Target 20% off Destiny Trade-In Promotion and $20 Guaranteed for Select Titles

jvang117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
933 (100%)
Not everyone frequents the Target Thread, so I thought I might as well make a separate thread for Target's awesome current trade-in promo! (Mods, feel free to delete if repost.)

http://www.targettradeinprogram.com/ (click on red box labeled "20% Off Credit Towards Destiny!*!" for more information)

Here are the details of the promotion if you're too lazy to check yourself lol:

20% off Destiny Trade-In Promotion
Between 8/31/14 and 9/6/14 trade in eligible video games* and get the trade-in value PLUS 20% off Destiny AND get a guaranteed trade-in value on select hot titles. 20% off coupon will be valid 9/9 - 9/20/2014.

$20 Guaranteed Trade-in Value on the following select titles:

-Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3)
-Titanfall (Xbox One & Xbox 360)
-Battlefield 4 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3)
-Call of Duty: Ghosts (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3)
-NBA 2K14 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3)
-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3)

*To be eligible for the promotion, video game must be in the trade-in catalog. Offer valid in-store only in select Target mobile locations. Search below to find eligible stores.

All in all, if you have any copies of the above titles that you're looking to get rid of (*cough* mainly Call of Duty: Ghosts *cough*), now would be the time to do it if

a) you want Destiny for 20% off (even better with RedCard 5% off/employee discount 10% off)
b) don't like/have GameStop credit
c) don't like/have Best Buy credit / don't have GCU at Best Buy
d) (edited for post #21) don't like Walmart LOL

e) etc...

Thanks for reading and have a fine day :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to the CAG who posted the Cartwheel deal, still live for those who haven't obtained it

This is going to be my first truly CAG purchase for a game, and on launch day no less

This is an amazing deal for Target employees:

$60 - 20% trade-in coupon = $48

$48 - 10% Cartwheel = $42

$42- 10% TM discount = $36

$36 - $20 trade-in gc = $16

$16 - 5% Red Card = $15.20

And the $5 pre-order gc after purchase brings it to $11.20 for a day one purchase.

I don't know why you people keep making up rules. The trade-in coupon is a Target coupon. Cartwheel is a Target coupon. The $5 gift card is not a coupon and it is meant to be given to you after you purchase the game.
No the 20% and the $5 GC coupon are both considered target coupons and will not combine. They do use the $5 as a coupon discount to pay for the GC. The cartwheel offer is not considered a target coupon for some reason and always stacks

So...who wants to PM me a scan of the 20% off coupon?
Hopefully someone will scan and post it before Tuesday. I was out of the country for a week on vacation and couldn't partake in the trade in. I don't think it would be any different than the Gamestop birthday coupon postings.

anyone know if the Destiny Limited Edition will be available in stores?   I see its online, but who knows target doesn't usually carry the special editions in stores

anyone know if the Destiny Limited Edition will be available in stores? I see its online, but who knows target doesn't usually carry the special editions in stores
It says on the website that it is "not sold in stores". Is that not reliable? I'm asking because I don't know. If they actually received limited edition copies, I would buy one.

I noticed that, but it also says not sold in stores for the standard edition, which will 100% be in stores.   So its probably because they are not available yet for sale

Target will usually get a very few of limited editions, I suspect maybe 5 tops for each system, probably 3 since it's on 4 systems. They won't be selling the Ghost Edition I'm sure.

I didn't see any limited editions when I checked my pda. So far I've only seen a box of about 20 mixed copies of the game and a giant front lane shipper containing mostly standard copies. I guess we'll find out soon.

