Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up I cancelled my CE from Amazon. It was the second copy I ordered just in case my gamestop order fell through but forgot to cancel it but managed to cancel before they shipped it even though they charged me... 

Anyways will that mean they'll show it in stock on their site? I'd be nice if someone on here who had their newegg order cancelled get it.

is the dlc the same on the CE and LE now? I picked up both because of the different DLC, but it looks like they may have added the DLC costumes to the regular LE

Got my CE at my local gamestop! Perfect condition. Employee said they only got 1 delivered which was my preorder. He said alot of people were calling about the CE today and ofcourse they font have any extras. Glad i preordered mine. Im happy. Now if only i have time to play the game. Hehe
Same with me, they told me I was the only one that preordered it and they only got 1 in

I'd like to know this as well, same with the character book and the artbook. Are they the same or no?
Definite no on your second question, not sure about the DLC,
Also, is this DLC worth anything now? I haven't redeemed mine, and was never a fan of digital costumes and whatnot, I like artbooks and figures and statues.

is the dlc the same on the CE and LE now? I picked up both because of the different DLC, but it looks like they may have added the DLC costumes to the regular LE
DLC in CE is extra costume for each of the main characters, and 2 themes. Not sure if this is the same in the LE or not.

I'd like to know this as well, same with the character book and the artbook. Are they the same or no?
Artbook in the CE is a small, hardbound 100 page book. The "book" in the LE is about the same length, maybe shorter, than the ones for Fire Emblem, Catherine, etc. I'd say Catherine size is the closest comparison.

Definite no on your second question, not sure about the DLC,
Also, is this DLC worth anything now? I haven't redeemed mine, and was never a fan of digital costumes and whatnot, I like artbooks and figures and statues.
Depends if the DLC is the same in the LE and CE. If it is then not really. Only reason the Graces f DLC code was worth so much was it was exclusive to Gamestop.

Okay so I ordered back in April on GS and I haven't been charged or received any emails about it shipping. I paid for the 4.99 shipping which I assume is standard and I guess the people getting them now either preordered in store or chose 1 day shipping right? Should I be worried?

Okay so I ordered back in April on GS and I haven't been charged or received any emails about it shipping. I paid for the 4.99 shipping which I assume is standard and I guess the people getting them now either preordered in store or chose 1 day shipping right? Should I be worried?
It may be worth contacting CS?

I placed an order yesterday morning using SAVER (free shipping) and it has already shipped (email confirmation), so it may be worth questioning why your order from April has not yet shipped...

Woo! I saved 0.03 because of Amazon's preorder price guarantee! I was just kind of meh about it at 99.99, but $99.96 is a steal!

No, but really, I have yet to see it... Sent it to my dad's house since I don't trust big packages being left out in the mail area of my apartment building. I'll go over and get it today. I also got the call for my GS preorder so I'll go get that on the way... I plan on keeping the better one and giving the other to my sister.

It may be worth contacting CS?

I placed an order yesterday morning using SAVER (free shipping) and it has already shipped (email confirmation), so it may be worth questioning why your order from April has not yet shipped...
I chose value shipping (4.99) and it says allow 5 days for transit and 2 business days for processing. Does that mean I should wait at least 5 days for it to be shipped?

My CE came, but I'm having major buyer's remorse right now  lol  The statue feels pretty cheap and not worth the extra money.  Oh well.  Time to put off playing the game for the next 5 years.  I haven't even started playing Graces f and I bought that at release as well.

My CE came, but I'm having major buyer's remorse right now lol The statue feels pretty cheap and not worth the extra money. Oh well. Time to put off playing the game for the next 5 years. I haven't even started playing Graces f and I bought that at release as well.
I'm 30 hours into Graces f, and don't see myself finishing it anytime soon.

Ordered from gamestop online. Got it yesterday 9bux shipping. Perfect condition. My wife says "All your guy toys will be happy to have a girl finally." (Like killzone, uncharted, infamous) :D

Ordered from gamestop online. Got it yesterday 9bux shipping. Perfect condition. My wife says "All your guy toys will be happy to have a girl finally." (Like killzone, uncharted, infamous) :D

Well you know Nathan probably has first dibs. That dude is smooth with the ladies.

My CE came, but I'm having major buyer's remorse right now lol The statue feels pretty cheap and not worth the extra money. Oh well. Time to put off playing the game for the next 5 years. I haven't even started playing Graces f and I bought that at release as well.
Throw Graces in the trash and just play Xillia.

I know a lot of people seem to hate on Graces...but I personally really enjoyed it :/ Especially the battle system
I could see hating on the characters of Graces, but if they hate the battle system they probably never even played it. Easily tied for best battle system with Tales of Destiny (plus combo command).

My CE arrived yesterday from Amazon. Packed really well and box looks intact. I got to play a little bit before the wife came home and took over the game, hahaha.

Why not play with the wife? Tales co-op is an interesting way to play the game, and once I beat Dragon's Crown with my crew, we're gonna move right on to Xillia.

After looking at the Japanese voice cast, I am mad they couldn't include Japanese audio :(

I could see hating on the characters of Graces, but if they hate the battle system they probably never even played it. Easily tied for best battle system with Tales of Destiny (plus combo command).

My CE arrived yesterday from Amazon. Packed really well and box looks intact. I got to play a little bit before the wife came home and took over the game, hahaha.
Why don't you two play together in local co-op?

DLC in CE is extra costume for each of the main characters, and 2 themes. Not sure if this is the same in the LE or not.

Artbook in the CE is a small, hardbound 100 page book. The "book" in the LE is about the same length, maybe shorter, than the ones for Fire Emblem, Catherine, etc. I'd say Catherine size is the closest comparison.

