game. I have made a shitload off of them. That is pretty much how I have funded my gaming the past 2 years. After I got married, my budget went from my entire paycheck after bills to maybe $20-$30 a month. I just wait and buy stuff a year after it comes out anymore, but being able to triple my dough on eBay helps me a lot. Thank god for KV Pawn shops, and their employees selling me Rock Band 3 for $5.

There are so many pawns in Huntington/Ashland I can't even go to all of them, plus it's further away. I have been to a few, but they were hit or miss on games.

LOL I just looked up what Haunting Ground is going for on eBay. I always wanted to play it, and I am for sure going back Monday to get it. Luckily the shop has finicky hours of 12-4 on Saturday, so I hope to get it. It is weird that a PS2 horror game has eluded me this long. I have played or owned just about every one, no matter how shitty.

In the Charleston area I got 5 decent shops, 1 shitty one. The 2 I went to today are just out of my way, and usually not worth going to for flippables. The other 3 are $10 or less for any PS3/360/Wii/DS game. I have made a shitload off of them. That is pretty much how I have funded my gaming the past 2 years. After I got married, my budget went from my entire paycheck after bills to maybe $20-$30 a month. I just wait and buy stuff a year after it comes out anymore, but being able to triple my dough on eBay helps me a lot. Thank god for KV Pawn shops, and their employees selling me Rock Band 3 for $5.

There are so many pawns in Huntington/Ashland I can't even go to all of them, plus it's further away. I have been to a few, but they were hit or miss on games.
well, sir you certainly have a nice situation down there. Anymore, the second hand market is just foul in the PGH area. GW marks up everything, pawn shops are few and far between with no gaming deals, and craigslist is just spam of people with post like "I BUY YER VEDEOH GAMEZ CALLZ ME TODAH DOONUT WAIST YER TIME WIF A YARDSALEZ CELLS TOO ME NOWZ" fuck en ass smokers

definitely go pick up both, you could flip grandeia on ebay or here. that's a decent dreamcast game that is worth it! And I like dHaunting Grounds, it is a good game that was overlooked by many. def worth the trip back!

I found most of my collection at the pawn shop,i went like every wednesday. I found alot of rare stuff,now i can't find nothing. I'm still going though lol

well, sir you certainly have a nice situation down there. Anymore, the second hand market is just foul in the PGH area. GW marks up everything, pawn shops are few and far between with no gaming deals, and craigslist is just spam of people with post like "I BUY YER VEDEOH GAMEZ CALLZ ME TODAH DOONUT WAIST YER TIME WIF A YARDSALEZ CELLS TOO ME NOWZ" fuck en ass smokers

definitely go pick up both, you could flip grandeia on ebay or here. that's a decent dreamcast game that is worth it! And I like dHaunting Grounds, it is a good game that was overlooked by many. def worth the trip back!
I am going back for Haunting Ground tomorrow. I'm going to look a little more into their stuff too.

On another note, my $5 Shadow Hearts does not work. It had a few scratches on it, but I didn't think it was that bad until I tried to play last night. Had it resurfaced and it still doesn't work. :cry:

I might have to look for my old Skip Doctor or just go for the toothpaste trick to bring it back from the dead. I really want to play it!

$30 mint and complete. The guy would not budge on price, and I said no problem. He was even cool enough to not slather some big stick all the way across it. Just had a corner holding it down. I didn't buy this to flip, I actually bought this to play because I heard it is badass.

I may have more pawn shop finds later...found a 4 for $20 deal, but can only find 1 thing worth getting.

Edit: I did hit up the 4 for $20 deal.

PS3:

Saints Row 4

Metro Last Light

Dragon Age Origins: Awakenings (the expansion pack, this is for keep)

Wii:

New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Not bad for $20. All in all a good day for $50. Too bad I am keeping the big one.

2gwfdpc.jpg

15q7seo.jpg

$30 mint and complete. The guy would not budge on price, and I said no problem. He was even cool enough to not slather some big stick all the way across it. Just had a corner holding it down. I didn't buy this to flip, I actually bought this to play because I heard it is badass.

I may have more pawn shop finds later...found a 4 for $20 deal, but can only find 1 thing worth getting.

Edit: I did hit up the 4 for $20 deal.

PS3:

Saints Row 4

Metro Last Light

Dragon Age Origins: Awakenings (the expansion pack, this is for keep)

Wii:

New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Not bad for $20. All in all a good day for $50. Too bad I am keeping the big one.

2gwfdpc.jpg

15q7seo.jpg
dood, so jealous. that is quite a haul today and not just because of HG.

that sucks about the shadow hearts not working though. hopefully you can get it working!

dood, so jealous. that is quite a haul today and not just because of HG.

that sucks about the shadow hearts not working though. hopefully you can get it working!
I have been rocking the past 2 or 3 weeks. It's feast or famine on pawns really, but right now I am McLovin' it. I am really surprised I can find decent games, because I see people cashing tax return checks at every store I stop in. I usually never find newer (less than a year old) releases at pawn shops, but between semi-valuable stuff and Rock Band 3, I am on a roll.

I am STILL not able to find anything at a thrift shop though. I'd take a decent T-Shirt at this point. I'm not even looking for something flippable, I'd take a cool CD or DVD at this point.

Haunting Ground is a badass game, BTW.

I have been rocking the past 2 or 3 weeks. It's feast or famine on pawns really, but right now I am McLovin' it. I am really surprised I can find decent games, because I see people cashing tax return checks at every store I stop in. I usually never find newer (less than a year old) releases at pawn shops, but between semi-valuable stuff and Rock Band 3, I am on a roll.

