Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

Megaman X5 non-gh, complete-$3
Buster Bros Collection-$3

Also found the one of the worst pawns in Tampa today. All Xbox, Ps2, & GC games were $10 each, Ps1, Genesis, & SNES were $5 each, & a used Model 1 Genesis with no cords was $54.99. The only thing that had that was decent was MMX4 & Dragon's Lair 3D, but for $15, I passed.

I snagged a few deals at the pawn shops today.

- Babylon 5 Seasons 1-5 + Movies Box Set $60
- 5 Wavebird Controllers (3 Platinum, 2 Grey) $46
- My Name is Earl Season 1 $5
- Metal Gear: Twin Snakes (GC) x2, Twilight Princess (GC), Monopoly Party (PS2), & Call of Duty 4 (PC) $45 total.

Apparently, I passed up the Wavebirds on multiple occasions and simply forgot to ask about them. The guy running the pawn said he had some of them for nearly a year.

Scored at a local pawn shop yesterday, I got:

Arrested Development Season 1 $5.00
The Simpsons Season 10 $5.00
Sealab 2021 Season 1 $5.00

I think I made out pretty well, everything was in mint condition.

That must be Capital Pawn. They're over priced but they get good games in sometimes. I've gotten Alundra 2, Power Instinct, Metal Gear, & Snake's Revenge there to name a few

[quote name='Otherguy676']That must be Capital Pawn. They're over priced but they get good games in sometimes. I've gotten Alundra 2, Power Instinct, Metal Gear, & Snake's Revenge there to name a few[/quote]
yep. I'll keep checking back for SNES & PS1 games, but I wont go out of my way to go there. I like the other 2 pawns on Busch cuz they have SNES, NES, PS1, N64, & Genesis games. I want that Excitebike 64 but I dont wanna pay $3 for a cart only one.

My pawns never have these type of deals. One I think checks ebay and marks up from there cause the cheapest game is like a 04 madden for 20 bucks. The other doesnt have much but always more then 15.00 a game.

Went out today to use the 25% off used PS3 games coupon at Gamestop and stopped by a couple pawn shops on the way.

1st shop I picked up War and Rush hour 3 on Bluray for $10 each. Mint and complete.

2nd shop got the Resident Evil Trilogy on Bluray for $30 and Heavenly Sword for PS3 mint/complete and looking BRAND NEW for $30.

Needless to say I didnt use the Gamestop coupon.

Persona 3 (complete w/ everything)-$20
Disgaea (no manual)-$6
Shadow Hearts-$6
Shadow Harts: Covenant-$6

All in good condition, except Disgaea's insert has a tare in the back. They also had Makai Kingdom for $10 but I passed.

[quote name='Segasonic01']All Xbox, Ps2, & GC games were $10 each, Ps1, Genesis, & SNES were $5 each, & a used Model 1 Genesis with no cords was $54.99. [/quote]Welcome to my town :( I've gotten some decent stuff over the years at my nearest pawn shop, but they want $10 for all PS2/Xbox/GC games, no matter what the title. Good luck getting rid of your ginormous stack of Powerdrome, guys.

[quote name='cranguy']Welcome to my town :( I've gotten some decent stuff over the years at my nearest pawn shop, but they want $10 for all PS2/Xbox/GC games, no matter what the title. Good luck getting rid of your ginormous stack of Powerdrome, guys.[/quote] Why the fuck did wal mart have to release that $10 3 pack. I now see hundreds of power drome and ford racing everywhere. >.>

mine has a PS3 rock band for 125.. i don't think i'll bite.. i get excited when they get DS games but then I go look at them.. and they are pretty much all the 1 star titles for the system..

i've also noticed an increased interest in V-games of late.. heh.. hopefully they just keep getting crap for a little while so the ebay idiots leave.

A year ago I found MGS2 Substance and MGS3 Subsistence, both mint for $8 each, not too much else worth mentioning sadly.

My local P-shop sells all games for $5, but they usualy only get sports titles and such, I did fidn paper mario for $5 this week theough, not bad....If i drive 40 min i can get tons of stuff dirt cheap, including a pawnshop that gets in tons of anime sets and sells them for 7.95-9.95!!!

Here's what I picked up yesterday, video game-wise:
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (360) - Disc Only - $0.99 (!!!)
Metroid (NES) - Cart Only - $2.00

Also picked up an extremely old laptop (Compaq Contura 3/25) for $10. Runs amazingly well though!

I got Lost Planet for the 360 yesterday for $15 at a pawn shop. I'm starting to see more 360 games at pawn shops now.

I walked into a pawn shop today and saw a Wii for $299. Too bad I already have one....I was hoping it came with other games for the Wii besides the pack-in Sports game, but no it didn't

i like seeing more and more "360 and ps3" games at pawn shops.. however ..

yesterday wasn't that great

M rated GTA san andreas for the PS2. (box is kinda beat up no manual.. its up on goozex) paid 5 bucks

cart only DK king of swing for the GBA.. paid 5 bucks. (i kind of have a thing about GBA games I love collecting them and i nearly have all of them that i want)

As per usual, I went DVD shopping as opposed to game shopping at the Pawn Shops. However, I did manage some great flicks and OOPs

One place for $20 I got
Walk the Line 2-Disc Edition (I believe OOP)
Metallica Some Kind of Monster (It's hard enough to find)
Rain Man (SE)
This is Spinal Tap (Not criterion, unfortunately)

At another I got for $20
Lion King (OOP)
Star Wars Eps 2 and 3
Royal Tenenbaums (Criterion, obviously)
Levity
Sword and the Stone (OOP, although they're releasing it from the vault in the summer I think)

Not bad. They had some decent games but they were all priced above $15 which wasn't good for what they were.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Walk the Line 2-Disc Edition (I believe OOP)[/QUOTE]

The original 2 disc has been replaced by the recently released 2 disc extended edition.