My coupon never printed so the store's mgr signed his name on my receipt and said to see him for the 20% off. But I would appreciate anybody's scan of the coupon since it's not unique. In case this guy isn't there when I go to buy a copy. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hopefully someone will scan and post it before Tuesday. I was out of the country for a week on vacation and couldn't partake in the trade in. I don't think it would be any different than the Gamestop birthday coupon postings.
Hopefully morons and other people like you realize that sometimes you get a deal and sometimes you don't and stop trying to do fraud against a company.

no midnight launch for Destiny at Target right? I'm working late tomorrow so looks like i'll have to wait until wednesday.  

http://s24.postimg.org/jjyncwvk5/receipt.jpg

Attached is my receipt from my purchase. This is the breakdown of what happened:
1) Gave the 20% coupon first
2) Gave the $5 pre-order card next
3) Those 2 promos conflicted so they subtracted the $5 from the total price bringing it down to $54.99 for Destiny
4) Used the Cartwheel promo
5) Gave them the $20 gift card (also had an additional $5 gift card from another day that I applied to this purchase)
6) Total was $15.99

Yup, great day! 
*And I got the 6 Pack of Coke for free since it was part of the promo

How hard was it to get them to use the $5 pre-order card? I almost picked one up the other day, but the limit of 1 Target coupon per purchase made me leery.

Also I'm surprised you didn't do it in this order to maximize the amounts off:

$60 - 20% = $48

$48 - 10% = $43.20

$43.20 - $5 = $38.20

$38.20 - $25 = $13.20

Though somebody did say earlier that the Target system picks its own order to apply things in even if you enter everything as above, so maybe it wouldn't have made a difference.

I just picked up my copy at Target.  I had a preorder card.  The system took everything without an override as far as the employee told me and I can see on my receipt.  The system chose the order to apply the coupons/promos.  I handed it all to the employee in the order that should have maximized the discount. 

I received:

$5.00 gift card for the preorder

20% off for trade in promo last week

10% off for cartwheel

free coke

The $5 gift card was listed on the receipt in a section titled "SPECIAL COUPON".  I don't think this was an override, but it was in a section by itself.  

The tradein 20% promo took $12 off.

Cartwheel was applied last, so it only took $4.30 off since that what the subtotal was after all the other promotions were applied.  

The subtotal before tax was $43.69

I then paid with a redcard and received another 5% off that subtotal.  Pretty great deal and the first time I have picked up a game at Target as opposed to Best Buy where I have GCU. 

(a personal pet peeve of mine is when people post the price they "paid" for the game after they used a gift card.  That's not what you paid...  you're just trying to brag)

How hard was it to get them to use the $5 pre-order card? I almost picked one up the other day, but the limit of 1 Target coupon per purchase made me leery.

Also I'm surprised you didn't do it in this order to maximize the amounts off:
I
$60 - 20% = $48
$48 - 10% = $43.20
$43.20 - $5 = $38.20
$38.20 - $25 = $13.20

Though somebody did say earlier that the Target system picks its own order to apply things in even if you enter everything as above, so maybe it wouldn't have made a difference.
Unfortunately you can't pick the order. They had to do some overrides to apply all my awesome discounts. Can't wait to play after work today

I just picked up my copy at Target. I had a preorder card. The system took everything without an override as far as the employee told me and I can see on my receipt. The system chose the order to apply the coupons/promos. I handed it all to the employee in the order that should have maximized the discount.

I received:

$5.00 gift card for the preorder

20% off for trade in promo last week

10% off for cartwheel

free coke

The $5 gift card was listed on the receipt in a section titled "SPECIAL COUPON". I don't think this was an override, but it was in a section by itself.

The tradein 20% promo took $12 off.

Cartwheel was applied last, so it only took $4.30 off since that what the subtotal was after all the other promotions were applied.

The subtotal before tax was $43.69

(a personal pet peeve of mine is when people post the price they "paid" for the game after they used a gift card. That's not what you paid... you're just trying to brag)
How did this add up? It should have been $39 before tax.

60 - 20% = 48

48 - 5 = 43

43 - 10% = 38.70

Are you sure the $5 pre-order card actually got applied?

Or if the $5 came off first:

60 - 5 = 55

55 - 20% = 44

44 - 10% = 39.60

Either way the $43 you had for the subtotal seems off.

How did this add up? It should have been $39 before tax.

60 - 20% = 48

48 - 5 = 43

43 - 10% = 39.70

Are you sure the $5 pre-order card actually got applied?