I am STILL not able to find anything at a thrift shop though. I'd take a decent T-Shirt at this point. I'm not even looking for something flippable, I'd take a cool CD or DVD at this point.

keep looking man. If I find anything music worth while, I can pick it up for ya (see thirft store thread for recent pick ups btw)

Haunting Ground was amazing. That copy looks absolutely prisine, congrats on finding it.

After seeing the cover of Haunting Ground all I can think about is making doge jokes about it.

And yeah, totally sucks about Shadow Hearts. It's one of my favorite PS2 RPG series.

Two of the three semi-local pawn shops I have surrounding my area are pretty bomb, they don't compare ebay prices for anything. The third is absolutely ridiculous, everything is looked up and then priced on the high end of completed sales, plus they charge tax whether cash or credit doesn't matter. Needless to say I have been there only once. Anyway at one of the awesome pawns I picked up an aqua Nintendo 3ds in great shape with the charger PLUS I spotted Pokemon Soul Silver sitting in the case so I snagged that too. Price on Pokemon was $3, the 3ds $79.99, dude that owns the place took my offer of $60 cash on the two! Pretty sweet pickup!

Picked these up for 6$ a piece today.

Flat rate pricing is awesome.Too bad they mark up stuff that they've heard of to 10$.

Ratchet & Clank: Future Tools of Destruction

Fallout:New Vega Ultimate Edition

NFS: The Run Limited Edition

Mortal Kombat

I've also found Yoshi's Story for 5$, Animal Crossing for the Wii for 6$, and LBP2 Limited Edition for 6$. Along with a slough of 50 cent Xbox and PS2 games they were liquidating.

yUHNv1n.jpg

Found Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for $4.99.

So....

AFter I buy it I get to my truck to check on the disk... it's loaded with heavy scratches. Some scratches were deep enough you could feel them on the disk.

I was so disappointed lol. It even had the little comic included with it.

Picked up a silver GBA SP today for $5 cash. Asking price was $10, offered $5 and it was accepted. No charger, body had moderate scratching but screen is beautiful. System works great. My first offer is always accepted at this pawn...

The other day I picked up for $40:
Pikmin 2 (Wii)
Skyward Sword with soundtrack

Crash Bandicoot PS1

IHRA Drag Racing Sportsman Edition (Xbox)

All were complete except for IHRA, of course (missing manual). Also found Bully (Wii) and Blood Will Tell (PS2) for $7/each recently.

Found Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for $4.99.

So....

AFter I buy it I get to my truck to check on the disk... it's loaded with heavy scratches. Some scratches were deep enough you could feel them on the disk.

I was so disappointed lol. It even had the little comic included with it.
As long as it isn't cracked GS will still take it with a refurb fee. You can even keep the case/manual/comic.

Picked up the following from a pawn shop for $32 total:

:ps2: .hack//Infection

:ps2: .hack//Mutation

:ps2: .hack//Outbreak

:ps2: .hack//Quarantine

:ps2: Final Fantasy X

:ps2: Final Fantasy X-2

- Donkey Kong 64

- Super Mario 64

- Ocarina of Time

- Majora's Mask

It's been a really long time since I've gotten N64 games for prices this good - pretty stoked. Only downfall to this lot is that Quarantine was missing the game disc (I did get a complete box with the DVD, though - so I'll keep that around if I ever find a disc only copy of the game).

About $9ish each (all SNES)

DKC2 Diddy Kong's Quest

The Great Circus Mystery staring Mickey Mouse

Blazeon

$7 each (all NES)

Darkwing Duck

Mega Man V

Super C

TMNT The Manhattan Project

also got Ocarina of Time on gamecube for $4 and Black for the original Xbox for $1. I never knew how awesome pawn shops could be

Haven't posted my finds in a while, here's some of my better ones over the last month or two:

2rqylch.jpg

Resident Evil Director's Cut x2, Nemesis, Survivor, Dino Crisis 2, and Medievil for $4.xx each

kf1mac.jpg

Silent Hill and Diablo, $5.xx each

35m38ls.jpg

Battle of Z, DA Origins Ultimate, Orange Box - $10 each

Alice and DA Origins Ultimate - $7.50 each

2qly0rd.jpg

Xbox 320GB slim HDD, Pokepark 1+2, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Wii Party - $50

Other misc:

PS3 Tales of Xillia LE - $15

PS3 Lego The Hobbit - $10

PS3 DB Battle of Z - $10

PS3 Warriors Legends of Troy - $7.50

PS3 Ragnarok Odyssey Ace - $7.50

Haven't posted my finds in a while, here's some of my better ones over the last month or two:

Resident Evil Director's Cut x2, Nemesis, Survivor, Dino Crisis 2, and Medievil for $4.xx each

Silent Hill and Diablo, $5.xx each

Battle of Z, DA Origins Ultimate, Orange Box - $10 each

Alice and DA Origins Ultimate - $7.50 each

Xbox 320GB slim HDD, Pokepark 1+2, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Wii Party - $50

Other misc:

PS3 Tales of Xillia LE - $15

PS3 Lego The Hobbit - $10

PS3 DB Battle of Z - $10

PS3 Warriors Legends of Troy - $7.50

PS3 Ragnarok Odyssey Ace - $7.50
Man, I would have bought at least half of that stuff. Very nice finds! If you want to trade Alice or Diablo I am in...

bread's done
Back