41FmMonHHzL._SS500_.jpg

I got an new copy a few weeks after it came out on eBay for $10. Well worth it just to have most of the deleted scenes in the movie along with a few more extras on disc 2.

Today's Finds
Conker's Bad fur day-$2
MArio 64-$2
Paper Mario-$2
DK 64-$2
Zelda OOT-$2
Extreme Pinball (Ps1, long box)-$2
Syberia 2-$7.50
Shadow HEarts: Covenant-$7.50
Alien Trilogy (GH)-$2
Pikmin (no manual)-$9

Also passed on SupeR MArio World for $4 & Fatal Frame (PS2) for $14, & Flashback (Genesis, cart only) for $3.

At the pawn with FF, the guy said he'd sell it to me for $10 (it had been there since October). Then as he was checking me out, the manager came over & told me $14. I told him no, it's been there for 6 months. After he told me $14 was the lowest he'd go, I told him to just keep it & I'd be back in 6 more months to offer him $8.

Which of these should I get?
:xbox:
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams $10 - is this BC?
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath $10 - is this BC?
Fatal Frame $10
:ps2:
Wild Arms 3 $5
GoW w/black label $10
:ds:
Trama Center Under the Knife $19

Are any of these rare while im asking?

[quote name='Segasonic01']Also passed on SupeR MArio World for $4.[/quote]Some people would love to have the crumbs that fall from your table of pawn shops :(

I did pick up one game today, UFC Sudden Impact for PS2, at the pawn for $5.99

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Which of these should I get?
:xbox:
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams $10 - is this BC?
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath $10 - is this BC?
Fatal Frame $10
:ps2:
Wild Arms 3 $5
GoW w/black label $10
:ds:
Trama Center Under the Knife $19

Are any of these rare while im asking?[/quote] Fatal Frame might be but I'm not sure.
GOW and oddworld are both great games, and I reccomend picking them up for that price.

At the pawn shop today I got:
(GC)Pikmin $10 (complete non PC) ^_^

[quote name='Persona7']Yesterday morning, I bought a sealed copy of Zelda Collectors edition for $9.99![/quote]
Nice! was this at an indy pawn or chain store?

I've always loved how pawns near me price sealed games as the new price. For instance, I walked into one pawn last week & got a used Ace Combat 6 for $15 with a Sealed CoD3 for $30 right next to it :roll:

It was a local pwn shop. :) I did see a sealed copy of Madden 06' for 34.99 :shock:

I nearly did a double take when I saw the triforce on the front of the box. I searched all the bins hoping to find another one for my friend....No luck.

[quote name='Persona7']It was a local pwn shop. :) I did see a sealed copy of Madden 06' for 34.99 :shock:

I nearly did a double take when I saw the triforce on the front of the box. I searched all the bins hoping to find another one for my friend....No luck.[/quote] That's awesome.
The only pawn we have here is this crappy chain called EZ cash super pawn that hardly ever has good stuff.

I hate pawns that dont buy older games because they say they don't sell. the pawns that do take them can't keep them in stock.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I hate pawns that dont buy older games because they say they don't sell. the pawns that do take them can't keep them in stock.[/quote]
I've been saying this for a while, bro. When I got my SMRPG, the pawn wouldnt take it so I followed the guy outside & gave him $1 for it. It's crazy to because the one down the street is part of the same chain. They accept them and they fly off the shelves but the closer one to me says no1 wants them. Yet they accept 100x copies of Maddens on N64. :roll:

[quote name='darkslime']
At the pawn shop today I got:
(GC)Pikmin $10 (complete non PC) ^_^[/quote]

Nice! I sold my disc only Pikmin for $43 on eBay. Picked two of 'em up at my Hollywood Video. The other one is going right now.

[quote name='Segasonic01']I've been saying this for a while, bro. When I got my SMRPG, the pawn wouldnt take it so I followed the guy outside & gave him $1 for it. It's crazy to because the one down the street is part of the same chain. They accept them and they fly off the shelves but the closer one to me says no1 wants them. Yet they accept 100x copies of Maddens on N64. :roll:[/quote]
Yeah, but Madden is a sports game and everyone loves sports games, not everyone likes those silly japanese games. *adjust crotch* *snort* *spit*:roll::lol:

[quote name='Samus']Nice! I sold my disc only Pikmin for $43 on eBay. Picked two of 'em up at my Hollywood Video. The other one is going right now.[/quote] Yeah, I just sold my complete players choice one for $30 on craigslist.
Good idea on checking the hollywood video.
I'll try that.

[quote name='Segasonic01']$5. It has no manual but is in otherwise great shape[/quote] I have no idea. Maybe demand is going down now that SSBB has been out for a couple months...

Well, my $43 Pikmin was a rarer case. Two people got into a bidding war and drove the price up really high at the last minute. Still, a $26 BIN should go fast.

[quote name='urzishra14']oddworld stranger's wrath is 4.99 at kmart.. i bet its still there if you go look[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my Kmart had it for $3 many moons ago on clearance. Of course, its long gone now.

yay for GTA4.. people went and pawned their old stuff to get the new hotness.. i picked up DMC4 for the360 today for 10 bucks.. they also had a huge stack of Xbox(big black hope) games (i pretty much have all the great games on that system)

I got a N64 Gameshark for a $1 which sadly did not work...it was one of the older ones that said "Gameshark" on the label, not "Gameshark Pro"

bread's done
Back