Or if the $5 came off first:

60 - 5 = 55

55 - 20% = 44

44 - 10% = 39.60

Either way the $43 you had for the subtotal seems off.
He paid ~$43 and got a $5 gift card. You don't get $5 deducted with the preorder card.

He paid ~$43 and got a $5 gift card. You don't get $5 deducted with the preorder card.
Ah, that would do it. Somebody earlier mentioned that they've been able to have the preorder card apply to the order itself, so I was subtrating that amount without thinking about it even though that probably wasn't the typical scenario.

Ah, that would do it. Somebody earlier mentioned that they've been able to have the preorder card apply to the order itself, so I was subtrating that amount without thinking about it even though that probably wasn't the typical scenario.
Maybe the employee was confused and attempting to immediately apply it created the issue with a duplicate coupon that needed an override?

The guy that I purchased from this morning said everything went through the system just fine. No overrides needed.

Here's what I learned:

I had problems stacking the preorder card with madden 15 $10 off.    Actually it was my fault I had a preorder for x1 and was buying the ps4 version.  So it wouldn't scan.   The cashier was really cool though, so she just manually took the $5 off my total and she even gave me the preorder card back.   So if people are having issues with the card scanning, I think the cashier is just manually taking $5 off.   This isn't the way its supposed to work so ymmv

Destiny:   everything stacked properly no problem with me 3 times.   Here are a few FYI's:   The cartwheel coupon will scan, but you won't see it take anything off before you hit total.  The 20% off coupon shows right away when scanned though.    In order to do the preorder $5 gift card, you need to peel off the sticker AND SCAN THAT BARCODE BEFORE HITTING TOTAL.   That activates the gift card prompts on the register.    Nothing will happen when scanning the cards after you total out, but it is an easy fix, cashiers can go back to previous screen.  Hope this helps!

Also FYI our Target had four Limited Editions out for sale this morning. No info as to whether the 20% coupon works on it as I missed the deal.

I did the trade in on the 6th and never got a coupon, but my receipt has a promotion section that has destiny mentioned along with 20 and 99, so I hope thats the 20% off coupon in character form

They ended up having to override mine...which worked in my favor.

1. Grabbed two copies (one X1, one PS4) - they scanned them.

2. Gave them my pre-order cards - they created them ($5 each).

3. Gave them the Cartwheel/Pinwheel BS - scanned just fine (10% off)

4. Gave them the 20% off coupons - error when scanned (because of GCs)

5. Manager came over and took $25.60 off (in lieu of the 20% off scan) based on a calculator on my phone.

Total with two Coke packs and two $5 GCs was $88.72 after MN 7.2750% tax (subtotal: $83.38).

If you want to take the GCs off - that's $73.38. But I haven't spent them nor did I try to on this transaction. I go to Target probably 2-3x/week so it's like cash to me.

So the pre-order card does not stack with the 20% off coupon.

So I was refunded $.42 for the pre-order card since it was a part of the "$15 off with purchase" bundle.

But yeah everything else was smooth: 20% off, 10% off cartwheel, and a free 6 pack of Sprite

ok since you guys seem to be having problems, here's the order I did mine which stacked fine without an override:   20% off---> cartwheel----> preorder card

although, it looks like if you do require an override, human error is giving some of you better deals

Did you pick up your copy yet? I have to wait until I get off of work, but I have a copy of the weekly ad from 8/31/14-09/06/14 which specifies the coupon, along with my trade in receipt, so I'm not too worried about them applying it.

I'm busy at work. May not get it since I'm getting it from Bestbuy. But for the price, it's hard to pass up.

Managed to track down a Destiny: Limited Edition for my little brother. Gave the preorder card first to secure my free $5 gift card, then the 20% off coupon (excludes Collector's Editions, but the lady manually overrode it for me anyway ;3), then the 10% off Cartwheel, which knocked it down to $72.XX. Using a Shopkick $5 Target gift card, a $40 Target Gift card from trading in two Ghosts (which I got from Target dirt cheap go figure!), and the 5% off RedCard, total came down to $30.XX. Target IMO is the retailer of the year!!!

bread's done
Back