Are they the same book though or are they totally different?

Yeah the art in the LE is about 1/4 or 1/5 of the artwork in the CE.

So comfirmed CE differences are:
Statue (duh) ;
CD in jewel case instead of paper sleeve (same track list) ;
CE DLC code has 2 themes attached that are exclusive to it;
LE art pamphlet is about 1/4 or 1/5 of the artwork in the 100-page hard bound artbook in the CE.

Well you know Nathan probably has first dibs. That dude is smooth with the ladies.

"Whoa, nice view" I placed it in front of nathan statue without thinking lol

​my crappy gs has a non preorder CE for sale. if your in ga. its the mount zion pavillion store

Why not play with the wife? Tales co-op is an interesting way to play the game, and once I beat Dragon's Crown with my crew, we're gonna move right on to Xillia.

Why don't you two play together in local co-op?
Yeah, that's usually what I end up doing. I keep a handheld ready for the town sections, lol. I know she's going to play as Milla, and Jude seems ok but I'd rather leave the healing to the AI (so I don't get yelled at for slacking). I'll have to see who all the characters are before I decide who to use.

Amazon's definition for "Shipping Now" is something like "Your order is being located in our warehouse and being prepared for shipment." Must be some big warehouse if mine has been on that status since Sunday night. My original shipping date is set to arrive between August 9th and 13th. Amazon usually takes 2-3 days to get here, so I know they are going to ship Friday or Saturday.

Just plain unacceptable IMO. Wait almost a week to ship a damn item. They have been doing this so much to me lately. I don't get their deal.

Also, they say they don't charge until your item ships, but I was charged. Whatever this new method is, it makes it harder to cancel orders. Amazon always gives you the runaround when you try to cancel orders in "Shipping Now" which is stupid when it has been sitting in that status for close to a week when all's said and done.

Amazon's definition for "Shipping Now" is something like "Your order is being located in our warehouse and being prepared for shipment." Must be some big warehouse if mine has been on that status since Sunday night. My original shipping date is set to arrive between August 9th and 13th. Amazon usually takes 2-3 days to get here, so I know they are going to ship Friday or Saturday.

Just plain unacceptable IMO. Wait almost a week to ship a damn item. They have been doing this so much to me lately. I don't get their deal.

Also, they say they don't charge until your item ships, but I was charged. Whatever this new method is, it makes it harder to cancel orders. Amazon always gives you the runaround when you try to cancel orders in "Shipping Now" which is stupid when it has been sitting in that status for close to a week when all's said and done.
Yep, I find it hard to believe that they save any money by holding orders for a week. It's not like they are getting a better shipping rate as they seem to ship using the same services and it always takes the same amount of time to reach me once it actually ships whether they send it FSS or one of their paid choices.

Yeah the art in the LE is about 1/4 or 1/5 of the artwork in the CE.

So comfirmed CE differences are:
Statue (duh) ;
CD in jewel case instead of paper sleeve (same track list) ;
CE DLC code has 2 themes attached that are exclusive to it;
LE art pamphlet is about 1/4 or 1/5 of the artwork in the 100-page hard bound artbook in the CE.

So it's essentially already in the CE artbook? Gotcha.

I am extremely disappointed that the game doesn't come with a manual. Besides that, enjoying the game so far~

I am extremely disappointed that the game doesn't come with a manual. Besides that, enjoying the game so far~

wait.. WHAT? Is this true? This trend is staring to piss me off and one of the reasons i dont buy vita games very often and have no qualms about buying them used. To see it on a friggin PS3 RPG though is a joke. I was very upset at the fold out we got for Fire emblem, which traditionally has nice pretty detailed manuals. Im gonna be pissed if either my CE or LE has no manual whatsoever. Isn't his a deep RPG? I want to look at character descritpions, and battle charts, ect

wait.. WHAT? Is this true? This trend is staring to piss me off and one of the reasons i dont buy vita games very often and have no qualms about buying them used. To see it on a friggin PS3 RPG though is a joke. I was very upset at the fold out we got for Fire emblem, which traditionally has nice pretty detailed manuals. Im gonna be pissed if either my CE or LE has no manual whatsoever. Isn't his a deep RPG? I want to look at character descritpions, and battle charts, ect
Many recent games don't have manual like The Last of Us and Deadpool. The Europe Xillia does have a 15 pg manual.

Many recent games don't have manual like The Last of Us and Deadpool. The Europe Xillia does have a 15 pg manual.
the last of us and deadpool are not RPGs.. an RPG without a manual is disgusting. Especially a friggin collectors edition. So is it confirmed that no version has a manual? Thats friggin pathetic if thats the case.

Blea i really dont like where the gaming industry is heading. I bet in 10 years im just gonna be huddled in my room replaying old school rpgs on my SNES/PS1/ps2. While everyone else is paying $80 for a digital only DRM riddled 'game'

the last of us and deadpool are not RPGs.. an RPG without a manual is disgusting. Especially a friggin collectors edition. So is it confirmed that no version has a manual? Thats friggin pathetic if thats the case.

Blea i really dont like where the gaming industry is heading. I bet in 10 years im just gonna be huddled in my room replaying old school rpgs on my SNES/PS1/ps2. While everyone else is paying $80 for a digital only DRM riddled 'game'
No manual on any version of Xillia in the US. Get the Europe Xillia version if you must have one.

I don't see the big deal about no manual. No one reads them anymore. Why waste the money to make them if no one uses them?

It doesn't even make sense from a collector's standpoint. One doesn't exist, so the worry about it is taken out of your hands. There is no choice in the matter. It's not any less valuable or nice, because a manual never existed in the first place.

bread's done
Back